The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 7 of 104 First ... 25678912 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Blacktail's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  238 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    372
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    88.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRock View Post
    Your body DOES adjust to training fasted. Most of it is mental. It just takes a little time. I just burnt 775 calories flipping a tractor tire, doing box jumps, swinging my sledge hammer and all kinds of other crap for 35 minutes this morning and now I'm enjoying some delicious nonfat sherbet ice cream. Take THAT, dieters!
    I think it's dependent on your workload. I burn between 6-8k at work per day. The hard part is keeping strength up high whist losing bf and keeping as much muscle on as possible. I have done the fasting part for a good run and it just does not work for me for my current type of work. I lacked strength and endurance throughout the work day and my work outs suffered. It obviously works for people who burn a normal amount of calories though.

  2. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39387
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    59.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    I think it's dependent on your workload. I burn between 6-8k at work per day. The hard part is keeping strength up high whist losing bf and keeping as much muscle on as possible. I have done the fasting part for a good run and it just does not work for me for my current type of work. I lacked strength and endurance throughout the work day and my work outs suffered. It obviously works for people who burn a normal amount of calories though.
    Wait, so given that figure and your weight, you would need to take in a minimum of 9,000 calories per day to gain weight without any additional lifting or exercise?

    (6000k @ work; ~3000k resting metabolic rate @ 235)
  3. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    That is a lot of grub!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Wait, so given that figure and your weight, you would need to take in a minimum of 9,000 calories per day to gain weight without any additional lifting or exercise?

    (6000k @ work; ~3000k resting metabolic rate @ 235)
    2nd job is eating!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  5. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989351
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Wait, so given that figure and your weight, you would need to take in a minimum of 9,000 calories per day to gain weight without any additional lifting or exercise?

    (6000k @ work; ~3000k resting metabolic rate @ 235)
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  6. Professional Member
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,813
    Rep Power
    8931
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    89.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    IM undertaking this diet tomorrow. I ate my last snack at 9:30pm

    going to do this routine

    pre workout meal (30% of all calories soo about 1k cals)
    lift/cardio
    eat again
    eat again
    eat again
    fast and repeat

    im going to be carb cycling as im cutting, with only 100g carbs in the mix for 5 days then upping carbs to 250 for a day and back down.....should be fun!
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  7. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    IM undertaking this diet tomorrow. I ate my last snack at 9:30pm

    going to do this routine

    pre workout meal (30% of all calories soo about 1k cals)
    lift/cardio
    eat again
    eat again
    eat again
    fast and repeat

    im going to be carb cycling as im cutting, with only 100g carbs in the mix for 5 days then upping carbs to 250 for a day and back down.....should be fun!
    Give it hell Schwell!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  8. New Member
    grippo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    172
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    73.44%

    I'm in, started IF Sunday night/Monday morning. Like you guys said, it gets easier every day, if I get hungry at work, I just go find something to keep me busy. Need to get an idea of my calorie intake, but this seems to suffice right now.

    Here's my typical schedule (MON-FRI)
    6am wakeup, drink coffee
    7am sprints
    8am work (at a gym)
    3pm take pre w/o (White Flood)
    5pm post w/o: WW bagel, eggs, protein shake, some fruit
    6pm dinner: meat/veggies (as much as I can eat) and some complex carbs
    8pm dinner#2: meat/fruit/PB
    10pm dessert: low-fat ice cream or protein pudding
    11pm protein shake before bed

    I plan to be a little looser on weekends, throw in some pizza and all that, but cut back 200-300 total calories.

    Currently @ 225 & 12.4% BF, looking to drop BF but keep as much mass as possible, I know I'll lose some.

    Oh yeah, just coming off a SD/Havoc/Orastan-E cycle.

    Any comments/suggestions? You guys are the experts! Thanks
  9. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    I'm in, started IF Sunday night/Monday morning. Like you guys said, it gets easier every day, if I get hungry at work, I just go find something to keep me busy. Need to get an idea of my calorie intake, but this seems to suffice right now.

    Here's my typical schedule (MON-FRI)
    6am wakeup, drink coffee
    7am sprints
    8am work (at a gym)
    3pm take pre w/o (White Flood)
    5pm post w/o: WW bagel, eggs, protein shake, some fruit
    6pm dinner: meat/veggies (as much as I can eat) and some complex carbs
    8pm dinner#2: meat/fruit/PB
    10pm dessert: low-fat ice cream or protein pudding
    11pm protein shake before bed

    I plan to be a little looser on weekends, throw in some pizza and all that, but cut back 200-300 total calories.

