Home made power butter

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Hey guys,

I really like power butter and I take two servings with my shake and protein meal before I go to bed but as a college student it adds up and power butter is kinda expensive. So I was wondering if I could make it at home. I know most of the protein is coming for the egg whites but I was wondering if I microwaved the egg whites would kill the albumin. Also would they turn to a chunky whites like they were cooked on the stove?

If not then do you have any ideas on how to make it at home?

I've already googled it but there wasn't enough details on it.

Thanks!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could try pasteurized egg whites mixed with natty PB. I have not done this, so I don't know how it would turn out, but it's worth a try in theory. Or part pasteurized egg white and part powdered egg protein perhaps?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
Servings per container: 37
(Value and % Daily Value)

Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13
Total fat: 1.5 g 2%
Saturated fat: 0 g 0%
Trans fat: <0.01 g
Cholesterol: <0.01 mg 0%
Sodium: 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrates: 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber: 2 g 8%
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 5 g

add in whey or egg white powder and you should get something pretty similar for not that bad of a price

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Does anybody know if the difference between egg white powder and egg white protein powders?

Like I could get egg what protein powder from the -----factory but I was trying to get as much food as possbile from whole foods....if that makes any sense.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
Servings per container: 37
(Value and % Daily Value)

Calories: 45
Calories from fat: 13
Total fat: 1.5 g 2%
Saturated fat: 0 g 0%
Trans fat: <0.01 g
Cholesterol: <0.01 mg 0%
Sodium: 94 mg 4%
Total carbohydrates: 5 g 2%
Dietary fiber: 2 g 8%
Sugars: 1 g
Protein: 5 g

add in whey or egg white powder and you should get something pretty similar for not that bad of a price
I'm going to look this up, thanks

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I really like power butter and I take two servings with my shake and protein meal before I go to bed but as a college student it adds up and power butter is kinda expensive. So I was wondering if I could make it at home. I know most of the protein is coming for the egg whites but I was wondering if I microwaved the egg whites would kill the albumin. Also would they turn to a chunky whites like they were cooked on the stove?

If not then do you have any ideas on how to make it at home?

I've already googled it but there wasn't enough details on it.

Thanks!
i would try ***e yogurt PB eggwhites and some protein powder and cook it low temp till eggs solid

Jentry07

Awards
Where do you get this PB2? I've heard a lot about it, but can't seem to find it around town? Is it only available if you order online?