Recomp diet and Cycle - detailed

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Starting a recomp on monday and getting everything together, I weight about 177 lbs now at 5'6". My maintenance cals are around 2745 according to online calculators. Not sure to put this here or in anabolics

Breakfast: 1 cup oatmeal, 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites

Lunch 1: 200gram rice + 200gram chicken breast with veggies and some little sauce

Lunch 2: 200gram rice + 200gram chicken breast with veggies and some little sauce

Post work out: 2 scoops whey + 80 grams dextrose

Dinner: 4oz whole grain penne + 8oz 90% burger

Before bed: musclemilk

That comes out to about 2867 cals 334 grams carbs, 251 grams protein, 62 grams fat.

plan to lift 4-5 days and do cardio 5-6 days

My cycle is (cycle support 4 hours after PHs, SERM PCT)

Hdrol 50/75/75/75/75/75
Furuza 0/0/250/250/250/250
11 oxo: 0/0/0/0/0/500/1000/1000/1000

I think I need more protein, and cals in general to gain some muscle while losing fat, any recommendations? I was also unsure about the dextrose but decided to go the insulin spike route. Hows this all look?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's more than enough protein to cover any mass gains. You should probably add more healthy fats in terms of natural peanut butter, almonds, walnut, pecans. And I don't think you should go any higher on calories to start.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
That's more than enough protein to cover any mass gains. You should probably add more healthy fats in terms of natural peanut butter, almonds, walnut, pecans. And I don't think you should go any higher on calories to start.
I love almonds and natty pb, just not sure where to put them in. I know its a small thing. I have been big on whole wheat toast with natty PB in the past.

I will add almonds in with my rice/chicken stir fry meals for sure

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Add some to the oatmeal, and have some with the muscle milk before bed.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I added 1 serving of natty PB too both my before bed shake and breakfast, then 1 serving of almonds to both my lunch meals.

That brings my cals to around 3607, 40% carbs, 30% protien, 30% fat. Is that too much fat for my recomp goals?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's not too much fat but probably is too much in total calories. Maybe clip the carbs by a bit

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
id drop like 100-150g carbs and replace its with more fat. otherwise you may see yourself adding a little more fat then youd like on a recomp./

EArch

Awards
  • Established
id drop like 100-150g carbs and replace its with more fat. otherwise you may see yourself adding a little more fat then youd like on a recomp./
I agree on dropping the carbs, so I lowered my two rice dishes to 150grams and my whole grain penne to 3 oz, that lowers my calories to 3394 (312C, 271P, 123F)

I'm worried about losing to much because I will being cardio almost 5-6 days a week and lifting 3-5 days a week and that burns a good amount of cals.

Should I reduce or eliminate my dextrose and insulin spike? I think using it will be very beneficial to preserving muscle and making sure the protein is quickly transported to where it needs to be post workout.

If its helpful I can upload my revised diet with the reductions in rice/pasta and increases in natty pb and almonds

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Drop the dextrose, if your really want to do it for whatever illogical reason, do about 20g post-wo as it will be plenty enough, 80g of refined nutrientless sugar is a bit much. Also you could use more veggies and fruit overall.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Drop the dextrose, if your really want to do it for whatever illogical reason, do about 20g post-wo as it will be plenty enough, 80g of refined nutrientless sugar is a bit much. Also you could use more veggies and fruit overall.
Why do you think the dextrose is a bad/illogical idea?

Sorry I did not mention that I am using a veggie blend with my rice and chicken meals, a good amount. Dont have exact measurement yet but about a cup of veggies each time.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id like to see you eating more veggies and fruit above 2 cups a day. But only because your body will refill glycogen within 24 hrs and so you will be fine. Also carbs arnt needed to spike protein synthesis. They are empty calories, a piece of fruit with your whey will be just as good.