The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 23

The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 23 of 104 First ... 18212223242528 ... Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Scottydoc, I must say that you were right about my back issues. I saw the therapist yesterday, and the diagnosis was that the left side of my pelvis was slightly twisted backward, which was compressing the base of my spine on the left side slightly and causing the bulk of my issues. They got me straightened out (literally!) and I felt 100% better. Going to continue going to a couple therapy sessions a week to be sure I stay in alignment, and I have some stretching and exercises to do at home as well. But man, what a relief to know there is no disc issue in my back.

I'm still staying with LG, just dropping my cals slightly while I'm recuperating. Hope to be back in full swing within a couple weeks. In the meantime, the therapist said I was OK to do some walking or even use an elliptical machine, so I'll be doing a little of that probably starting next week.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Good to hear you are feeling better.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Quil View Post
    Scottydoc, I must say that you were right about my back issues. I saw the therapist yesterday, and the diagnosis was that the left side of my pelvis was slightly twisted backward, which was compressing the base of my spine on the left side slightly and causing the bulk of my issues. They got me straightened out (literally!) and I felt 100% better. Going to continue going to a couple therapy sessions a week to be sure I stay in alignment, and I have some stretching and exercises to do at home as well. But man, what a relief to know there is no disc issue in my back.

I'm still staying with LG, just dropping my cals slightly while I'm recuperating. Hope to be back in full swing within a couple weeks. In the meantime, the therapist said I was OK to do some walking or even use an elliptical machine, so I'll be doing a little of that probably starting next week.
    Excellent my friend, remember, my guess at what was wrong was just that, maybe it was an educated guess, but without seeing someone in front of me and taking x-rays and doing multiple muscle and ROM tests, it is hard to be sure. But, again, that is a very common issue, so the odds were also in my favor based on what you were telling me that, that was the cause of your problem, I just glad you are feeling better, I know it must be a relief! I am sure you will probably agree with me on this one, but I will put this out there for anyone who has never experienced really severe back pain... Besides the fact that it hurts like a Mo-Fo and you can't ever get comfortable to save your life and sleep like $hit because of it, for a lack of a better way to put it, it makes you feel old! I mean no matter how old you are, we all have a pre-conceived notion of how it feels to be old and believe me when I tell you that is how it makes you feel, old and slow, cautious about every single move you make, just waiting for the sharp, burning, shock-like, however you would describe the pain to strike!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

That was how my shoulder was pre-surgery.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    That was how my shoulder was pre-surgery.
    Not a fun place to be in my friend, like I said... anyone who has been there can relate, it's kind of like having kids, if you don't have or have had them, you have no idea what it is really like!!!
    www.finaflex.com
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Not a fun place to be in my friend, like I said... anyone who has been there can relate, it's kind of like having kids, if you don't have or have had them, you have no idea what it is really like!!!
    Hahaha....I can certainly understand the kid analogy!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Yeah, you have to have one, live with, and raise them to understand. Just having one and not being their to raise it doesn't give you the same insight either. The experience is way different.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah, you have to have one, live with, and raise them to understand. Just having one and not being their to raise it doesn't give you the same insight either. The experience is way different.
    Very true my friend, Kleen's Keen insight prevails once again! Agreed!
    www.finaflex.com
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

I've basically been doing a half-assed LeanGains for the past 2-3 years. Gone from 140lbs at 11-12% to 180lbs 11-12% with a couple small prohormone cycles in there.

Posting this for feedback..

Going to strictly follow LG for the next few months and see where it takes me as far as recomp and possibly lean bulking in the fall.

5'11 180lbs approx 12% bf so by my calculations i'll need around 2800 cal maintenance (job isn't phsyically demanding, approx 1hr long workouts)

3400 cal on build days
    2200 cal on burn days

Protein 250g/daily with rest of cals coming from mainly carbs on build day and mainly fats on burn day

Meal 1 1pm Pre-WO approx 500 cal (prot/carb shake)
    Meal 2 4pm Post WO approx 1600 cal
    Meal 3 9pm approx 1000 cal
    Meal 4 11pm approx 2-300 cal (i dont like the idea of extending the window for extra cal but typically i get home from work at 11pm and usually have a small snack before bed..something like peanut butter or cottage cheese)

Sound about right to you guys?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jcalvert86 View Post
    I've basically been doing a half-assed LeanGains for the past 2-3 years. Gone from 140lbs at 11-12% to 180lbs 11-12% with a couple small prohormone cycles in there.

