How often do you enjoy a cheat meal?

  1. How often do you enjoy a cheat meal?


    How often during the week or month do you guys enjoy cheat meals?


  2. Cheat meal, every meal
    •   
       


  3. everyday. IIFYM.

    i eat about 1kg vegetables, 400-500g berries, 2-2.5g proteine/kg and ~1g fat/kg per day. After i ate this whole stuff and saved my proteine, i have about 800-1000kcal left which can be used for some cereals or pizza or ice cream or some stuff. easy going.

  4. oh and i eat max. 50-80g fructose per day. more would be possibly harmful, even for an everyday-gym-guy like me.

  5. Strangely I have 1 or 2 cheat days when I'm cutting but maybe 1 every 2 weeks when I'm trying to put on size. I guess that's because I eat more forbidden foods when bulking so don't need the psychological lift. Plus the main purpose of a cheat meal for me is to keep burning fat instead of storing... or at least that's the excuse I use
    •   
       


  6. I go by the mirror and if I look like I've had too many cheat meals I back off for a couple of days. But normally my cheat meals aren't the worst like a burger with sweet potato fries home made ya know isn't the worst. So I personally "cheat" 3 times a week sometimes more just depends what I got going on. But If you are not watching your weight then every meal should be a cheat meal haha
    Figure out what you want, make a plan, go get it, period.

    ---
    Team Juggernaut
    Team Mind & Muscle
    http://mindandmuscle.com
    Use discount code ROB5 on all purchases.
    Custom discounted stacks are available for you - message me for details!

  7. Currently all of them

  8. Two or three, burger + fries, sushi and kebab are my favourites

  9. Quote Originally Posted by iamyourfather View Post
    oh and i eat max. 50-80g fructose per day. more would be possibly harmful, even for an everyday-gym-guy like me.
    I know a 20oz soda has a lot of fructose free of fiber, but thatís totally different from eating bananas or straw berries or honey. Can you expand more on why you chose 50-80g and singled out fructose in general?
  10. How often do you enjoy a cheat meal?


    Quote Originally Posted by CarneyFolk View Post
    I know a 20oz soda has a lot of fructose free of fiber, but thatís totally different from eating bananas or straw berries or honey. Can you expand more on why you chose 50-80g and singled out fructose in general?
    yeah i eat about 0,5kg fruits per day so thats not the problem. you are right, this is with fibers and stuff so all good. the fructose im talking about is the one you get with consuming sugar. normal sugar is 50:50 glucose/fructose, so to stay below the 50-80g fructose i can eat 100-160g sugar a day. 50g fructose is known to be safe even for persons with low activity. more than that could cause several problems. heres a science video on youtube, its german but in the description you will find all the studyís to get the proof. you can eat anything, just check that you stay below this fructose amount to be safe. (and of course reach your goals for proteine, fiber, omega 3, micronutrients)

    youtu.be /-dISak-kORs

    (cant post links atm so delete the space after the Ą.beď)


    im sorry if its a little bit confusing, englisch is only my second language

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Currently all of them
    I'm with this guy.

    But seriously, I have no interest in being under 10%bf ever so I just increase my activity level. I eat 2-3 clean meals and 1-2 whatever I want. I also have a bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night and eating the door off the snack cabinet

  12. Eating the door off the snack cabinet....
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    To those having a "cheat meal" daily...

    That's not a cheat meal lol.
    An uncounted meal sure, but I think that for dietary purposes a "cheat meal" means an unplanned calorie load outside the normal diet.

    Eating it every day makes it the normal diet, IMO.

    IIFYM doesn't really mesh with cheat meals. IIFYM assumes you count the calories and macros, a cheat meal should not.

    My 2 cents!


    And to answer... By my definition of a cheat meal, not counted, not planned, not a refeed... Maybe twice a month when unexpected social outings come up.
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    To those having a "cheat meal" daily...

    That's not a cheat meal lol.
    An uncounted meal sure, but I think that for dietary purposes a "cheat meal" means an unplanned calorie load outside the normal diet.

    Eating it every day makes it the normal diet, IMO.

    IIFYM doesn't really mesh with cheat meals. IIFYM assumes you count the calories and macros, a cheat meal should not.

    My 2 cents!


    And to answer... By my definition of a cheat meal, not counted, not planned, not a refeed... Maybe twice a month when unexpected social outings come up.
    A wedding would be a good time for a real good cheat meal. Since they come around only once or twice a year at the most depending on who your friends and family are. Ive heard of people get invited to multiple weddings in a calendar year but that rarely has happened to me. Considering I'm older now and most my friends and family are married.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    To those having a "cheat meal" daily...

    That's not a cheat meal lol.
    An uncounted meal sure, but I think that for dietary purposes a "cheat meal" means an unplanned calorie load outside the normal diet.

    Eating it every day makes it the normal diet, IMO.

    IIFYM doesn't really mesh with cheat meals. IIFYM assumes you count the calories and macros, a cheat meal should not.

    My 2 cents!


    And to answer... By my definition of a cheat meal, not counted, not planned, not a refeed... Maybe twice a month when unexpected social outings come up.
    I think we all know that.

    But out of curiosity, if all my meals revolve around cramming down calories for a few weeks and then I have 1 meal of chicken and broccoli, is that a cheat meal???
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Smont View Post
    I think we all know that.

    But out of curiosity, if all my meals revolve around cramming down calories for a few weeks and then I have 1 meal of chicken and broccoli, is that a cheat meal???
    If it was an unexpected meal within an otherwise tracked diet, IMO technically it is cheating on the diet

    But when the hell does a plate of chicken/veggies get pushed on you unexpectedly? Lol

    I would just count it and adjust my day
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    If it was an unexpected meal within an otherwise tracked diet, IMO technically it is cheating on the diet

    But when the hell does a plate of chicken/veggies get pushed on you unexpectedly? Lol

    I would just count it and adjust my day
    When my girlfriend says my gut is starting to show😁

  18. Just having fun man, but this does have me thinking it's time to start dieting for a while now.
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    I hear you, Iíve changed my plan easily 10x in the past few months

    Could use a calorie cut lol
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How often do you train while "On"?
    By PumpingIron in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
  2. How often do you guys take a week off?
    By Jim Mills in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:12 PM
  3. How often do you get blood work done?
    By Funny Monkey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-11-2005, 11:46 PM
  4. How often do you guys train each bodypart?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 07:49 PM
  5. How often do you take a week off?
    By goldylight in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Log in
Log in