Difference in optimal macro's between natural and cycling?

tjfletcher195

Awards
I'm currently 6'0 175lbs 10% BF, and have been starting a lean bulk after cutting, and I am used to the BB.com nutrition sections way of calculating macros: 0.45g/lb BW for fats, ~0.8-1.0g/lb BW for protein, and the rest into carbs. My estimated maintenance is ~2500, and I plan on eating around ~200-300 over this amount to slowly bulk without too much fat gain. My current macro's to achieve this goal are around 2800 calories 180g protein 80g fat 300-350g carbs.

I am planning on starting an epistane cycle soon, and was wondering how my macro's should change while on cycle? Should I be bumping my protein intake to around 1.5g/lb BW (~250g protein) or would this be excessive? I understand protein synthesis greatly improves while on cycle, but how much of a difference should this make when calculating optimal macro's?

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently 6'0 175lbs 10% BF, and have been starting a lean bulk after cutting, and I am used to the BB.com nutrition sections way of calculating macros: 0.45g/lb BW for fats, ~0.8-1.0g/lb BW for protein, and the rest into carbs. My estimated maintenance is ~2500, and I plan on eating around ~200-300 over this amount to slowly bulk without too much fat gain. My current macro's to achieve this goal are around 2800 calories 180g protein 80g fat 300-350g carbs. I am planning on starting an epistane cycle soon, and was wondering how my macro's should change while on cycle? Should I be bumping my protein intake to around 1.5g/lb BW (~250g protein) or would this be excessive? I understand protein synthesis greatly improves while on cycle, but how much of a difference should this make when calculating optimal macro's?
I've always heard that protein should be at least 1.5-2/LB while on cycle. That may be bro science tho. Surely someone with more knowledge can educate us.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When on Cycle or Enhancing products P-Ratio and protein Turnover increases.

tjfletcher195

Awards
When on Cycle or Enhancing products P-Ratio and protein Turnover increases.
But do you have any estimate on how much? For example, if I'm eating ~1g/lb BW in protein while natural, how much would you recommend increasing it to while on cycle? And do it drop it back to ~1g/lb as soon as I'm off cycle (starting PCT)?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Try 1.25g for a few weeks, (3-4) try 1.5g for 3-4 weeks and see the difference when keeping kcals the same juat alter your Fat/Carb amount. Everyone is different. There is no X or Y amount every varies.