acne

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.5%

Quote Originally Posted by greekgeorge View Post
    SO a while ago I did hdrol, and dermacrine, during which I had my face clear up incredibly.
    I have cystic acne

During the last two weeks of pct I started to break out its been 3.5 months since and it just keeps getting worse. I have been take 200mg Docycycline 2times a day. Just started tea tree oil soap and a olive oil/cocunut moisturizer soap. I have washed my face up to 15 times a day and as little as twice, and nether seem to make a difference.

It really went crazy on x factor advanced

When I take DAA I get more acne however only slightly, I dont feel any rise in test, no extra libido, agression nothing like others describe with DAA. The only non supplement I take is ghrp6, could that be related?

all products with salylic acid (proactiv) make it worse. any suggestions?

i'm also worried about my acne...pls help...........

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by granicefer11 View Post
    i'm also worried about my acne...pls help...........
    B5 @ 10g/day divided in 2 doses
    Tanning if able 5x/week
    Need 2 Clear Acne Face Wash 1x/day
    Niacinimide Cream 1x/day
    Wal-Mart's Black Head Clearing Scrub 1x/day upon waking (let it sit on your face after scrubbing while you shower)
    Make sure to properly hydrate every day

DONE!
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.92%

What works for me:

diet-
    A good multi
    Zinc
    Fish/Flax oil

Dr Bronners Castile peppermint soap for body wash
    Exfoliate Daily
    Moisturize Daily with a natural lotion
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

ok, maybe i'm an idiot but every time i try to go to **** website it takes me to an advertising company??? I'm interested in getting the facewash...Good info on the b5 i've read about it on other sites but not as informative as it was in this thread.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

Acne is an issue that millions of people suffer from on a daily basis. Topical treatments are some of the most popular current treatments that are being used to today.Unfortunately, topical treatments do not work from the inside out and There are a few popular oral acne pills that are available by presciption as well. On top of that many of them come with very serious side effects.
    Acne-tame is a safe side effect free product that may help prevent acne. Acnetame combines Powerful oral ingredients to fight Acne from the inside out.

______________________________ ______________________________ ___
    NEED TO BUILD MUSCLES REPRESENTATIVE

http://www.**********************
    Attachment 43711
    http://www.**********************/blog/
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

Another thought i had last night was it seems like most acne associated with aas is from DHT conversion. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. But i'm curious if you took a DHT block as part of cycle if it would cut down on the amount of acne? Anyone have experiance in this?
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

That's only a partial problem

I get outbreaks even when DHT is low. Hormonal fluctuations cause big outbreaks. For most people, where AAS is involved... being on cycle is not the problem - sure some acne can occur, but nothing NEAR as bad as when it's time for PCT.... this is where the real nastiness happens.

I'm on TRT and continually have troubles mainly where HCG is involved. If I don't always dose things exactly the same every week, and be totally on top of things, then I get outbreaks. Right now I've stopped test and am using HCG only.. and am getting outbreaks, but my total T is lower and DHT is not high.

I'm going on another course of Accutane (not a very high dose) and my dermatologist actually recommended staying on a very low dose over time, like an ongoing treatment of 10mg accutane per day to keep it away. It's not harmful this way (much much less of a burden on the liver, etc) and it works. For people with ongoing troubles, low dose accutane is definitely the way when all else fails (which is the case for most hormonal acne, it's very stubborn)
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    www . millenniumsport . net
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

^^ Interesting. I def agree the worst time for most is when they cycle off and begining pct. I wasn't even aware that they could still prescribe accutane any more with all the recent findings on long term damage it can cause.
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    ^^ Interesting. I def agree the worst time for most is when they cycle off and begining pct. I wasn't even aware that they could still prescribe accutane any more with all the recent findings on long term damage it can cause.
    There is no proof about the ulcerative colitis. There's a possible link between it being a trigger for people who have it in the family, but it's inconclusive since it doesn't seem to occur for people who dont' have a history of it.

