The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 28 of 104 First ... 23262728293033 ... Last
  1. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    This gives me an idea! I wanna bake a thin layer of pumpkin pie right on top of the cheesecake
    Yep, I do layered cakes, they work out well. Just pour in half, then mix in whatever else you want in the other, and pour it on top. It looks fancy too!

I may try that and do a "Strawberries and Cream" or maybe a "Chocolate Banana" or "Chocolate Peanut Butter"...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Yep, I do layered cakes, they work out well. Just pour in half, then mix in whatever else you want in the other, and pour it on top. It looks fancy too!

I may try that and do a "Strawberries and Cream" or maybe a "Chocolate Banana" or "Chocolate Peanut Butter"...
    Im liking the creativity with the LN Cheesecakes. Are these new creations following the path of the calorie conscious...or all out bulk mode?

Cleared my in-box btw...sorry guys
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post

Now I'm gonna be starving thru my fasted period!

Choco PB sounds awesome! I might try a coconut custard or banana creme topped one as well.
    :blindfold:
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Im liking the creativity with the LN Cheesecakes. Are these new creations following the path of the calorie conscious...or all out bulk mode?

Both, I've used on contest prep and for lean bulking without problems (helped keep my sanity during prep!). It's all about calorie/macro manipulation, and it's pretty easy to get this to fit into my macros.

I'm also thinking about using Almond Milk instead of low carb milk, and see how that goes. I just like to experiment!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post

I would only do enough to flavor it but for a cheesecake mastery, i would go all out.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Milas
    I slice it and put them in gladlock then put them in the freezer. When I want a slice I just pull one out, they defrost fast.
    Good idea Milas. I will give that a try.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

I was so close to using chocolate almond silk in mine, but since it was my first run I figured Id stay true to the original
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I've got to make some of that cheesecake this week. On another note I've got a question for you guys. I am currently doing 3x a week weightlifting with the recomp schedule of +-20%. I really want to know what 3x a week routine you guys recommend or like more than others. Thanks.
  9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    I've got to make some of that cheesecake this week. On another note I've got a question for you guys. I am currently doing 3x a week weightlifting with the recomp schedule of +-20%. I really want to know what 3x a week routine you guys recommend or like more than others. Thanks.
    how old are you and how's your recovery? I'd say if you are under 30, then DC would fit really well into that. Over 30 and recovery starts getting crappier for DC
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

how old are you and how's your recovery? I'd say if you are under 30, then DC would fit really well into that. Over 30 and recovery starts getting crappier for DC
    I'm 26. Recovery seems good except leg days kill me for a week but I beat them to death so it's understandable. I will have to look more into dc. Thanks a lot.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I vote for DC too, it's a great routine to try.
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I might try that cheesecake with UP2 lemon cream pie protein.
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Just do the DC for old bastards routine..

Or go from RP to straight sets.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    I'm 26. Recovery seems good except leg days kill me for a week but I beat them to death so it's understandable. I will have to look more into dc. Thanks a lot.
    STRSTD.COM you can get a personalized 4 week 5/3/1 program from this site. Check out the Dave Tate's periodization Bible routine.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jrw
    I have been reading this thread and implemented IF a while back. Just a few questions, I didn't see the answers in all the pages I have read.

1. Can you run Epi/Katana while on IF/LG with great success? Or does fasting while taking PH's decrease effectiveness?

2. Does drinking diet soft drinks during fasting periods affect the fast?
    If you are wondering if PHs work well doing IF/Lean gains just check out my log. Basicly maintained the same weight for 6 weeks and cut up pretty well. A very successful recomp.
    Recoverbro Elite
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

that's good to know. Not ready for a PH yet, but at least I know I have a shot at using a t-booster effectively on LG / IF
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