Posting this for feedback..

Going to strictly follow LG for the next few months and see where it takes me as far as recomp and possibly lean bulking in the fall.

5'11 180lbs approx 12% bf so by my calculations i'll need around 2800 cal maintenance (job isn't phsyically demanding, approx 1hr long workouts)

3400 cal on build days
    2200 cal on burn days

Protein 250g/daily with rest of cals coming from mainly carbs on build day and mainly fats on burn day

Meal 1 1pm Pre-WO approx 500 cal (prot/carb shake)
    Meal 2 4pm Post WO approx 1600 cal
    Meal 3 9pm approx 1000 cal
    Meal 4 11pm approx 2-300 cal (i dont like the idea of extending the window for extra cal but typically i get home from work at 11pm and usually have a small snack before bed..something like peanut butter or cottage cheese)

Sound about right to you guys?
    Looks pretty good except I would try cutting your feeding window down closer to 8 hours. Looks like you are around 10 right now
    Recoverbro Elite
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Looks pretty good except I would try cutting your feeding window down closer to 8 hours. Looks like you are around 10 right now
    I should be able to do that.. will just use a shake after meals 2/3 to get the calories in on build days.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

MB posted this on his Facebook page today...a pretty extensive LeanGains FAQ. Not written by him, but endorses it nonetheless...

http://examine.com/leangains-faq/

I should also add that if you are on Facebook, you can send Martin a friend request and he will add you. He posts great stuff almost daily.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

MB posted this on his Facebook page today...a pretty extensive LeanGains FAQ. Not written by him, but endorses it nonetheless...

I should also add that if you are on Facebook, you can send Martin a friend request and he will add you. He posts great stuff almost daily.
    Thanks for posting that bro. Now Martin better accept my friend request!!
    Recoverbro Elite
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Thanks for posting that bro. Now Martin better accept my friend request!!
    Haha, he will! He accepts like 40 a day!
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

He accepted me in under 5 minutes.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

X2 Thanks for that post!
    :blindfold:
  17. New Member

Is it ok to take a zero cal creatine like green mag prior to wo in a fasted state or is it better to wait until you break the fast? My normal prewo stack is green mag, white flood and purple wraath. All zero cal...
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doberman13 View Post
    Is it ok to take a zero cal creatine like green mag prior to wo in a fasted state or is it better to wait until you break the fast? My normal prewo stack is green mag, white flood and purple wraath. All zero cal...
    thats fine. I use White Flood preworkout, PW intra and take MCC caps all the time while using this protocol.
    :blindfold:
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

I take a couple grams of DCM preworkout with my aminos and preworkout.

Oh I went and copied that info down thanks for posting the link. Here is the text from it.

LeanGains FAQ

Last Updated July 21 2011

Table of Contents:

Who Created LeanGains (LG)?
    A phrase coined by Martin Berkhan, LeanGains is a diet/workout methodology based on intermittent fasting (IF) and lifting heavy weights. It is meant to be a way of body recomposition - losing fat and gaining muscle/strength at the same time.

What is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?
    IF is essentially a self-contained cut-bulking cycle. You eat for X hours, and fast (no calories) for Y hours (with Y > X). For example, the Warrior Diet has you fast for 20 hours and eat for 4. Alternate Day Fasting (ADF) has you eat 24 hours, and then fast for 24 hours.
    In LG, you fast for roughly 16 hours and eat for 8. For women fasting 14 hours and eating for 10 is recommended.
    Having zero calorie gum, diet soda, and coffee is okay. The caloric load of anything you ingest should essentially be zero.

Why Bother with IF?
    There are a boatload of health benefits from IF. See Page 2 of the PDF Guide. LeanGains is a system that incorporates a version of IF, extending it to include timing of calories (a majority to be consumed post-workout), macros (high protein), and workout (lift heavy). It is not the definition of IF.
    You can add an IF schedule to most any other diet plan. It's fine. Give it a shot if you want.

Okay so What is LG?
    • Fast for 16 hours, eat for 8 (roughly. Fasting for 14 or 18 hours will not kill you)
    • Lift heavy stuff using the Big 4 compound movements (deadlifts, squats, bench press, chinups)
    • Martin prefers to lift 3x a week. He also likes Reverse Pyramid Training (aka RPT).
    • For beginners Martin does recommend Starting Strength.

What is the Workout Schedule Like?
    Martin has not explicitly outlined his workout, but the general schedule is:
    • Monday: deadlifts + chinups, accessory
    • Wednesday: bench press, accessory
    • Friday: squats, accessory
    A great outline can be found here. My own is found here.
    Martin says to ensure at least 2 days of rest between any sets of squats and deadlifts.
    Martin suggests between 2-3 sets per exercise, RPT for only 1 or 2 exercises, and also adequate rest between each set (at least 3 minutes, 5+ for deadlifts).

That Seems to Focus too Much on the Legs
    Negative. The Big 4 hammer the hell out of your entire body. Martin always says that he got his guns from deadlifts and close-grip weighted chinups.

What is RPT?
    Reverse Pyramid Training.
    Basically do X # of reps for Z weight. Next set, do (Z-10%) weight for X+1 reps. Next set, do (Z-20%) for X+2 reps. Alternatively, you can do (Z-5%) weight for X reps.
    An example to elucidate:
    • Bench Press: 4 reps of 300 pounds (10% = 30)
    • Next set, drop 30 lb (now at 270) and do 5 reps
    • Next set, drop 30 lb (now at 240) and do 6 reps.
    Remember for chinups that the weight is any weight you have attached to you plus bodyweight. So if you weigh 150lb and do chinups with 50lb attached (total weight=200lb, 10%=20lb), next set you should do chinups with 30lb attached to you.

Martin Says that I Should be Fairly Lean to do LG. I'm 20% BF, Help!
    So in the PDF Guide it says: I would say 10-12% body fat is an appropriate starting point to pull this off with the greatest efficiency.
    This does not mean that it isn't worth at a higher body fat percentage. Simply put, as you get to a lower BF %, it becomes harder to lose that fat. The LG approach can help you break that 10% threshold. LG is still effective even if you are 45% BF.

What Should I be Eating?
    Every day, Martin recommends high protein intake. The minimum he recommends is at least 2.5 grams of protein per kg of total bodyweight, and he encourages 3g+/kg of bodyweight. On workout days, he recommends moderate/high carbs (in the post workout window) and low fat. On non-workout days he recommends lower carbs higher fats

Why so much Protein?
    It keeps you full (satiated). And it has a high thermal effect (to get into it, the Atwater-formula from the 19th century states that 1g protein = 4 kcal energy. Factoring in TEF, it can be argued that the net effect of each gram of protein is really 3-3.2 kcal/gram).

I've tried IF for 3 weeks and it makes me sick
    Listen to your body. Some people love squatting every day, other people can't stomach it. If IF doesn't work for you, so be it. It isn't the end of the world.

Should I Eat Before Working Out?
    Martin prefers to workout fasted, except for ingesting BCAAs before working out. He also recommends putting the majority of calories in the post workout window.
    At the same time, if you need to eat before working out ... then eat! Try to keep the carbs post workout, but again ... if you need carbs before you workout, then get some.

What the Hell are BCAAs? And Why Should I Take Them?
    BCAAs are Branched Chain Amino Acids. They are a group of 3 amino acids which work to alleviate or prevent muscle loss during intense and fasted exercise, with Leucine being a very important amino acid.
    To simplify, BCAAs are source of fuel/energy for your body when working out to ensure no muscle loss happens.
    If you prefer Whey Protein, take it. If you have eaten, BCAAs are not needed.

How do the Calories Change on Workout vs Non-workout Days?
    Martin recommends +20% your maintenance calories on workout days, and -20% on rest days.

