The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 19

The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 19 of 104 First ... 14171819202124 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Where can I get some "Miracle Noodles" that sounds AMAZING, I have never heard of that before, a noodle with zero carbs and zero calories, truly does sound miraculous!
    X2 These sound amazing for dieting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I got mine on Amazon. You can Subscribe and Save to get 15% off and free shipping, and you can cancel anytime. I got it when there was an additional 15% off, but it's still best deal I can find.

The noodles are made from Glucomannan (sp?), so plant root fiber that actually makes you feel fuller and has no caloric value (perfect diet/pre-contest food). It's been around a long time in Asia, just never made it mainstream. The noodles come in bags with liquid in it, and when you open it they smell like fish, but once you rinse and boil it, just add it in a frying pan with meat, veggies, and sauce and it's great!
    Now sells Glucomannan in caps but I've never seen a noodle made from it. Thanks for the LG info and telling us about these noodles! REPS

EDIT: must spread reputation around before giving to MILAS again
    :blindfold:

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

OK, one more quick question about meal beakdown...

is meal 1 10% of cals / postw/o meal 80% of cals / 2nd post w/o 10% the only split I should do or can I do something like 20/ 60/ 20?
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    OK, one more quick question about meal beakdown...

is meal 1 10% of cals / postw/o meal 80% of cals / 2nd post w/o 10% the only split I should do or can I do something like 20/ 60/ 20?
    You can do 20/60/20 if you llike. Play around with it and find what works best for you. Start with the 10 and try it out, then keep bumping it up until you find YOUR sweet spot.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

You can do 20/60/20 if you llike. Play around with it and find what works best for you. Start with the 10 and try it out, then keep bumping it up until you find YOUR sweet spot.
    Thanks again, just needed to check if the breakdown was "set in stone". Good to know I can play around with numbers a little. I have high hopes for my current cut!
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

the only sucky thing with those noodles is the price, like $1.50-2 per serving. but not all bad.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I got mine on Amazon. You can Subscribe and Save to get 15% off and free shipping, and you can cancel anytime. I got it when there was an additional 15% off, but it's still best deal I can find.

The noodles are made from Glucomannan (sp?), so plant root fiber that actually makes you feel fuller and has no caloric value (perfect diet/pre-contest food). It's been around a long time in Asia, just never made it mainstream. The noodles come in bags with liquid in it, and when you open it they smell like fish, but once you rinse and boil it, just add it in a frying pan with meat, veggies, and sauce and it's great!
    Here in Atlanta, GA Farmer's markets are very popular and we have quite a few that are Asian owned/run, so we have a large variety of Asian products, I wonder if I can find it at one of those, also the food at these markets are DIRT-CHEAP, can't hurt to look. I'll just ask the clerk if they have any Glucomannan noodles/pasta and see if they know what I am talking about, if not I'll just search around on my own! Thanks for the info Bro!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Here in Atlanta, GA Farmer's markets are very popular and we have quite a few that are Asian owned/run, so we have a large variety of Asian products, I wonder if I can find it at one of those, also the food at these markets are DIRT-CHEAP, can't hurt to look. I'll just ask the clerk if they have any Glucomannan noodles/pasta and see if they know what I am talking about, if not I'll just search around on my own! Thanks for the info Bro!
    They're referred to as Shirataki noodles IIRC. You can google and see if you can find it cheaper. There are Asian markets all around me in Virginia, but I like to shop online!
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Interesting on the noodles. I am a cheapo so I will probably never get to taste these bad boys. Maybe on a contest diet as Milas mentioned. Otherwise I just save the noodles for my build days, or just one serving on a burn day. Doing them with 100-150 grams of carbs on burn days still allows me a bit of leniency to have 50 grams of carbs in the form of noodles, breads, pasta or rice. Especially if I have extended my fast. If only eating 2 meals, 75 grams of carbs each is pretty high per meal but still keeps me to 150 grams.

