Help with Diet %'s for Cutting

BB Ambitious

Awards
Hey everyone, I was pretty active a while back on this site but then I had a rough go at things, such is life, really hurt my shoulder during a rugby game and started doing some Rehab and managed to also really mess up my ankle during a conditioning session. Anyway enough of the sob story. I want to get back to how active I was, I'll admit to being lazy during my surgery and all the Rehab I was doing. I couldn't work out the way I wanted to. But now after several months I'm feeling a lot better and ready to get back at it.

I'm not sure of my body fat percentage at this moment. I'm 21, 5'9 and weigh around 195 pounds. I'm a stalky build. If I had to guess I'm probably around 15%?

Anyway I was wondering if someone could help me with what my daily/weekly intake of fat, carbs and proteins should be if I want to get around 180 pounds?

195-180 Pounds.

FAT%?
PROTEIN%?
CARBS%?

I'll get a diet log up and running once I figure out the nutritional needs. Thanks for any and all input!

BB Ambitious

Awards
Anyone at all, wow I was expecting something back by now lol..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Anyway I was wondering if someone could help me with what my daily/weekly intake of fat, carbs and proteins should be if I want to get around 180 pounds?

195-180 Pounds.

FAT%?
PROTEIN%?
CARBS%?
No one can tell you what your macronutrient percentages should be - what is optimal for one individual is not the best for another, and you need to experiment to see what works most effectively for YOU re progress and results. A very common ratio used is 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, 20% fat - use that as a baseline and go from there, adjusting weekly dependent on results.

Before you look at macronutrients though, you need to calculate your MAINTENANCE calories - for fat loss, generally accepted to consistently be at anything up to 500 calories under Maintenance (I say "generally" because I do not think that anyone should perpetually consume less than Maintenance calories for fat loss, nor is it necessary - look into calorie cycling as the best nutritional method IMO for fat loss). You can find a calculation to Estimate Energy Expenditure (i.e. Maintenance calories) here.

If you have not already, then I recommend that you download and read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basics required at your body composition), and training for effective and successful fat loss.

Anyone at all, wow I was expecting something back by now lol..
Why don't you just get yourself a trainer who can and will individualize everything from nutrition to training specifically for you for your goals and needs, instead of speaking in such tones and expecting others to just give you everything and do it for you (so what if it takes time for people to reply, if at all, given that last post - people have lives outside of the forums, and just because they are here, don't expect them to drop everything for you)? If you can't be bothered with a trainer, then do some personal research for yourself and do it - shouldn't be too hard, given that there is PLENTY of reliable information on fat loss everywhere (up to you to determine the reliability of any and all information you read).

~Rosie~