My NEW diet- What do ya'll think?

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
Hey fellas,
Just looking for advice/constructive criticism for my diet that i have planned -

Morning post workout-
-6 egg whites
-banana ,
-2.5 cups of quaker oats,
-15 gm almonds
-15 gm cashews,
-organic bread two slices with almond butter.

lunch during work-
-baked potato 6 oz
- half and half organic spinach mix 2 servings
-1 granola bar
-160 gm of black beans
-2 whole eggs

dinner -
-250gm rice brown
-2 cups broccoli
-7 oz of fish (Salmon /tilapia)
-1 medium avocado

fruits during the day-
- banana(which will be consumed post workout)
- apple (anytime)
- 2 small mandarins/clementines.

2700 cals - 351 carbs 89 fat 146 protein 70gm fiber
My goal is to bulk .

I am doing a no meat except fish diet .
Please let me know what you think!

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Any reason for no meat? The iron, fat and complete protein profile alone is what makes red meat so great. Obviously chicken is awesome too but red meat is so great for bulking with its natural fat content, high protein content and great micronutrient profile.

Just from a glace i see quite a bit of sugars, i would suggest to get as many carbs as possible that are complex. While veggies have protein they are not a complete source of protein so while im not a vegan and not familiar with each ones amino acid profile i would suggest not really counting veggies toward your protein marcos, meat first to fulfill the protein requirements and whatever extra you get from veggies are just a bonus.

I would suggest a meal before workout in the morning and if no room or time for meal then find something quick you can have that give you some preworkout carbs and a bit lf protein.

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
As above .. and take out some of the fats from post workout .. your training in a fasted state your body will need nutrients you dont want fats in there in any excess amount that will majorly slow the digestion down

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Any reason for no meat? The iron, fat and complete protein profile alone is what makes red meat so great. Obviously chicken is awesome too but red meat is so great for bulking with its natural fat content, high protein content and great micronutrient profile.

Just from a glace i see quite a bit of sugars, i would suggest to get as many carbs as possible that are complex. While veggies have protein they are not a complete source of protein so while im not a vegan and not familiar with each ones amino acid profile i would suggest not really counting veggies toward your protein marcos, meat first to fulfill the protein requirements and whatever extra you get from veggies are just a bonus.

I would suggest a meal before workout in the morning and if no room or time for meal then find something quick you can have that give you some preworkout carbs and a bit lf protein.
Nonfat greek yogurt (flavored) is great imo. 12g protein 20g carbs. I would also lower fat somewhat post workout.. too much fat, especially saturated, after a workout can lower protein digestion/uptake if I remember right.

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
As above .. and take out some of the fats from post workout .. your training in a fasted state your body will need nutrients you dont want fats in there in any excess amount that will majorly slow the digestion down
Oh, this is a great point.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Saw this after my post.

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
While any amount of protein is good you really shouldnt be getting any less than 25g post workout from a quality source.

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
Thanks guys for the advice. No meat is for health reasons as advised by my doctor and i dont want to go into the specific reasons for it.

I will remove the cashews and almonds from post workout meal. Meanwhile i will be consuming 6 oz of sockeye salmon which will give 36 gm protein( kirkland wild caught sockeye) . I have also removed clementines/mandarins as per the advice to remove sugar.

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Be sure all thoigh you have removed them to make up the calories somewhere. I would during lunch. That's just me

Lee_Westwood

Lee_Westwood

Awards
Just have your nuts you took from your post workout meal .. before bed after your dinner .. as a ' snack ' 30gms nuts is a good handful - dont take them out totally as you will be 2-300 calories down

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
Yes ill eat the nuts during lunch or dinner. Will keep the cals same. Overall the diet is good? I have tried to keep it simple

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Id also strongly suggest getting a protein powder supplement, any repeatable quality brand. If you only use it post workout then get whey isolate, if you want to drink a couple day for the added protein then i usually get a matrix like syntha-6).

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
To be honest, i hate protein powders , I personally prefer getting protein through food. I am getting- 1gm per lb of bodyweight through this diet. I also take fish oil, multivitamin, bcaa during fasted training and vitamind3

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't remove the fruit either.

Moving the fats away from your workout would be the only suggestion worth taking (and keeping fruit in - think micronutrients)

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any reason you take only egg whites in the morning?
Some research out there that high amaount of protein in the morning isn't that good. I can't find it right now but limiting protein in the morning (daily intake the same) resulted in lower cortisole.

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
No such reason, i take 6 egg whites which is like 18 gm protein , thats less than 1 scoop of protein powder in general.

Also, guys i have been following this diet and i feel bloated with puffy belly and gases as well .what could be the reason? I drink a gallon of water.
Is it because of the fiber being 70 gm ?
Or vitamin d?
I take 3 fish oil pills oxiomega controlled labs, 4 orange triad pills, 1 calcium pill, and 2500iu vitamin d3. I have heard vitamin d3 can cause constipation.
Any help appreciated!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a boat load of fiber.

25-35g for men per day is recommended

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
How can i get carbs without fiber then?

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
I already consume 250 gms of rice :(

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look at bleached/white pastas and breads.

Whole grains and others (quinoa, brown rice) have higher fiber content.

My go-to grain is pearl couscous or tricolor couscous.

klaydo68

klaydo68

Awards
I'd split it up into 6-8 smaller meals of the same foods I can break down the science of why this would be better if you want let me know

Sarveshspace

Sarveshspace

Awards
Sure that would be helpful

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
That's a buttload of carbs in one meal post workout. Are you not going over your carb macros? 1/3 of a cup of Quaker oats is 20g carbs. Therefore 2.5 cups of Quaker Oats is 150g. Plus the 2 slices of bread we will say are about 15-20g each bringing you to almost 200g in 1 meal for a daily carb intake of just over 300. Am I missing something? Based on those numbers you are going way over your carbs for the day after looking at the rest of your meals