Try this guys... Protein Pancakes

Get a blender
6-10 eggwhites (I use 6)
1 scoop whey (optional)
1 cup oatmeal
Blend it all together till liquid
Pour it onto a preheat squillet

Enjoy!

Macros of 6 eggwhites and 1 cup oatmeal w/out whey is.. 860 cals, 52g Protein, 54g Carbs
those protein macros gotta be wrong

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
cup of oatmeal has 10 grams protein and 6 egg whites has about 20 g protein so w/out whey you are looking at 30-35 g protein max not 52

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Idk what eggs ur buying but on my carton each egg has 7-8g each

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
you said egg whites not whole eggs. One egg white has about 3.5 g protein

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
That's not true dude eggwhites have a majority of the protein may be u decrease by 1 gram the least

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
There is a substantial amount of protein in the yolk. I don't feel like going back and forth but just google it you will find all the info. If you bought larger eggs then maybe each egg white has 4.5 g protein in it but that is max the yolk prob has ~ 3 g protein in it.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's not true dude eggwhites have a majority of the protein may be u decrease by 1 gram the least
One large egg has 6 grams protein. 3G in the white and 3G in the yolk.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One large egg has 6 grams protein. 3G in the white and 3G in the yolk.
Well it's more like 3.3/2.7 I haven't looked this up in a while but I doubt the amount of protein in a egg has changed

AForney

AForney

Awards
None of you take this study to heart?
Maybe Im being too paranoid?
I stopped reading when I got to this part; "we already know red and processed meat may increase risk of advanced prostate cancer, and although post-diagnostic data on diet and prostate cancer is "sparse", there have been suggestions that eating poultry with skin and eggs may hasten the progress of the disease."

I think this would fall into the "everything I do MAY cause cancer." It also sounds anti meat to me.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The study tries to suggest a correlation between egg consumption (no details really) and prostate cancer

Men who consumed 2.5 or more eggs per week had an 81% increased risk of lethal prostate cancer compared to men who consumed less than 0.5 eggs per week
Which is what the first article you posted focused on. Right before that sentence though it says

We also performed a case-only survival analysis to examine post-diagnostic consumption of these foods and risk of lethal prostate cancer among the 3,127 men initially diagnosed with non-metastatic prostate cancer during follow-up. In the incidence analysis, we observed 199 events during 306,715 person-years
And this doesnt really strike me as something that would indicate a strong relationship between eggs and cancer

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Astute observations brother. Well done ;)