Anyone use a Fruit/Veggie Juicer?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd like to get one but I want one that is low maintenance/low cleaning time and genrally speaking NO BS!

It seesm like these are a total PAIN to clean, etc

Anyone have any insight to offer?

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Omega Vert
Or
Omega 3000

Best purchase I have made in a looking time.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've ALWAYS wanted to get a quality juicer, but never have. I'm horrible about getting fruits and veggies in my diet and I think this may be a way for me to get more and choke them down!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have no issues getting my veggie needs - but - I cook the crap out of them. LOL

RAW is where it's at for health, hence the question (and I HATE raw veggies) :)

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Yea man u got the idea. Honestly some times mix up some of that onion dip and just eat huge amounts of raw veggies with it.. its kinda of a addiction lol. But I would recommend the brevel not sure if I spelled it right. But its prolly the easiest one to clean and quality built. Cost me round 150 I think.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks!

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I have no issues getting my veggie needs - but - I cook the crap out of them. LOL

LOL @ I cook the crap out of them. I hear ya bro. Same here

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
you can make some awesome veggie drinks with a good juicer. Allows you to get a huge amount of organ cleansing goodness into your system in one sitting without the huge amounts of fiber involved in eating the veggies whole (cooked or not).

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
you can make some awesome veggie drinks with a good juicer. Allows you to get a huge amount of organ cleansing goodness into your system in one sitting without the huge amounts of fiber involved in eating the veggies whole (cooked or not).
whats wrong with fiber though?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed

I want the fiber

Is there one that doesn't removed the fiber/skin

That defeats the whole purpose

whats wrong with fiber though?

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
To keep the fiber you would want to use a blender instead which will not work for everything. Or you could make your juice and then add some powdered fiber in that would cost you hardly anything. The point of a juicer is not to get fiber anyways it's to get the other nutritional value of the fruits and veggies. You could already be getting enough fiber in other parts of your diet as well if you eat whole grain, beans, etc.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
But the skin + seeds etc is where many the health constituents come from. Discarding them seems counterintuitive.

So, what type of blender has the high powdered capacity to juice both the interior And exterior parts of a fruit including the seeds?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a juicer and rarely use it.

If you wanna up your raw veggie intake.. Try broccoli dipped in a italian vinaigrette or in some guacamole.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Omega series juicers.

Also - I have a Ninja blender. It can emolsify nearly anything essentially liquify !!!

houstontexas

Awards
  • Established
Idk the answer to that Whacked. I saw the Ninja blender doing fruit smoothies on an infomercial. I still don't think it would be able to handle any and every fruit/veggie that a juicer could handle.
I own a juicer and while it was cool for a while I rarely use it anymore. I eat my veggies mixed with my chicken or beef usually and eat my fruits in their original state. It's much easier to me as I like them that way.
Hell I'll sell you my Breville juicer for $90 shipped. I paid $110 shipped a few months ago and have used it like 10 times lol.

TryHard23

TryHard23

Awards
Yeah I just bust out the dill dip for my veggies... It's a more natural kind. So I'm only taking the hit with fat cals which I've got more than enough room for. works out. Dip the entire head of the broccoli/cauliflower in. Haha. Cut it into bite sizes.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does it liquify hard seeds and skins etc....?

Omega series juicers.

Also - I have a Ninja blender. It can emolsify nearly anything essentially liquify !!!

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
The Omega no. Maybe the ninja but it depends on the size of the seeds.
The skin gets juiced no problem by both.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
jack lallane pro, love mine and not to hard to clean at all

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does it keep the seeds+skins or separate+discard these?

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
seperates, all juicers do, thats the point

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good point. I need a high powered blender/processor. I want to retain all the goodies. Too much value LOST with traditional juicing IMO.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
the good thing about juicing is that you drink it and its like doing a line of coke. all the phytonutrients etc are instantly absorbed and dont have to go through the digestion process. look at jack lallanne, guy swam across new york harbor pulling a boat when he was 75, wtf. you can also save the pulp, its discarded in the back into a canister, lots of recipes to use the pulp. i never do though.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, he was a stud. But-he didn't start juicing until he was 70. Lol

look at jack lallanne, guy swam across new york harbor pulling a boat when he was 75, wtf.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
No argument needed here. If you get anything besides a vitamix or blendtec, you are making a HUGE mistake. Trust me. I had a breville...used it once. Got a vitamix and I use it EVERYDAY. I eat a bag of baby spinach with kale, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries blended together every night. I eat more greens than a rabbit. I feel 100x better and it keeps your body very alkaline, which is what you want if you are trying to build muscle. Ask any questions about the vitamix and I will be more than happy to answer. Its the best investment i have made in 5yrs. Its that good

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks - First question: Does it liquify AND keep all the seeds and skin in fruits (so that they are included in the drink)?

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Vitamix are super. Ninja is a step below but saves $$$. Vitamix or Blentech are top of the line and the $$ tag comes along with it.
Both are blenders, not juicers so all the goods are kept together. Juicers on the other hand, like the Omega will separate pulp (fibrous material) from the juice. There is a place for both depending on what you are making.

...and staying Alkaline is a huge benefit for athletes. It fights lactic acid build up for example, as well as inflammation. Many greens in high concentration are ask great for organ cleansing especially the liver.

kimmy gibler

kimmy gibler

Awards
I did a bit of research on juicers over the months and finally pulled the trigger on an Omega J8005!!! I've had it for 2 weeks and love the thing. It makes some quality juice. Cleaning it takes less then 90 seconds. I highly suggest looking into one.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Elaborate please - what have you made? Have your drinks including liquifying anything cool like an avocado seed ? :D

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

dingling

Awards
I have this juicer:
http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJE510XL-900-Watt-Variable-Speed-Extractor/dp/B000QBFFU8/ref=sr_1_13?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1334198399&sr=1-13
Love it. I use it just about everyday. Cleanup is a minimal pain; I've never had any other type, and I don't like doing dishes so I'm not a good source. But it takes 2 minutes to clean. I get over it. Your grocery bill WILL increase, especially if you are using organic produce. But, you will notice a change in your health after doing it a while.

