Eggs

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Eggs


    Several articles on nutrition say to eat whole eggs for breakfast. My thing is they never say how to cook them. Is there one way better than the other, like hard boil over scrambled or fried. Or does it matter just eat eggs?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Chawks
    Several articles on nutrition say to eat whole eggs for breakfast. My thing is they never say how to cook them. Is there one way better than the other, like hard boil over scrambled or fried. Or does it matter just eat eggs?
    Just eat em, I like scrambled, but sometimes I do boiled bc it's easy and lasts a couple days
    Always willing to learn :D

  3. i make omelets in the microwave with them.. you'd be surprised.
    •   
       


  4. I use egg whites that come in a carton. I mix 1 cup with a scoop of protein in a blender whenever I want to have a shake. If I cook them, I use the cal free cooking spray and use 1 cup egg whites plus 2 whole eggs then when done I add two low fat mozarella cheese sticks (5g fat total plus 12 g protein) and fold it to let the cheese melt

  5. Just dont do it daily because of the cholestrol but you can def. have egg whites daily. I eat wholes 2x a week

  6. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Just dont do it daily because of the cholestrol but you can def. have egg whites daily. I eat wholes 2x a week
    Cholesterol is not a problem with eggs, not unless you have existing problems.

  7. You can also poach eggs...as good as sunny side up or over easy without the oil.

    Direction:
    Bring water in a saucepan to almost boiling. If the water is already boiling, lower the heat until it is no longer boiling. Add salt. Crack the egg and wait until it's cooked to your liking. Lift eggs out of pan with a slotted spoon.

  8. I fry 2 eggs every morning and use a 2-3 servings of liquid egg whites in the carton. I'll do the same thing on occasion for dinner as well.

  9. I eat 10 whole eggs everyday for breakfast. I'm on the second week of a Helladrol cycle and I'm taking some CoQ-10 during my cycle. Should I ease up on the whole eggs because it'll just amplify any cholesterol increase during the cycle?

  10. Cook the whites - and eat the yolks runny for optimal digestion and protein assimilation.

    Cooking the yolks can render some nutrient integrity. I will literally add JUST THE YOLKS to my blended shakes.

    -Matt
    Body Problem Mechanic
    National Level Competitor.

    www.mpasupps.com

  11. 4 eggs scrambled every morning.

    Sometimes I'll do an omelet, which is really just a neatly cooked scrambled egg.

  12. One whole egg with 4 whites, turkey sausage crumbles, a slice of Swiss and a slice of Pepper Jack .. omelet style, olive oil Pam adds a nice flavor .. that's part of breakfast at least 6 days a week ..

  13. I think the whole link between Cholestral and eggs have been de-bunked

  14. Quote Originally Posted by STPlover View Post
    I think the whole link between Cholestral and eggs have been de-bunked
    The problem can be a reality if you combine that yolk with HIGH insulin levels from processed carbohydrates.

    In the absence of high insulin -- which is a driver of cholesterol and triglycerides.

    On a very low-carb diet , egg yolks are great and in a lot of cases lower the persons total cholesterol panel.

    -Matt
    Body Problem Mechanic
    National Level Competitor.

    www.mpasupps.com

  15. Whenever I eat eggs I usually have 5-6 scrambled. None of that Pansy crap of not eating the yolks. I probably eat eggs 3-4 times a week.

  16. A lot of nutritionists nowadays recommend actually varying it up, because eating the same thing every day can apparently lead to allergies down the line if consumed enough repeatedly.

  17. The yoke fobia is as bad as the milk fobia

  18. 5 whole every morning.

  19. Eggs are one of my favorite foods, eat like 4 a day minimum.

  20. They are almost the perfect food. Hard boil them and they are portable too!

  21. Something I have been doing is what most people do the opposite of --\

    I just dump the yolks into my blended shakes.

    2 scoops protein

    2 scoops of oat flour

    4 organic egg yolks

    Add nice thickness to the shake and great nutrient content.

    -Matt
    Body Problem Mechanic
    National Level Competitor.

    www.mpasupps.com

  22. I always hard boil the entire pack (24 eggs) and eat them through the week, either as snacks or complement to foods where I don't feel I ate enough protein / fat.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  23. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    Something I have been doing is what most people do the opposite of --\

    I just dump the yolks into my blended shakes.

    2 scoops protein

    2 scoops of oat flour

    4 organic egg yolks

    Add nice thickness to the shake and great nutrient content.

