1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.74%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Milas

Yes! 4:1:1 BCAA, 125 servings for $30-40. Tastes great, extra leucine, all around great.
    Unless you loaded up at the Christmas in July sale like I did and got 250 servings for $30! Stuffs delicious too.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rahl View Post
    Unless you loaded up at the Christmas in July sale like I did and got 250 servings for $30! Stuffs delicious too.
    I did the same. Great stuff and a great deal
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.29%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I did the same. Great stuff and a great deal
    Christmas in July was an epic event! Thanks AI I picked up my RecoverPro during this event as well. Also very generous with the freebies.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.29%

Suggestions Please
    I'm having some difficulty getting in good protein percentages with out drinking it down. I know Martin says drinking calories is a big No-No. Is anybody having the same issue? Is it really essential that I eat the protein and not drink it?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting RoyaltyPosting God

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen
    Suggestions Please
    I'm having some difficulty getting in good protein percentages with out drinking it down. I know Martin says drinking calories is a big No-No. Is anybody having the same issue? Is it really essential that I eat the protein and not drink it?
    Where is the problem ? 3 meals during your eat time, 60g protein each. What sort of macros/totals are you shooting for?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Tastes better and is cheaper, bi-winning! Pm me your real name and address and I'll get samples sent out to you to try.
    Thanks EasyEJL. PM sent.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.29%

Where is the problem ? 3 meals during your eat time, 60g protein each. What sort of macros/totals are you shooting for?
    I weigh about 210, Id like to get at least 1g per lb of body weight. looking for these macro ratios

Lift Days

30%p
    50%c
    20%f

Rest Days

50%p
    20%c
    30%f
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting RoyaltyPosting God

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen

I weigh about 210, Id like to get at least 1g per lb of body weight. looking for these macro ratios

Lift Days

30%p
    50%c
    20%f

Rest Days

50%p
    20%c
    30%f
    What sort of total calories each day too? Personally I'd hate trying to hit 50% from carbs workout days. Would be 400g or so. I hate more than 250-300
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.96%

Dream weaver I just want to say you look fantastic for an old ass dude! Awesome dedication brother.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.29%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL

What sort of total calories each day too? Personally I'd hate trying to hit 50% from carbs workout days. Would be 400g or so. I hate more than 250-300
    2100 rest
    3200 lift
    I've been trying to stay away from drinking the protein. If I drink it I really have no issue getting my macros. I was really questioning whether or not it really makes a difference what form the protein comes in.
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

Well, the main reason drinking it sucks is the issue of digestion and clearance times, plus absorption and oxidation rates. Whey will provide increased animosity for no more than 3 hours, and only usable at 8-10 grams an hour. Casein may last 6-8 hours, but is only usable at 6g an hour. Beef and pork provide raised aminos for 5+ hours, and are usable in that 8-10g an hour range. Its not terrible to use 30g of whey as a drink along with also taking in solid protein but it being your major source is iffy
    This space for rent

12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.29%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL
    Well, the main reason drinking it sucks is the issue of digestion and clearance times, plus absorption and oxidation rates. Whey will provide increased animosity for no more than 3 hours, and only usable at 8-10 grams an hour. Casein may last 6-8 hours, but is only usable at 6g an hour. Beef and pork provide raised aminos for 5+ hours, and are usable in that 8-10g an hour range. Its not terrible to use 30g of whey as a drink along with also taking in solid protein but it being your major source is iffy
    Yes, this is what I was looking for. What I'm taking from this info is that it is acceptable to get a percentage of protein from powder as long as there is also consumption of actual animal protein. Thanks EasyEJL.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.06%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JoshDP View Post
    AI RecoverPro is a BCAA? I've been taking XTend. You guys like AI better?
    I like them both but find that Xtend mixes better but RecoverPro tastes much better, IMO.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Dream weaver I just want to say you look fantastic for an old ass dude! Awesome dedication brother.
    Thanks, it's easier when you love doing it....