Joints, depression, etc, are common with it. I take joint supps since the stuff dries you out, but never had depression on it. SAM-e is good for that anyhow.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.09%

I remember when I had family members who used Accutane that said it was "almost toxic dose of vitamin A".
    I find it interesting because vitamin A supplementation has been brought up a few times in the 3 pages of discussion.
    Mental Note.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    There is no proof about the ulcerative colitis. There's a possible link between it being a trigger for people who have it in the family, but it's inconclusive since it doesn't seem to occur for people who dont' have a history of it.

Joints, depression, etc, are common with it. I take joint supps since the stuff dries you out, but never had depression on it. SAM-e is good for that anyhow.
    I didn't know that there was proof that it caused it, i actually had a family member that did have the ulcerative colitis as a side effect at least it was linked back to it. I admittedly have not researched it.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

For me, I've been using acne almost 2 months.. It's really helpful of my faces and my back, it's totally effective.. Now my Acne are gone.. and I have a little more acne in my back but now its going to fade and fade... I have nothing to say about this product! Its very Amazing... I love it!!

______________________________ ______________________________ ________
    NEED TO BUILD MUSCLES REPRESENTATIVE
    http://www.**********************
    Attachment 43739
    http://www.**********************/blog/
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

ok, maybe i'm an idiot but every time i try to go to **** website it takes me to an advertising company??? I'm interested in getting the facewash...Good info on the b5 i've read about it on other sites but not as informative as it was in this thread.
    To answer your question, **** is in the process of switching the store/forum to a new server. If it's not resolved yet, it should be soon. Just make sure you clear your cache/cookies and that should do the trick for you.

And all the talk about accutane makes me cringe lol. It worked, there's no doubt about that, but the sides (that I still get, 11 years later) are/were nasty.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.93%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    To answer your question, **** is in the process of switching the store/forum to a new server. If it's not resolved yet, it should be soon. Just make sure you clear your cache/cookies and that should do the trick for you.

And all the talk about accutane makes me cringe lol. It worked, there's no doubt about that, but the sides (that I still get, 11 years later) are/were nasty.
    lol thanks man
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

I didn't know that there was proof that it caused it, i actually had a family member that did have the ulcerative colitis as a side effect at least it was linked back to it. I admittedly have not researched it.
    My Dr spoke about this, but then said it's only seemed to be an issue if it runs in the family, like accutane could trigger it - so she made sure to ask first if I have anyone in the fam with it. I know they are linked, but it seems like they are not fully certain if it is a main cause, or a trigger. I would never do high dose accutane again though.. Lower dose combined with other treatments mentioned in this thread.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of taking ultra high B5 though.. especially since the main form out there is bonded with calcium..which will just equate to hypercalcemia
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

What sort of sides are you getting? I took it when I was a teen, at a fairly high dose. Then I used it for the 2nd time a couple years ago and am about to again.
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I've been taking Acnetame for a couple weeks now and have to say that this is my first product of their's that I have tried and I really like it. It has been working well so far.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.86%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    What sort of sides are you getting? I took it when I was a teen, at a fairly high dose. Then I used it for the 2nd time a couple years ago and am about to again.
    I took it at a high dose, as well. I was 15 (sophomore year of high school), so it was 11 years ago. At the time, the only side I had was just the ridiculously dry skin, but I'll take that over acne lol. That was in the Fall, and that winter, however, is when the sides started. In the winters, randomly (not every single winter), my skin will get super dried out. It's odd. That's not the worst, though. The worst was the little tiny bumps that would show up on my palms and in between my fingers. They gave me a cream for it and it was so embarrassing when I read the label on it at age 15 and saw that it was also used for genital warts (or herpes; I can't remember which). Those, too, aren't every winter, but I got them last winter, again.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I've been taking Acnetame for a couple weeks now and have to say that this is my first product of their's that I have tried and I really like it. It has been working well so far.
    That's awesome, man. I'm really glad to hear that. I've luckily never had an issue with acne ever since the accutane, but if I ever do, that will me my first step in trying to combat it.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%