    -Matt
    I've been tossing them into my shaker shakes at night lately. Adds a nice richness. Almost like I'm mixing the protein with milk instead of water.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Hikeon3 View Post
    I've been tossing them into my shaker shakes at night lately. Adds a nice richness. Almost like I'm mixing the protein with milk instead of water.
    Yes exactly --- it will add nice thickness to a shake blended w/ice. Creates a great milk shake texture.

    -Matt
    Body Problem Mechanic
    National Level Competitor.

    www.mpasupps.com

  25. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleGauge1 View Post
    Just dont do it daily because of the cholestrol but you can def. have egg whites daily. I eat wholes 2x a week
    Dietary Cholesterol does not effect blood LDL/HDL levels.

  26. I mix 5 regular eggs with egg whites and skim milk and scramble them in the morning.

  27. Nonstick pan with a quick spray of Pam and fry away. 3 eggs almost every morning for me. Sometimes I do scrambled with a cup of homemade venison chorizo mixed in.

  28. I used to eat the crap out of WHOLE eggs as well until I read an article ahile back about the yolks being significantly linked to extremely higher risks of prostate cancer (due to the inflammatory-type prostaglandins).

    After that, I switched to egg beaters.

    Here's one random quick google search article. Im sure there are hundreds out there

    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/235321.php
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    I used to eat the crap out of WHOLE eggs as well until I read an article ahile back about the yolks being significantly linked to extremely higher risks of prostate cancer (due to the inflammatory-type prostaglandins).

    After that, I switched to egg beaters.

    Here's one random quick google search article. Im sure there are hundreds out there

    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/235321.php
    arachronic acid..aka x factor..
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!

  30. What's "ara-chronic" acid - Is that like some new street drug for Arabs or something? ......

    Haha. J/K

    Pretty sure arachidonic acid is the inflammatory one, PGE2 or something.

    Anyway........you get the idea LOL and thanks for the reminder

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    arachronic acid..aka x factor..
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  31. I eat 4 whole eggs everyday.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    What's "ara-chronic" acid - Is that like some new street drug for Arabs or something? ......

    Haha. J/K

    Pretty sure arachidonic acid is the inflammatory one, PGE2 or something.

    Anyway........you get the idea LOL and thanks for the reminder
    yea. I was like. screw it, im not looking up how to spell that. lol
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!

  33. Quote Originally Posted by RJW719 View Post
    I eat 4 whole eggs everyday.
    I eat anywhere from 3 to 6 every 24.43272 hours
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!

  34. I eat around 10-12 a day, all with yolks 5-6 upon waking and 5-6 around 30 min pre bed. I love eggs
    Always willing to learn :D

  35. Haha

    Just messin w/ya playa.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Will View Post
    yea. I was like. screw it, im not looking up how to spell that. lol
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

  36. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Haha

    Just messin w/ya playa.
    o i know, i know
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/193693-lifting-heavy-every.html
    MY LOG ABOVE^^^ Yes i Squat heavy every single day. Come see how it works out!

  37. I eat everyday boil egg in early morning.egg contains high-quality protein and amino acids.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by MattPorter View Post
    Something I have been doing is what most people do the opposite of --\

    I just dump the yolks into my blended shakes.

    2 scoops protein

    2 scoops of oat flour

    4 organic egg yolks

    Add nice thickness to the shake and great nutrient content.

    -Matt
    I'm going to have to to try this.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by Jymis View Post
    I'm going to have to to try this.
    When eating becomes a constant chore -- dumping some yolks, oatmeal powder and protein come in very handy.

    -Matt
    Body Problem Mechanic
    National Level Competitor.

    www.mpasupps.com

  40. Try this guys... Protein Pancakes

    Get a blender
    6-10 eggwhites (I use 6)
    1 scoop whey (optional)
    1 cup oatmeal
    Blend it all together till liquid
    Pour it onto a preheat squillet

    Enjoy!

    Macros of 6 eggwhites and 1 cup oatmeal w/out whey is.. 860 cals, 52g Protein, 54g Carbs
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. RAW EGGS vs COOKED EGGS
    By LIFTEDnGIFTED in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM
  2. Raw Eggs VS. Cooked Eggs
    By Z28Luver7777 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 03:14 PM
  3. Eggs? Eat up!
    By joeflex73 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 03:20 AM
  4. How I eat raw eggs
    By wontdie in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Log in
Log in