The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 23 of 138 First ... 2122232425 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Alright so for cardio rest days... those of you who prefer low Carb. Can you give me an idea what your macros look like? Do you keep your carbs near your cardio or keep them spaced out
    I workout fasted at 6am and don't break my fast until noon. I have usually around 50g total on cardio days and most of them are consumed with my fast breaking meal. But some days I will extend the fast 2-3 more hours also on those days
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

2. Hey-

How do you guys handle vegetables in terms of counting calories? Do you count them in your totals?

I have been not counting them for a while but I eat quite a bit of them, especially after switching to LG. My rest day meals are usually large portions of lean meat and lots of veggies (Broccoli, spinach, brussel sprouts, peppers, mushrooms, etc.).

I could count them, but that would mean measuring them and probably cutting back a bit or I could just continue eating veggies ad libitum.

I know it sounds like small beans but if you eat enough you can add lots of cals and carbs.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I workout fasted at 6am and don't break my fast until noon. I have usually around 50g total on cardio days and most of them are consumed with my fast breaking meal. But some days I will extend the fast 2-3 more hours also on those days
    Thanks brotha. I may dip my carbs on cardio days, not sure yet though. Just picked up some more xtend and Luecine and I am happy to say that after a year or so of testing xtend flavors other than my fave... I am happy to be back to watermelon because it is hands down the best flavor

How do you guys do your dosing when you use bulk Luecine? For each fasted dose of BCAA do you uses 1 scoop xtend and 1 scoop Luecine... to bring it to... I believe 8:1:1?

4. Quote Originally Posted by adnscmplx View Post
    Hey-

How do you guys handle vegetables in terms of counting calories? Do you count them in your totals?

I have been not counting them for a while but I eat quite a bit of them, especially after switching to LG. My rest day meals are usually large portions of lean meat and lots of veggies (Broccoli, spinach, brussel sprouts, peppers, mushrooms, etc.).

I could count them, but that would mean measuring them and probably cutting back a bit or I could just continue eating veggies ad libitum.

I know it sounds like small beans but if you eat enough you can add lots of cals and carbs.
    Doesn't matter IMO. Count them, don't count them, just be consistent. If you don't count them, NEVER count them.

5. I workout fasted at 6am and don't break my fast until noon. I have usually around 50g total on cardio days and most of them are consumed with my fast breaking meal. But some days I will extend the fast 2-3 more hours also on those days
    Thanks brotha. I may dip my carbs on cardio days, not sure yet though. Just picked up some more xtend and Luecine and I am happy to say that after a year or so of testing xtend flavors other than my fave... I am happy to be back to watermelon because it is hands down the best flavor

How do you guys do your dosing when you use bulk Luecine? For each fasted dose of BCAA do you uses 1 scoop xtend and 1 scoop Luecine... to bring it to... I believe 8:1:1?

I use xtend also and I love the stuff too. As for adding in Luecine, it would depend on how much you get in each scoop. 2 scoops of xtend is 1 serving and to get an 8:1:1 from the 2:1:1 that xtend is you would have to add quote a bit. I believe there is 1.75g of L-isoluecine and L-valine per serving. So take 1.75x8=14 total Luecine you need. Subtract the 3.5
    g of luecine in xtend and that gives you 10.5g of Luecine you need to add to get your 8:1:1.
    Recoverbro Elite

6. Hmmm I wonder how I should do that. The luecine is 5g per scoop

7. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Hmmm I wonder how I should do that. The luecine is 5g per scoop
    don't make too much of it man. throw a couple scoops of xtend, 1 scoop Leu and call it a day.

