Severely addicted roids preworkout and diet pills.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
So I've been bodybuilding for about a year and a half, been in the supplement game for about that long also. Anyway, I'm really addicted to preworkout and diet pills to the point where I can't function without them. When I get up in the morning I have preworkout, in the afternoon I have a diet pill and before my workout I have a double serving of preworkout. Coffee does nothing for me and now neither do the supplements. If I go for more than 12 hours without stims I'm dizzy, groggy and a complete zombie no matter how much I sleep. However, when I do have caffeine I'll often get a headache. I took something with DMAA in it the other day and didn't feel a thing. I take 2 scoops of white flood before working out and I barely feel a thing! I seriously need to stop relying on this stuff but I can't go without it!! Help me!

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
Thats tough.. I would suggest dropping one thing at time... Slowly deload. Till ur down to nothing. Like the caffeine stop coffee for a week. Still take white flood pre work out. Then next no more then one scoop of white flood. After that white flood once or twice a week.. On u toughest days like squat/deadlift day. Then take a month or two with none. The first couple week will be a huge mental battle.. U gonna have in ur head u can't lift as much. It won't be easy cause people are creatures of habit.. N habits a never easy to break. I'm sure others will chime in with good suggestion. Most people on this forum are very helpful n knowledgeable.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I would look into secondary reasons for your tiredness

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Thats tough.. I would suggest dropping one thing at time... Slowly deload. Till ur down to nothing. Like the caffeine stop coffee for a week. Still take white flood pre work out. Then next no more then one scoop of white flood. After that white flood once or twice a week.. On u toughest days like squat/deadlift day. Then take a month or two with none. The first couple week will be a huge mental battle.. U gonna have in ur head u can't lift as much. It won't be easy cause people are creatures of habit.. N habits a never easy to break. I'm sure others will chime in with good suggestion. Most people on this forum are very helpful n knowledgeable.
I'm thinking since I'm gonna take a week off from lifting anyway, maybe ill start during that time with only 1 scoop of preworkout just to get up in the morning then maybe 1 scoop before doing cardio and abs. Then the next week when I go back to lifting, just 1 scoop preworkout and nothing in the morning. Then after that switch to hemavol for a month before slowly starting the stims again at a low dose only for preworkout and for no other reason. Or maybe I'll try some test boosters or stim free focus supps.

Kingjake

Kingjake

Awards
I'm thinking since I'm gonna take a week off from lifting anyway, maybe ill start during that time with only 1 scoop of preworkout just to get up in the morning then maybe 1 scoop before doing cardio and abs. Then the next week when I go back to lifting, just 1 scoop preworkout and nothing in the morning. Then after that switch to hemavol for a month before slowly starting the stims again at a low dose only for preworkout and for no other reason. Or maybe I'll try some test boosters or stim free focus supps.
Good idea... Taking time off pre workout supps is always good. Sucks the first couple lifts just gotta soldier thru the first week off.. Then when u reintroduce it feels great. I try to stay with one scoop of whatever pre I'm takin as long as possible n never exceed two.. When my tub is out I take a like a month n a half from the supp. Maybe a cup of black coffee if I'm feeling real beat down before a lift. But like I said the first week without it is just a mental battle.

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Good idea... Taking time off pre workout supps is always good. Sucks the first couple lifts just gotta soldier thru the first week off.. Then when u reintroduce it feels great. I try to stay with one scoop of whatever pre I'm takin as long as possible n never exceed two.. When my tub is out I take a like a month n a half from the supp. Maybe a cup of black coffee if I'm feeling real beat down before a lift. But like I said the first week without it is just a mental battle.
Thing is I'm actually addicted to them. Like I can't even get up in the morning without a big scoop of preworkout! I can't even feel preworkout and diet pills anymore, talking them just brings me back to normal, I never get any sort of a stimulant buzz off them even if they have the 1,3 DMAA

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Should look into revamp and taking a break from them... That is absolutely not good for your receptors.

67nova

Awards
Alot of it is a routine,but i know where your coming from.You cant go cold turkey as you'll have withdrawl,but you "have"to start cutting down on them.

I'd drop the diet pill first and go with 1 scoop pre,and a cup of coffee then keep cutting til no caffine is being comsumed.
Hang in there for a week and start back up with self-control.1scoop pre if you need more for your w/o then your workout is to much for you.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
You may have overstimulated your adrenals for far too long which is why you cant feel any effects from the stims. I would suggest a 3 a day multi-vitamin like opti-men and a gallon of water regiment for a while while you cut back on stims. You sound pretty bad man.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Alot of it is a routine,but i know where your coming from.You cant go cold turkey as you'll have withdrawl,but you "have"to start cutting down on them.

I'd drop the diet pill first and go with 1 scoop pre,and a cup of coffee then keep cutting til no caffine is being comsumed.
Hang in there for a week and start back up with self-control.1scoop pre if you need more for your w/o then your workout is to much for you.
BIG BIG QFE here.

I quit coffee cold turkey as a pretty much new year resolution to downregulate (I was at about 40oz - 50oz of coffee a day or more) and all that gave me was a sweet Anxiety disorder.

Slow and steady decline until you stop utilizing them, get something to help you regulate, see a doctor to make sure they are not shot and hopefully thing will work out.

TexasGuy

Awards
Adding to the consensus, you've burned out your adrenal receptors which is why you don't get a rise from stimulants and feel tired all the time.

As other posters have mentioned, cut back gradually. Either eliminate one source of stims at a time, dropping another after a week or so and so on or cut all of them back a little at a time simultaneously. Remember that all the caffeine in the world won't make you deadlift the moon. At best, you'll get a few extra pounds on top of a set.

Maybe even seek help from a substance abuse counselor. You may not be hooked on meth or some **** but you do have an addiction and working with someone to get to the root of it can only be helpful.

I'm guessing it's to rush gains though, in which case you can't, not without steroids but with your track record I'd leave them alone altogether. Sounds like it would be a quick trip to a limp dick, small nuts and tits for you.

Try creatine, CoQ10 and B-Vitamins. You won't feel a headrush but these supps actually increase your lifting capacity through various pathways, it's not just an adrenal flood. After a week or two weight will start to feel much lighter, you will be able to crank out more reps and sets than without and you won't feel like a fried egg. Plus they offer health benefits over and above gym performance where what you are doing now can only be unhealthy.

Before you take anything read the labels, understand what the ingredients are and make an intelligent choice as to whether or not you should use it at all, stack it with current supps or just leave it be. Marketing hype is great but you need to know what they are pushing and how it fits you, if at all. Don't buy the sizzle without investigating the steak.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i would stop being a sally and double down on all your stims..
:nutkick:

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Just took two servings of stims today down from my 4-5 servings...will do the same tomorrow and Wednesday, may go down to 1 serving by Thursday, do that for the weekend, then stop cold turkey next week and just take purple wraath, drink a gallon and a half of water with lemon juice and sit in the sauna as much as I can. Wired on Yohimbine right now, probably not the wisest choice

skratch

Awards
Try coming off a 8 month phentermine run,coming off your sups is easy,just take a caffeine pill and break it up into 4 and take a 1/4 every time your start to get headaches.You can be clean in less then 2 weeks bro and Im telling you you are on the same path I was and then went to the dark side and started taking phentermine as a pre workout.The sad part is I took a pill the other day when Iv been 2 months off finally and Im hooked again

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Jesus!! Well I'm glad I made the decision to go stim free for a while! Literally the only thing that does anything at all for me is Yohimbine and only when stacked with caffeine. Caffeine plain or with 1,3 Dimeth does absolutely nothing and I literally can't even feel them! And white flood, a supposedly strong preworkout, does nothing even at 2 scoops!!