Should I have 2 or 3 or 19 Meals a Day?
    You have a window of eating (for most people, 8 hours). Get your calories in then. If you do 1 meal + a snack, or 3 meals, just do what works for you. Again, what matters is the overall amount of calories (based on maintenance) and macros (more carbs on workout days, more fat on non-workout, high protein all days).

But You Still Haven't Told Me the Exact Macros!
    Start with at least 2.5 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight (more is even recommended ... Martin likes 3g+/kg of bodyweight). On workout days, make the rest of your calories 75/25 carbs/fat, and on non-workout days make it 50/50 carbs/fat.
    Check out this link for someone's macro breakdown.

What About Timing?
    Martin recommends a majority of your calories post workout (by post workout he means in the feeding period after your workout). A minimum of 60% is his recommendation.

But I'm Keto
    Carbs are an essential part of muscle building. Starchy carbs are great for building muscle. Read whatLyle McDonald says about that. Carbs can make you fat ... if you overfeed on carbs chronically (we are talking about 700g+ a day for many days).

Can I Bulk with the LG Approach or is Strictly to Lose Fat?
    LG is not about just losing fat. It is about recomposition. So yes you can bulk - just eat above your maintenance.
    LG will help you lose BF, and it will let you get to low BF% levels, but the overall focus is on recomposition. Martin has said that LG is essentially a self-contained cut/bulk - 16 hours of cut, 8 hours of bulk.

What about Cardio?
    Cardio is an extremely over-reaching word. Martin is explicitly against doing intense cardio on workout days, saying that the anabolic reaction of lifting heavy weights is dented by the catabolic response to extended/intense cardio.
    Martin also believes that for maximal fat loss, heavy weights + rest = success. If you want to throw in some conditioning, then do it on your off days.
    If conditioning is important to you, then do it. If you are focusing on fat loss, Martin recommends sticking to just heavy weights.
    At the same time, low impact steady state (LISS) cardio should be ok - aka walking. Do it before you break your fast.

What if I Want to Fast 20 Hours a Day?
    Then do it. It is best to stick to roughly the same schedule as your body has a way of regulating itself. Fasting 18 hours one day and then 19 the next day won't kill you.

Should I Drink Protein Shakes?
    Martin is very anti "drinking your calories."
    Then again, do what makes you feel comfortable. This is meant to be something you can do long term.

DOMs is Hurting Me
    Fish Oil could help you.

Any Other Supplements I Should Take?
    Martin has a post on supplements he likes
    More info on them via Examine.com:

I Can't Seem to Get Rid of the Stubborn Fat
    See this post on losing stubborn body fat

I Went Out and Ruined my Fast, Now What?
    Stop worrying, and just try to stay the course. Everyone fails at times. Everyone.

This is Hard / Help I'm Not Ripped Overnight
    Look, LG is simple. It is basically lifting heavy heavy stuff and fasting. Fasting has health benefits (eg it can help regulate blood glucose levels), but the biggest and obvious one is that it makes it hard to eat like a lardass. Having a stupid amount of calories is harder when you only have 8 hours to jam them in instead of 24 hours.
    LeanGains won't magically make you ripped. It won't give you abs in 15 days.
    LeanGains WILL make you stronger and leaner if you follow it. You have to have the mental fortitude to lift heavy stuff. The numbers listed aren't perfect, but you should be working towards at least the Advanced Levels of Strength.
    Hard work is needed. LG just gives you the template to make it happen.

Any other Notable Links?
    At the end of the day, LG is just one methodology. If it works for you, great. If you need to tweak it, then tweak it. If you want more hypertrophy, then increase the rep range a bit. If you play sports, add some conditioning on the off days. If you feel hungry all the time, add more calories. If you feel like garbage 2 weeks in, then maybe fasting isn't for you.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on how I should structure my caloric intake after I get back to working out once the back heals up, probably in another week or two...

I want to get back to cutting again, and finish what I started earlier this year. I've taken about a month break at maintenance cals (about 2500) after losing 47 pounds from January to the end of May. During that time, I was at or just under 2000 cals a day, although I was using the 6-small-meals-a-day approach (which honestly worked very well for me).