I have played around with do many different things and in the end it is all negligable..IMO. we start to over analyze everything. one of the best parts of eating like this is the lack of that, don't complicate it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Hmmm I wonder how I should do that. The luecine is 5g per scoop
    Basically would be 1 scoop Xtend, 2 scoops Leucine
    Cutting all summer, cycle in September

9. That would all be unneccessary, since the leucine triggers MPS and mTOR at about 5g. Anything beyond that threshold will do very little additional.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

10. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    That would all be unneccessary, since the leucine triggers MPS and mTOR at about 5g. Anything beyond that threshold will do very little additional.
    So how would you dose leucine while on a LG diet? Like 5g after the last meal of the day, 5g pre-bed, 5g when waking up, and 5g pre-1st meal of the day?
    Cutting all summer, cycle in September
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by T50 View Post
    So how would you dose leucine while on a LG diet? Like 5g after the last meal of the day, 5g pre-bed, 5g when waking up, and 5g pre-1st meal of the day?
    5g first thing in the morning, 5g every 2 hours of fast (one should be ~30 minutes before 1st meal), 5g post workout, 5g 30min before 2nd, 5g pre-bed.

Not all that is necessary, but just to give you an idea of where you can dose optimally IMO.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

12. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    don't make too much of it man. throw a couple scoops of xtend, 1 scoop Leu and call it a day.

I have played around with do many different things and in the end it is all negligable..IMO. we start to over analyze everything. one of the best parts of eating like this is the lack of that, don't complicate it.
    I couldn't agree with this any more!! It really doesn't matter much at all what ratio BCAAs you are using or how much of what. I would say as long as you are getting in some BCAAs pre and post workout and a little here and there through the fast you should be good. One of the greatest things about lean gains is its leniency
    Recoverbro Elite

13. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Doesn't matter IMO. Count them, don't count them, just be consistent. If you don't count them, NEVER count them.

Thanks dude. I'll continue to not count them but try not to go to crazy.

I bring my lunch and sometimes dinner to work and I got some huge tupperware containers when I started IF. I don't necessarily have to fill them up i guess.

You guys are getting crazy with this Leucine dosing stuff. I'd keep it simple and not worry about it, just my 2 cents.
  14. Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

15. Well I'm not down any lbs but it seems as though I've went down .25 to .5 inches on my widest point (love handle to love handle). So I'm happy with that! Gonna try low Carb today. Do you guys bother counting dietary fiber carbs or not?

16. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Well I'm not down any lbs but it seems as though I've went down .25 to .5 inches on my widest point (love handle to love handle). So I'm happy with that! Gonna try low Carb today. Do you guys bother counting dietary fiber carbs or not?
    I don't, but it doesn't matter. Count, don't count, just be consistent.

17. Quote Originally Posted by FlawedGrunt View Post
    Well I'm not down any lbs but it seems as though I've went down .25 to .5 inches on my widest point (love handle to love handle). So I'm happy with that! Gonna try low Carb today. Do you guys bother counting dietary fiber carbs or not?
    Yah recomp is very strong on this diet, you get the opportunity to trim down with the fasting but then you create and anabolic environment and take advantage with the feeding window. It works, you are getting the best of both worlds don't doubt it for a second... I myself gained 2 lbs and I am still losing as fast as I was on less calories. Lean gains is the Holy Grail ....

18. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah recomp is very strong on this diet, you get the opportunity to trim down with the fasting but then you create and anabolic environment and take advantage with the feeding window. It works, you are getting the best of both worlds don't doubt it for a second... I myself gained 2 lbs and I am still losing as fast as I was on less calories. Lean gains is the Holy Grail ....
    Truth.. This is one diet that, at least for me, in which you can not go by the scale. There was a period where my weight was not changing AT ALL, and I was getting visibly leaner. Even at a fairly big deficit I was still only dropping scale weight very slowly.
    Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 06-21-2011 at 12:10 PM.

19. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Truth.. This is one diet that, at least for me, in which you can not go by the scale. There was a period where my weight was not changing AT ALL, and I was getting visibly leaner. Even at a fairly big deficit I was still only dropping scale weight very slowly.
    Agreed! Making huge changes in the mirror with minimal to no changes on the scale is what almost everyone wants to achieve! Well, everyone who is looking to trim the fat anyway!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

20. Definitely motivating to carry on! Ill see if ican get some pics/measurements tonight to compare to 3 weeks from this fri when my goal is

21. Agree. I'm at a serious deficit on rest days and am leaning out nicely. No change on the scale and strength is up. I can't believe I ate 6-7 meals a day for so long like a sucker.

22. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

Absolutely man!! This diet might be the holy grail. I havent been as lucky as you guys on the recomping effects, but I have been geared more towards cutting. I'm adjusting more towards a recomp now so I will hopefully get to reap the same benefits...................... .......um and I'm on cycle too!!
    Recoverbro Elite

23. Subbed!

Just completed my second day. Its probably too early to assess anything but during the day, aside from a few minor hunger pains, I was completely alert and focused.

We'll see how tomorrow goes (rest day but will be doing some cardio and probably abs (doing PHAT))

24. Been on LG for a few days now and am definitely seeing results. Noticeably leaner already and strength was up yesterday. Brb eating ice cream and losing fat on LG

25. Quote Originally Posted by T50 View Post
    Been on LG for a few days now and am definitely seeing results. Noticeably leaner already and strength was up yesterday. Brb eating ice cream and losing fat on LG
    Having your cake and eating it too?....that's lean gains for ya
    Recoverbro Elite

26. Shiiiet im probably still being stricter on what foods i eat than some of ya... but thats ok Im cutting and its working! Once i jump to recomp or bulk I will definitely be indulging a little! First low carb day went well... sitting 1.4 lbs lighter just for low carbing it yesterday

27. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Absolutely man!! This diet might be the holy grail. I havent been as lucky as you guys on the recomping effects, but I have been geared more towards cutting. I'm adjusting more towards a recomp now so I will hopefully get to reap the same benefits...................... .......um and I'm on cycle too!!
    At first I was cutting too buy my intention was recomp, now that I added EPI-Strong I aimed at lean bulk but got more recomp effect, I will continue to ease the cals up. I have gained some nice size already and leaned out nicely but I am still looking to see if it can get even better... I love this diet so much, it's turning me into a lean mean massive machine... Biggest changes in 25 years of lifting....I love what has happened to my physique. Stay tuned for my prep this summer, I promise an absolute extravaganza!! I am already bigger and leaner than I have ever been and it's going to get a lot better!! I am enjoying every minute of this..I want everybody to go give Chris reps!!!

28. I would give him Reps but it won't let me. Apparently I can't rep myself. DAYUM! I do so love the intermittent fasting, I REALLY love the leniency it brings to the table. I will say it doesn't take much to overshoot cals when not counting if you just go by appetite. Once the stomach stretches out eating instinctively can be interesting. However I will say that I have never been able to clean up quite so quickly after long weekends of massive eating. I have had a few recently just because of the holidays and what not and I am consistently able to be back at the same or lower body fat within a week but also have more LBM.

Now when I say I have been eating loosely I mean LOOSELY during these weekends. Maybe even up to 5000 cals a day and my maintenance is right about 2500. So recovering within a week of massive overeating with a little extra LBM has been pretty nice. Yet if I want to finish stripping down to 6% I am gonna have to focus a little more on eating cleaner on the weekend and I will lean out very rapidly. I am going to be taking some pics this weekend and then again in a month of just cleaning it up on the weekends and see where I am at.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

29. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I would give him Reps but it won't let me. Apparently I can't rep myself. DAYUM! I do so love the intermittent fasting, I REALLY love the leniency it brings to the table. I will say it doesn't take much to overshoot cals when not counting if you just go by appetite. Once the stomach stretches out eating instinctively can be interesting. However I will say that I have never been able to clean up quite so quickly after long weekends of massive eating. I have had a few recently just because of the holidays and what not and I am consistently able to be back at the same or lower body fat within a week but also have more LBM.

Now when I say I have been eating loosely I mean LOOSELY during these weekends. Maybe even up to 5000 cals a day and my maintenance is right about 2500. So recovering within a week of massive overeating with a little extra LBM has been pretty nice. Yet if I want to finish stripping down to 6% I am gonna have to focus a little more on eating cleaner on the weekend and I will lean out very rapidly. I am going to be taking some pics this weekend and then again in a month of just cleaning it up on the weekends and see where I am at.
    Not only the leniency but the efficiency of losing by fasting while setting yourself up for an anabolic reactions it's just win, win and very efficient for what we need...

30. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Having your cake and eating it too?....that's lean gains for ya
    Absolutely! If you saw the way and what I eat, you wouldn't believe that I can and do maintain my leanness and get leaner when I want!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5