Poll: How many hours of sleep a night do you sleep?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Poll - How many hours of sleep a night do you sleep?

1. Poll - How many hours of sleep a night do you sleep?

Following on from this post , it seems that people work all day and then wake really early, this can surely not be healthy, as you need 6 to 8 hours minimum a day, surely gains would be more, with more sleep?

So i thought i would ask ...

How many hours of sleep do you get a day?

2. i use to be able to get 7-9 hours of sleep a day, but working a new job now and only get like 4-6. I notice my performance in the gym getting worst and im more irratated and tired all day everyday.

3. Technically zero because I work night shift. BUT I do sleep about 6.5 hours during the day.

It's kinda fun to wake up at 2:30 and have an excuse to not be called a bum.
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by dannyn2007 View Post
    i use to be able to get 7-9 hours of sleep a day, but working a new job now and only get like 4-6. I notice my performance in the gym getting worst and im more irratated and tired all day everyday.
    That's why I asked, I feel a huge difference when I don't get enough sleep the night before, for example, my shrug is normally around the lines of 210 pounds, without a good nights sleep i struggle on 120 pounds...

Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Technically zero because I work night shift. BUT I do sleep about 6.5 hours during the day.

5. well if you research sleep and it effecting muscle gains or whatever, studies show that not sleeping enough can have an increase in cortisol levels and a drop in testosterone level. it was something i read a while back somewhere on google. i was able to bench 225x12 times before i worked my new job, now im only doing 225x8. my diet also changed to cause i only get 1 lunch break vs 2-3 at my old job. i hate not giviing links but i also was reading about how not sleeping effects your peformance in the gym cause without much sleep, you cant go to your full potential.

6. 6 hrs a night. But I have a 4 yr old and a 6 week old, so that explains a lot right there.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

7. Quote Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
    Following on from this post , it seems that people work all day and then wake really early, this can surely not be healthy, as you need 6 to 8 hours minimum a day, surely gains would be more, with more sleep?

I find that getting th full 8 or more a night helps most with fat loss rather than gains.

8. I go for the gold standard of 8 hours. Correcting my sleeping pattern and actually sticking WITH a pattern to begin with has really helped my cortisol curve throughout the day.

9. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    Technically zero because I work night shift. BUT I do sleep about 6.5 hours during the day.

Same here...I sleep usually 0800-1600... Sometimes even 0800-2000 but nightshirt really jacks you up.

10. I don't get enough sleep, generally 5 hours. I haven't really noticed a drop off in performance or gains though, but I am pretty stagnant where I'm at. I sometimes wonder if I would do better with more sleep, but lifestyle doesn't really allow for it unless I take something out that I enjoy (i.e., time on here!)
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

11. I shoot for 8 when my schedule allows, but usually end up w/ 7

12. Usually 7-8 unless I have one of those stare at the alarm clock nights.

4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443

13. Usually 7 hours. Sometimes only 6.. Can never really sleep over 8. Always wake up!

14. 7-10. Usually 8-9 tho

15. Quote Originally Posted by Collateral View Post

8 Hours.

16. 7-8 hours per night is ideal. More then 8 increases your risk for non-cardiovascular related mortality while less than 7 increases risk for cardiovascular related mortality. Regular use of hypnotics to induce sleep also increases mortality.

EDIT: Hyperlinked citation for those who want to read full text

17. 6-7 hours

18. 8+.... Gotta love it. Although I still find myself lethargic alot....

Similar Forum Threads

1. How many hours do you sleep?
    By swollen87 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 09:25 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
  3. 4 hours sleep 2 days in a row!
    By AndreAnabolic in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 08:19 AM
  4. hm... i've had 6 hours of sleep in the past 3 days.....
    By Mrs. Gimpy! in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 02:25 PM
  5. Being Put to Sleep Tomorrow, Cant eat for 8 hours what to do?
    By pistonpump in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 01:08 AM