How does my diet look?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to lean up some for summer and ive started counting my cals and trying to clean up my diet.
Any tips on anything i should add/remove would be appreciated.

Breakfast
2 eggs
1/3 cup egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
2 cups organic vit d milk
1/2 scoop MTS whey

Snack
PB&J
(wheat bread,Low sugar jelly,P28)

Lunch:
4oz Chicken
1 Cup chicken-flavored rice

Pre workout:
Apple and 1 scoop Whey

Post wokout:
1 scoop whey

Dinner:
8 oz steak
1 cup rice

Before Bed:
1 slice bread
2 tb P28

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Your diet looks real clean man. However, its difficult to know where you should be calorie wise without knowing your height, age, weight, and a little background. As far as the diet looks without any knowledge of your current stats, I'd say its looking pretty good. Looks like your carbs are quite high, which is fine if you can get away with taking in that much carbohydrate. But if you are having trouble losing weight you may need to begin to pull some of those carb servings out, or decrease carb portion sizes.

Also another key for cutting, eat more green veggies. They help with digestion and keep you feeling full. Post up some stats and you'll get a much better critique on this diet.

I'm all about the MTS Whey too. That stuff is like crack

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply man.
I'm 22
5'10
I've been weight training for about 2 years
I'm at 200 lbs
Yeah i was thinking my carbs would be a little high. I might skip on the bread before I go to sleep.
I could try to throw in a salad for lunch with the chicken and rice?
I'm also doing 20-30 minutes fasted cardio about 3 days a week on my rest days.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I'm not quite sure of my body fat but if I could guess it would be 15-20 percent. May be a little less but I'm going off a picture that dismays how different bf levels look

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
My training routine is shortcut to size

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Where are the veggies at? I'd replace the bread and rice with a vegetable. Broccoli, spinach, even a sweet potato. All good stuff.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Where are the veggies at? I'd replace the bread and rice with a vegetable. Broccoli, spinach, even a sweet potato. All good stuff.
Agreed. Need some more veggies in there.

I can also guarantee you that the chicken flavored rice is loaded with sodium as well. Go with just brown rice and/or quinoa. Love me some quinoa.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Ok so we're pretty similar then. I'm 22 also, 6'2 @ 190 pounds. The diet you posted above comes out to roughly 2882 calories 88 fat, 240 protein, and 269 carb. Your maintenance is probably right around 3000, so I'd say you're pretty spot on with where this diet, that would be a good plan to start out on. However, I do suggest adding in some veggies in though.

20-30 of fasted cardio will work wonders, definitely look into getting some Yohimbine HCL if you're doing fasted cardio, it'll make it far more effective. There's tons of logs and info to be found about Y-HCL on this site. And once your progress stalls I would start by taking that bread out before bed, then slowly cut back on your other starches throughout the day. Shortcut to size is a fun program. Good luck man!

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Ok so we're pretty similar then. I'm 22 also, 6'2 @ 190 pounds. The diet you posted above comes out to roughly 2882 calories88 fat, 240 protein, and 269 carb. Your maintenance is probably right around 3000, so I'd say you're pretty spot on with where this diet, that would be a good plan to start out on. However, I do suggest adding in some veggies in though.

20-30 of fasted cardio will work wonders, definitely look into getting some Yohimbine HCL if you're doing fasted cardio, it'll make it far more effective. There's tons of logs and info to be found about Y-HCL on this site. And once your progress stalls I would start by taking that bread out before bed, then slowly cut back on your other starches throughout the day. Shortcut to size is a fun program. Good luck man!
I may mess around with the carbs some but I'm hoping to maybe build some lean muscle and limit the fat gain. Im dosing two scoops of alphamine before I do cardio. Is there a better source or supplement that has yhcl in it? And I will probably add in some greens at lunch maybe a salad with some balsamic vinegar. Thanks again for the reply you guys

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would add veggies and personally, I would not lower carbs unless I needed to. For example, if weight loss stalled some. Also, it looks like fats are on the low side. If you follow this plan to a T, have you figured out what the macros would be? That would help a lot.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Before the bread and p28 later on after putting into my cal counter I'm at
Fat:116
Carb: 167
Protein: 243

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could easily lower the fat and protein and up your carbs. That is the route I'd take.

