acne

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    I've used B5 for a few months now, and used it before a few years ago... I have seen absolute changes and improvements, but, it hasn't been able completely cure complexion issues by any means - even after months @ 10g/day. I buy by the kilo. I believe aside from the liver and severe skin-drying effects of Accutane, it is a solid short term solution.

Where has it been documented that Accutane causes that condition, and at what dosage/duration?
    sorry dont have a source other than there are commercials on tv all the time for lawyers saying Accutane has been linked to Crohns and they will sue on your behalf...
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html

2. I have just had a bad breakout recently that seemed to get worse no matter what i did. I started using a cream called Benzac AC. Its a cream that contains 10% benzoyl peroxide (this is the main ingrediant in proactive which only contains 1.5%) and cost $10. Ive been putting it on twice a day for three days and the achne is nearly gone! its cheap and effective.
    •   

3. Low dose accutane over extended periods (months) seems fairly safe and the way to go, if you keep your liver values protected and checked.

That 10% benzoyl peroxide is the only one I use. The thicker you apply it, the better. Even if it hardens a white crust overtop, it seems to work better that way. Any larger zits will immediately start to go down. If I'm at home working, etc, and I have some that are larger, I'll apply it very liberally and let it sit all day. I'll do the same at night and let it harder before I go to sleep, then wash it off in the morning. Works well.

4. Listen to Middleageguy above, Zinc is where it is at. Cleared me up, once I finally figured out what was doing it. I am afraid to go off of Zinc now so I just maintain a dosage of 15mg every other day or so. But I took 15 mg of Optizinc by Jarrow twice a day, which also includes copper so that your zinc:copper levels do not get thrown off. Optizinc is supposedly better absorbed and less likely to get blocked by other minerals than other forms of zinc. Zinc has an innate relationship with vitamin A, you can have good serum vitamin A levels supposedly; but, if you do not have enough zinc than you cannot properly utilize your vitamin A. Zinc also has other important mechanisms in terms of immunity and also digestive health.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Low dose accutane over extended periods (months) seems fairly safe and the way to go, if you keep your liver values protected and checked.

That 10% benzoyl peroxide is the only one I use. The thicker you apply it, the better. Even if it hardens a white crust overtop, it seems to work better that way. Any larger zits will immediately start to go down. If I'm at home working, etc, and I have some that are larger, I'll apply it very liberally and let it sit all day. I'll do the same at night and let it harder before I go to sleep, then wash it off in the morning. Works well.
    Good advice... also, I believe water intake it overlooked in a lot of these scenarios where so many of us (myself included in various situations) look for an herb, drug, or steroid to work the magic for us. Medicine has it's place without a doubt, but keeping stress levels in check, attaining proper hydration, and getting out into the summer sun can work some great magic.

Also, Accutane is ridiculously hard to find online... I remember the good ole' days, haha.
    •   

6. I wish I could find it online. There's only once place I know of and I don't like them much or the price.

I go to my dermatologist, he prescribes a high dose and then I just low dose it. That way I have a lot extra to last me. Well that's what I did last time when I started TRT. I've only taken it twice in my life. It's a pain getting labs monthly that way though. I kept on liver supps and I was always midrange so all was good. I respond really well to accutane. My Dr was surprised back then, especially because of the amount I was taking. They normally dose by weight, and even his high dose was on the low end for my weight.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Good advice... also, I believe water intake it overlooked in a lot of these scenarios where so many of us (myself included in various situations) look for an herb, drug, or steroid to work the magic for us. Medicine has it's place without a doubt, but keeping stress levels in check, attaining proper hydration, and getting out into the summer sun can work some great magic.

Also, Accutane is ridiculously hard to find online... I remember the good ole' days, haha.
    You know what, im going to try get some more sun and drink more water. Maybee thats my problem.

8. When u get some sun make sure you dont have any scabs or dry sin patches because you'll get some spotting. I'm currently dealing with some acne and am thinking about b5 supplementation with L-carnitine. I've read it used as a topical as well, any input on that?
    [email protected]
    http://www.facebook.com/Athleticxtreme
    Athletic Xtreme Rep

9. Anyone in here ever get dermabrasion or some sort of treatment for old scars?

When I started TRT, I got some bad cystic stuff on my back, zapped it with accutane and it's never come back, but it's left it's mark, faded but there. I want to fully remove it. I figure it happens a lot in the steroid world. How effective is this procedure and typical cost? I won't use bleaching creams, it's summer and I want to tan.

btw, talking about just old red/dark pigmentation type marks, nothing raised or sunken.

10. Update: Ordered some of NTBM's Need 2 Clear http://www.**********************/sto...anser-p80.html

Also, I was able to source bulk Accutane powder to make my own capsules/liquid for self medication. Minimum order from the lab was quite large, so, depending on shelf life, I'll be set for years.