As for blenders, I'm already mentally sold on the Vitamix. I still can't justify it at this point... It is initially expensive, but it comes with something like a 7 year warranty. The thing will last forever, and it makes excellent margaritas to boot! This will ensure you get all the fibers from skins, which you eliminate while using a juicer.

Pros and cons for each...

jev871

jev871

Awards
No argument needed here. If you get anything besides a vitamix or blendtec, you are making a HUGE mistake. Trust me. I had a breville...used it once. Got a vitamix and I use it EVERYDAY. I eat a bag of baby spinach with kale, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries blended together every night. I eat more greens than a rabbit. I feel 100x better and it keeps your body very alkaline, which is what you want if you are trying to build muscle. Ask any questions about the vitamix and I will be more than happy to answer. Its the best investment i have made in 5yrs. Its that good
I just got a vitamix 5200 and its awesome..

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks fellas.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

On the money, Correct, conventional cooking kills the enzymes....

Raw or cooked under 100 degrees is the way to go..

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the good thing about juicing is that you drink it and its like doing a line of coke. all the phytonutrients etc are instantly absorbed and dont have to go through the digestion process. look at jack lallanne, guy swam across new york harbor pulling a boat when he was 75, wtf. you can also save the pulp, its discarded in the back into a canister, lots of recipes to use the pulp. i never do though.

you also concentrate all the sugars so becareful what you juice...

The sugar of three apples to make a cup of apple juice is up there...

JRC

JRC

Awards
X100000. Got my vitamix a few months ago and love it. No more buying crappy blenders every 1-2 years from blown motors. Also buy at Costco and you get basically a lifetime warrenty.

Originate

Awards
I haven't read this entire post so excuse me if it's been said, but something important to keep in mind with juicing is that without the fiber, whatever sugar that is in there will hit you faster and possibly lead to an insulin spike.
I recommend a vita mix, they are expensive but very nice machines. What I hate about juicers/ blenders is the damn noise they make, it's drives me crazy and my cats even more so

Originate

Awards
Also, there are very different kinda of juicers , the centrifugal for fruits and the slower mascerating? Type for veggies and wheat grass. I believe you can juice fruit with the slower type but it is t a good idea to try greens with the centrifugal

Originate

Awards
But the skin + seeds etc is where many the health constituents come from. Discarding them seems counterintuitive.

So, what type of blender has the high powdered capacity to juice both the interior And exterior parts of a fruit including the seeds?
Vitamix

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Ill just say this. A vitamix with absolutely pulverize anything you put into it. It will be silky smooth to drink and you will be astonished how there are zero clumps, bits, pieces in your drink. I love it and use it everyday. Last night for instance i made the following smoothie.

1/2 bag of organic baby spinach
couple handfuls of organic kale
8 frozen strawberries
2 handfuls of frozen blackberries/blueberries/raspberries
water/ almond milk

Tasted like a fruit smoothie. Unreal good. What people dont realize is how easy the spinach/kale is to mask the flavor. Use strawberries, blueberries, blackberries (all very low carb/sugar), and you have a fantastic low carb/sugar drink.

Lots of times i throw in a scoop of casein, and now you have a complete meal. Think about it. In your drink you now have this following

1 scoop protein powder
1/2 bag baby spinach
handfulls of kale
handfuls of strawberries, blackberries, blueberries
almond milk/ water

Fellas, you cant beat that with a stick. I dont care who you are.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Now thats what Im talking about! Healthy LOW sugar (sort of) shakes w/ all the goodies in it (seeds, skins, etc)!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What MODEL Vitamix you got bro. This $500 crap is non-sense.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Got the vitamix 5200. Go to vitamix dot com. Mine was like $379 i believe. I got to pay in 3 payments. I paid $100 upfront. They shipped it to me, then they billed me 2 more times . I got the whole package. Big 64oz BPA free container, cookbook, dvd, etc. Unreal deal.

JRC

JRC

Awards
Costco fellas. $399 brand spankin new and basically lifetime warrenty lol. They also sell the smaller blender container for much less than the vitamix website.

Or maybe find it used on Craigslist? One thing for sure makes eating raw veggies a hell of a lot easier.

jev871

jev871

Awards
Costco fellas. $399 brand spankin new and basically lifetime warrenty lol. They also sell the smaller blender container for much less than the vitamix website.
Or maybe find it used on Craigslist? One thing for sure makes eating raw veggies a hell of a lot easier.
I got the 5200 at costco for 394... Can't beat that price, and I am in love with the thing

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
I dont think Costco always sells the vitamix. Maybe im mistaken, but they vitamix runs designated "road shows". So you have to check vitamix website to see where they are going to be. When they do the road show, you can get some great deals. I know Blendtec and vitamix both do road shows at Costco. I prefer the Vitamix over the Blendtec because you have more control over the blending process

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=28503&eCat=bc%7C103%7C28485%7C28503&whse=bc&topnav=&hierPath=103*28485*28503*&lang=en-US

:)

I dont think Costco always sells the vitamix. Maybe im mistaken, but they vitamix runs designated "road shows". So you have to check vitamix website to see where they are going to be. When they do the road show, you can get some great deals. I know Blendtec and vitamix both do road shows at Costco. I prefer the Vitamix over the Blendtec because you have more control over the blending process