    Currently @ 225 & 12.4% BF, looking to drop BF but keep as much mass as possible, I know I'll lose some.

    Oh yeah, just coming off a SD/Havoc/Orastan-E cycle.

    Any comments/suggestions? You guys are the experts! Thanks

    When did you come off the cycle? You aren't trying to cut weight in PCT or right after are you? If so you will lose some muscle mass. However if not then you should not lose any muscle unless grossly underfeeding yourself.

    If just off of PCT or in PCT then go with a recomp strategy. Maintenance calories -20% on non training days and +20% on Weight training days. You will be surprised how well you lean up like that while not losing and often gaining LBM.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  10. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989351
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    23.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    IM undertaking this diet tomorrow. I ate my last snack at 9:30pm

    going to do this routine

    pre workout meal (30% of all calories soo about 1k cals)
    lift/cardio
    eat again
    eat again
    eat again
    fast and repeat

    im going to be carb cycling as im cutting, with only 100g carbs in the mix for 5 days then upping carbs to 250 for a day and back down.....should be fun!
    Good to see you taking the IF plunge Schwell!! Its the in thing right now for good reason and more and more people are learning the benefits to the lean gains method of dieting!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  11. New Member
    kyoryoko's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

    I like this style of eating for the life extension and cell sparing effects (could all be mental, but I agree with it). With that said I can eat about 1kg (2.2lbs) of steak in a sitting EASY. So when I need to bulk I can do this quite easily. I've also eaten 4 chicken breasts and 4 cups of rice in one sitting as well. But now i'm on a cut... ; ;

    The hunger pains kinda go away and after a while your body kinda figures out how to deal with it. I actually like it. The only problem I have is dosing my multi, Orange Triad. The label says to take it twice a day with meals 12hrs apart... I've actually just cut it down to once a day. I do take in about 2lbs of veggies a day, so hopefully with just half of my multi I'm getting a sufficient amount of vitamins ?
  12. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I am sure you are and honestly with that many veggies you probably don't need a multi... I need a multi because I am slightly veggie deficient. I only get in about 2-3 servings a day most days. Some day none and some a lot but really not too much in general.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  13. New Member
    kyoryoko's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

    Thanks~! Repped.
    I basically eat paleo for the anti inflammatory benefits. I've never responded well to carbs, but meat... meat is like heaven. If japan had grass fed meats... more organic things I'd be in better condition but oh well. haha.
  14. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kyoryoko View Post
    Thanks~! Repped.
    I basically eat paleo for the anti inflammatory benefits. I've never responded well to carbs, but meat... meat is like heaven. If japan had grass fed meats... more organic things I'd be in better condition but oh well. haha.
    Yeah Paleo is no punk. I like having more freedom in my diet and do lean gains partially for the ability to eat foods I never could on a cut or recomp. I gradually will hone it down farther and farther and will end up almost paleo but it is a process. Or I may just keep on enjoying myself and the benefits I am getting as well as the freedom which to me sounds more appealing since no digestive issues from carbs as of yet.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  15. Elite Member
    oufinny's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,947
    Rep Power
    177788
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    59.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah Paleo is no punk. I like having more freedom in my diet and do lean gains partially for the ability to eat foods I never could on a cut or recomp. I gradually will hone it down farther and farther and will end up almost paleo but it is a process. Or I may just keep on enjoying myself and the benefits I am getting as well as the freedom which to me sounds more appealing since no digestive issues from carbs as of yet.
    Carbs are too good to for go them, I am pretty much ok with paleo for when you aren't doing something like lean gains, but I would rather have carbs in my life. Yeah, I once said otherwise but not ever touching pizza or pasta, can't do that!
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  16. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39387
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    59.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Carbs are too good to for go them, I am pretty much ok with paleo for when you aren't doing something like lean gains, but I would rather have carbs in my life. Yeah, I once said otherwise but not ever touching pizza or pasta, can't do that!
    I too love to touch pizza and pasta.
  17. New Member
    kyoryoko's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    122
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    56.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I too love to touch pizza and pasta.

    I'm okay with the touching, just not putting it down the hole lol.
    Believe me though.. I can get in 10k+ cals eating only meats . Lean meat.... maybe not, but a 40oz sirloin steak is easily done for dinner haha.
  18. New Member
    grippo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Age
    32
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    172
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    73.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    When did you come off the cycle? You aren't trying to cut weight in PCT or right after are you? If so you will lose some muscle mass. However if not then you should not lose any muscle unless grossly underfeeding yourself.

