Insulin spike after workout...negative effects?

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
The idea of spiking insulin after a tough workout can't be completely foolproof, right? I feel I have been adding some puffiness in face/stomach specifically, and haven't noticed any spectacular gains. Anyone else recognize this?

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
The idea of spiking insulin after a tough workout can't be completely foolproof, right? I feel I have been adding some puffiness in face/stomach specifically, and haven't noticed any spectacular gains. Anyone else recognize this?
Your probly overdoing it bro.. Its not an open window to eat watever the phuck you want.. it slightly facilitates how nutrients are stored

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
This is how I spike my insulin and keep my cortisol levels low, pre workout= carbs+sugar+amino+creatine+gluta, I keep it spiked all through my workout by sipping on a similar mix except i make sure it either contains sucralose or maltodextrin and protein at least 5-15g (look up Xtend it contains everything essential for intra except protein),post workout right away I drink 30-50g protein shake,40-50g carbs,5g creatine,5g gluta,aminos

This is how i keep myself at peak during training, during the growth phase carbs are crucial to keep insulin levels spiked, about 1g of carbs per 5-8g of protein, hopes this helps

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
This is how I spike my insulin and keep my cortisol levels low, pre workout= carbs+sugar+amino+creatine+gluta, I keep it spiked all through my workout by sipping on a similar mix except i make sure it either contains sucralose or maltodextrin and protein at least 5-15g (look up Xtend it contains everything essential for intra except protein),post workout right away I drink 30-50g protein shake,40-50g carbs,5g creatine,5g gluta,aminos

This is how i keep myself at peak during training, during the growth phase carbs are crucial to keep insulin levels spiked, about 1g of carbs per 5-8g of protein, hopes this helps
Im familiar with Xtend, yet have not tried yet. Ill definitely look into it!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
no need to spike insulin pwo op

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
Everyone has different opinions on spiking insulin, give a try and i bet you'l feel more energetic,stronger, and will notice a difference

heyhuggy

heyhuggy

Awards
Everyone has different opinions on spiking insulin, give a try and i bet you'l feel more energetic,stronger, and will notice a difference
I haven't practiced this before three weeks ago. My question was the fact that I have noticed a little more body fat specifically around midsection and face.

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
watch your carbs and fat intake, too much carbs= high cortisol, I know what you mean, I just started with this and am still trying to measure the right amount