And one a day wouldn't b cheap, there expensive to make
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Ok this may be a dumb question but what are the effects of following the 16/8 hr protocol at the same calorie and macro breakdown every day instead of the variation style?
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas
    Ok this may be a dumb question but what are the effects of following the 16/8 hr protocol at the same calorie and macro breakdown every day instead of the variation style?
    Its all about using insulin sensitivity to your advantage when breaking fast and reaping the benefits of your body's own natural nutrient partitioning....in a nutshell
    Recoverbro Elite
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

trick your body make it work for you!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bolanrox View Post
    trick your body make it work for you!
    More like allowing your body to work as it should no tricks involved. We tricked our bodies when we became civilized learned to irrigate and farm, food was no longer sparse at times, and people often out too regularly all of the sudden. What other animal do we know other than domesticated ones that eat regularly with no need to hunt or forage?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73
    More like allowing your body to work as it should no tricks involved. We tricked our bodies when we became civilized learned to irrigate and farm, food was no longer sparse at times, and people often out too regularly all of the sudden. What other animal do we know other than domesticated ones that eat regularly with no need to hunt or forage?
    That is a great way of putting it right there!
    Recoverbro Elite
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    So... a good way for me to train and get lean would be to dislocate myself in the woods for a few months with only a knife and spear and a way to make fire to cook of course and just hunt and gather food all day long? I can call it, "The Hunter's Diet"
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    So... a good way for me to train and get lean would be to dislocate myself in the woods for a few months with only a knife and spear and a way to make fire to cook of course and just hunt and gather food all day long? I can call it, "The Hunter's Diet"
    LOL Good idea if this physique is your goal...

25. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

don't forget to drink your own urine

Name:  bear_grylls_meme_by_spyrosis-d30q9b0.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  102.5 KB
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Answers

do we even what to know how that would fit into your daily macros?
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

I was thinking more of Manny Puig...

www.finaflex.com
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Fortunatley I'm still not civilized....
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Seeing that this thread has well over 1000 posts and Im far too impatient to read them all Im gonna ask a kind of dumb question that Im sure has already been asked here. So please take it easy if you flame me.

My question is would an IF diet be a good idea on an Hdrol cutting cycle??? Cause Im planning one to start very soon and IF seems to be extremely effective if followed properly.

Thanks
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheBreeze View Post
    Seeing that this thread has well over 1000 posts and Im far too impatient to read them all Im gonna ask a kind of dumb question that Im sure has already been asked here. So please take it easy if you flame me.

My question is would an IF diet be a good idea on an Hdrol cutting cycle??? Cause Im planning one to start very soon and IF seems to be extremely effective if followed properly.

Thanks
    Breeze, I am not the expert here on IF, but Kleen seems to be our resident Guru with Lean Gains & IF. But, from what I know about it, yes, it can be used to do just about anything you are looking to do, just have to adjust the calories/Macros appropriately to make it fit your goal and you are good to go! I can't wait to give it a try to be honest with you, I am very much looking forward to it, when I do it, I'm going to be using it as more of a maintenance diet/lifestyle change in the way I eat all together!
    www.finaflex.com
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Answers

Thanks
    Sounds good Doc, The LG Protocol is versatile. I would say the type of PH does not matter, if the goal is to cut adjust the macros/cals to the goal. I have definitely found the sweet spot for my recomp, man I'm loving me some Lean Gains.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheBreeze

Thanks
    Just got done with a run of Helladrol (hdrol clone) and it was very successful for me using IF. I stayed the same weight from start to finish and dropped 2-3% bodyfat after 6 weeks. I couldn't have asked for a better recomp, so yes it works!!
    Recoverbro Elite
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

As long as it is not an over hunted area sure! However I would recommend some log lifting as well as learning to drag the heavy carcasses of dead animals back to your campsite then up a tree to keep them away from other predators. I don't think any of the paleo guys were into bodybuilding so you would need to add in some training to cause muscle growth but just to be lean and athletically muscular I think you have a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    LOL Good idea if this physique is your goal...

I bet he can run farther faster, as well as carry a percentage of his weight longer than most of us even though he doesn't have a bunch of muscle. That and he is definitely older than most of us. Compare him to your average 60 year old American... I know it was a joke but still don't let the skinny old man fool you he has strengths, and conditioning we wouldn't imagine just by looking at a picture.

I was thinking more of Manny Puig...

This is more along the lines of what sprinting, cutting, chopping, carrying prey, building your own shelters might produce.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Fortunatley I'm still not civilized....
    AMEN!