    If just off of PCT or in PCT then go with a recomp strategy. Maintenance calories -20% on non training days and +20% on Weight training days. You will be surprised how well you lean up like that while not losing and often gaining LBM.
    I'm on my last week, so coming off this weekend. Gained 10 lbs while cutting about 2% BF. I ate mostly paleo through the cycle, so I plan on sticking to that and adding some good carbs here at the end and PCT. The +/- 20% sounds like a good idea too.

    I am looking to do IF as long as possible and wanted to try it PCT to see how much mass I could actually keep, even if I lose most of what I gained, I'll still be leaner, which is the goal right now. Really want to prove a lot of skeptics wrong about IF causing muscle loss.

    Otherwise, it fits my lifestyle and I love to eat a couple big meals instead of 5-6 small meals. Fasted sprints and training has been great, lifts are still going up and the day goes by quickly when I'm not thinking about food. Work flies by, then I workout followed by my reward! Can't beat it.

    I'll update on my weight/BF during PCT.
  19. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Sounds awesome! Yeah I don't think you will lose any muscle mass you weren't going to in the first place. It is really hard to guage tho coming into PCT from a cycle and changing the diet. However DreamWeaver did it and has been dropping weight and recomping very well.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  20. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    a quarter after 11 today and i'm not feeling too bad about the hunger, thank god the adaptation started already
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  21. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,568
    Rep Power
    737260
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Sounds awesome! Yeah I don't think you will lose any muscle mass you weren't going to in the first place. It is really hard to guage tho coming into PCT from a cycle and changing the diet. However DreamWeaver did it and has been dropping weight and recomping very well.
    Remember though I was on a very mild cycle and was down to about 2000 cals ed on cycle.. Going to an average of 2650 cals ed was a significant increase in intake... plus I did 4 hours per week less cardio. Which makes what happened at first pretty crazy as I dropped about 1.5-2 % in the first 10 days. Now I am gaining size, still in PCT but granted I never felt shut down at all. I feel more on now than I did on cycle. Crap I feel more on and I am 45 minutes from breaking fast... I think the Osta is really kicked in.. and synergistic with my herbal stack of swole plus erase, but lean gains is a big part of the whole picture..
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  22. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    a quarter after 11 today and i'm not feeling too bad about the hunger, thank god the adaptation started already
    I've been on LG for a couple more weeks then you (though you're more accustomed to the eating style), and I am just now today not feeling too hungry at 11:30. It has taken me a while to adjust, and I'm not sure if this will last, or if it's because I ate >4K cal yesterday...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    yeah, for me though it was going the last 5 hours of the day without eating. Particularly on days where I workout from 7-8am its rough to not eat till after 12. But today not bad.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  24. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,568
    Rep Power
    737260
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    64.39%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I've been on LG for a couple more weeks then you (though you're more accustomed to the eating style), and I am just now today not feeling too hungry at 11:30. It has taken me a while to adjust, and I'm not sure if this will last, or if it's because I ate >4K cal yesterday...
    This is a tough regime for your body type I think, you will probably get hungrier easier.. I don't know what adjustments could be made but yay think bigger eating is a good idea in your case, maybe you will adapt. I think you're the most interesting case study for me. I really don't know how to advise people who have faster metabolic rates...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  25. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yeah, for me though it was going the last 5 hours of the day without eating. Particularly on days where I workout from 7-8am its rough to not eat till after 12. But today not bad.
    That's the one that's killer for me, the post-workout meal! I'll work out 6AM, be at work 8AM, and have to wait until 12-1PM to eat. BCAA only does so much.

    Yesterday was really rough, Deadlifts!!! My stomach was growling, loudly, around 10AM. Not fun waiting it out till 1PM...


    BTW, I've been using SizeOn Max in the morning during my "fasted" workouts. I know it's not "fasted" then, but I'm running a log and, well, I love SizeOn Max and have a tub to use! I'm wondering how that all affects the IF portion, since it's 180 calories, 39g carbs and 7g protein. So maybe I'm not getting the full benefits of IF/LG with this setup?