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Yes, this is what I was looking for. What I'm taking from this info is that it is acceptable to get a percentage of protein from powder as long as there is also consumption of actual animal protein. Thanks EasyEJL.
    I have been able to get in 400 grams on wd's with only 3 scoops of whey post workout. This includes egg whties, chicken 24 oz Sirloin and some tuna... it's just a big party really...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.29%

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Thanks, it's easier when you love doing it....

I have been able to get in 400 grams on wd's with only 3 scoops of whey post workout. This includes egg whties, chicken 24 oz Sirloin and some tuna... it's just a big party really...
    Today will start my quest for protein dominance...I feel like this needs an evil laugh!
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Suggestions Please
    Yes, the amino acid profile is very different. If you read what Author L Rea (ALRI guy) writes about anabolic and catabolic aminos, getting the right mix is important. According to him, animal protein is a far better mix (higher anabolic activity) than catabolic, particularly compared to whey. There's some of this that makes sense to me, and some that doesn't, and I know it's also to help sell HumaPro. Regardless, I always believe that whole foods will produce better gains than liquid, he was just adding some "science" to my well formulated bro-science!

I find it pretty easy to get enough protein in by eating a LOT of meat! 12oz of meat twice a day gets a good amount, add in some high-protein PB, cheese, microwavable pork rinds (these are a new favorite of mine, high protein, low fat, and VERY tasty for a crunchy/salty snack), etc. Chicken is the cornerstone of my protein intake, and shakes are just for dessert with me!

The other thing I do is make either **** Better Protein Bars or Layne Norton Cheesecake, these both give a good dose of protein and are very healthy in a macro sense. Both are tasty too, and convenient.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.17%

need some advice with my leangains setup guys

to start, I am 6'1", 200 lbs, and ~12-13% bodyfat
    I have my maintenance set at 3000 cals, and trying to do maintenance on lifting days (3 days of DC style training) and -20% on non-training days (also will throw in 30min low intensity cardio on most non-training days prior to breaking the fast)

heres my current macro breakdown:

Training days (high carb / low fat)
    o Cal Target: 3000 cal
    o Protein: 250 g / 1000 cal
    o Carbs: 320g / 1280 cal
    o Fat: 80g / 720 cal
    Rest days (low carb / high fat)
    o Cal Target: 2400 cal
    o Protein: 240g / 960 cal
    o Carbs: 30g / 120 cal
    o Fat: 145g / 1305 cal

my priority is to drop fat, so I wanted to know if you guys think my carbs and fats are at the right amounts on both days? if you had to change up anything, what would you change?
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.32%

read every single post of this and saw Rick's log. Absolutely amazing. I am currently 12 days in a Mstane/Tren E cycle and im thinking when im done with this and maintain the weight i gained throughout PCT i am going to start doing this to shed some BF. I love food and think consuming these big meals all while losing fat is going to really make my day haha. Until im done with this cycle i will keep checking back and looking at you guys amazing results. FYI im up 12 pounds on day 12 of this cycle and feel invincible. Im interested to see the changes when i add the tren on sunday.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.29%

Quote Originally Posted by wesg49 View Post
    read every single post of this and saw Rick's log. Absolutely amazing. I am currently 12 days in a Mstane/Tren E cycle and im thinking when im done with this and maintain the weight i gained throughout PCT i am going to start doing this to shed some BF. I love food and think consuming these big meals all while losing fat is going to really make my day haha. Until im done with this cycle i will keep checking back and looking at you guys amazing results. FYI im up 12 pounds on day 12 of this cycle and feel invincible. Im interested to see the changes when i add the tren on sunday.
    Im no expert, but I was instructed by some reliable sources to use more of a recomp style diet during PCT as to keep your gains instead of trying to cut. I am currently on PCT following this advice, and Im feeling as strong as the day I stopped my cycle (about three weeks ago). My weight and strenght has been maintained, and strenght even increased. I am using finaflex PCT Rev. Black and Pure Test DAA. I dont think I was really shut down too bad so using this PCT regimen and LG has been like another cycle for me, really taking advantage of the natural test boosters. Good Luck.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91%