Well usually when your test levels go up you secrete more oil thru your skin. So its nice to get some acne when ur on gear which can b a good indicator that its working. I found that cutting out all dairy and milks really helped clear up my skin. Milk is a mucus which clogs your pors up. It worked for me, Hope this helps.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Milk isn't a mucus, nor is it secreted through your skin and it won't clog your pores up. Dietary allergies can cause skin issues though, so it's good to cut out things that could be factors (like milk).

I've just heard back from my dermatologist and will be starting 40mg of accutane per day, then likely lowering things down for the longterm.

Going to load up on SAM-e, NAC, NA-RALA, possibly Liv.52 (have a bunch on hand). I've done this before and labs were always good. Got some trusty ursodiol on hand just in case. The dermatologist is a really great one here, and was very interested in my supplements that I use for liver support, so she documented them. Will be interesting to see her reaction to my future labs. My current labs show slightly elevated AST, but that could be due to training and also elevated RBC/hematocrit which I have, but I'm good to go on this asap.
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%

Milk isn't a mucus, nor is it secreted through your skin and it won't clog your pores up. Dietary allergies can cause skin issues though, so it's good to cut out things that could be factors (like milk).
    Well I was told that by my Dermatologist, milk is a opaque fluid secreted from the mammilary glands. Never said MILK secretes thru ur skin. OIL does.lol Which WITH dirt will clog ur pores. Im just giving input on what works for me. No Dairy No Acne
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

A lot of people have allergies to milk... that's why.

I'm not sure where you got that milk's a mucus though (as you said in your post), nor does it cause mucus secretion.
    Myth Buster: Milk consumption does not lead to mucus production

Anyhow I agreed with you that it should be stopped or cut down on... even though diet is very much not the cause for most people's acne on this board. Overall it's kind of a myth that a person's diet (generally speaking) will cause acne. Dehydration is a greater cause than candy or oily foods. Oily foods don't ramp up oil secretions... Most of the time with people here, it's hormonal. And with cystic stuff, it's mainly from hormonal imbalances not DHT specifically.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%

Again.lol Didn't say milk lead to mucus production.

I was told by my Dermatologist that Milk was a mucus(type thereof). I dnt know what else to describe milk as and He sounded pretty sure of himself, o well scratch that one.

M
    ilk opens the sebum tap.

Drinking milk is like smearing sebum on your skin pores. And I really mean it. Every glass of milk you drink creates more sebum.

Nearly all commercial milk comes from pregnant cows. Pregnant cows' milk contains hormones that increase sebum production.

Milk contains dihydrotestosterone (DHT) precursors, including 5a-pregnanedione and 5a-androstanedione. These hormones are only few steps away from DHT. DHT signals the skin glands to produce more sebum, and researchers agree DHT is a prime acnegen.

And that's not all.

You skin already contains the enzymes requires for converting those precursors to DHT.

So with every glass of milk the DHT levels in your skin glands increase, and that means more sebum.
    http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/milk-acne.html Great article, Check it out
  24. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Huh... that's definitely an interesting article.
    I drink loads of milk (whole milk too) or at least used to, but I have low range DHT.

I don't think there's enough hormones in our food to cause a significant increase in sebum production. Even going on loads of test doesn't cause me to break out more than some small tiny bumps. The bad nasty stuff comes when my test is low/crashed IE: PCT

I think that report on milk increase DHT is a bogus one, and skeptical at best. The science behind it doesn't make sense and I've never seen studies with labwork done to prove this either. I think that dermatologist isn't basing their comment about milk being a form of mucus, on fact. It's definitely not. Cow's milk may as well be though since there's so much puss content in it.

