Diet plan. Summer cut.

cleveland1

cleveland1

Awards
*** Breakfast *** 7 am 2 eggs 2 slices Ezekiel bread 1 tablespoon butter 1/2 cup of oats 1 chobani yogurt 1.5 cup milk with ON 24 grams protein -- 26 gram fat -- 73 gram protein -- 78 gram carb *** Post workout *** 10 am ON 24 grams whey/ 12 grams casein protein/ 10 grams egg whites/ 1.5 cup milk +12 protein ON 5 grams creatine 2 tablespoons peanut butter 40 grams dextrose Ice- 6 cubes -- 16 gram fat -- 66 gram protein -- 69 gram carbs *** Snack 1 *** 11 am .25 cup almonds -- 13 gram fat -- 6 gram protein -- 6 gram carbs *** Lunch *** 1 pm 2 slices Ezekiel bread 5 slices of turkey 1 slice pepper jack cheese 1 tbs mustard -- 12 gram fat -- 33 gram protein -- 43 gram carbs *** Lunch 2*** 3 pm Chicken breast / Salmon / Steak Red skin potato 1 tablespoon butter Green beans/ Corn/ Asparagus -- 12-25 gram fat -- 28-31 gram protein -- 43 gram carbs *** Dinner 1*** 7 pm Chicken breast / Salmon / Steak Red skin potato/ Brown rice 1 tablespoon butter -- 15-25 gram fat -- 31-36 gram protein -- 28-39 gram carbs *** Snack *** 9 pm 1 piece of Ezekiel bread 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter 1 tablespoon Jelly -- 33 gram fat -- 18 gram protein -- 41 gram carbs *** Pre-Bed *** 10/11 pm 1.5 cup Skim Milk 1 scoop ON Casein -- 1 gram fat -- 35 gram protein -- 22 gram carbs Total 128-154 Grams Fat 290-298 Grams Protein 330-331 Grams Carbs

cleveland1

cleveland1

Awards
A little easier to read! I couldn't get it to post correct the first time. So here is my diet plan for this summer. I would like to stay pretty lean. I'm 195, 5'11", 24 years old. Any suggestions, critiques ?... Also some good suggestions for my dinner. I'm sure the same old same will get boring. ...

*** Breakfast *** 7 am

2 eggs
2 slices Ezekiel bread
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup of oats
1 chobani yogurt
1.5 cup milk with ON 24 grams protein

-- 26 gram fat
-- 73 gram protein
-- 78 gram carb

*** Post workout *** 10 am

ON 24 grams whey/ 12 grams casein protein/ 10 grams egg whites/ 1.5 cup milk +12 protein
ON 5 grams creatine
2 tablespoons peanut butter
40 grams dextrose
Ice- 6 cubes

-- 16 gram fat
-- 66 gram protein
-- 69 gram carbs

*** Snack 1 *** 11 am

.25 cup almonds

-- 13 gram fat
-- 6 gram protein
-- 6 gram carbs

*** Lunch *** 1 pm

2 slices Ezekiel bread
5 slices of turkey
1 slice pepper jack cheese
1 tbs mustard

-- 12 gram fat
-- 33 gram protein
-- 43 gram carbs

*** Lunch 2*** 3 pm

Chicken breast / Salmon / Steak
Red skin potato
1 tablespoon butter
Green beans/ Corn/ Asparagus

-- 12-25 gram fat
-- 28-31 gram protein
-- 43 gram carbs

*** Dinner 1*** 7 pm

Chicken breast / Salmon / Steak
Red skin potato/ Brown rice
1 tablespoon butter

-- 15-25 gram fat
-- 31-36 gram protein
-- 28-39 gram carbs

*** Snack *** 9 pm

1 piece of Ezekiel bread
2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon Jelly

-- 33 gram fat
-- 18 gram protein
-- 41 gram carbs

*** Pre-Bed *** 10/11 pm

1.5 cup Skim Milk
1 scoop ON Casein

-- 1 gram fat
-- 35 gram protein
-- 22 gram carbs

Total

128-154 Grams Fat
290-298 Grams Protein
330-331 Grams Carbs

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i personally do not see the need to eat 8 times a day that is more of a hassel and is a snack of .25 cups of almonds really doing much for you? Not so much, i would focus on eating larger meals (4-5) and spacing them a bit further apart which would be more optimal for muscle Protein synthesis as well:

a diet plan is simply that a diet plan, the food choices and sources you use should suit you well and what digests best for you. the main factor is
meeting protein intake
meeting fiber intake
meeting fat intake
also involving a bit of micronutrients

there really is 0 point in having a post-workout shake followed by almonds an hour later, you could do with a whole food meal if you prefer, i would also suggest getting more forms of omega 3's if possible.

some good reads:

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

Run it, see how the mirror/scale treats you for 2 weeks and adjust as needed.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Fat may be somewhat high at the 150 range..... have you calculated a tdee?

cleveland1

cleveland1

Awards
Thank you. The almonds were really just to stave off hunger until lunch time. My work and school really make it impossible to eat directly after I workout. The earliest chance I get to eat a meal is around 1-2. So I will prob move it to then. I would like to stick a lot with fish for my 2 late meals. I love fish and it's so easy to prepare.

