Eggs

Chawks

Chawks

Awards
Several articles on nutrition say to eat whole eggs for breakfast. My thing is they never say how to cook them. Is there one way better than the other, like hard boil over scrambled or fried. Or does it matter just eat eggs?

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Several articles on nutrition say to eat whole eggs for breakfast. My thing is they never say how to cook them. Is there one way better than the other, like hard boil over scrambled or fried. Or does it matter just eat eggs?
Just eat em, I like scrambled, but sometimes I do boiled bc it's easy and lasts a couple days

alexoc949

alexoc949

Awards
  • Established
i make omelets in the microwave with them.. you'd be surprised.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
I use egg whites that come in a carton. I mix 1 cup with a scoop of protein in a blender whenever I want to have a shake. If I cook them, I use the cal free cooking spray and use 1 cup egg whites plus 2 whole eggs then when done I add two low fat mozarella cheese sticks (5g fat total plus 12 g protein) and fold it to let the cheese melt

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Just dont do it daily because of the cholestrol but you can def. have egg whites daily. I eat wholes 2x a week

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Just dont do it daily because of the cholestrol but you can def. have egg whites daily. I eat wholes 2x a week
Cholesterol is not a problem with eggs, not unless you have existing problems.

jared767

Awards
You can also poach eggs...as good as sunny side up or over easy without the oil.

Direction:
Bring water in a saucepan to almost boiling. If the water is already boiling, lower the heat until it is no longer boiling. Add salt. Crack the egg and wait until it's cooked to your liking. Lift eggs out of pan with a slotted spoon.

lemke28

lemke28

Awards
I fry 2 eggs every morning and use a 2-3 servings of liquid egg whites in the carton. I'll do the same thing on occasion for dinner as well.

paulalan

paulalan

Awards
I eat 10 whole eggs everyday for breakfast. I'm on the second week of a Helladrol cycle and I'm taking some CoQ-10 during my cycle. Should I ease up on the whole eggs because it'll just amplify any cholesterol increase during the cycle?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cook the whites - and eat the yolks runny for optimal digestion and protein assimilation.

Cooking the yolks can render some nutrient integrity. I will literally add JUST THE YOLKS to my blended shakes.

-Matt

kaikara

kaikara

Awards
  • Established
4 eggs scrambled every morning.

Sometimes I'll do an omelet, which is really just a neatly cooked scrambled egg.

SMC USA

SMC USA

Awards
One whole egg with 4 whites, turkey sausage crumbles, a slice of Swiss and a slice of Pepper Jack .. omelet style, olive oil Pam adds a nice flavor .. that's part of breakfast at least 6 days a week ..

STPlover

STPlover

Awards
I think the whole link between Cholestral and eggs have been de-bunked

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think the whole link between Cholestral and eggs have been de-bunked
The problem can be a reality if you combine that yolk with HIGH insulin levels from processed carbohydrates.

In the absence of high insulin -- which is a driver of cholesterol and triglycerides.

On a very low-carb diet , egg yolks are great and in a lot of cases lower the persons total cholesterol panel.

-Matt

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whenever I eat eggs I usually have 5-6 scrambled. None of that Pansy crap of not eating the yolks. I probably eat eggs 3-4 times a week.

Deca17

Awards
A lot of nutritionists nowadays recommend actually varying it up, because eating the same thing every day can apparently lead to allergies down the line if consumed enough repeatedly.

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
The yoke fobia is as bad as the milk fobia

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Eggs are one of my favorite foods, eat like 4 a day minimum.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Something I have been doing is what most people do the opposite of --\

I just dump the yolks into my blended shakes.

2 scoops protein

2 scoops of oat flour

4 organic egg yolks

Add nice thickness to the shake and great nutrient content.

-Matt

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
I always hard boil the entire pack (24 eggs) and eat them through the week, either as snacks or complement to foods where I don't feel I ate enough protein / fat.

Hikeon3

Hikeon3

Awards

2 scoops protein

2 scoops of oat flour

4 organic egg yolks

-Matt
I've been tossing them into my shaker shakes at night lately. Adds a nice richness. Almost like I'm mixing the protein with milk instead of water.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been tossing them into my shaker shakes at night lately. Adds a nice richness. Almost like I'm mixing the protein with milk instead of water.
Yes exactly --- it will add nice thickness to a shake blended w/ice. Creates a great milk shake texture.

-Matt

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
Dietary Cholesterol does not effect blood LDL/HDL levels.