Thanks
    Good nutrition is good no matter what cycle you are running. Everyone seems to think somehow other than increasing protein intake there is a special way to eat on cycle. Why is that? You want to gain you eat more calories on cycle you want to lose fat you eat less calories on cycle. You keep protein higher you get more protein synthesis. Nothing changes that. This just makes it easier to do and more efficient to get the same benefits in many cases. There are many hormonal and health benefits to Intermittent Fasting but it still comes down to your personal macros sweet spots and calories / calories out. Not flaming you at all but some seem to think LeanGains or IF in general is in some way magical. It is not it take natural hormonal patterns and reactions to food into account for the fasting and feeding periods making it easier for me and many others to recomp.

To simplify this as best I can it is still a bulk / cut philosophy. You bulk on lift days and you cut on rest / cardio days. The fasting primes the body for the hormonal reaction to the food in both feeding and fasting situations. Toggling between overfeeding for gains and underfeeding for fat loss keeps catabolism at bay as well as any excess fat storage during the bulk.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Great post Kleen! ^^^
    Recoverbro Elite
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Great post Kleen! ^^^

That is a very good way to put it into words bro.
    Recoverbro Elite
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Agreed. I'd rep Kleenex but I'm on mobile.

Very , very well said.

Rick, man your ripped. I remember you coming off cycle being around 200, look at you now you cut up mofo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by morry View Post
    Agreed. I'd rep Kleenex but I'm on mobile.

Very , very well said.

Rick, man your ripped. I remember you coming off cycle being around 200, look at you now you cut up mofo!!!

Thanks a lot bro! I have came a long way in a relatively short amount of time and with the aid of a very succesful cycle
    Recoverbro Elite
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Thanks a lot bro! I have came a long way in a relatively short amount of time and with the aid of a very succesful cycle
    It really shows dedication my man. Something to be very proud of.

I wish I'd had stayed around but life has its turns. I should be back for a while at least. Lots of things changed, but questing for beast status is what we're all after, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    lol in highschool i ran the original halodrol 50 for 8 weeks with clenbuterol and vodka as pct
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/old-school-hormone/193259-begins-morry-vs.html
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by morry

It really shows dedication my man. Something to be very proud of.

I wish I'd had stayed around but life has its turns. I should be back for a while at least. Lots of things changed, but questing for beast status is what we're all after, right?
    That's what we are always after! Its good seeing you around again Morry...
    Recoverbro Elite
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Good nutrition is good no matter what cycle you are running. Everyone seems to think somehow other than increasing protein intake there is a special way to eat on cycle. Why is that? You want to gain you eat more calories on cycle you want to lose fat you eat less calories on cycle. You keep protein higher you get more protein synthesis. Nothing changes that. This just makes it easier to do and more efficient to get the same benefits in many cases. There are many hormonal and health benefits to Intermittent Fasting but it still comes down to your personal macros sweet spots and calories / calories out. Not flaming you at all but some seem to think LeanGains or IF in general is in some way magical. It is not it take natural hormonal patterns and reactions to food into account for the fasting and feeding periods making it easier for me and many others to recomp.

To simplify this as best I can it is still a bulk / cut philosophy. You bulk on lift days and you cut on rest / cardio days. The fasting primes the body for the hormonal reaction to the food in both feeding and fasting situations. Toggling between overfeeding for gains and underfeeding for fat loss keeps catabolism at bay as well as any excess fat storage during the bulk.
    Thanks Kleen. RickRock said it, great way to spell it out for me. I appreciate it.

I actually gave IF a shot 2 mornings ago. I ended up getting in a very nice workout and eating a little less than maintenance. Upon going to bed I was about 3 lbs lighter than when I woke up!!! I was stoked. However, that was short lived. Upon waking up exahusted from lack of zzz's I attempted some cardio with less than stellar results and came home and passed out. Then woke up late, headed to work, and of course passing my micky D's I grabbed 4 and smashed 3 of them in the 2 mile drive to work . Needless to say it was not a good day diet wise. But tomorrow's a new day and Im planning on an IF diet for my Hdrol cycle I also plan on starting tomorrow.

I will keep you guys posted on how it goes. Wish me luck...better yet, wish me discipline
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 06:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 12:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements