Cutting for females?

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Recently I've been bringing my girlfriend with me to the gym. I've got her running 5/3/1 with me, she's pretty decently strong for her size. I never really paid attention to her diet or what she ate since she's pretty skinny and looks good, but yesterday she told me she feels fat and wants a change... So I asked her to tell me what she eats in a normal day and she said "well today I had a sweet potato... And... That's pretty much it." And it was like 7 at night. She basically eats like nothing. So I sent her a link to some articles by Layne Norton and told her to read them over, and she came back to me with this whole thing planned out- she came up with the idea of 1700 calories per day, using Layne's formula of BWX15, and put herself in a deficit of like 300 calories for a "slow cut". She and I then planned out specific foods and meal times also based off of Layne's recommendations, and here's what it looks like, roughly:
1659 calories
162g protein
40g fat
165 carbs

The problem is, she doesn't think she can eat all that. She legitimately said "if I eat that much, I'll get fat". Since I've really never dealt with something like this before, what are your thoughts on this situation and how she/we could handle it?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
My wife was the same

Work her up to it
Reverse diet from whatever her current average is

I had to prep her meals for her lol

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
My wife was the same Work her up to it Reverse diet from whatever her current average is I had to prep her meals for her lol
Hahaha it's something I've never understood. She was like "1700 calories?? What!" And she thinks that's a lot... Honestly I'd feel like I was dying if I was restricted to that!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hahaha it's something I've never understood. She was like "1700 calories?? What!" And she thinks that's a lot... Honestly I'd feel like I was dying if I was restricted to that!!
Females have to go lowest than males just how it is keep an eye on her
Mood energy and strength and adjust as needed

Some females do have crazy metabolisms though !

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Females have to go lowest than males just how it is keep an eye on her Mood energy and strength and adjust as needed Some females do have crazy metabolisms though !
Sounds good man, thanks. It just blows my mind that she could eat so little and be fine!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
oh believe me. females may get down into the 20-25g fat range towards the end of a prep man. its brutal.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
oh believe me. females may get down into the 20-25g fat range towards the end of a prep man. its brutal.
Ouch.

I'm glad I don't have to diet down like that, i love me my fats. Whole milk and beef are and always will be staples in my beloved diet.

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
Coming from being a fatso - it really can be a change - despite being skinny - the body adapts amazingly well to eating barely any calories and getting away with it. I'm with Driven on the reverse dieting - she might gain weight before she loses it - but it will be lean muscle. Then she can cut off any gained fat + more - once she gets to a healthy caloric level.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Coming from being a fatso - it really can be a change - despite being skinny - the body adapts amazingly well to eating barely any calories and getting away with it. I'm with Driven on the reverse dieting - she might gain weight before she loses it - but it will be lean muscle. Then she can cut off any gained fat + more - once she gets to a healthy caloric level.
I know what you mean!

Currently I'm on a cut from 200lbs- I've cut down to 191 in the past 4 weeks. But I'm only 5'5", and my bulk made me carry a bunch of fat. It's amazing how quickly your body adapts to a new diet and a caloric deficit though, I'm slowly starting to see cuts in muscle again and my abs are coming in just a little now, and it feels so good to actually SEE the dieting work!

shooldvv4

Awards
Female genital mutilation (FGM), also known as female genital cutting and female circumcision, is the ritual removal of some or all of the external female

whitelie

Awards
Female genital mutilation (FGM), also known as female genital cutting and female circumcision, is the ritual removal of some or all of the external female