Something to consider, and I will be giving it a shot is not having many carbs at all throughout the day then having a meal with a good amount of carbs. Kind of going of the study I posted in here from Lean Gains stating that abstaining from carbs the first part of the day and then having all your carbs with the last meal increased the amount of fat burned over not having carbs at all.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Interesting on the noodles. I am a cheapo so I will probably never get to taste these bad boys. Maybe on a contest diet as Milas mentioned. Otherwise I just save the noodles for my build days, or just one serving on a burn day. Doing them with 100-150 grams of carbs on burn days still allows me a bit of leniency to have 50 grams of carbs in the form of noodles, breads, pasta or rice. Especially if I have extended my fast. If only eating 2 meals, 75 grams of carbs each is pretty high per meal but still keeps me to 150 grams.

Something to consider, and I will be giving it a shot is not having many carbs at all throughout the day then having a meal with a good amount of carbs. Kind of going of the study I posted in here from Lean Gains stating that abstaining from carbs the first part of the day and then having all your carbs with the last meal increased the amount of fat burned over not having carbs at all.
    That's a good point. Gonna have to try that out.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

New log for "anabolic" LeanGains!

AnaBeta, RecoverPro, LeanGains - Oh My! (Sponsored)
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

How are you guys breaking down your daily macros?

for example I'm doing everything in 2-3 meals meal 1 is 20%, Postw/o is 60% or 80%, and the last meal before the fast will be 20% again.

So what do you think is the best guideline for macro distribution on a workout day (not low-carb)?

I know there's a lot of play in this type of diet but... Would I still do a 40/40/20 split for macros per meal?
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How are you guys breaking down your daily macros?

for example I'm doing everything in 2-3 meals meal 1 is 20%, Postw/o is 60% or 80%, and the last meal before the fast will be 20% again.

So what do you think is the best guideline for macro distribution on a workout day (not low-carb)?

I know there's a lot of play in this type of diet but... Would I still do a 40/40/20 split for macros per meal?
    I am 50 30 20 on wd's p c f and 50 20 30 on nwd's this is an individual thing as the lower carbs seem to suit me better. This can also change on situations, protein may go down in percentage when on higher calories and not using anabolics. I will not bother going above 350 grams in a situation like that. Basically apply the macros you prefer.. and seem to work the best for you.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I am 50 30 20 on wd's p c f and 50 20 30 on nwd's this is an individual thing as the lower carbs seem to suit me better. This can also change on situations, protein may go down in percentage when on higher calories and not using anabolics. I will not bother going above 350 grams in a situation like that. Basically apply the macros you prefer.. and seem to work the best for you.
    This is a pretty good outline as I don't want my diet to get too complicated.

Thank you DW, I'm still learning the particulars of this one. I'm gonna post before and after pics to show my progress by the end of the summer.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

This is a pretty good outline as I don't want my diet to get too complicated.

Thank you DW, I'm still learning the particulars of this one. I'm gonna post before and after pics to show my progress by the end of the summer.
    If you like big feeds and don't mind fasting then this is the way to go...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

two days deep and I don't mind the fasting one bit. The big meal postworkout is pretty damn awesome today was 300g shredded beef, a scoop of guacamole, two cups lime seasoned rice, diced tomato and onion and 1scoop vanilla isolate with a scoop of lemon creme pie UP 2.0
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I agree. Fast,...gorge....repeat!!

I love this way of eating. I've really adapted to it.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I agree. Fast,...gorge....repeat!!

I love this way of eating. I've really adapted to it.
    It took me a couple weeks to adjust to it but I don't have any problems fasting now (besides less productive gym performance) and I can eat like a beast afterwards, where before I ate half and felt sick!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

two days deep and I don't mind the fasting one bit. The big meal postworkout is pretty damn awesome today was 300g shredded beef, a scoop of guacamole, two cups lime seasoned rice, diced tomato and onion and 1scoop vanilla isolate with a scoop of lemon creme pie UP 2.0
    Nice, yah I love my post workout meals!! Tonight I'll be having 3 large lean ground beef patties and 3 flat bread whole wheat buns and 2 cups frozen yogurt, oh and will have to throw in a can of tuna to get my protein levels up. Nothing like hoovering 3 burgers though...

Saturday is 24 oz Sirloin day whoo hoo!!
  19. Senior Member

on burn days its actually tough for me to break down and eat lol. i wanna keep fasting.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Nice, yah I love my post workout meals!! Tonight I'll be having 3 large lean ground beef patties and 3 flat bread whole wheat buns and 2 cups frozen yogurt, oh and will have to throw in a can of tuna to get my protein levels up. Nothing like hoovering 3 burgers though...