I still totally believe that where milk is concerned, it's due to allegies. Cow's Milk isn't very natural for us, plus it's filled with all sorts of junk like puss, etc..... goats milk is the most natural form and easiest to digest. If your gut is good, your skin usually is good too, if hormones are balanced.
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%

w.e u say bro
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

There's a simple way to test your Dr's theory, or that article's theory.

Remove milk from your diet, but keep dietary cholesterol and saturated fat the same.
    Get bloodwork, test DHT

Add milk back into your diet, and then test DHT.

If milk raised DHT, I would drink a ton more of it. DHT is the most powerful androgen there is. I know from my labs, that milk has no effect on DHT levels with me. If anything, dietary hormones found in beef and milk, etc, will lower your own test levels. That's why people say to eat hormone free meet/food. It won't raise your test/dht levels. Lowers it..

Cow milk is pretty nasty in general though. If people want milk in their diet, they should be using goats milk. So much healthier, and far more beneficial:

http://altmedangel.com/milkcomp.htm
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%

R u drinking organic milk? That could b why the milk doesn't affect your hormones. jus a theory. ehh?
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Never used to. I used to drink a lot of lactaid brand whole milk, almost a gallon a day when bulking. The only side it gave me personally was severe heartburn especially at night... would wake me up. I don't think it's organic, just lactose free.

I've been starting to follow more of a paleo diet, so milk free, but going to start adding some goats milk (whole) if I can get a good source of it. Tough in NYC.. they charge too much for whole fresh organic unpasteurized milk here. Usually it's a local NY farm that will bring it in, but for a major premium.

There was once this company that made whey protein from goats milk. I forget the name but they're no longer around. I always used to buy their protein. Supposedly much easier to digest. I'd have 90 grams of it altogether around my training, sipping pre-peri-and post workout, never got upset gut from it. Anyhow I'm getting off topic now.

I'm getting a super hard time getting this accutane started. My insurance company doesn't want to cover it, and needs my Dr to call them to authorize it.. and still likely won't cover much I bet. Wish it was still easy to find online. It's far to expensive without proper insurance.. $350/month for only 40mg/day.
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.24%

Does B5 affect sex drive? Also niacin seems to work somehow, but does it decrease sex drive? I find that when I have lots of acne I am
    horniest. I wish I could change this correlation...
  30. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.66%

glad to hear it
  31. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mich29 View Post
    glad to hear it
    I stopped using it for a couple weeks to assess its efficacy, and noticed an increase in acne. But when I started back up, it helped alot. Great product that has worked!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  32. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38%

I stopped using it for a couple weeks to assess its efficacy, and noticed an increase in acne. But when I started back up, it helped alot. Great product that has worked!
    yes acne is amazing looks like a magic.. i love it...

Attachment 44581
    http://www.**********************//blog/
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.21%

Interesting, I wonder how it tastes.
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.54%

I used to have cystic acne and now my face is 100% acne free "knock on wood". here's my routine for the day, "and no, I'm not an Oxy rep, it's just what I found to work best".

1: in the shower in the morning wash my face with Oxy Maximum face wash. I let it sit on my face, but not long enough to severely dry my skin. when my skin gets super dry my skin produces MORE OIL to compensate. so maybe about 30 seconds, and then scrun with an exfoliating cloth, or wash cloth "I used to use a wash rag and it worked great, but I think my skin looks brighter when I use the exfoliating cloth".

2:after I get out of the shower and get dressed I use 1 Oxy maximum cleansing pad on my face, nothing extreme, just wipe and done "I feel like this cleans the pores that were opened by the face wash".

3: I go through the whole day without using anything else because if I do my skin will make more oil as said above.

4: before I go to bed I use another cleansing pad same as before, and then "this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART >" I use Oxy spot treatment over my WHOLE FACE. It's only meant to be used on individual pimples, but using over your whole face will kill the acne, kill the redness, kill some if not most of the oil, and keep new ones from popping up. for you I would suggest making a thick mask out of it until most of the acne is gone and then after that just apply a thin layer.