I've been reading this log for the last two days and I'm amazed at how well it works. I want to go ahead and try it, but i do have some questions.
    there is an 8 hour eating period does that mean, I can eat anytime within those 8 hours. for example my post work out is schedule at 2 pm and my last meal of the day at 10pm, so i eat at 2pm and can I also eat like at 5 then 10pm.
    also Im oging to be taking ecdysterone(ECD russian extract natural) do i take that on the morning too, or do i wait for my post workout meal and then my other meal?
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%

Quote Originally Posted by fgarcia871 View Post
    I've been reading this log for the last two days and I'm amazed at how well it works. I want to go ahead and try it, but i do have some questions.
    there is an 8 hour eating period does that mean, I can eat anytime within those 8 hours. for example my post work out is schedule at 2 pm and my last meal of the day at 10pm, so i eat at 2pm and can I also eat like at 5 then 10pm.
    also Im oging to be taking ecdysterone(ECD russian extract natural) do i take that on the morning too, or do i wait for my post workout meal and then my other meal?
    You can eat anytime in that 8 hour window man. It is recommended that you take in about 60% of your daily total in your post workout meal. For me that is the fast breaking meal. It is also recommended to take in at least 100g protein during that meal, but you may eat anytime during that window. I usually eat 2 large meals (fast breaker and last meal) and then one smaller meal that could be 200-500 Cal's between them except for burn days where I only do the 2 large meals
    Recoverbro Elite
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%

Quote Originally Posted by wesg49 View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed my log bro. It has been a fun ride for sure! It sounds like you are doing pretty well yourself in your cycle. 12 lbs in 12 days is nuts!! I'm sure you would love lean gains. Just make sure to hold the gains through PCT before starting. If you need any help setting anything up feel free to post up here or in my log, or feel free to PM me anytime man.
    Recoverbro Elite
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

I am losing weight very quickly doing LG...maybe too quickly.

I was trying out intermittent fasting for a week just to see if I could handle it, without really watching macros. On July 26th, I started watching my macros more closely, even entering every days food into fitday.com.

On July 26th I weighed in at 221 lbs. 2 days later after 1 day of high calories (3350) and 1 day of low calories (around 2200), I weighed in at 208. I accounted most of that weight loss to water. This morning I weighed in at 204.

I've been feeling great, but I'll see how my strength levels are at the gym today. It's a deload week for me so won't really be able to tell where my strength is at though. Will have to wait till next week.
  24. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

I am losing weight very quickly doing LG...maybe too quickly.

I was trying out intermittent fasting for a week just to see if I could handle it, without really watching macros. On July 26th, I started watching my macros more closely, even entering every days food into fitday.com.

On July 26th I weighed in at 221 lbs. 2 days later after 1 day of high calories (3350) and 1 day of low calories (around 2200), I weighed in at 208. I accounted most of that weight loss to water. This morning I weighed in at 204.

I've been feeling great, but I'll see how my strength levels are at the gym today. It's a deload week for me so won't really be able to tell where my strength is at though. Will have to wait till next week.
    Drop fitday, switch to livestrong. MUCH better database of food IMO...
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.74%

Quote Originally Posted by Milas

Drop fitday, switch to livestrong. MUCH better database of food IMO...
    I totally agree! I've always used Livestrong (aka The daily plate). It has much broader And mote accurate food listed.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.29%

Has anyone else seen this? Talk about stirring the pot.

The fasting diet is for morons!!!
  27. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.12%

nothing like bashing easy targets with no real proof... or in this case point....
  28. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

Just signed up for LiveStrong. Thanks.
    Trying to figure out how to manually enter food. My PWO shake has like 7 different ingredients in there so rather then enter each one individually, I'd rather just do it once. Like on Fitday where you can go to your "custom foods". Anyone know how to do this?

I tried going to "my recipes" on LiveStrong, but it doesn't let me enter in the macros.

If anyone knows how, thanks. I'm sure it's probably really simple to do and I'm just not seeing it on here. lol
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.97%

Has anyone else seen this? Talk about stirring the pot.

