Hello!

larry909

larry909

Awards
Hello!

I have started recently buying protien powder more as a food supplement then for body building, although I would like to start working out more as soon as I can get my protien intake up to par. I'm sensitive to dairy and wheat and most other allergens, and wasn't getting enough protien.

So I got the Bluebonnet veggie protien but wanted to know if there's any to tell if the powder is spoiled or not.

I noticed that the taste seems to deteriorate really fast. In the beginning it has a fresher taste and after a week or two not so good. Can't say that its really a bad spoiled taste, maybe a bit. More like a off taste.

I wouldn't mind the taste if I knew for sure that it's just the taste, but I'm worried the taste might be a reflection of its spoilage.

I read that with veggie protien it's harder to tell if it's spoiled as it doesn't have the same bad spoilage smells and tastes as the whey protien powder.

Is there some way I can tell for sure if it's spoiled? I really need the protien but don't want to get sick.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you refrigerate it? What do the directions say once opened?

I would contact bluebonnet.
This doesn't sound right.

larry909

larry909

Awards
Contacted them, waiting for reply. I've read that you shouldn't refrigerate protien powder as the moisture/condensation spoils it. (Maybe the humidity here is spoiling it when I open it)

larry909

larry909

Awards
Is there some way you can put the powder with let's say vinegar or some other mixture and if it's spoiled you'll get a specific chemical reaction? Or if it's for sure not spoiled than *that* will happen?

KatGreen

Awards
Hey..if want to find out if its spoiled check it for wet clumps..wet clumps means it holds moisture. now if it has bad odor then its definitely spoiled since smell is best way to identify if the product is spoiled or not.