5: maybe ask the doctor for an antibiotic until it gets under control? I used Solodyn for a while and liked it a lot, but you have to do some kind of survey to make it affordable. The survey will make it around $700 cheaper. from $750>$50 or so. kind of like blackmailing you into taking the survey.

I used to use 'Duac?' prescription cream on my face, but after running out and having a break out while in a foreign country I started using the oxy spot treatment and found that it works BETTER than the prescription medicine.

I used to be a total pizza face "there was only 1 kid in the whole school with worse acne than me", I still have problems with body acne so I don't think it's my body maturing that has made the difference, I really think it's this routine that I put together after years of trial and error.
    I know how it feels when everyone looks at your face instead of looking at your eyes and it's awful. My face was covered in cystic acne, BRIGHT RED, and oily. the duac gel took care of everything except the redness, and the oxy spot treatment does a pretty good job of that "a little redder than the normal person but MUCH MUCH MUCH better than before". I know buying 3 products "and multiple packs of the spot treatment bc they're small" may seem like it's a little expensive for just a trial run but this has made my life so much better.
  35. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  144 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.85%

acc
  36. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.54%

Quote Originally Posted by jbotelho6791 View Post
    acc
    acc? the Animal Crossing Community is in no way associated with this thread sir, on that note I bid you good day.
  37. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.92%

Quote Originally Posted by nonidentity View Post
    4: before I go to bed I use another cleansing pad same as before, and then "this is the MOST IMPORTANT PART >" I use Oxy spot treatment over my WHOLE FACE. It's only meant to be used on individual pimples, but using over your whole face will kill the acne, kill the redness, kill some if not most of the oil, and keep new ones from popping up. for you I would suggest making a thick mask out of it until most of the acne is gone and then after that just apply a thin layer..
    Yep this works real well. At night, I apply a thick layer of benzoyl peroxide cream to areas that have acne, real thick, and then I'll sit, watch TV or play vids, letting it dry. I throw on a white shirt then go to bed. It gets to work all night this way and penetrates deep into the pores. As long as I keep that routine up, it seems to work really well.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.33%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nonidentity

acc? the Animal Crossing Community is in no way associated with this thread sir, on that note I bid you good day.
    Subbed
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.03%

neutrogina stuff helps me a bit. Not completely, but it does work well.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.14%

I have cystic acne. Mostly fires up with diet and stress or if Im run down. The thing about accutane is it kills cells in the Hippocampus. This is the reason I dont go back on. I did a cycle before and my short term memory is terrible since. Below is a quote from a person at acne.org.

Accutane contains 13-cis-retonoic acid which over time causes cell loss in the hippocampus, the part of the brain that helps with most cognitive short term memory. Without help from the hippocampus, new semantic memories are too weak to be intentionally recalled as a dream.So in theory, accutane would actually cause a severe loss in dream production over long periods of time exposed to the drug. Of course this is just a theory because cell loss in the hippocampus occur after months of use.The hippocampus also an important component of the limbic system which is a group of structures within the rhinencephalon of the brain that are associated with various emotions and feelings such as anger, fear, sexual arousal, pleasure, and sadness. Damage to the hippocampus by 13 cis retinoic acid causes abnormal functions in the limbic system, which causes things like impotence and most importantly depression. This is why accutane and depression are closely related.

Accutane is not a drug to play around with, it alters the the way the brain functions and can cause depression. If you notice an increase in depression or anger while on accutane consider lowering your dose. I myself am on low dose accutane 20 mg/day and this is the most i will ever go on because i do not think its worth the risk to go any higher than that.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with Acne and Back Acne
    By FatalFunnel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
  2. Problems with acne...what AAS/PH not give acne?
    By DaveMcNaul in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 10:27 PM
  3. acne, acne.org and my situation
    By purebred in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
  4. Powerfull Acne? No Acne?
    By theJmad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 01:34 AM