    After the log, I was thinking of switching to SizeOn Pre-Contest, that's 50 cal with 10g protein and 2g carbs. Would that work, or do you think I am going to miss the benefits of IF/LG?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  26. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778049
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    well, fasted is fasted. 5 calories probably won't reduce the fasting, but i'd have to think that 180 calores would
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  27. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    well, fasted is fasted. 5 calories probably won't reduce the fasting, but i'd have to think that 180 calores would
    I'd agree, especially since it contains 39g of fast carbs. I'm just not sure how it affects the rest of the fasting cycle. I'm wondering if I miss out on the goodness of IF completely or just marginally since it should clear my system pretty quickly intra-workout...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  28. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    I would go with marginally, I can tell you for sure that your Size On is what is causing your insatiable hunger after your workouts. Once you complete the bottle you will notice a big difference in you rhunger levels. That is a big insulin spike causing your blood sugar to fluctuate. Then your blood sugar drops and we all know that the muscles WILL NOT release their stores of glycogen for to be used as blood sugar. SO then the body sends a signal to the liver saying HEY, I need some blood sugar. Release it now. BAM another insulin spike, muscles take up that glycogen quickly. Low blood sugar again, body sends liver a message again, release glycogen now. Liver says I just gave you what I have to give, and haven't had any chance to replenish my stores. Sorry no glycogen for you now. Low Blood Sugar causing hunger throughout the rest of the fast... DAMN!!!!

    As far as a fast goes some where either on LG site or another IF site was a posting that basically stated that anything under 50 calories should not break the fasting process regarding the hormonal state of fasting. 180 cals and most from carbs is definitely breaking the fast. Insulin levels are what really breaks the fast hormonally. However I honestly doubt you are experiencing much of a disruption, and other than that insulin release causing you excess hunger I don't think you are losing much except a little bit of fat burning ability during the fast.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  29. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36686
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    That's a talkative liver I've got!


    By the way, thanks for the assessment! I figured it was a minimal impact, but wasn't sure. Still not, but I feel better about it at least!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  30. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Lol, pizza. I eat half a large, meaty pizza (beef, sausage, ham) on a regular basis after a leg workout while dieting. Even then I still wake up the next day as lean or leaner. Not giving that up!

    On the subject of IF, just started an IF diet today! Pretty excited. It's nice as it's an off day, so it was easier to calculate my diet for then. It looks like my diet before was set at 3000 cals every day, and that's while I was recomping/cutting (when I'm maintaining or gaining I usually eat 3500-3700). For off days, I'll be eating around 2170 cals, which is a pretty steep deficit I know. But basically I start with a chicken salad, protein shake (46g protein), and natty peanut butter. Next meal will be like a breakfast, with 5 omega3 eggs, turkey sausage, and a big glass of milk (2 cups). Final meal will be grilled salmon, fruit, and cottage cheese (or I may wait on the cottage cheese till 8). I will also drink another protein shake after cardio today (I always lift or do cardio), though it's just an LISS cardio day.

    I haven't figured out my diet for workout days ... it looks like it might be a little tough to get in all the protein (350g). I was shooting for a 40/40/20 pro/carb/fat ratio, but I may end up making it more isocaloric instead. We'll see.
  31. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    That's a talkative liver I've got!
    I updated that post above not sure if you saw the second part. Yeah your liver is a chatty bastard.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  32. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39387
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    59.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I'd agree, especially since it contains 39g of fast carbs. I'm just not sure how it affects the rest of the fasting cycle. I'm wondering if I miss out on the goodness of IF completely or just marginally since it should clear my system pretty quickly intra-workout...
    I agree with Kleen; those carbs could be making you hungry before you otherwise would be, especially given the fact that are essentially simple sugars. 180 calories would definitely disrupt the processes that occur during a fast as well, but if it works for you then it works for you! The hunger issue is most likely related to the carbs though.

    I just saw a study a few weeks ago indicated that compared the hunger of individuals eating meals containing either F/P or F/P/C. The group ingesting significant carbs along with fat and protein were consistently hungrier for their next meals in comparison to the the group ingesting only fat and protein.
  33. New Member
    Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    144
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    75.6%

    the insulin spikes are pretty obvious.

    So dependending in your WO shecdule, i will use or not carbs Pre and intra training.

    Even when i'm very low, near 100g carbs i will use 50carbs drink with Leucine + another amino's and sip half the drink before the workout and another half in the middle of it.

    Never felt any insulin spikes, even i'm comming from a fasting state.

    You will benifit a lot from the fast during the 16h you don't eat nothing + almost 4-6 hours with only one meal based on veggies + fat + protein source.

    Even martin, has change a little the idea of trainning only fasted.