Martin's approach is basically lifting only with very little cardio. The "burn" days are basically low-cal rest days. For my job, I'm required to maintain fitness standards, to include a run time. I really enjoy running, and athletic training. So my routine is going to be considerably different, consisting of 3 days a week alternating the P90X resistance workouts (Chest/Back, Shoulders/Arms, Chest/Shoulders/Tris, Back/Bis, Legs/Back), and three days a week of Insanity:Asylum (which if you haven't heard of it, it's intense athletic-based cardio...Speed/Agility, Vertical Plyometrics, Strength, Core). I love these workouts.

My dilema is how to structure my calorie intake while still using the LG approach. I know I can cut effectively on 2000 cals...so should I be looking at doing something like 1600 cals on Insanity (cardio) days, and 2400 cals on P90X (resistance) days? Too low? Or maybe closer to 1800/2200? I can adjust the cals as needed, but I'd appreciate your thoughts on a good starting point. I've always been the type that required less cals to cut than your standard Harris-Benedict formula would recommend. And I'm going to the beach with my wife and family the last week of September, and I'd obviously like to be looking my best then. Currently I'm 6'1, 190lbs, and probably 12-14% bodyfat.

Thanks guys.
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Throwing down some GVT starting monday along with LG at recomp calories...Im pretty FN pumped.

Quil If you cut effectively at 2000cal. I don't see Eating only 1600cal. being very efficient for you. Your 1800/2200 (maybe even higher on lift days to support a good lift) may be better suited. Im focused on recomp eating 2100/3100 Im currently around 210 and 10% BF. Don't know if that helps but, I've always found it helpful to see what others are doing.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Quil,

I have a pretty slow metabolism as well. I took the liberty of applying my cutting formula to your bodyweight listed in your info. Being that you have a lower metabolism I used 12 and multiplied it by your body weight. Maintenance cals 2280, build days 2736, and burn days 1824. Give that a shot and if it doesn't seem to be working well lower it. Another good starting point for you may be 1500 and 2500 if you really feel you have a slow metabolism and that is just kind of going off of the info you provided. I have found keep cals higher on the build day and much lower on burn days is a very easy way to lose the fat. I get in anywhere from 900-1800 cals on a burn day and typically average from 1200-1500 cals for that day, but keep my calories maintenance +20% on build days.
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll be honest, I've been alternating at 1500 cals and about 2200 cals while I've been laid up with my back and haven't been able to exercise at all, and the 1500 cal days are kind of rough...I'm hungry as hell. I don't know if that's me being a wimp, or my body trying to tell me something...kind of hard to know, sometimes. So I'm leaning towards something like 1700 on burn days and 2600 on build days. It's just a starting point, so I don't want to over think too much. I track measurements as well as weight religiously, so it won't take long to tell.
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Looks good to me Quil! Great starting point for sure.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Any problem with an occasional mt dew as long as it fits within my days calorie requirements?
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Im looking at starting lean gains after my bulk to see how i respond too it. Would it be very effective to have a 10 hour feeding window while getting used to it and then shortening the window by a half hour each week until i am used to it?
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic
    Im looking at starting lean gains after my bulk to see how i respond too it. Would it be very effective to have a 10 hour feeding window while getting used to it and then shortening the window by a half hour each week until i am used to it?
    I was reading martins interview that was linked previously and he says "if you fast for 14hrs or 18hrs its about what works for you".. I'm having an extra protein shake before bed each night even though it's just outside my 8hr feeding window
  28. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Any problem with an occasional mt dew as long as it fits within my days calorie requirements?
    I don't see any issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    How long you "fast" and "feed" is really up to you, and you CAN get effective results by creating your OWN adaptation/modification of Lean Gains - this is what I and a few others have done, and it works well for us. You just have to experiment to see what works best for you, as well as fits your needs and requirements best.

Chris - the resident forum expert on Lean Gains - will probably add to both comments.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    I don't see any issues with it.

