really slow metabolism?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    That is the most frustrating part for sure. Putting in 110% effort to get 10% result..lol
    Haha no doubt, man. And the thing is, I'm still pretty happy with where I'm at, but I think about where I could have been if all the tools were in place back then. I was always told that I'd just be chubby as it was in my DNA and it was my build; that I'd never have abs. And for the longest time I listened to them, but then I just tried harder and harder than everyone else and sure enough, when I was in grad school, I had some nice abs coming in (granted, they were still covered by a layer of fat, but they showed).

The thyroid thing just sucked the motivation out from under me and took all the fire out of my workouts and definitely put an axe on the diet. I can't wait til it's in place here again and I have that passion to go in every single day knowing that I'm making changes and progressing.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

2. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Haha no doubt, man. And the thing is, I'm still pretty happy with where I'm at, but I think about where I could have been if all the tools were in place back then. I was always told that I'd just be chubby as it was in my DNA and it was my build; that I'd never have abs. And for the longest time I listened to them, but then I just tried harder and harder than everyone else and sure enough, when I was in grad school, I had some nice abs coming in (granted, they were still covered by a layer of fat, but they showed).

The thyroid thing just sucked the motivation out from under me and took all the fire out of my workouts and definitely put an axe on the diet. I can't wait til it's in place here again and I have that passion to go in every single day knowing that I'm making changes and progressing.
    just a bump in the road bro. Nothing more, nothing less. I think sometimes you need to take a step backwards to takes two steps forwards ya know? And if having a set back leads to us fixing the thyroid problem, then I think it's going to let us take two giant leaps forwards once it's taken care of.

I know for sure it's extremely discouraging and disappointing and it can suck a lot of the ambition out of you. But I think it's important to try your hardest to not let it completely take you out of the fitness lifestyle. Gotta keep up those daily habits that add up in the long run. I know it's not doing any good right now, but personally I'm still doing exactly what I know WOULD work if the thyroid wasn't a problem to lose the fat, cardio all 7 days a week in the am, 5x a week weights in the pm, strict diet, etc.. Just everything that I know works for me and always has worked. It's not working right now, but by keeping up the same habits and routine, I think it's going to be easier to identify and see once it is fixed, all of a sudden things are going to start happening with regards to body recomp without having to change anything about what I was doing, things will just kind of...fall into place

It's easier said than done I know. Just gotta keep up with them positive thoughts my brother from another mother
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

Believe me, I know exactly where you are coming from. I always manage to be in pretty "decent" shape, but it is 10x as hard.

I never let it side track me though. It just means I need to stay MORE consistent, and work harder.

Keep at it man.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Up Metabolism With Supplement?
    By Cubate in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 04:54 PM
  2. Supplements to slow down metabolism
    By Random181 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-25-2009, 06:48 PM
  3. Ginger and metabolism
    By tlee05 in forum Supplements