Lastly, I will continue B5 treatment @ 10g/day, and also heard from a friend that Niacinimide works wonders when applied TOPICALLY to the site of breakouts across shoulders, chest, and even face. I don't know why B3 would be so efficacious against acne, but he swears by it and has experience using it recently to combat his cycle-induced body acne.

I wonder if B5 would work the same way when applied topically, perhaps with Phlogel which I believe is the most effective transdermal carrier on the market? I continue to wish and wish that NTBM would make their carrier available as a standalone!!

11. Quote Originally Posted by greekgeorge View Post
    SO a while ago I did hdrol, and dermacrine, during which I had my face clear up incredibly.
    I have cystic acne

During the last two weeks of pct I started to break out its been 3.5 months since and it just keeps getting worse. I have been take 200mg Docycycline 2times a day. Just started tea tree oil soap and a olive oil/cocunut moisturizer soap. I have washed my face up to 15 times a day and as little as twice, and nether seem to make a difference.

It really went crazy on x factor advanced

When I take DAA I get more acne however only slightly, I dont feel any rise in test, no extra libido, agression nothing like others describe with DAA. The only non supplement I take is ghrp6, could that be related?

all products with salylic acid (proactiv) make it worse. any suggestions?

i'm also worried about my acne...pls help...........

12. Quote Originally Posted by granicefer11 View Post
    i'm also worried about my acne...pls help...........
    B5 @ 10g/day divided in 2 doses
    Tanning if able 5x/week
    Need 2 Clear Acne Face Wash 1x/day
    Niacinimide Cream 1x/day
    Wal-Mart's Black Head Clearing Scrub 1x/day upon waking (let it sit on your face after scrubbing while you shower)
    Make sure to properly hydrate every day

DONE!

13. What works for me:

diet-
    A good multi
    Zinc
    Fish/Flax oil

Dr Bronners Castile peppermint soap for body wash
    Exfoliate Daily
    Moisturize Daily with a natural lotion

14. ok, maybe i'm an idiot but every time i try to go to NTBM website it takes me to an advertising company??? I'm interested in getting the facewash...Good info on the b5 i've read about it on other sites but not as informative as it was in this thread.

15. Acne is an issue that millions of people suffer from on a daily basis. Topical treatments are some of the most popular current treatments that are being used to today.Unfortunately, topical treatments do not work from the inside out and There are a few popular oral acne pills that are available by presciption as well. On top of that many of them come with very serious side effects.
    Acne-tame is a safe side effect free product that may help prevent acne. Acnetame combines Powerful oral ingredients to fight Acne from the inside out.

______________________________ ______________________________ ___
    NEED TO BUILD MUSCLES REPRESENTATIVE

http://www.**********************
    Attachment 43711
    http://www.needtobuildmuscle.net/blog/

16. Another thought i had last night was it seems like most acne associated with aas is from DHT conversion. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. But i'm curious if you took a DHT block as part of cycle if it would cut down on the amount of acne? Anyone have experiance in this?

17. That's only a partial problem

I get outbreaks even when DHT is low. Hormonal fluctuations cause big outbreaks. For most people, where AAS is involved... being on cycle is not the problem - sure some acne can occur, but nothing NEAR as bad as when it's time for PCT.... this is where the real nastiness happens.

I'm on TRT and continually have troubles mainly where HCG is involved. If I don't always dose things exactly the same every week, and be totally on top of things, then I get outbreaks. Right now I've stopped test and am using HCG only.. and am getting outbreaks, but my total T is lower and DHT is not high.

I'm going on another course of Accutane (not a very high dose) and my dermatologist actually recommended staying on a very low dose over time, like an ongoing treatment of 10mg accutane per day to keep it away. It's not harmful this way (much much less of a burden on the liver, etc) and it works. For people with ongoing troubles, low dose accutane is definitely the way when all else fails (which is the case for most hormonal acne, it's very stubborn)

18. ^^ Interesting. I def agree the worst time for most is when they cycle off and begining pct. I wasn't even aware that they could still prescribe accutane any more with all the recent findings on long term damage it can cause.

19. Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    ^^ Interesting. I def agree the worst time for most is when they cycle off and begining pct. I wasn't even aware that they could still prescribe accutane any more with all the recent findings on long term damage it can cause.
    There is no proof about the ulcerative colitis. There's a possible link between it being a trigger for people who have it in the family, but it's inconclusive since it doesn't seem to occur for people who dont' have a history of it.

Joints, depression, etc, are common with it. I take joint supps since the stuff dries you out, but never had depression on it. SAM-e is good for that anyhow.

20. I remember when I had family members who used Accutane that said it was "almost toxic dose of vitamin A".
    I find it interesting because vitamin A supplementation has been brought up a few times in the 3 pages of discussion.
    Mental Note.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    There is no proof about the ulcerative colitis. There's a possible link between it being a trigger for people who have it in the family, but it's inconclusive since it doesn't seem to occur for people who dont' have a history of it.

