best diet for recomp

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Im 220-225 lbs. I have been recomping using the anabolic diet 5 days no carbs high fats, 2 days high carbs low fats, and have had good results. I feel great and recovery has been great as well. I do however question if i am as optimal as i could be. I am fully fat adapeted and have no problems running keto for two- three weeks at a time. I have been doing the anabolic diet for months now. I have been experiencing stomach issues on my carb days, especially when i am eating clean carbs. I know that i am stressing my system, so i am thinking of changing up. Also i am very consistent with cardio, everyday and weight 6 days a week at different volumes and loads. On the seventh day i may even do two cardio sessions. As well as add night cardio after weights some nights.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am thinking of keeping a moderate fat and high protein diet, with the introduction of carbs intraworkout and post workout. I figure i will be able to recovery better, stay fuller( i get really flat during my keto days and my pumps are not like they used to be) and it will help shuttle more nutrients post wo. Would love some opinions on this... Also . Think maybe a high carb low fat day once a week or every two weeks as a refeed.. Not sure about this though.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Personally a recomposition diet regiment works best with targeted keto using slightly above maintenance calories...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any "diet" where one's calorie intake is just above maintenance. Maybe `200 cals or so.

max d

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to naturally recomp right not by eating 600 cals over maint on lifting days (4x week) and at a slight deficit like 200 cals on off days. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and going no where since I don't see any real results eitheri way. I've been doing this for almost 4 weeks and I've gained roughly a pound but no real difference in the mirror.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am trying to naturally recomp right not by eating 600 cals over maint on lifting days (4x week) and at a slight deficit like 200 cals on off days. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and going no where since I don't see any real results eitheri way. I've been doing this for almost 4 weeks and I've gained roughly a pound but no real difference in the mirror.
Yea thats frustrating. Im used to results, but miss being big lol. Everyday i feel like i want the opposite lol

max d

Awards
  • Established
Yea thats frustrating. Im used to results, but miss being big lol. Everyday i feel like i want the opposite lol
Yeah lack of natural results is why every couple years I do a cycle. Easily get bigger and lose fat, best of both worlds!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah lack of natural results is why every couple years I do a cycle. Easily get bigger and lose fat, best of both worlds!
I hear u. Ive never ventured that route , not even phs, but sometimes i wonder where i could be if i did. I honestly have been able to use food to produce results, but the diets are sometimes very grueling and the regimens are challenging. I dont wanna keep yoyoing in weight, so im trying to be more steady. I personally think food and nutrient timing produce hormonal responses that causes your body to react certain ways, and ive been benefiting from such responses. Thats why im wondering if a backloading postworkout with some carbs would be better for me than two straight days of carb fests lol also trying not to get as flat as i am during the weekdays

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Results are already slow, recomp results are even slower. No one is seeing huge recomp changes in four weeks, you've got to be patient if you are taking that route.

Personally I center the majority of my carbs around my hardest workouts/days regardless, but around maintenance for recomp (over the course of the week, some days are over some under). Slow but steady.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Results are already slow, recomp results are even slower. No one is seeing huge recomp changes in four weeks, you've got to be patient if you are taking that route.

Personally I center the majority of my carbs around my hardest workouts/days regardless, but around maintenance for recomp (over the course of the week, some days are over some under). Slow but steady.
Yea i think im going to start doing that. I really like the anabolic diet, but i think if i eliminate the carb days and scheduele carbs around the monster days in the gym ill be better off

max d

Awards
  • Established
Yea i think im going to start doing that. I really like the anabolic diet, but i think if i eliminate the carb days and scheduele carbs around the monster days in the gym ill be better off
I did carb backloading for a summer, before I started counting macros, and liked what it did to my physique. The only negative was workouts we're not awesome since I had no carbs prior to training... But its seems like ur body has adapted well to no carbs so it might be right up your alley.