    If you like fasted training? Wake up every morning and do some Push ups/Dips, Jump Squat / lunges, Pull ups /chins and then go fasted for after and do what you normally do. Or instead alternate between these and some moderate cardio.

    This schedule very well for me working out at end of the day. Why? I give a boost that take 10-15 min in the morning, or 45-60 if is cardio day, and then benifit of the carb drink for the weight lifting.

    Hope to help with my small feedback Cheers
  34. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    the insulin spikes are pretty obvious.

    So dependending in your WO shecdule, i will use or not carbs Pre and intra training.

    Even when i'm very low, near 100g carbs i will use 50carbs drink with Leucine + another amino's and sip half the drink before the workout and another half in the middle of it.

    Never felt any insulin spikes, even i'm comming from a fasting state.

    You will benifit a lot from the fast during the 16h you don't eat nothing + almost 4-6 hours with only one meal based on veggies + fat + protein source.

    Even martin, has change a little the idea of trainning only fasted.

    If you like fasted training? Wake up every morning and do some Push ups/Dips, Jump Squat / lunges, Pull ups /chins and then go fasted for after and do what you normally do. Or instead alternate between these and some moderate cardio.

    This schedule very well for me working out at end of the day. Why? I give a boost that take 10-15 min in the morning, or 45-60 if is cardio day, and then benifit of the carb drink for the weight lifting.

    Hope to help with my small feedback Cheers
    When you say you don't feel an insulin spike do you mean you don't get low blood sugar? I have never felt an insulin spike but I have felt the results of one whether that be mymuscle engorged with nutrients or low blood sugar. The low bloog sugar would come into play if coming from a fasted state abruptly into a fed state with the shot of carb then not supplying any further carbs for the body to continue to use from blood sugar. So I have to ask when you say you have those carbs pre and intra are you following training with a feeding or going right back into a fasted state as Milas is?

    When you do the calisthenics in the morning do you also have pre and intra then and then fast until your pre workout meal or post workout meal depending on schedule?

    Just trying to put all the peices together.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  35. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,928
    Rep Power
    4672979
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    35.79%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Also to be fair this is not just a Lean Gain thread but the majority of it is. However other IF protocols like The Warrior Diet for muscle building recommends a small meal post workout if you train in the AM, then wait to eat until later in the evening and have the really big meal. In which case Milas that is an option you could do while still using the Size On. Just add some meat or protein to the consumption of the Size On. With what I know regarding hormones, metabolism and catabolism now I understand that this is not needed but it may help to satiate you while you honor your agreement to run the log.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  36. New Member
    swaneon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    585
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    86.57%

    ive been doing IF for about 8 months now--love it
  37. Professional Member
    JoHNnyNuTZ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,576
    Rep Power
    285446
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    5.93%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So far so good. Started monday. Its crazy for the first time in my life I GET the idea of food for energy, not just to eat.

    RECOVERBRO


  38. New Member
    raptor20561's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    91
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    24.34%

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yeah, for me though it was going the last 5 hours of the day without eating. Particularly on days where I workout from 7-8am its rough to not eat till after 12. But today not bad.

    10g BCAAs and 12oz of water does a world of wonder for this. I mix the 10g with the least amount of water possible (dont like the taste), pound it and then pound the water. It actually makes me feel full within 10 minutes.
  39. New Member
    raptor20561's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    91
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    24.34%

    Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    So far so good. Started monday. Its crazy for the first time in my life I GET the idea of food for energy, not just to eat.


    Amen! Now if only I can convince my family and girlfriend of the same thing...

    I feel that too many people are addicted to food! They eat food for the taste and pleasure of the food and the act of eating; that is not good! We have taste buds to distinguish which foods are good and which are going to kill us. Dangerous foods in nature are usually bitter and sweet foods are loaded with carbs which we desperately needed in nature before society provided fast food and grocery stores. Same idea with fats; they taste good because our bodies really needed them when we lived in the wild because we never knew when our next meal was and therefore lived off of our fat stores for many hours at a time.

    Don't get me wrong though, I love candy. But that doesn't mean I have to eat it more than a once every few weeks (and usually when I'm blazed )
  40. Professional Member
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141051
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    99.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    This diet should be renamed intermittent facestuffing. Good god, and this was a low cals day for me. It might be a little rough tomorrow when I lift to do 3.3k cals in an 8 hour window.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 07:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:31 PM
  4. T1-PRO vs. One for Lean Gains..
    By skumster225 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in