Best post workout meal in your opinion? - AnabolicMinds.com

Best post workout meal in your opinion?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Best post workout meal in your opinion?

Hello everybody.I was thinking what can be the best meal for post workout and i want to hear your opinion and youe explanation too.I am drinking 400 ml 1.5% fat milk with 1.5 scoup protein.And after 40 mins to 1 hour i am eating beef 120g with rice.I have heard that milk isnt good imidiately after work out but i didnt see any bad effect in my body.Also a psychics teacher who was a weigh lifter told me that is so good to drink milk after.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Milk has a fantastic ratio of carbs to protein. Double up on the milk and drop the flavored, powderized milk. Like wheat, milk is only bad if you can't tolerate it but get's demonized for the entire population.

What did you hear about milk specifically? The only real argument I can think of is the fat content slowing down absorption rates compared to isolated whey protein but if you are keeping a steady stream of aminos flowing through you anyways, this won't matter and technically a post workout shake or double down glass of milk is just another meal to be worked in to your schedule.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Milk is awesome. But chocolate milk is even better! Good carbs and protein.
    •   

4. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Milk has a fantastic ratio of carbs to protein. Double up on the milk and drop the flavored, powderized milk. Like wheat, milk is only bad if you can't tolerate it but get's demonized for the entire population.

What did you hear about milk specifically? The only real argument I can think of is the fat content slowing down absorption rates compared to isolated whey protein but if you are keeping a steady stream of aminos flowing through you anyways, this won't matter and technically a post workout shake or double down glass of milk is just another meal to be worked in to your schedule.
    I heard what u exactly told about fat content slowing down absorption.And guys chocolate milk isnt full of sugars
  5. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Re: Best post workout meal in your opinion?

Milk is fine. There is nothing inherently wrong with it. What your doing now sounds fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

If you have a blender, currently I am enjoying:
    200 mls water
    1.5 cups mixed frozen berries
    2 scoops whey
    1 teaspoon of barley grass
    4 tablespoons of greek yogurt
    1 scoop dextrose
    2 teaspoons of creatine

its packed with carbs, protein and micro nutrients

if i can i then follow up with somthing like chicken and rice 45 mins later.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocoLate View Post
    I heard what u exactly told about fat content slowing down absorption.And guys chocolate milk isnt full of sugars
    Don't worry about it.
  8. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    If you have a blender, currently I am enjoying:
    200 mls water
    1.5 cups mixed frozen berries
    2 scoops whey
    1 teaspoon of barley grass
    4 tablespoons of greek yogurt
    1 scoop dextrose
    2 teaspoons of creatine

its packed with carbs, protein and micro nutrients

if i can i then follow up with somthing like chicken and rice 45 mins later.

Tnx for this.I will try it.
    So milk is very good.

And guys you think beef is better in bulking mode instead of chicken?
  9. Pro Virili Parte
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

And guys you think beef is better in bulking mode instead of chicken?
    why limit yourself to just one or the other?
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

meal timing isnt as important as meeting your over all cal/macro consumption. but, i have a gainer shake and a rough 1000 cal meal afterwards. today was spaghetti with meatballs, few glasses of milk and cheesy bread
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  11. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    why limit yourself to just one or the other?
    I dont limit me Josh.But i was wondering what is better post workout.I eat beef and chicken too.I try my best Hvactech to eat all i need.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Answers

Chicken and beef are both whole, animal protein. Various proteins do contain varying levels of certain amino acids but choosing one for the other would have a negligable effect on your physique in this case. You may technically get more of an important amino out of beef or chicken but in a mirror 6 months down the road you wouldn't see much difference.

That said, the iron, b-vitamins, creatine and cholesterol in beef can provide added benefits to better oxygenated blood for work out capacity, energy, cell volumization and the substrate for testosterone production over and above chicken.
  13. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Chicken and beef are both whole, animal protein. Various proteins do contain varying levels of certain amino acids but choosing one for the other would have a negligable effect on your physique in this case. You may technically get more of an important amino out of beef or chicken but in a mirror 6 months down the road you wouldn't see much difference.

That said, the iron, b-vitamins, creatine and cholesterol in beef can provide added benefits to better oxygenated blood for work out capacity, energy, cell volumization and the substrate for testosterone production over and above chicken.
    That was what i wanted to learn. . Tnx dude.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Post work meals are different for me if I'm bulking or cutting
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  15. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Post work meals are different for me if I'm bulking or cutting
    I am in bulking mode this period.What you suggest for post work out meal of bulking period?
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I am in bulking mode this period.What you suggest for post work out meal of bulking period?
    2 tall glasses of milk with yummy natty peanut butter sandwiches at least 2 or 3...love dipping that ****

Another good one is toast some bread then put pizza sauce on one side n cheese n pepperoni on another put together n heat for 10 secs
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  17. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

2 tall glasses of milk with yummy natty peanut butter sandwiches at least 2 or 3...love dipping that ****

Another good one is toast some bread then put pizza sauce on one side n cheese n pepperoni on another put together n heat for 10 secs
    LOL?
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Hello everybody.I was thinking what can be the best meal for post workout and i want to hear your opinion and youe explanation too.I am drinking 400 ml 1.5% fat milk with 1.5 scoup protein.And after 40 mins to 1 hour i am eating beef 120g with rice.I have heard that milk isnt good imidiately after work out but i didnt see any bad effect in my body.Also a psychics teacher who was a weigh lifter told me that is so good to drink milk after.
    You took a class to be a psychic?? That's awesome! What am I thinking right now??
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    meal timing isnt as important as meeting your over all cal/macro consumption. but, i have a gainer shake and a rough 1000 cal meal afterwards. today was spaghetti with meatballs, few glasses of milk and cheesy bread
    Spaghetti with chicken sausage is one of my favorite meals post workout. Especially with the noodles I get from Costco just in the noodles alone is like 40 g of protein

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

An entire Kashi roasted vegetable pizza, topped with about 5 oz of grilled chicken. macros come out to about 1,000 calories.. 30 g fat, 90 g carbs & 104 g protein. My go-to post WO meal on legs day.
  21. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    You took a class to be a psychic?? That's awesome! What am I thinking right now??
    LOl i suppose wrong spelling. And i dont remeber how to spell it. I mean that this guy was teaching gymnastics.Or to say it more simple something like personal trainer. I am thinking or eating 100-200g beef with rice after training and before bed time chicken 200-300g.

Leg day is faking painfull but i love it.So o good post workout meal is needed.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post

Spaghetti with chicken sausage is one of my favorite meals post workout. Especially with the noodles I get from Costco just in the noodles alone is like 40 g of protein

- Valdez
    i use whole grain angel hair, 10g per 2oz. in theory i could eat 2 of my spaghetti plates and would have met my macro goals
    www.lgsciences.com
  23. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

i use whole grain angel hair, 10g per 2oz. in theory i could eat 2 of my spaghetti plates and would have met my macro goals
    U like angel hair?Nice dude. I can only eat them only when i am sick cause it's light for stomach.If we are refered to the same food .
    Macro goals you mean the calorie in take?Cause i think that this isnt exactly accurate.
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Answers

- Valdez
    What noodles have 40 G protein?
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

U like angel hair?Nice dude. I can only eat them only when i am sick cause it's light for stomach.If we are refered to the same food .
    Macro goals you mean the calorie in take?Cause i think that this isnt exactly accurate.
    lmao! let me break it down for you, todays spaghetti plate was 1400 cals, 87g pro, 59g fat, and 130c. now multiply that by 2 and add the 4 glasses of milk. well over 3000 cals
    www.lgsciences.com
  26. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

lmao! let me break it down for you, todays spaghetti plate was 1400 cals, 87g pro, 59g fat, and 130c. now multiply that by 2 and add the 4 glasses of milk. well over 3000 cals
    Wtf dude? That spaghetti is for Mr.Olympia.Nice.Keep it up.I try my best to eat much too.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Answers

LOL?
    I'm dead serious
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Wtf dude? That spaghetti is for Mr.Olympia.Nice.Keep it up.I try my best to eat much too.
    its actually not that "big" in terms of size, just high calorie.
    www.lgsciences.com
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  211 lbs.
    Answers

Anything as long as it has high carbs and protein.
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _________________
    Follow my first cycle! http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/210154-first-cycle-gonna.html
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Normally I eat 2 cups of 2% cottage cheese and mix it with sugar free jello mix, and if Im nearing the end of my bulk when my calories are up in the 4000-4500 range, Ill throw in a couple of poptarts with it because I love those things! Today is a cheat day after back and Im eat a pizza hut 10 dollar dinner box and a couple of scoops of whey for my post workout meal. Yum.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

^^^^^^^Dying for a cheat day!
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by druller655321 View Post
    ^^^^^^^Dying for a cheat day!
    Its been 3 weeks for me so Im due for it!
  33. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Xaxa who doesnt? I need a big burger nowww

I hope you enjoyed your pizza Tyman 14 .
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JoeySon View Post
    What noodles have 40 G protein?
    Oh I'm sorry I guess I should have explained that better. The whole wheat spaghetti I get from Costco is 8 g of pro per serving, with 9 servings per package, I have 5 servings which I'm pretty sure is somewhere around ten ounces, netting 40 g.

- Valdez
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

I'm dead serious
    Is it just me or are there a ton of new cats lately?

- Valdez
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Answers

all i hear is "meow'
    www.lgsciences.com
  37. New Member
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Is it just me or are there a ton of new cats lately?

- Valdez
    Relax your boobs.
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Answers

My boobs?! Lol!

- Valdez
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Reputation Reputation

Favorite post WO meals:

Chipotle Chicken Tacos with an orange I brought myself.

Panda Express 3 entree (firecracker chicken, string bean chicken, black pepper chicken) with Veg side with a banana.

6 eggs and 2 slices of real cheese and an apple.

If I feel flat or was a little low on energy at the gym I supplement with a handful of sweetarts, gummy bears or hot tamales.

Sorry to get so detailed, but I'm passionate about my diet regimen.
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Answers

My favorite after a leg w/o is the new Oikios frozen greek fat-free yogurt(chocolate)with some marshmellow on top washing it down with a whey shake.Or a bottle of low fat nesquik chocolate milk
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what in your opinion is best for pct in general?
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 10:46 AM
  2. Best otc PCT in your opinion?
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-21-2009, 09:22 AM
  3. Oatmeal- In your opinion best to worst
    By Kristofer68SS in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:14 AM
  4. Replies: 5