Poll - How many hours of sleep a night do you sleep?

How many hours of sleep a night do you sleep?

• Total voters

dannyn2007

Awards
i use to be able to get 7-9 hours of sleep a day, but working a new job now and only get like 4-6. I notice my performance in the gym getting worst and im more irratated and tired all day everyday.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Technically zero because I work night shift. BUT I do sleep about 6.5 hours during the day.

It's kinda fun to wake up at 2:30 and have an excuse to not be called a bum.

Collateral

Collateral

Awards
i use to be able to get 7-9 hours of sleep a day, but working a new job now and only get like 4-6. I notice my performance in the gym getting worst and im more irratated and tired all day everyday.
That's why I asked, I feel a huge difference when I don't get enough sleep the night before, for example, my shrug is normally around the lines of 210 pounds, without a good nights sleep i struggle on 120 pounds...

Technically zero because I work night shift. BUT I do sleep about 6.5 hours during the day.

:lmao:

dannyn2007

Awards
well if you research sleep and it effecting muscle gains or whatever, studies show that not sleeping enough can have an increase in cortisol levels and a drop in testosterone level. it was something i read a while back somewhere on google. i was able to bench 225x12 times before i worked my new job, now im only doing 225x8. my diet also changed to cause i only get 1 lunch break vs 2-3 at my old job. i hate not giviing links but i also was reading about how not sleeping effects your peformance in the gym cause without much sleep, you cant go to your full potential.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
6 hrs a night. But I have a 4 yr old and a 6 week old, so that explains a lot right there.

pansori

Awards
Following on from this post , it seems that people work all day and then wake really early, this can surely not be healthy, as you need 6 to 8 hours minimum a day, surely gains would be more, with more sleep?

So i thought i would ask ...

How many hours of sleep do you get a day?
I find that getting th full 8 or more a night helps most with fat loss rather than gains.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I go for the gold standard of 8 hours. Correcting my sleeping pattern and actually sticking WITH a pattern to begin with has really helped my cortisol curve throughout the day.

Colochine

Colochine

Awards
  • Established

Same here...I sleep usually 0800-1600... Sometimes even 0800-2000 but nightshirt really jacks you up.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't get enough sleep, generally 5 hours. I haven't really noticed a drop off in performance or gains though, but I am pretty stagnant where I'm at. I sometimes wonder if I would do better with more sleep, but lifestyle doesn't really allow for it unless I take something out that I enjoy (i.e., time on here!)

BaDgErFaN

Awards
  • Established
I shoot for 8 when my schedule allows, but usually end up w/ 7

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Usually 7 hours. Sometimes only 6.. Can never really sleep over 8. Always wake up!

granicefer11

Awards
Following on from this post , it seems that people work all day and then wake really early, this can surely not be healthy, as you need 6 to 8 hours minimum a day, surely gains would be more, with more sleep?

So i thought i would ask ...

How many hours of sleep do you get a day?
8 Hours.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
7-8 hours per night is ideal. More then 8 increases your risk for non-cardiovascular related mortality while less than 7 increases risk for cardiovascular related mortality. Regular use of hypnotics to induce sleep also increases mortality.

EDIT: Hyperlinked citation for those who want to read full text

appleyard777

Awards
8+.... Gotta love it. Although I still find myself lethargic alot....