I do record my TDEE. I have a basis watch and it tracks everything ! Lol. I expend anywhere from 2200-2800 cals a day.

I think it is worth noting that when I run this diet I will be running AAS as well.

cleveland1

cleveland1

Awards
I haven't had time to do a full run on calories of this plan. I recorded down the macros, and plan on going to myplate via live strong to get a good calc of calories.

cleveland1

cleveland1

Awards
Changed diet a lot. When I did my tdee I found out I needed to make some big cuts to fat and carbs. So here is the new outline.

Attachments

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
Do you guys work on certain cal deficit? Then certain percentages of fats n carbs n protein etc ?
Looks like a good diet tho

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't necessarily go off of what MyPlate suggests. Seems very basic, and we all have different metabolisms, types of activity levels, etc.

Unless there was something more there than what I saw.

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
If that's you in your avi there you really don't need to be asking for that much advice lol! ;)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dayum 300g of carbs to cut, must be nice. I'm slacking away at 120g in a calorie deficit. I do prefer higher fats than carbs for sure but that's just me

cleveland1

cleveland1

Awards
I did my tdee of of iifym. I used my plate to calculate the the caloies, fats, protein and carbs I will be getting from food sources. For some reason the second page photo I have will not post to here. Idk why. I'm going to try and copy and paste. I wish that was me in the avatar. I'm 24,195, 5'10" 12-15 % bf.( though I was 5'11", doctors been lying to me for years now)

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here we go. It kept saying something about a plug in being outdated. Here is the full diet plan.
Is your plan to eat at your tdee and then cardio to go in a deficit ? Any hormone use?

cleveland1

cleveland1

Awards
Is your plan to eat at your tdee and then cardio to go in a deficit ? Any hormone use?
My plan is to eat below my tdee. My tdee is 3037 to maintain. I chose to cut it by 15% leaving me with 2581 calories a day.

Right now with my body fat at 12-15 that leaves me with 23.4-29.3 lbs fat, and 165.7-171.6 lbs of lean mass

My goal by the end of August is to be 200 lbs at 8% body fat. (after pct). I'm sure I'll get up to 210-220 during cycle.

That leaves me with 12-18 lbs of lean mass to gain, 7.4-13.3 lbs of fat to lose

I plan on running Test Enathate 1-12, anavar 5-12, possible winny at the end12-15. Possible igf-1 during part of cycle. It all just depends on how my body starts shaping up.

Does this goal sound obtainable ? I would really like to start competing in 2015. I plan to go into the men's physique.

craigydar

craigydar

Awards
I read this
]Carb cycling is definitely the way to go...follow this guidline:

]Carb Cycle

[]Monday, Wednesday, and Friday [No carb days (eat all VERY lean meats like chicken breasts/tuna/turkey etc. and leafy greens...Protein[/URL] shakes should be made with water. Use skim milk on the other days days)

[]Tuesday and Saturday High carb days (150g)

[Thursday and Sunday Low carb days (50-75g)

**Do not count your leafy greens as carbs because things like Spinach and Broccoli are considered "free food" in which you should be eating on a regular**

Protien: same everyday: Body Weight x 1.2 to 1.5 (to get a high and clean Protein] intake, a ]Protein powder is NECESSARY along with an Amino Acids supplement to prevent muscle loss)

: Same everyday: 50g (albeit good fats - Essential Fatty Acids/Fatty Fish/Lean Cuts of Steak/Nuts/Seeds/Avacados etc.)

You MUST lift heavy and hard in the gym to keep the muscles you've got...concentrate on Compound Lifts (Squats/Deadlifts/Bench/Dips/Overhead Presses/Pullups/Rows). If you lift heavy enough, you will not have to do isolation exercises (i.e. curls/tris etc) because the compound lifts will recruit enough muscle fibers to set the foundation starting out. After a couple months it would be ok to supplement in some isos. On the High Carb days, coordinate it with lifting your weakest body part (my guess is your legs) as you will be highly anabolic.
Do cardio 2-3 times per week on any carb day, it won't matter until you get into single digit body fat where it tends to get stubborn.

Remember: LIFT HARD AND HEAVY AS HELL IN THE GYM and you CANNOT fail with this]

This looks interesting,

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
i would agree with what was said above. the fat does seem a little high. but if you're maintaining with that calorie intake more power to you. I'm about the same weight but i don't take in that much fat, i take in roughly half. if you're trying to get lean try cycling your carbs on rest days and lower your fat intake a little. just my opinion