Dairy to almond

1. Dairy to almond

I drink A LOT of dairy milk and was thinking about switching to almond milk. I know it doesn't taste as good but I was just wondering if anyone has gone from a dairy addict to almond, how easy was it, and has your health changed? Do you feel better in any way?

2. My calories per day got a lot easier to abide by.. And I go for unsweetened vanilla cashew milk. Taste awesome
    Current Workout Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/296714-mr-supps-keto.html
    •   

3. I switched to ultra pasteurized FairLife milk from regular milk/horizon organic milk.

I've tried to switch to almond but it's just too thin and doesn't provide enough nutritionally for me to justify the switch.
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Taste is too big a change for me to drink on its own.

As a milk replacement in cereal or a shake I love it though. Unsweetened Cashew Milk on tap here

Saves 60-90 cals per cup depending on what type of milk you were using.
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com

5. I do half and half in my protein shakes
    Rep for Mr. Supps

Code- AM10 for 10% off at mrsupps.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Wimsicle View Post
    My calories per day got a lot easier to abide by.. And I go for unsweetened vanilla cashew milk. Taste awesome
    Same here.

If you're drinking a glass, it probably won't be a good replacement. If you're adding to shakes etc, its great. Personally I've never been the type of person to sit and drink a glass of milk

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dmcooper View Post
    I drink A LOT of dairy milk and was thinking about switching to almond milk. I know it doesn't taste as good but I was just wondering if anyone has gone from a dairy addict to almond, how easy was it, and has your health changed? Do you feel better in any way?
    Sure, I have. Used to drink skim milk. While I still drink skim, esp post training meal, when simple carbs are best here, I use almond milk in my cereal, and with recipes. Takes quite a bit of sugar carbs and keeps carbs lower.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

8. Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    Sure, I have. Used to drink skim milk. While I still drink skim, esp post training meal, when simple carbs are best here, I use almond milk in my cereal, and with recipes. Takes quite a bit of sugar carbs and keeps carbs lower.
    John I see you talk about getting simple carbs post workout often. I understand the science and manipulating insulin, but was wondering what your favorite source was.

I've been drinking chocolate milk haha
    Current Workout Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/296714-mr-supps-keto.html

9. Quote Originally Posted by Wimsicle View Post
    John I see you talk about getting simple carbs post workout often. I understand the science and manipulating insulin, but was wondering what your favorite source was.

I've been drinking chocolate milk haha
    Pudding, half a pack mixed with whey and skim milk, yummmm

and cereals with skim .
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

10. Quote Originally Posted by boflex78 View Post
    I switched to ultra pasteurized FairLife milk from regular milk/horizon organic milk.

I've tried to switch to almond but it's just too thin and doesn't provide enough nutritionally for me to justify the switch.
    Sane here, almond milk sucks, fairlife is my ****, I smash out a half gallon of the chocolate 4-5x a week
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 08:23 PM
  2. allergic to whey and dairy!
    By ketchup head in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:22 AM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-15-2003, 10:43 AM
  4. To all the experienced 1-Test users
    By Lifeguard in forum Anabolics