The fasting diet is for morons!!!
    I saw that and had to unload some aggression from the day, I feel much better now!
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.97%

Just signed up for LiveStrong. Thanks.
    Trying to figure out how to manually enter food. My PWO shake has like 7 different ingredients in there so rather then enter each one individually, I'd rather just do it once. Like on Fitday where you can go to your "custom foods". Anyone know how to do this?

I tried going to "my recipes" on LiveStrong, but it doesn't let me enter in the macros.

If anyone knows how, thanks. I'm sure it's probably really simple to do and I'm just not seeing it on here. lol
    I like fitday and daily burn better. With IF/Lean Gains I don't see why you would need that except maybe in the very early stages. I do the math in my head and let me stomach tell me when I am full, seems to work for me.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.52%

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    I saw that and had to unload some aggression from the day, I feel much better now!
    Oh yeah... well CoorsLight126 said his Mom could kick your Mom's A$$...
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.97%

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    My mom would just bring home a needle full of goodness from the hospital she works at and drop the b***h in a nano-second. My mom is the shiznit!
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.52%

My mom would just bring home a needle full of goodness from the hospital she works at and drop the b***h in a nano-second. My mom is the shiznit!
    LoL, you know I was just trying to stir the pot, right? LoL
    www.finaflex.com
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.2%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Yeah but he was still in a drunken rant when he said it. Have another Coors buddy it can help hold off reality.

She can throw that ish like a dart!
    LoL, you know I was just trying to stir the pot, right? LoL
    Pot Stirrer! TISK TISK TISK!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.52%

You know me, always Monkeying around...

www.finaflex.com
  36. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%

Does anyone break the fast early in the day? I train at 6-630am, and after lifting/cardio I am usually home around 9ish. I am thinking about trying to have my large meal right then at 9-10am, and end the fast at 5-6 right after dinner.

Then on non-training keep from 12-8.

Thoughts?
  37. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

Stay the same times every day, it makes a difference.

I train at 7am, and don't eat till noon
    This space for rent

38. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

I'm the same, I train at 6AM and eat at noon. Drink lots of BCAA or take amino supplements like **** Gear from post workout until noon to help keep MPS up.
  39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%

I have been doing this "diet" for a long time, probably since last Nov/December, and in that time I have played around with a lot of different variables. I am just wondering if anyone breaks the fast early in the day, as that is one thing I haven't done to this point.

I suppose I could break it early on both training/non training days and see how it goes.

I was just thinking about trying to push my first meal a bit closer to post-wo to see if there was any noticeable benefits, or differences at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I'm the same, I train at 6AM and eat at noon. Drink lots of BCAA or take amino supplements like **** Gear from post workout until noon to help keep MPS up.
    I usually take 5g BCAA pre, 2 scoops of intrabolic durring, and then drink 5g leu/bcaa about half way between post-wo/first meal.

I have actually been adding 10-15g of carbs to my intra drink as well, as of late.

I am not thinking about breaking it early because it is hard to make it until noon, as I have fasted until 5:30 at one point. I am more interested in seeing if there is any benefit by doing it that way. I have no problem stopping my feeding at 6pm, as I go to bed by 9 anyway.
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I have been doing this "diet" for a long time, probably since last Nov/December, and in that time I have played around with a lot of different variables. I am just wondering if anyone breaks the fast early in the day, as that is one thing I haven't done to this point.

I suppose I could break it early on both training/non training days and see how it goes.

I was just thinking about trying to push my first meal a bit closer to post-wo to see if there was any noticeable benefits, or differences at all.

I usually take 5g BCAA pre, 2 scoops of intrabolic durring, and then drink 5g leu/bcaa about half way between post-wo/first meal.

I have actually been adding 10-15g of carbs to my intra drink as well, as of late.

I am not thinking about breaking it early because it is hard to make it until noon, as I have fasted until 5:30 at one point. I am more interested in seeing if there is any benefit by doing it that way. I have no problem stopping my feeding at 6pm, as I go to bed by 9 anyway.

Sure, try it out, I'd be interested to see if there were any benefits to it!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 07:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements