Thinking of cutting back on carbs to lower fat.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Thinking of cutting back on carbs to lower fat.


    Good idea? Can I get away with not eatting carbs during the week or do I need some?


  2. alot of people have success on keto, get most carbs from veggies and such...carbs are not essential imo
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com
    •   
       


  3. You could easily cut the starchy carbs. I wouldn't cut ALL carbs, though.

  4. You could try carb cycling

  5. Carb cycling is def. the best way to do it. You don't want to just "go without" all of a sudden. Your body won't respond well to that at all.
    •   
       


  6. Anyone have any references I can go by? I have never carb cycled before. I have read the anabolic diet, but never done it.

  7. I'm almost 260 and I would like to be about 225. I already walk 3 miles 3 times a week. and train 4 times a week.

  8. PSMF for 3 weeks and then CKD
    PESCIENCE.COM

    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  9. do HIIT if you can. burns fat and retains muscle

  10. Anyone got any good websites or links? I was looking at the anabolic diet, but Idk anyone who has tried it.

  11. Bodybuilding.com has a lot of articles on fat loss. Simplyshredded.com also has some. Just browse around there's looks out there.

  12. i always cut bread and pasta when cutting. +1000 for the 790 avatar season 2 of lexx was clutch

  13. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD
    I'm almost 260 and I would like to be about 225. I already walk 3 miles 3 times a week. and train 4 times a week.
    Try the 666 method, it's amazing for Cutting down and not boring and long like walking 5 miles. 6 Sprints, 6 Days a Week, For 6 Weeks. Push yourself in the sprints, being your size try and at least hit 50 yards per sprint, walk back time is your recovery time. You know what you can sprint so judge yourself on how bad you want to lose weight. Remember it's 6 Sprints 6 days a week for 6 weeks. After your daily workout routine of course!
    Follow me on instaGram @reedskin

  14. There are several sources outlining carb cycling .. BB.com is a good source ..

    I am currently cycling and it seems to be working .. right now my carbs are limited to bowl of oats daily, grapefruit daily and one medium sweet potato per week .. on a high carb day I add in a slice of Ezekial bread and dextrose after my workout .. rest of my diet is filled with meat and green veggies .. I try for an average daily carb intake around 100g .. total daily calories its around 2400 .. I stick to the 100/day for a week or so then a day at 150 then 200 then 50 .. then back to 100 ...

    BF has been steadily going down and I feel good .. got several friends that have done no carb diets and they were miserable ..

    6 days a week, hour of cardio and 5 days of weight training ..

  15. Quote Originally Posted by ReedSkin View Post
    Try the 666 method, it's amazing for Cutting down and not boring and long like walking 5 miles. 6 Sprints, 6 Days a Week, For 6 Weeks. Push yourself in the sprints, being your size try and at least hit 50 yards per sprint, walk back time is your recovery time. You know what you can sprint so judge yourself on how bad you want to lose weight. Remember it's 6 Sprints 6 days a week for 6 weeks. After your daily workout routine of course!
    Can you do that and strength train?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD
    Can you do that and strength train?
    Yes you can, it's not an excessive cardio workout, such as running 3 miles your body will begin to burn muscle tissue. It's basically a football drill, which are the best kind of workouts IMO for burning fat, gaining strength, and getting cardio in. You could look on google for "football running drills" or something similar and use them. Remember to walk back at medium pace for rest between sprints, but don't be lazy, you know how your body is and how you run use your own judgement.
    Follow me on instaGram @reedskin

  17. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    Can you do that and strength train?
    Work your way up if you decide to do that. Start by doing 6 sprints 3 times a week for 2 weeks, then 4 times a week, then 5 or 6. Also, do some good track warm ups before sprinting: mobility and running drills to help avoid injuries and improve technique.

    Even better for conditioning and dropping fat are shuttle runs. Such as 120 yard shuttles (0 to the 30 yard line and back twice).


    Br

  18. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Work your way up if you decide to do that. Start by doing 6 sprints 3 times a week for 2 weeks, then 4 times a week, then 5 or 6. Also, do some good track warm ups before sprinting: mobility and running drills to help avoid injuries and improve technique.

    Even better for conditioning and dropping fat are shuttle runs. Such as 120 yard shuttles (0 to the 30 yard line and back twice).


    Br
    Yeah, I've been having a lot of pain in my shins while running recently. As stated multiple times I have flat feet.

  19. Make sure you have the right footwear. Go to a good running store and they will video tape your running mechanics and basically 'prescribe' a running sneaker.

  20. I would suggest looking into the Zone or Paleo. Below are a couple links on nutrition and the Zone...

    Fuel Talk Pt 1...Though I'd Share This

    ZONE Meal of the Week Pt 1
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222

  21. Quote Originally Posted by ZiR RED View Post
    Make sure you have the right footwear. Go to a good running store and they will video tape your running mechanics and basically 'prescribe' a running sneaker.
    I did that, but the pain was there before the new shoes, now it's less painful. It's kind of an on and off thing. I have Asics Gel foundation 10 with powerstep maxx insoles.

  22. Be sure and stretch your shins by extending your toes and movin them around, I have a friend who has shin splints he has to stretch his shins a good bit before running or he will be crying. I'm sure you have heard it a thousand times before but it really helps, also walking on an incline seems to help, if you dont overdue it
    Follow me on instaGram @reedskin

  23. I also have sleep apnea, which is another reason I want to loose fat %.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
    i always cut bread and pasta when cutting. +1000 for the 790 avatar season 2 of lexx was clutch
    didnt see this till now lol. Yeah Lexx was a pretty good show. Not to mention Zev and Xev were both gorgeous.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by DerickVonD View Post
    didnt see this till now lol. Yeah Lexx was a pretty good show. Not to mention Zev and Xev were both gorgeous.
    oh the good old days. That was a long time ago i feel old now
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Just got back from Emergency room for lower back pain
    By DOMOkun in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 11:19 AM
  2. Thinking Of Bringing M1P Back Out
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 09:55 PM
  3. Diet posted, lower protein or carbs??
    By ana420 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
  4. Thinking about going back for masters
    By machine528 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 09:13 AM
  5. TTA cramps increased with lower carbs?
    By Eat The Poor in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Log in
Log in