Joints, depression, etc, are common with it. I take joint supps since the stuff dries you out, but never had depression on it. SAM-e is good for that anyhow.
    I didn't know that there was proof that it caused it, i actually had a family member that did have the ulcerative colitis as a side effect at least it was linked back to it. I admittedly have not researched it.

22. For me, I've been using acne almost 2 months.. It's really helpful of my faces and my back, it's totally effective.. Now my Acne are gone.. and I have a little more acne in my back but now its going to fade and fade... I have nothing to say about this product! Its very Amazing... I love it!!

______________________________ ______________________________ ________
    NEED TO BUILD MUSCLES REPRESENTATIVE
    http://www.**********************
    Attachment 43739
    http://www.**********************/blog/
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    ok, maybe i'm an idiot but every time i try to go to NTBM website it takes me to an advertising company??? I'm interested in getting the facewash...Good info on the b5 i've read about it on other sites but not as informative as it was in this thread.
    To answer your question, NTBM is in the process of switching the store/forum to a new server. If it's not resolved yet, it should be soon. Just make sure you clear your cache/cookies and that should do the trick for you.

And all the talk about accutane makes me cringe lol. It worked, there's no doubt about that, but the sides (that I still get, 11 years later) are/were nasty.

24. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    To answer your question, NTBM is in the process of switching the store/forum to a new server. If it's not resolved yet, it should be soon. Just make sure you clear your cache/cookies and that should do the trick for you.

And all the talk about accutane makes me cringe lol. It worked, there's no doubt about that, but the sides (that I still get, 11 years later) are/were nasty.
    lol thanks man

25. Quote Originally Posted by SizeUp View Post
    I didn't know that there was proof that it caused it, i actually had a family member that did have the ulcerative colitis as a side effect at least it was linked back to it. I admittedly have not researched it.
    My Dr spoke about this, but then said it's only seemed to be an issue if it runs in the family, like accutane could trigger it - so she made sure to ask first if I have anyone in the fam with it. I know they are linked, but it seems like they are not fully certain if it is a main cause, or a trigger. I would never do high dose accutane again though.. Lower dose combined with other treatments mentioned in this thread.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of taking ultra high B5 though.. especially since the main form out there is bonded with calcium..which will just equate to hypercalcemia

26. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post

What sort of sides are you getting? I took it when I was a teen, at a fairly high dose. Then I used it for the 2nd time a couple years ago and am about to again.

27. I've been taking Acnetame for a couple weeks now and have to say that this is my first product of their's that I have tried and I really like it. It has been working well so far.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  28. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    What sort of sides are you getting? I took it when I was a teen, at a fairly high dose. Then I used it for the 2nd time a couple years ago and am about to again.
    I took it at a high dose, as well. I was 15 (sophomore year of high school), so it was 11 years ago. At the time, the only side I had was just the ridiculously dry skin, but I'll take that over acne lol. That was in the Fall, and that winter, however, is when the sides started. In the winters, randomly (not every single winter), my skin will get super dried out. It's odd. That's not the worst, though. The worst was the little tiny bumps that would show up on my palms and in between my fingers. They gave me a cream for it and it was so embarrassing when I read the label on it at age 15 and saw that it was also used for genital warts (or herpes; I can't remember which). Those, too, aren't every winter, but I got them last winter, again.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    I've been taking Acnetame for a couple weeks now and have to say that this is my first product of their's that I have tried and I really like it. It has been working well so far.
    That's awesome, man. I'm really glad to hear that. I've luckily never had an issue with acne ever since the accutane, but if I ever do, that will me my first step in trying to combat it.

29. Well usually when your test levels go up you secrete more oil thru your skin. So its nice to get some acne when ur on gear which can b a good indicator that its working. I found that cutting out all dairy and milks really helped clear up my skin. Milk is a mucus which clogs your pors up. It worked for me, Hope this helps.

30. Milk isn't a mucus, nor is it secreted through your skin and it won't clog your pores up. Dietary allergies can cause skin issues though, so it's good to cut out things that could be factors (like milk).

I've just heard back from my dermatologist and will be starting 40mg of accutane per day, then likely lowering things down for the longterm.

Going to load up on SAM-e, NAC, NA-RALA, possibly Liv.52 (have a bunch on hand). I've done this before and labs were always good. Got some trusty ursodiol on hand just in case. The dermatologist is a really great one here, and was very interested in my supplements that I use for liver support, so she documented them. Will be interesting to see her reaction to my future labs. My current labs show slightly elevated AST, but that could be due to training and also elevated RBC/hematocrit which I have, but I'm good to go on this asap.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with Acne and Back Acne
    By FatalFunnel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 02:46 PM
  2. Problems with acne...what AAS/PH not give acne?
    By DaveMcNaul in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-03-2009, 09:27 PM
  3. acne, acne.org and my situation
    By purebred in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 05:27 PM
  4. Powerfull Acne? No Acne?
    By theJmad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-05-2009, 12:34 AM