Fiber (psyllium Husk) in post workout shake

Nutz

Nutz

Awards
Hey all,

I tend to have a few grams of psyllium Husk powder in my post workout shake, helps stop 'protein powder poo' and being honest, it's horrible when mixed in water.

I tend to only have one shake a day, I guess adding the fiber here is not optimal, but will it make much of a real word difference to protein and carb absorbtion?

My pwo shake is a maximuscle hurricane copy, 24g mixed cards, 29g protein, 5g creatine plus some other goodies.

Sometimes I'll blend in a banana, which I know is more fiber... :/

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Unlikely you will inhibit other nutrient uptake unless you're talking a huge amount.

No need to fit this into your shake though, why not add it to another meal in your day? You'd be surprised what you can sneak psyllium into

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How long after this shake do you wait until eating your next meal? Liquid carbs and protein digest fast but they can also cause some bathroom problems. I've found that eating a whole food meal 30-45 minutes after my post workout shake helps a lot with digestion. It still allows you to get in nutrients quickly after the workout, but it helps to eat some whole foods and fiber shortly after so you're not running to the bathroom

Nutz

Nutz

Awards
I usually get my PWO in around 20 minutes after my last set in the gym, Its not like I have to go straight away, more the smell affect on my wife after its digested :D