How to Diet for preworkout energy minus drag energy

u393367

u393367

Awards
I've been eating 1 cup of oatmeal, plus a smoothie (with about a quarter of a pineapple, 2 bananas, few tbspns yogurt, 1 tbspn of peanut butter), and sometimes a boiled egg; all of this about 45-1 hour before actually working out. I've been taking c4 about 30 minutes preworkout. The problem I'm having is with a nice steady energy while I'm in there.. Sometimes I feel ok, but often I feel like I'm lagging in the strength department while lifting. Any tips on what to eat food wise preworkout for in the mornings would be helpful. I get up around 745, and I'm in the gym around 10. Thanks

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not the smartest with diet by any means, but I know what works for me, and with no scientific backing. What I do, usually 1.5-2 hours out I have a big meal. Sweet potato or pasta and some sort of meat. I feel better with a solid meal. Maybe 45 minutes out ill have a scoop of protein if I'm hungry and maybe something like dextrose. Gatorade is flavored with dextrose but you can also get straight dextrose powder for dirt cheap. I also sip on Gatorade through my workout. Some people lift completely fasted though and feel great, which does not work for me. Make sure you're well hydrated as well. If I work out in the morning then I make sure I'm well hydrated the night before. If I had your schedule I'd eat a big solid breakfast of whole foods, then something small and light Prewo.

u393367

u393367

Awards
Great thanks.. What does the dextrose do? I've never heard of it.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
eat whatever you feel gives you energy, personal I train 16+hours fasted and feel a lot more energized and focused this way

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
You are dragging that bad with eating that and with c4 sometimes I go a lot longer with just Hemavol Preworkout how's your hydration sometimes I drag more when I don't drink enough.