Best post workout meal in your opinion?

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
Hello everybody.I was thinking what can be the best meal for post workout and i want to hear your opinion and youe explanation too.I am drinking 400 ml 1.5% fat milk with 1.5 scoup protein.And after 40 mins to 1 hour i am eating beef 120g with rice.I have heard that milk isnt good imidiately after work out but i didnt see any bad effect in my body.Also a psychics teacher who was a weigh lifter told me that is so good to drink milk after.

TexasGuy

Awards
Milk has a fantastic ratio of carbs to protein. Double up on the milk and drop the flavored, powderized milk. Like wheat, milk is only bad if you can't tolerate it but get's demonized for the entire population.

What did you hear about milk specifically? The only real argument I can think of is the fat content slowing down absorption rates compared to isolated whey protein but if you are keeping a steady stream of aminos flowing through you anyways, this won't matter and technically a post workout shake or double down glass of milk is just another meal to be worked in to your schedule.

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Milk is awesome. But chocolate milk is even better! Good carbs and protein.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
Milk has a fantastic ratio of carbs to protein. Double up on the milk and drop the flavored, powderized milk. Like wheat, milk is only bad if you can't tolerate it but get's demonized for the entire population.

What did you hear about milk specifically? The only real argument I can think of is the fat content slowing down absorption rates compared to isolated whey protein but if you are keeping a steady stream of aminos flowing through you anyways, this won't matter and technically a post workout shake or double down glass of milk is just another meal to be worked in to your schedule.
I heard what u exactly told about fat content slowing down absorption.And guys chocolate milk isnt full of sugars

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Milk is fine. There is nothing inherently wrong with it. What your doing now sounds fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
If you have a blender, currently I am enjoying:
200 mls water
1.5 cups mixed frozen berries
2 scoops whey
1 teaspoon of barley grass
4 tablespoons of greek yogurt
1 scoop dextrose
2 teaspoons of creatine

its packed with carbs, protein and micro nutrients

if i can i then follow up with somthing like chicken and rice 45 mins later.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
If you have a blender, currently I am enjoying:
200 mls water
1.5 cups mixed frozen berries
2 scoops whey
1 teaspoon of barley grass
4 tablespoons of greek yogurt
1 scoop dextrose
2 teaspoons of creatine

its packed with carbs, protein and micro nutrients

if i can i then follow up with somthing like chicken and rice 45 mins later.

Tnx for this.I will try it.
So milk is very good.

And guys you think beef is better in bulking mode instead of chicken?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
meal timing isnt as important as meeting your over all cal/macro consumption. but, i have a gainer shake and a rough 1000 cal meal afterwards. today was spaghetti with meatballs, few glasses of milk and cheesy bread

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
why limit yourself to just one or the other?
I dont limit me Josh.But i was wondering what is better post workout.I eat beef and chicken too.I try my best Hvactech to eat all i need.

TexasGuy

Awards
Chicken and beef are both whole, animal protein. Various proteins do contain varying levels of certain amino acids but choosing one for the other would have a negligable effect on your physique in this case. You may technically get more of an important amino out of beef or chicken but in a mirror 6 months down the road you wouldn't see much difference.

That said, the iron, b-vitamins, creatine and cholesterol in beef can provide added benefits to better oxygenated blood for work out capacity, energy, cell volumization and the substrate for testosterone production over and above chicken.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
Chicken and beef are both whole, animal protein. Various proteins do contain varying levels of certain amino acids but choosing one for the other would have a negligable effect on your physique in this case. You may technically get more of an important amino out of beef or chicken but in a mirror 6 months down the road you wouldn't see much difference.

That said, the iron, b-vitamins, creatine and cholesterol in beef can provide added benefits to better oxygenated blood for work out capacity, energy, cell volumization and the substrate for testosterone production over and above chicken.
That was what i wanted to learn. :D . Tnx dude.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am in bulking mode this period.What you suggest for post work out meal of bulking period?
2 tall glasses of milk with yummy natty peanut butter sandwiches at least 2 or 3...love dipping that ****

Another good one is toast some bread then put pizza sauce on one side n cheese n pepperoni on another put together n heat for 10 secs

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
2 tall glasses of milk with yummy natty peanut butter sandwiches at least 2 or 3...love dipping that ****

Another good one is toast some bread then put pizza sauce on one side n cheese n pepperoni on another put together n heat for 10 secs
LOL?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Hello everybody.I was thinking what can be the best meal for post workout and i want to hear your opinion and youe explanation too.I am drinking 400 ml 1.5% fat milk with 1.5 scoup protein.And after 40 mins to 1 hour i am eating beef 120g with rice.I have heard that milk isnt good imidiately after work out but i didnt see any bad effect in my body.Also a psychics teacher who was a weigh lifter told me that is so good to drink milk after.
You took a class to be a psychic?? That's awesome! What am I thinking right now??

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
meal timing isnt as important as meeting your over all cal/macro consumption. but, i have a gainer shake and a rough 1000 cal meal afterwards. today was spaghetti with meatballs, few glasses of milk and cheesy bread
Spaghetti with chicken sausage is one of my favorite meals post workout. Especially with the noodles I get from Costco just in the noodles alone is like 40 g of protein

- Valdez

pow_wow41

pow_wow41

Awards
An entire Kashi roasted vegetable pizza, topped with about 5 oz of grilled chicken. macros come out to about 1,000 calories.. 30 g fat, 90 g carbs & 104 g protein. My go-to post WO meal on legs day.

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
You took a class to be a psychic?? That's awesome! What am I thinking right now??
LOl i suppose wrong spelling. And i dont remeber how to spell it. I mean that this guy was teaching gymnastics.Or to say it more simple something like personal trainer. I am thinking or eating 100-200g beef with rice after training and before bed time chicken 200-300g.

Leg day is faking painfull but i love it.So o good post workout meal is needed.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Spaghetti with chicken sausage is one of my favorite meals post workout. Especially with the noodles I get from Costco just in the noodles alone is like 40 g of protein

- Valdez
i use whole grain angel hair, 10g per 2oz. in theory i could eat 2 of my spaghetti plates and would have met my macro goals

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
i use whole grain angel hair, 10g per 2oz. in theory i could eat 2 of my spaghetti plates and would have met my macro goals
U like angel hair?Nice dude. I can only eat them only when i am sick cause it's light for stomach.If we are refered to the same food :D .
Macro goals you mean the calorie in take?Cause i think that this isnt exactly accurate.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards

- Valdez
What noodles have 40 G protein?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
U like angel hair?Nice dude. I can only eat them only when i am sick cause it's light for stomach.If we are refered to the same food :D .
Macro goals you mean the calorie in take?Cause i think that this isnt exactly accurate.
lmao! let me break it down for you, todays spaghetti plate was 1400 cals, 87g pro, 59g fat, and 130c. now multiply that by 2 and add the 4 glasses of milk. well over 3000 cals

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
lmao! let me break it down for you, todays spaghetti plate was 1400 cals, 87g pro, 59g fat, and 130c. now multiply that by 2 and add the 4 glasses of milk. well over 3000 cals
Wtf dude? That spaghetti is for Mr.Olympia.Nice.Keep it up.I try my best to eat much too.

xerbia

xerbia

Awards
Anything as long as it has high carbs and protein.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Normally I eat 2 cups of 2% cottage cheese and mix it with sugar free jello mix, and if Im nearing the end of my bulk when my calories are up in the 4000-4500 range, Ill throw in a couple of poptarts with it because I love those things! Today is a cheat day after back and Im eat a pizza hut 10 dollar dinner box and a couple of scoops of whey for my post workout meal. Yum.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What noodles have 40 G protein?
Oh I'm sorry I guess I should have explained that better. The whole wheat spaghetti I get from Costco is 8 g of pro per serving, with 9 servings per package, I have 5 servings which I'm pretty sure is somewhere around ten ounces, netting 40 g.

- Valdez

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My boobs?! Lol!

- Valdez

Lutztenways

Lutztenways

Awards
Favorite post WO meals:

Chipotle Chicken Tacos with an orange I brought myself.

Panda Express 3 entree (firecracker chicken, string bean chicken, black pepper chicken) with Veg side with a banana.

6 eggs and 2 slices of real cheese and an apple.

If I feel flat or was a little low on energy at the gym I supplement with a handful of sweetarts, gummy bears or hot tamales.

Sorry to get so detailed, but I'm passionate about my diet regimen.

67nova

Awards
My favorite after a leg w/o is the new Oikios frozen greek fat-free yogurt(chocolate)with some marshmellow on top washing it down with a whey shake.Or a bottle of low fat nesquik chocolate milk

MrChocoLate

MrChocoLate

Awards
Favorite post WO meals:

Chipotle Chicken Tacos with an orange I brought myself.

Panda Express 3 entree (firecracker chicken, string bean chicken, black pepper chicken) with Veg side with a banana.

6 eggs and 2 slices of real cheese and an apple.

If I feel flat or was a little low on energy at the gym I supplement with a handful of sweetarts, gummy bears or hot tamales.

Sorry to get so detailed, but I'm passionate about my diet regimen.
Details are appreciated especially when they are many.

PunishMuscle

Awards
Blend spinach, a serving of chia seeds, a banana, half cup blue berries, half cup black berries, a scoop of whey, and flax granola!!!! Works for me! Plenty of fiber natural sugars and enough protien to get you to a healthy meal.

SPLocal

Awards
I like to think my set-up is pretty "complete":
300g Sweet Potato
200-300g Broccoli
2-4 Whole Eggs
1 cup Egg Whites
100-200g Chicken Breast
~and tons of tomato, bellpepper, and spinach if its available, along with plenty of water

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
I go with a super high sugar drink (pineapple juice, sprite and orange syrup) followed by a 50 gram protein shake in about 8 oz of water....maeks my insulin levels spike, the whey gets absorbed quickly, and because the whole thing is liquid and less than 32 oz Im starving in an hour and get an eat a huge real meal and get the calories in. Ive used this combo to great effect.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like a bowl of oatmeal (amount depends on if I have a low, med, high carb day), microwave it until there is a little water left, and add some protein powder with cinnamon. Then I'll eat another smaller carb meal 45-90 minutes later.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I like a fist full of sour patch kids then a protein shake after I get all the crap outa my teeth. Then a half hour or so later a natty PB multi grain samich and a banana on simple get it done days.

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
Bcaa's within 5 mins post workout.

Whey 30 mins postwar lout

Banana, grapefruit, or orange juice with 5 egg omelet. 1-1 1/2 hours pwo

bj22

Awards
banana/whey/dextrose post-WO
1-1.5 hrs later, 3 servings of jasmine rice or organic redskin potatoes with some EV coconut oil + organic skinless/ boneless chicken thighs, lean grassfed beef or fish
a few hours later, as much rice/ corn based cereal as you can stomach (fruity pebbles work well here) + 1.5 cups organic milk with whey and casein + an egg or 2 with some extra egg whites fried in EV coconut oil

60% of the time, it works every time.