Tea Popular?

SlavicStrong

Awards
Anyone on these forums fond of drinking tea? Pre-workout, post, before bed, any time? I personally enjoy black tea, and green tea, but have to say I enjoy black tea slightly more. Just a question I was thinking of, not sure how popular tea is in the weightlifting world. If you do drink, do you drink because of taste, health benefits, other?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I drink chamomile tea at night occasionally. Doesn't help lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Love tea.

Typically green or black tea in the morning

Maybe red leaves afternoon

SlavicStrong

Awards
Love tea.

Typically green or black tea in the morning

Maybe red leaves afternoon
Caffeine? I currently use de-caf, just for personal preference, but apparently caffeinated holds slightly more benefits than decaf.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, there all caffeinated.

Occasionally I'll drink a sleepy time just to further promote sleep lol

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Iced tea for me. Green, black, passionfruit, sweet, whatever lol.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree, it all had to be iced lol

Exception is the sleepy time

jt75

jt75

Awards
  • Established
Saw a programme recently about South African rooibos tea having loads of antioxidants due to high quantities of aspalathin. Also great for fatloss, skin and hair, lipid levels, blood pressure, strong bones, aids in digestion. Seems like a very interesting tea.
Rooibos tea also prevented new fat cells from forming and caused existing fat to metabolize faster, according to the findings published in*Phytomedicine: International Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology.*

SlavicStrong

Awards
I usually have all decaf tea, black and green tea at various points throughout the day, usually green tea before bed.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saw a programme recently about South African rooibos tea having loads of antioxidants due to high quantities of aspalathin. Also great for fatloss, skin and hair, lipid levels, blood pressure, strong bones, aids in digestion. Seems like a very interesting tea.
Rooibos tea also prevented new fat cells from forming and caused existing fat to metabolize faster, according to the findings published in*Phytomedicine: International Journal of Phytotherapy and Phytopharmacology.*
I'm a fan of rooibos too.
Had some orange flavoured version (flavoured with orange pieces) some time ago. Was delicious, too bad it's used up now. Can't by it in my town.