Saturday is 24 oz Sirloin day whoo hoo!!
    This has me drooling at work haha I'm gonna copy ya on that. My weekends are for grilling so Fri and Sat are gonna be epic with this diet.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    on burn days its actually tough for me to break down and eat lol. i wanna keep fasting.
    I am pretty anabolic right now so the appetite is a bit crazy....
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I wish I had that problem on burn days. I always look forward to meals and extending the fast is a chore sometimes
    Recoverbro Elite
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I am pretty much the same way. I tend to break fast around 4 or even 7 on burn days.
    I am pretty anabolic right now so the appetite is a bit crazy....
    Yeah you are!
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I wish I had that problem on burn days. I always look forward to meals and extending the fast is a chore sometimes
    Man your abs are looking sick now. You should put up comparison pics from when you started Lean Gains until now. The changes have been impressive. Dougs are phenominal too. I have done pretty damn well for not counting anything and allowing myself a lot of freedoms. I will buckle down a little more over the next 2.5 weeks and see what I bring to the table in my after pics for the 1-Andro run.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

I will buckle down a little more over the next 2.5 weeks and see what I bring to the table in my after pics for the 1-Andro run.
    I think we are all looking forward to that my Brotha!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  26. New Member

Quick question from an IF newbie - I understand the meal calorie ratio of 20/60/20, but I still dont get the carb/fat/protein ratio that I have to maintain overall (my particular goal is to lose weight more than gain muscle). I could'nt find nutrient ratios anywhere for this diet, could one of you guys help me out on how to plan each meal. I use livestrong to measure nutrient ratios in my food.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sandys View Post
    Quick question from an IF newbie - I understand the meal calorie ratio of 20/60/20, but I still dont get the carb/fat/protein ratio that I have to maintain overall (my particular goal is to lose weight more than gain muscle). I could'nt find nutrient ratios anywhere for this diet, could one of you guys help me out on how to plan each meal. I use livestrong to measure nutrient ratios in my food.
    I used a macro ratio that would work well for me being very carbs sensitive, 50 25 25
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

There is not any macros suggested in lean gains. I wouldn't really call Lean Gains a diet, moreso a way of eating. The 20/60/20 is also depending on when you actually workout. Mine would be 50/25/25, I train fasted in the morning. The 20/60/20 would be for working out during lunch or in the middle of your feeding window. However when it comes to macros what ever macros seem to work best for you in general will still hold true here. The biggest thing though is that there is not really any need to cut carbs down to the levels of a keto diet. I am pretty carb sensitive and do really well with 200-250 grams of carbs on training days and 100-150 on non training days. However on a normal eating pattern I would start getting fat on 200 grams of carbs a day.

That I know of no one here actually knows the recomendations for a true cutting diet the way Martin would have us do it. So we are all trying to learn together by discussing it here. One method has been to eat good on Build /training days and very minimal intake on Burn days. Not exactly a Lean Gains approach more of an IF in general approach. Others still keep the full 8 hour window on Burn days and simply cut the cals from training days in half. Something I might recommend is do maintenance + 10% on build days and -30% on Burn days.

That being said DreamWeaver has come down a lot in weight using the exact +20/-20 that is prescribed for recomp. So you can easily follow that and drop fat quickly.
  29. New Member

There is not any macros suggested in lean gains. I wouldn't really call Lean Gains a diet, moreso a way of eating. The 20/60/20 is also depending on when you actually workout. Mine would be 50/25/25, I train fasted in the morning. The 20/60/20 would be for working out during lunch or in the middle of your feeding window. However when it comes to macros what ever macros seem to work best for you in general will still hold true here. The biggest thing though is that there is not really any need to cut carbs down to the levels of a keto diet. I am pretty carb sensitive and do really well with 200-250 grams of carbs on training days and 100-150 on non training days. However on a normal eating pattern I would start getting fat on 200 grams of carbs a day.

That I know of no one here actually knows the recomendations for a true cutting diet the way Martin would have us do it. So we are all trying to learn together by discussing it here. One method has been to eat good on Build /training days and very minimal intake on Burn days. Not exactly a Lean Gains approach more of an IF in general approach. Others still keep the full 8 hour window on Burn days and simply cut the cals from training days in half. Something I might recommend is do maintenance + 10% on build days and -30% on Burn days.

