Recomp diet and Cycle - detailed

1. Registered User
    Answers

Recomp diet and Cycle - detailed

Starting a recomp on monday and getting everything together, I weight about 177 lbs now at 5'6". My maintenance cals are around 2745 according to online calculators. Not sure to put this here or in anabolics

Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites

Lunch 1: 200gram rice + 200gram chicken breast with veggies and some little sauce

Lunch 2: 200gram rice + 200gram chicken breast with veggies and some little sauce

Post work out: 2 scoops whey + 80 grams dextrose

Dinner: 4oz whole grain penne + 8oz 90% burger

Before bed: musclemilk

That comes out to about 2867 cals 334 grams carbs, 251 grams protein, 62 grams fat.

plan to lift 4-5 days and do cardio 5-6 days

My cycle is (cycle support 4 hours after PHs, SERM PCT)

Hdrol 50/75/75/75/75/75
    Furuza 0/0/250/250/250/250
    11 oxo: 0/0/0/0/0/500/1000/1000/1000

I think I need more protein, and cals in general to gain some muscle while losing fat, any recommendations? I was also unsure about the dextrose but decided to go the insulin spike route. Hows this all look?

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

That's more than enough protein to cover any mass gains. You should probably add more healthy fats in terms of natural peanut butter, almonds, walnut, pecans. And I don't think you should go any higher on calories to start.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    That's more than enough protein to cover any mass gains. You should probably add more healthy fats in terms of natural peanut butter, almonds, walnut, pecans. And I don't think you should go any higher on calories to start.
    I love almonds and natty pb, just not sure where to put them in. I know its a small thing. I have been big on whole wheat toast with natty PB in the past.

I will add almonds in with my rice/chicken stir fry meals for sure
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Add some to the oatmeal, and have some with the muscle milk before bed.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Registered User
    Answers

I added 1 serving of natty PB too both my before bed shake and breakfast, then 1 serving of almonds to both my lunch meals.

That brings my cals to around 3607, 40% carbs, 30% protien, 30% fat. Is that too much fat for my recomp goals?
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

That's not too much fat but probably is too much in total calories. Maybe clip the carbs by a bit
    This space for rent

7. Registered User
    Answers

id drop like 100-150g carbs and replace its with more fat. otherwise you may see yourself adding a little more fat then youd like on a recomp./
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ssbackwards View Post
    id drop like 100-150g carbs and replace its with more fat. otherwise you may see yourself adding a little more fat then youd like on a recomp./
    I agree on dropping the carbs, so I lowered my two rice dishes to 150grams and my whole grain penne to 3 oz, that lowers my calories to 3394 (312C, 271P, 123F)

I'm worried about losing to much because I will being cardio almost 5-6 days a week and lifting 3-5 days a week and that burns a good amount of cals.

Should I reduce or eliminate my dextrose and insulin spike? I think using it will be very beneficial to preserving muscle and making sure the protein is quickly transported to where it needs to be post workout.

If its helpful I can upload my revised diet with the reductions in rice/pasta and increases in natty pb and almonds
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Drop the dextrose, if your really want to do it for whatever illogical reason, do about 20g post-wo as it will be plenty enough, 80g of refined nutrientless sugar is a bit much. Also you could use more veggies and fruit overall.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Drop the dextrose, if your really want to do it for whatever illogical reason, do about 20g post-wo as it will be plenty enough, 80g of refined nutrientless sugar is a bit much. Also you could use more veggies and fruit overall.
    Why do you think the dextrose is a bad/illogical idea?

Sorry I did not mention that I am using a veggie blend with my rice and chicken meals, a good amount. Dont have exact measurement yet but about a cup of veggies each time.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Id like to see you eating more veggies and fruit above 2 cups a day. But only because your body will refill glycogen within 24 hrs and so you will be fine. Also carbs arnt needed to spike protein synthesis. They are empty calories, a piece of fruit with your whey will be just as good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Diet advice for upcoming recomp PH cycle
    By JayRock in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2010, 05:19 PM
  2. Recomp Cycle and diet
    By mcgeier in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2009, 01:34 AM
  3. Detailed Diet Plan - Please Give Input
    By kraftkid in forum Weight Loss