max d

Awards
  • Established

Yeah I have to keep that in mind. Its just a mental f@ck. At least with cutting/bulking u see the scale move. I'm going to try and go this route for 3 months and see what happens. If not I have ostarine on deck to help assist. I have never used it but wanted to try an alternative to PHs to help recomp.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
Just google "layne norton diet" and revel in the amount of information the man can give you.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Reverse diet, i did after my last cut, and it helped my metabolism a lot, got up to 540 carbs, but now I'm cutting again :(

Second the notion to look up laynes videos.. he has a couple on reverse dieting they are 25min long average

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Reverse diet, i did after my last cut, and it helped my metabolism a lot, got up to 540 carbs, but now I'm cutting again :(

Second the notion to look up laynes videos.. he has a couple on reverse dieting they are 25min long average
Just recently started this and holy moly has it made a huge difference, I was low carb for months and slowly added carbs to 350-400 daily for the last 4 weeks and started dropping weight again while remaining full of glycogen :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Got you bro. I am working my way from a bulk into a cut, basically recomping for another month or so. If anything i wanna keep my carbs low still, just thinking that a few post workout small refeeeds instead of. Two whole refeed days is more optimal. Ive been doing just that and i feel great, so i think im going to stick with it for now.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Just recently started this and holy moly has it made a huge difference, I was low carb for months and slowly added carbs to 350-400 daily for the last 4 weeks and started dropping weight again while remaining full of glycogen :)
Its crazy!!! and the thing that blows my mind is the scale doesn't go up that much, you are upping carbs and maybe a gram of fat here and there but the scale is pretty consistent!!! glad you enjoyed it, looking forward to getting up there in carbs after this cut hahah

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Got you bro. I am working my way from a bulk into a cut, basically recomping for another month or so. If anything i wanna keep my carbs low still, just thinking that a few post workout small refeeeds instead of. Two whole refeed days is more optimal. Ive been doing just that and i feel great, so i think im going to stick with it for now.

Great man!! i have no doubt you will be diced after your cut!! I happen to feel better on lower carbs, to many carbs makes me feel lazy and kinda tired so i understand your logic

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great man!! i have no doubt you will be diced after your cut!! I happen to feel better on lower carbs, to many carbs makes me feel lazy and kinda tired so i understand your logic
Yea its amazing how much better i feel without them too. My baseline energy is way higher.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Yea its amazing how much better i feel without them too. My baseline energy is way higher.
it just proves everyone is different, i know a couple of people that can barely function on lower carbs. crazy how the body acts.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it just proves everyone is different, i know a couple of people that can barely function on lower carbs. crazy how the body acts.
Yea i know. It took me months to get here tho. Ive done this anabolic diet three times so far. For about two months each time. All those 12 day induction phases must have done somthing lol

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Yea i know. It took me months to get here tho. Ive done this anabolic diet three times so far. For about two months each time. All those 12 day induction phases must have done somthing lol
If its working why change it hah, no reason to fix something that not broke. What weight are you looking to get down to

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If its working why change it hah, no reason to fix something that not broke. What weight are you looking to get down to
Because the carb up have been hard to control and are excessive. Ive had too many digestive problems as of late from it. Also im super flat by friday and the pumps are minimal. Im looking for more of a performance based diet where it fuels my workouts. I have been doing well, but i think i can get better.
For now i want to recomp at 220. After my summer cut i would like to be around 208 to 210

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I am thinking of keeping a moderate fat and high protein diet, with the introduction of carbs intraworkout and post workout. I figure i will be able to recovery better, stay fuller( i get really flat during my keto days and my pumps are not like they used to be) and it will help shuttle more nutrients post wo. Would love some opinions on this... Also . Think maybe a high carb low fat day once a week or every two weeks as a refeed.. Not sure about this though.
I did this.

I started to have carbs pre and post workout and kept it low carb with all other meals and had great success with my diet and in the gym. Give it a shot!

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So far this approach has been much better for me. Going with an intra carb and some clean carbs post workout. Ive been doing a refeed day but not deviating from my usual caloric intake. Also doing keto days as well on light weights and cardio days.