Low test and diet strategy? Help plz

Dazzlinyu

Awards
Hi guys its been 5 months post cycle and I got tested a few weeks ago and my test was borderline low. I can't remember the last time I had morning wood and libido is shyt but can still have sex etc and get hard enough to penintrate. Anyway atm I'm on a second pct of clomid and nolva. Saw an endo he told me to wait as he thought I'll recover in time but I was feeling too shyt and decided to do another pct. Anyway I'm starting to feel alot better but u was wondering how would a person eat with low testosterone? Has anyone here done it? What will the calories macros be. Atm I'm supplementing with the vit d 5000iu a day, daa, zinc and alot of nuts and coconut oil. I can't lose around my stomach no matter what I do I've carb cycled in the past not knowing I was borderline low test and lost fat everywhere except around my stomach. I did cardio twice a day for 7 weeks I looked like a staved child with no muscle and my diet was made by a pt it was high protein aswell still lost muscle. Someone help me who has gone thru this.

My stats are
I'm 28
194lbs
20%bf
Eating 2800 cal a day atm p/f/c 30/35/35
Im.in second week of pct

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Eating clean, lots of protein, low on the quick carbs. That alone will help you bump your test back up.

If you're trying to get the belly down, do a legit Keto diet. That's about the only thing that works for me.

Dazzlinyu

Awards
Eating clean, lots of protein, low on the quick carbs. That alone will help you bump your test back up.

If you're trying to get the belly down, do a legit Keto diet. That's about the only thing that works for me.
Thanks for your reply
I was thinking eating protein 1g per lbs of body weight 2g per lbs in carbs and a bout 30% in fats all on training days. On none training days I was gonna go no carbs

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Thanks for your reply
I was thinking eating protein 1g per lbs of body weight 2g per lbs in carbs and a bout 30% in fats all on training days. On none training days I was gonna go no carbs
Do you know if you have to deal with insulin resistance or anything like that?

Dazzlinyu

Awards
I'm not sure. But I do have issues after eating High gi foods and simple sugars I feel bloated in my stomach the next day

WigBrah

Awards
Not sure why you ran a cycle at that % body fat!? What cycle did you run?

Obviously you're not shy with cycles, so once you've got your test back to normal levels, I'd suggest going on a cut with 7-keto and 11-oxo (maybe throw in some cardarine too). Going on a mini cut with just 11-oxo has been great IMO, and on my next mini-cut I'll be throwing in some 7-keto and may give cardarine a try (I go on a 3 month bulk followed by a 1.5 months cut). Needless to say, 11-oxo and cardarine retain muscle on a deficit, reduce cortisol which can result in the "stubborn fat". If you run 11-oxo at 300mg p/d you'll likely be fine without any PCT. OTC is more than sufficient if you're cautious after your current experience.

As for test and your diet, your macros look about right; you want 30-40% of your diet to be from fats, specifically saturated and monounsaturated. Also, you may want to try getting in boron (can be supplemented like Vit. D or is found in highest concentrations in raisins and almonds, which are both circa 2.5mg of boron per 100g). From personal experience, I'd also suggest KSM-66/ashwagandha. I'm currently using the Swanson brand @ 2 pills with breakfast.

PS: I don't have enough posts to link sites but I'm basing the above from my current experience after reading the 'How to Increase Testosterone Naturally' article on Art of Manliness and Anabolic Men (Google them and I'm sure they'll pop up).

Dazzlinyu

Awards
Not sure why you ran a cycle at that % body fat!? What cycle did you run?

Obviously you're not shy with cycles, so once you've got your test back to normal levels, I'd suggest going on a cut with 7-keto and 11-oxo (maybe throw in some cardarine too). Going on a mini cut with just 11-oxo has been great IMO, and on my next mini-cut I'll be throwing in some 7-keto and may give cardarine a try (I go on a 3 month bulk followed by a 1.5 months cut). Needless to say, 11-oxo and cardarine retain muscle on a deficit, reduce cortisol which can result in the "stubborn fat". If you run 11-oxo at 300mg p/d you'll likely be fine without any PCT. OTC is more than sufficient if you're cautious after your current experience.

As for test and your diet, your macros look about right; you want 30-40% of your diet to be from fats, specifically saturated and monounsaturated. Also, you may want to try getting in boron (can be supplemented like Vit. D or is found in highest concentrations in raisins and almonds, which are both circa 2.5mg of boron per 100g). From personal experience, I'd also suggest KSM-66/ashwagandha. I'm currently using the Swanson brand @ 2 pills with breakfast.

PS: I don't have enough posts to link sites but I'm basing the above from my current experience after reading the 'How to Increase Testosterone Naturally' article on Art of Manliness and Anabolic Men (Google them and I'm sure they'll pop up).
Hey thanks alot awesome help I will definitely look in to it

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To keep test high while dieting don't restrict fat and cholesterol, restrict your calories else where cough cough CARBS cough cough. They aren't your enemies any ways. As cholesterol and saturated fats are necessary for production of numerous of hormones.

WarriorMp

WarriorMp

Awards
Did you use HCG as part of your PCT? If not I'd definitely recommend it.

Diet looks pretty decent, but I'm no dietician.

Just throwing this out there cuz it worked for me, try using an AI for a bit, like Letro or Aromasin. There were a couple studies I saw that should their use to help increase test levels. In the past I had a little issue with low T, and after I saw one of those articles I figured what hell, so I used Letro for about 2 months standalone. When I did blood work again it showed my T levels doubled. A word of caution though, if you decide to go that route, go slow with it so that you don't dose too high, you still need some estro.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Red meat, broccoli, cauliflower up the wazoo will help get and keep your test up.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Thought broccoli can lower test? Not saying you shouldn't eat it tho.
Most know it alls claim that cruciferous veggies raise test. Unless I'm confused. Which happens occasionally

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most know it alls claim that cruciferous veggies raise test. Unless I'm confused. Which happens occasionally
Ya that's what I thought too. But I thought there was something specific in broccoli that lowers it. I could be way wrong tho

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Thought broccoli can lower test? Not saying you shouldn't eat it tho.
You might be thinking about thyroid, but that's with raw broccoli, and it would take a ridiculous amount. Actually I think that worry is way overblown

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You might be thinking about thyroid, but that's with raw broccoli, and it would take a ridiculous amount. Actually I think that worry is way overblown
That may be it. It has been a while. Also I agree it's no reason not to eat broccoli.

JG93

JG93

Awards
To keep test high while dieting don't restrict fat and cholesterol, restrict your calories else where cough cough CARBS cough cough. They aren't your enemies any ways. As cholesterol and saturated fats are necessary for production of numerous of hormones.
Agreed!

If your estro is in check I say drop the Nolva, eat your clomid daily as it is known to raise test.
See if you start feeling better.
Get more bloods done after 30 days and see where you stand.
If you have an understand endo, you should have no issues.
Or go through private med labs.