Also, are you sure your fat is calculated right? Unless the PB sandwich you're having is from 5 servings and the steak is a very fatty cut, it seems off.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
^^^ I agree. And the carbs in your total seems low to me too. You're taking in 2 cups of rice, a full cup of oats, an apple, and a few slices of bread. I mean I don't know exactly what you consume, my total was an estimate, but your numbers seem off. What calc are you using? If you are correct with your calculation, you could definitely lower the fat a bit and still be ok.

But at the end of the day, if you're leaning out and getting results, keep doing what you're doing.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
It's a little off. I used a generic pbj on the counter and not p28. I used the steak is lean cut. I edited my counter a little and its
F: 69
C:163
P:230

This is before my peanut butter and bread before I go to sleep

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
^^^ I agree. And the carbs in your total seems low to me too. You're taking in 2 cups of rice, a full cup of oats, an apple, and a few slices of bread. I mean I don't know exactly what you consume, my total was an estimate, but your numbers seem off. What calc are you using? If you are correct with your calculation, you could definitely lower the fat a bit and still be ok.

But at the end of the day, if you're leaning out and getting results, keep doing what you're doing.
Yeah I was a little off. I was being lazy and didnt put in exactly what brand I was eating haha

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's a little off. I used a generic pbj on the counter and not p28. I used the steak is lean cut. I edited my counter a little and its

Your fats are a little low. Id go against the grain and say if your bf% is that high, then id drop the carbs a bit and increase the fats.

But I come purely from a health perspective

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

If these macros are correct, you're only taking in roughly 2200 calories a day, plus the bread and p28 at night. This seems pretty low to start, but I don't know what your maintenance calories are or what condition your metabolism is in. I would say add in a little more fat, keep that p28 in before bed to add in some extra fat and protein. Stick to that for a few weeks and see what happens. You'll need to find a baseline for what your body responds to, so as long as you stay consistent and stay true to your diet you'll be able to assess if you need to increase or decrease calories to hit your goals.

I would give it a go for a week and monitor energy/performance in the gym, as well as appearance and body weight and let us know how you're doing. Your diet is clean so your results should come quickly, but it'll be trial and error to figure out where you need to be calorie intake wise to reach your goals.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
If these macros are correct, you're only taking in roughly 2200 calories a day, plus the bread and p28 at night. This seems pretty low to start, but I don't know what your maintenance calories are or what condition your metabolism is in. I would say add in a little more fat, keep that p28 in before bed to add in some extra fat and protein. Stick to that for a few weeks and see what happens. You'll need to find a baseline for what your body responds to, so as long as you stay consistent and stay true to your diet you'll be able to assess if you need to increase or decrease calories to hit your goals.

I would give it a go for a week and monitor energy/performance in the gym, as well as appearance and body weight and let us know how you're doing. Your diet is clean so your results should come quickly, but it'll be trial and error to figure out where you need to be calorie intake wise to reach your goals.
Thanks again man, yeah I'll update this again in about a week. As of this morning I was down .2 of a pound which is probably just water weight. Energy is still pretty good, I'm taking Abe which is making me hungry as s*** haha.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
So far I'm down two pounds and feeling more lean. Energy is still up. Also I got a bottle of alphamax and started today. Excited to try it for the month if I enjoy it I'll run it again.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Are you running it with ABE? If so, have you before?
I am running it with Abe. I haven't ran the two together but I have taken a product with armistane. So far I'm really enjoying the two. I feel stronger and my girlfriend tells me I'm looking leaner but bigger at the same time haha.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Also I'm down to 196 as of this morning.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am running it with Abe. I haven't ran the two together but I have taken a product with armistane. So far I'm really enjoying the two. I feel stronger and my girlfriend tells me I'm looking leaner but bigger at the same time haha.
Also I'm down to 196 as of this morning.
Sounds like it is treaty you well!

I was just asking if you have ran them before, because sometimes it can be too much F95 for some and either splitting doses or other means are necessary to combat that.

ufusannon

Awards
your diet looks

Schkinny Maninny :For me that's good for your diet its normal and that could help you