Newblood

Awards
I mix 5 regular eggs with egg whites and skim milk and scramble them in the morning.

AForney

AForney

Awards
Nonstick pan with a quick spray of Pam and fry away. 3 eggs almost every morning for me. Sometimes I do scrambled with a cup of homemade venison chorizo mixed in.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to eat the crap out of WHOLE eggs as well until I read an article ahile back about the yolks being significantly linked to extremely higher risks of prostate cancer (due to the inflammatory-type prostaglandins).

After that, I switched to egg beaters.

Here's one random quick google search article. Im sure there are hundreds out there

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/235321.php

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
I used to eat the crap out of WHOLE eggs as well until I read an article ahile back about the yolks being significantly linked to extremely higher risks of prostate cancer (due to the inflammatory-type prostaglandins).

Here's one random quick google search article. Im sure there are hundreds out there

arachronic acid..aka x factor..

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's "ara-chronic" acid - Is that like some new street drug for Arabs or something? :p......:D

Haha. J/K

Pretty sure arachidonic acid is the inflammatory one, PGE2 or something.

Anyway........you get the idea LOL and thanks for the reminder ;)

arachronic acid..aka x factor..

RJW719

RJW719

Awards
  • Established
I eat 4 whole eggs everyday.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
What's "ara-chronic" acid - Is that like some new street drug for Arabs or something? :p......:D

Haha. J/K

Pretty sure arachidonic acid is the inflammatory one, PGE2 or something.

Anyway........you get the idea LOL and thanks for the reminder ;)
yea. I was like. screw it, im not looking up how to spell that. lol

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I eat around 10-12 a day, all with yolks 5-6 upon waking and 5-6 around 30 min pre bed. I love eggs

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards

Elliot

Awards
I eat everyday boil egg in early morning.egg contains high-quality protein and amino acids.

Jymis

Jymis

Awards

2 scoops protein

2 scoops of oat flour

4 organic egg yolks

-Matt
I'm going to have to to try this.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
Try this guys... Protein Pancakes

Get a blender
6-10 eggwhites (I use 6)
1 scoop whey (optional)
1 cup oatmeal
Blend it all together till liquid
Pour it onto a preheat squillet

Enjoy!

Macros of 6 eggwhites and 1 cup oatmeal w/out whey is.. 860 cals, 52g Protein, 54g Carbs

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Try this guys... Protein Pancakes

Get a blender
6-10 eggwhites (I use 6)
1 scoop whey (optional)
1 cup oatmeal
Blend it all together till liquid
Pour it onto a preheat squillet

Enjoy!

Macros of 6 eggwhites and 1 cup oatmeal w/out whey is.. 860 cals, 52g Protein, 54g Carbs
Dammit, where are the precious yolks! .......Don't say down the garbage disposal!

-Matt

AForney

AForney

Awards
Quick and easy omelet

Grab a pyrex measuring cup
2363356.jpg

and put in 3 eggs
wiseeggs.jpg

Put in 2-3 Tbs of salsa
fresh-tomato-salsa.jpg

a sprinkle of shredded cheese
Kraft-Shredded-Mexican-Taco-Cheese-8oz1.jpg
around 1/4 cup of ground beef/turkey/chicken or venison
dscn0137-400x300.jpg
and a splash of milk
Whole.JPG

Mix well with a fork until ingredients are incorporated and pre-heat oven to 300.

Spray a pre-heated 9 in. non-stick pan with pam and add egg mixture. Cook on medium heat for 1-2 min.
After eggs have just started to setup around the pans edged, place into the oven. Cook time is around 10 mins. To check doneness just jiggle the pan and see if eggs are fully set.

When eggs have set, turn pan upside down onto a plate and everthing should come out like this(not my pic);
omelette_carousel.jpg

Remember, you are cooking for yourself, recipes are guides not rules.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Frozen stir fry vegetables.

Defrost them.

Break 8 - 10 eggs

Add the vegetables. Cover. Enjoy. Great side to any meal.

MateuszMoore

Awards
Hi there, Another recipe for an egg, I suggest you to try eggplant in egg. This is a delicious food to enjoy have one and see it for yourself.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
None of you take this study to heart?

Maybe Im being too paranoid?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
None of you take this study to heart?

Maybe Im being too paranoid?
Links to the studies the article references would be helpful but I highly doubt there is a significant connection between eggs and cancer

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Don't breathe guys, the oxygen might cause cancer

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actaully............there is a study that just demonstrated...........

LMAOOO :p

Don't breathe guys, the oxygen might cause cancer

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established