That being said DreamWeaver has come down a lot in weight using the exact +20/-20 that is prescribed for recomp. So you can easily follow that and drop fat quickly.
    @MrKleen73 - thanks for the reply.
    My schedule is a little crazy these days, so I have no option but to workout at around 6 in the evening - which is why (as you correctly guessed), I am opting for the 20/60/20 schedule.
    I am now planning to use the following worksheet (inspired by Dreamweaver):
    BMR X 13 + 20% calories at 50/25/25 (prot/carb/fat) on workout days with a 20/60/20 schedule for working out in the evenings.
    BMR X 13 - 20% calories at 50/20/30 (prot/carb/fat) on rest days
    Last edited by sandys; 07-06-2011 at 11:59 PM. Reason: wrong number
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

My schedule is a little crazy these days, so I have no option but to workout at around 6 in the evening - which is why (as you correctly guessed), I am opting for the 20/60/20 schedule.
    BMR X 13 + 20% calories at 50/25/25 (prot/carb/fat) on workout days with a 20/60/20 schedule for working out in the evenings.
    That sounds pretty good to start and you might have to adjust some as time goes on. I certainly had to keep adjusting things until I found the right numbers.
    Recoverbro Elite
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yah I am just coming off a lean bulk where I was + 26% and -10%, as I start to cut it will be more like +20 -20 I think it's +18 -18 to be precise...
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

I started lean gains yesterday. I must say that the 16 hour fast was a lot easier than I was expecting. Just wanted to say thanks to those that contributed to this thread already...you guys sold me on giving LG a try. I spent several days on the LG website reading Martin's blogs and all the information before I finally decided to commit. Anxious to see what the coming weeks bring.
  33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quil View Post
    I started lean gains yesterday. I must say that the 16 hour fast was a lot easier than I was expecting. Just wanted to say thanks to those that contributed to this thread already...you guys sold me on giving LG a try. I spent several days on the LG website reading Martin's blogs and all the information before I finally decided to commit. Anxious to see what the coming weeks bring.
    Yah really you just skip breakfast and that's about it. Doesn't seem like 16 hours..
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

This has peaked my interest, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Im a fat kid with carb sensitivity...I need to cover my azz with good nutrition.

4wk Androhard/Androlean 4wkPCT log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    This has peaked my interest, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Im a fat kid with carb sensitivity...I need to cover my azz with good nutrition.

I see you found the thread
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    I see you found the thread
    Ha! right after I posted the question to you.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/252210-greens-climb-top.html#post4548443
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quil View Post
    Enjoyvthe ride man. Its a lifestyle change that is much easier than it sounds for sure with great results.
    Recoverbro Elite
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

ok Im read up. Lets see if I understand this correctly. I'd like to recomp during PCT so Im to eat 20% below maintenance on off days and 20% above on workout days. I am an evening lifter, so from what I have gathered my schedule should look like this.

Wake(around 0730-0800hrs)
    Break Fast at 1200hrs (20% of total daily calories)
    Pre workout BCAA at 1500hrs
    Workout at 1530-1645hrs (approximate)
    Meal 2 post workout (60% of total daily calories)
    Meal 3 within 8hr window (20% total daily calories)

Does this look correct? This is very new to me, and I like to have all my ducks in a row before I go messing around with foreign concepts.

39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TurningGreen View Post
    ok Im read up. Lets see if I understand this correctly. I'd like to recomp during PCT so Im to eat 20% below maintenance on off days and 20% above on workout days. I am an evening lifter, so from what I have gathered my schedule should look like this.

Wake(around 0730-0800hrs)
    Break Fast at 1200hrs (20% of total daily calories)
    Pre workout BCAA at 1500hrs
    Workout at 1530-1645hrs (approximate)
    Meal 2 post workout (60% of total daily calories)
    Meal 3 within 8hr window (20% total daily calories)

Does this look correct? This is very new to me, and I like to have all my ducks in a row before I go messing around with foreign concepts.

Yup, that's almost the same exact layout I'm using with good results so far.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"   lbs.

Yup, that's almost the same exact layout I'm using with good results so far.
    Thanks MonsterMash, I ll get the math done later today. I'm looking forward to getting away from my old style of eating (every 3hrs) should make for an interesting next four weeks of my PCT log.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 06:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 12:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements