Any other apps besides MyFitnessPal?

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
I hope this is the right part of the forum to post this in.

I used to use MyFitnessPal to track macros. Recently my phone just won't let MyPal work. If I try to scan or search any food it freezes on me and brings me back to my phone's homepage(iPhone). Until I get a new phone, I can't get this fixed.

My question is, are there any other comparable apps out there that you guys recommend? I've been using MyMacros+, which makes inserting self weighed macros easy, but the scanning thing is atrocious(I'll scan frozen fruit and it will show a list of 100+ possible foods, including Oscar Meyer stuff).

Should I look for a new app or just wait for an upgrade ?

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
did you try just un and then re installing?

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
My Fitness Pal is very nice but they just REFUSE to let you add more than 6 meals in your daily plan. If you google it you will find MANY requests for more meals too...it needs AT LEAST 8 meals to work accurately for bodybuilding...You have to combine meals in order to get all your calories/macros into the app....it's a shame too because I love everything else about the app

Warthog13

Awards
There's an app called 'Lose It' that allows you to track meals. It will track macros, too, but you can't input macro targets. Also, it will only track Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks.

I don't think it is as good as MFP but worth a look.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
mfp is spot on with the macros

Clipper83

Clipper83

Awards
  • Established
did you try just un and then re installing?
I tried that a whole ago, didn't help. I'll try it again, but I honestly think it's my phone. My Instagram has the same problem

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Fitness Pal is very nice but they just REFUSE to let you add more than 6 meals in your daily plan. If you google it you will find MANY requests for more meals too...it needs AT LEAST 8 meals to work accurately for bodybuilding...You have to combine meals in order to get all your calories/macros into the app....it's a shame too because I love everything else about the app
Why not just add it in as a snack?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To the OP, I personally like MFP the best. If you cannot get it on your phone any way until you purchase a new one, give Fitday a try. Spark people also has one which seems to be somewhat popular. Do you have insurance on your phone? If other apps are doing it to, they should replace it. Or try a factory reset.

Uh, why does it need at least 8 meals to "work for bodybuilding"

mikespe

mikespe

Awards
To the OP, I personally like MFP the best. If you cannot get it on your phone any way until you purchase a new one, give Fitday a try. Spark people also has one which seems to be somewhat popular. Do you have insurance on your phone? If other apps are doing it to, they should replace it. Or try a factory reset.

Uh, why does it need at least 8 meals to "work for bodybuilding"
Because MOST bodybuilders I know eat at LEAST 7+ meals per day when getting ready for a show (including myself) and that goes up depending on protein shakes. PLUS for them to increase the meals would take 30 seconds of coding to accomplish (I know a bit about app development)...it is not that hard to do. With all the requests for more meals they have not even provided a reason WHY 6 is the number they are sticking with. The whole idea of apps like these is for people to keep an ACCURATE RECORD or their calories/macros. If you have to combine meals then when you come back to it...say for a show you are doing a year or 2 later...it won't show an accurate representation as to how you ate. To some this may seem petty but considering how easy it is to add a few more meals it's ridiculous that they won't do it.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
You could always try Lifesum, I have heard that's pretty good.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use lose it on my phone

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar