Why YOU are ADDICTED to CRAPPY FOODS

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This guy has a goofy voice but he explains this topic well.

All the big food companies out there spend millions of dollars every year to figure out the perfect amount of salt, sugar, fat, and flavor additives to put in their products to create a taste so perfect, that it gives you the craving for more.

[video]https://youtu.be/27vLRkV8o3Q[/video]

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bacon just has it all so naturally. :)

That said, Corn Flakes... and they taste like what without the salt? That was eye opening.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why this guy gotta target my taters?
Hahahaha. I think we are all guilty of eating too many potato chips at some point in time. Fortunately, I rarely have them now but I did actually read the book "Salt, Sugar, Fat" and what you learn about the food industry is insane.

Hate to say it but capitalism is definitely one of the leading causes of obesity.

RiseAbove

RiseAbove

Awards
  • First Up Vote
This is sad. We all, including myself, need to make better choices of what we feed ourselves. Musclemaker thanks for posting and educating.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This guy has a goofy voice but he explains this topic well.

All the big food companies out there spend millions of dollars every year to figure out the perfect amount of salt, sugar, fat, and flavor additives to put in their products to create a taste so perfect, that it gives you the craving for more.

[video]https://youtu.be/27vLRkV8o3Q[/video]
MTV?

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Moral of the story fellas is to eat real whole foods. Not some packaged crap from kroger or general mills.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Moral of the story fellas is to eat real whole foods. Not some packaged crap from kroger or general mills.
What about organic eggs & organic ground beef, is this for real or a scam.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This isn’t new, chain restaurants have been doing this for a long time, and I’m not just talking about the fast food chains.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Another thing is how some of these restaurants get their foods. Anybody every watch the video on how McDonald’s gets its potatoes for their french fries?

Rockzilla

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is bull****, nothin wrong with salt or sugar. Japanese people eat enourmous amounts of it in there convenience store meals, miso soups, ramen. They live longer than anyone.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This is bull****, nothin wrong with salt or sugar. Japanese people eat enourmous amounts of it in there convenience store meals, miso soups, ramen. They live longer than anyone.
I tend to agree with this and I haven't watched the video, but in saying that, places spend millions per year on ensuring their food is as addictive as possible. This means everything from smells, combinations of salt, sugar and fat, and the general experience etc.

Those 3 in combination make both over consumption and regular consumption a recipe for disaster

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The difference is health care.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They are literally dying at their desks from overwork. They have a forest where people wander into in order to commit suicide by starvation. One of their delicacies is fugu or poisonous fish sashimi. I think they have a few issues to work out... we have White Castle Sliders. Suicide by mini-burger.

To your point: They do have better healthcare, and found this which makes good sense. It's not the availability of those items of sugar; salt, and fat, but rather a good approach to portions, and fitness as depicted in this quick quote thanks to Dr. Google.

"It's just the next stage in life," Kuroiwa says. As it turns out, it's a very long life. A healthy diet, regular physical activity, extended work years and aggressive government intervention have helped the Nagano region produce the longest life expectancy in Japan, which in turn is the longest in the world."

This validates your words, but may not explain the how.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
While I agree that companies do everything within their power to increase the likely hood consumers will eat as much of their food as possible I actually have no issue with it as long as everything in the product is on the label. Companies can make food as addicting as possible but they don't drive you to the grocery store with a gun to your head and force you to buy the product. They do not take you through the drive through and they don't pick up the phone and order your pizza. Plain and simple our country, and many parts of the world have a major issue with PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. If anything is not perfect or something bad happens we have to figure out who the bad guys are and blame them.

If someone thought all this **** food was actually good for them they are idiots. Food companies exist to sell products period. This is akin to the public complaining about a TV show being too enjoyable and hence they sit on their ass to much watching it leading to poor health due to being sedentary, please.

Mcdonalds offers bottled water and apple slices and something tells me they still sell a few more fries and cokes lol.

Make your choices people and own them, period.

NONE OF THIS IS DIRECTED TO POSTERS IN THIS THREAD MORE A RANT ABOUT THE GENERAL PUBLIC.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Your gut also dictates what you crave. Ever since I have stopped eating all the carbs and focused on the Ketogenics, my cravings for annoying sugar related have stopped. I feel really great, and plan on carb cycling from here forward with renewed limitations blocking refined foods.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about organic eggs & organic ground beef, is this for real or a scam.
That's real food. When I say whole foods I mean stuff that has real ingredients or there are no additional ingredients. Only ingredients in eggs is eggs.

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not saying there is anything wrong with salt, sugar, or fat. It is about how food companies deliberately engineered foods in ways that they surpass the reward properties of traditional foods which conditions people to crave more than they need.

There's a reason why people don't binge eat on apples but are able to do so with junk food.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not saying there is anything wrong have salt, sugar, or fat. It is about how food companies deliberately engineered foods in way that they surpass the reward properties of traditional foods which conditions people to crave more than they need.

There's a reason why people don't binge eat on apples but are able to do so with junk food.
I like the "if you make it you can eat it." When I want something sweet like a cookie bar I go in the kitchen and bake them from scratch with no recipe and always a couple scoops of protein. It keeps the binging reduced and the additives in my "junk food" pretty basic.

Simply not buying crap to keep at home really helps too, you can't binge on what you don't have. I used to have the strength to resist junk right in front of me, now if it is there I will eat half a sheet cake in the course of a day.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I like the "if you make it you can eat it." When I want something sweet like a cookie bar I go in the kitchen and bake them from scratch with no recipe and always a couple scoops of protein. It keeps the binging reduced and the additives in my "junk food" pretty basic.

Simply not buying crap to keep at home really helps too, you can't binge on what you don't have. I used to have the strength to resist junk right in front of me, now if it is there I will eat half a sheet cake in the course of a day.
I agree with this. The foods out there today are so loaded with garbage it becomes hard to eat healthy out. We all need to make better choices.

f4iguy

f4iguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I eat moderately low carb most of the time. My biggest issue was late night sugar cravings. I killed those cravingings with flavored EAA's, apples, and peanut butter. The apple and peanut butter with a flavored amino drink fill me up and crush my sugar craving. With no other changes I've lost 10 pounds in a month. That binge before bed on chips and other sugary items was hard to break but flavored amino's made it easy!

musclemaker

musclemaker

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I eat moderately low carb most of the time. My biggest issue was late night sugar cravings. I killed those cravingings with flavored EAA's, apples, and peanut butter. The apple and peanut butter with a flavored amino drink fill me up and crush my sugar craving. With no other changes I've lost 10 pounds in a month. That binge before bed on chips and other sugary items was hard to break but flavored amino's made it easy!
Sugar is the biggest savage of them all.

Arguably the most addictive drug and most of us have been on it since childhood.