Starkist Tuna Lawsuit - Underfilled Cans

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Saw this online today - thought it might apply to some people on the forums, as it applies to me. Apparently Starkist is under a lawsuit for underfilling their cans (some test cans were only found with half of what was indicated on the label). Definitely an interesting read, and free tuna if you're a class member!

StarKist Tuna Class Action Settlement

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I already filed. I only purchase tuna when it is on sale and there must be a coupon. People think that tuna is so cheap. Brb, the can will get you 4 ounces of meat once drained, cost per 4 ounces is $.88 on sale which is $3.52/lb

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I already filed. I only purchase tuna when it is on sale and there must be a coupon. People think that tuna is so cheap. Brb, the can will get you 4 ounces of meat once drained, cost per 4 ounces is $.88 on sale which is $3.52/lb
Hm, yeah I never actually did the math to get the price per pound. Its not super expensive, but chicken breast is still cheaper at any store. Tuna is super convenient though when you're in a pinch. Its crazy that they skimped the cans that much though, such a load of crap.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hm, yeah I never actually did the math to get the price per pound. Its not super expensive, but chicken breast is still cheaper at any store. Tuna is super convenient though when you're in a pinch. Its crazy that they skimped the cans that much though, such a load of crap.
Ground turkey breast, pork chop, and even some cuts of steak and ground beef are cheaper. Tilapia is too.

Anyways, what did you select, the $50 worth of tuna or $25?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cool. Tuna isn't bad stuff. It does actually get expensive though, especially if your purchase the quality stuff. The chunk light isn't great but I get sometimes when I want to save money. Usually I get the solid white albacore in oil. Tastes a heck of a lot better than the chunk lite.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Wow I guess everyone is hurting for profits these days.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Filled. Asked for 50 dollar voucher since they most likely stole hundreds from me over the years.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Ground turkey breast, pork chop, and even some cuts of steak and ground beef are cheaper. Tilapia is too.

Anyways, what did you select, the $50 worth of tuna or $25?
I selected the $25. Consuming more product from a company that scammed millions of buyers doesn't seem logical to me. I'll take the cash haha

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool. Tuna isn't bad stuff. It does actually get expensive though, especially if your purchase the quality stuff. The chunk light isn't great but I get sometimes when I want to save money. Usually I get the solid white albacore in oil. Tastes a heck of a lot better than the chunk lite.
If I have tuna, which is a very rare occasion, I go with Wild Planet. It absolutely blows other typical tuna brands out of the water.

I selected the $25. Consuming more product from a company that scammed millions of buyers doesn't seem logical to me. I'll take the cash haha
Agree, plus I don't eat tuna often.