How long you "fast" and "feed" is really up to you, and you CAN get effective results by creating your OWN adaptation/modification of Lean Gains - this is what I and a few others have done, and it works well for us. You just have to experiment to see what works best for you, as well as fits your needs and requirements best.

Chris - the resident forum expert on Lean Gains - will probably add to both comments.

~Rosie~
    Agree on both points, I ate pizza and frozen yogurt last night and am not even the slightest bit worried woke up this morning looking fine.. I extended my fast to accommodate some fun feeding. I am 12 weeks out of contest and under 6% or right around it so I'm not too worried anyway. It's been a very smooth ride and I am very happy.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

For me LG has been very forgiving. Over my week of vacation I stuck to the 16/8 and had no idea what my macros were, but I really didnt fluctuate on the scale as bad as I though I would. I dont know how my BF% vs. LBM reacted though (I dont think I want to). I did let go a bit with food choices and ate things I normally wouldnt, but hell its vacation. I will say now that Im home and back on serious LG I look and feel awesome! So it doesnt take long to get back to homeostasis.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Does anybody have an insight as to why I am more vascular and dialed in at night vs. In the a.m. when I would assume I should be, having not eaten or drank anything for an extended period of time. When I wake up I feel real puffy and and I have a serious decrease in how vascular I look. This is not just with LG but how I always am. It's really not a huge deal, I was just interested to see what others thought on the subject and because I normally take progress pics upon waking.
  32. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    Does anybody have an insight as to why I am more vascular and dialed in at night vs. In the a.m. when I would assume I should be, having not eaten or drank anything for an extended period of time. When I wake up I feel real puffy and and I have a serious decrease in how vascular I look. This is not just with LG but how I always am. It's really not a huge deal, I was just interested to see what others thought on the subject and because I normally take progress pics upon waking.
    If you eat in the pm, then higher vascularity is a given, especially if you're consuming carbohydrates - it can also give a "pumped" and "fuller" look than in the morning when you have been "fasting". Waking up puffy could be a possible indication that you are either a) sensitive to something you ate the previous day, b) are dehydrated, c) have allergies, d) an effect from the weather (I know it affects me like this when it goes up and down), or e) something else altogether.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

Lg has taken of like wild fire
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    Lg has taken of like wild fire
    On this forum it sure has, I mean a month or so ago, I was like Lean Gains, what the hell is that, now practically every Log/Thread on this forum has some kind of mention of Lean Gains in it, LoL!
    www.finaflex.com
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

I'm with Doc, I had no idea what LG was. Just happend to see Kleen had a thread on it so I jumped in...best thing I've done for myself! LG is LeGit if you can handle it. Sheet even my girl friend is on the protocol and she's down 3lbs in a week.
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation

It works no doubt about it, and its pretty easy / manageable once you get used to it. I'm a believer
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Believe me guys I can't wait to try it, I'm currently running the diet I have now because It is 100% proven to get me to exactly where I want and need to be in the time frame I have set, but once I'm done and looking to maintain a lean frame, without a shadow of a doubt I will give Lean Gains 100% of my attention and devotion and I have no doubt it will work, it will just be a little bit of experimentation to find my sweet spot and get a feel for what and when I can get away with things!
    www.finaflex.com
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Believe me guys I can't wait to try it, I'm currently running the diet I have now because It is 100% proven to get me to exactly where I want and need to be in the time frame I have set, but once I'm done and looking to maintain a lean frame, without a shadow of a doubt I will give Lean Gains 100% of my attention and devotion and I have no doubt it will work, it will just be a little bit of experimentation to find my sweet spot and get a feel for what and when I can get away with things!
    Going to have alot of pissed off facebook friends when your "15 minute abs" consists of cooking a frozen pizza and drinking a soda.
  39. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Going to have alot of pissed off facebook friends when your "15 minute abs" consists of cooking a frozen pizza and drinking a soda.
    Well I'm not a fan of soda, but the Pizza sure sounds nice, LoL!
    www.finaflex.com
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Well I'm not a fan of soda, but the Pizza sure sounds nice, LoL!
    Me too. I had pizza and cheesebread last night but didn't gain a pound!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 06:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 12:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains