The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 18 of 104 First ... 13161718192023 ... Last
  1. New Member
    adnscmplx's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    50.21%

    Agree. I'm at a serious deficit on rest days and am leaning out nicely. No change on the scale and strength is up. I can't believe I ate 6-7 meals a day for so long like a sucker.

  2. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989351
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Yah recomp is very strong on this diet, you get the opportunity to trim down with the fasting but then you create and anabolic environment and take advantage with the feeding window. It works, you are getting the best of both worlds don't doubt it for a second... I myself gained 2 lbs and I am still losing as fast as I was on less calories. Lean gains is the Holy Grail ....

    Absolutely man!! This diet might be the holy grail. I havent been as lucky as you guys on the recomping effects, but I have been geared more towards cutting. I'm adjusting more towards a recomp now so I will hopefully get to reap the same benefits...................... .......um and I'm on cycle too!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  3. New Member
    Carnicero's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    295
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    37%

    Subbed!

    Just completed my second day. Its probably too early to assess anything but during the day, aside from a few minor hunger pains, I was completely alert and focused.

    We'll see how tomorrow goes (rest day but will be doing some cardio and probably abs (doing PHAT))
    •   
       

  4. T50
    Advanced Member
    T50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    6737
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

    Been on LG for a few days now and am definitely seeing results. Noticeably leaner already and strength was up yesterday. Brb eating ice cream and losing fat on LG
  5. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989351
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by T50 View Post
    Been on LG for a few days now and am definitely seeing results. Noticeably leaner already and strength was up yesterday. Brb eating ice cream and losing fat on LG
    Having your cake and eating it too?....that's lean gains for ya
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  6. Senior Member
    FlawedGrunt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,849
    Rep Power
    2279
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Shiiiet im probably still being stricter on what foods i eat than some of ya... but thats ok Im cutting and its working! Once i jump to recomp or bulk I will definitely be indulging a little! First low carb day went well... sitting 1.4 lbs lighter just for low carbing it yesterday
  7. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,551
    Rep Power
    708196
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Absolutely man!! This diet might be the holy grail. I havent been as lucky as you guys on the recomping effects, but I have been geared more towards cutting. I'm adjusting more towards a recomp now so I will hopefully get to reap the same benefits...................... .......um and I'm on cycle too!!
    At first I was cutting too buy my intention was recomp, now that I added EPI-Strong I aimed at lean bulk but got more recomp effect, I will continue to ease the cals up. I have gained some nice size already and leaned out nicely but I am still looking to see if it can get even better... I love this diet so much, it's turning me into a lean mean massive machine... Biggest changes in 25 years of lifting....I love what has happened to my physique. Stay tuned for my prep this summer, I promise an absolute extravaganza!! I am already bigger and leaner than I have ever been and it's going to get a lot better!! I am enjoying every minute of this..I want everybody to go give Chris reps!!!
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  8. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,897
    Rep Power
    4665239
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    20.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I would give him Reps but it won't let me. Apparently I can't rep myself. DAYUM! I do so love the intermittent fasting, I REALLY love the leniency it brings to the table. I will say it doesn't take much to overshoot cals when not counting if you just go by appetite. Once the stomach stretches out eating instinctively can be interesting. However I will say that I have never been able to clean up quite so quickly after long weekends of massive eating. I have had a few recently just because of the holidays and what not and I am consistently able to be back at the same or lower body fat within a week but also have more LBM.

    Now when I say I have been eating loosely I mean LOOSELY during these weekends. Maybe even up to 5000 cals a day and my maintenance is right about 2500. So recovering within a week of massive overeating with a little extra LBM has been pretty nice. Yet if I want to finish stripping down to 6% I am gonna have to focus a little more on eating cleaner on the weekend and I will lean out very rapidly. I am going to be taking some pics this weekend and then again in a month of just cleaning it up on the weekends and see where I am at.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  9. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,551
    Rep Power
    708196
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I would give him Reps but it won't let me. Apparently I can't rep myself. DAYUM! I do so love the intermittent fasting, I REALLY love the leniency it brings to the table. I will say it doesn't take much to overshoot cals when not counting if you just go by appetite. Once the stomach stretches out eating instinctively can be interesting. However I will say that I have never been able to clean up quite so quickly after long weekends of massive eating. I have had a few recently just because of the holidays and what not and I am consistently able to be back at the same or lower body fat within a week but also have more LBM.

    Now when I say I have been eating loosely I mean LOOSELY during these weekends. Maybe even up to 5000 cals a day and my maintenance is right about 2500. So recovering within a week of massive overeating with a little extra LBM has been pretty nice. Yet if I want to finish stripping down to 6% I am gonna have to focus a little more on eating cleaner on the weekend and I will lean out very rapidly. I am going to be taking some pics this weekend and then again in a month of just cleaning it up on the weekends and see where I am at.
    Not only the leniency but the efficiency of losing by fasting while setting yourself up for an anabolic reactions it's just win, win and very efficient for what we need...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  10. The Female Terminator
    Rosie Chee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16,163
    Rep Power
    310839
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    62.37%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Having your cake and eating it too?....that's lean gains for ya
    Absolutely! If you saw the way and what I eat, you wouldn't believe that I can and do maintain my leanness and get leaner when I want!

    ~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  11. Senior Member
    FlawedGrunt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,849
    Rep Power
    2279
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I would give him Reps but it won't let me. Apparently I can't rep myself. DAYUM! I do so love the intermittent fasting, I REALLY love the leniency it brings to the table. I will say it doesn't take much to overshoot cals when not counting if you just go by appetite. Once the stomach stretches out eating instinctively can be interesting. However I will say that I have never been able to clean up quite so quickly after long weekends of massive eating. I have had a few recently just because of the holidays and what not and I amm consistently able to be back at the same or lower body fat within a week but also have more LBM.

    Now when I say I have been eating loosely I mean LOOSELY during these weekends. Maybe even up to 5000 cals a day and my maintenance is right about 2500. So recovering within a week of massive overeating with a little extra LBM has been pretty nice. Yet if I want to finish stripping down to 6% I am gonna have to focus a little more on eating cleaner on the weekend and I will lean out very rapidly. I am going to be taking some pics this weekend and then again in a month of just cleaning it up on the weekends and see where I am at.
    No doubt! I drank like a fish last weekend and ate like shxt Saturday and I'm already leaner than last week
  12. T50
    Advanced Member
    T50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    6737
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I would give him Reps but it won't let me. Apparently I can't rep myself. DAYUM! I do so love the intermittent fasting, I REALLY love the leniency it brings to the table. I will say it doesn't take much to overshoot cals when not counting if you just go by appetite. Once the stomach stretches out eating instinctively can be interesting. However I will say that I have never been able to clean up quite so quickly after long weekends of massive eating. I have had a few recently just because of the holidays and what not and I am consistently able to be back at the same or lower body fat within a week but also have more LBM.

    Now when I say I have been eating loosely I mean LOOSELY during these weekends. Maybe even up to 5000 cals a day and my maintenance is right about 2500. So recovering within a week of massive overeating with a little extra LBM has been pretty nice. Yet if I want to finish stripping down to 6% I am gonna have to focus a little more on eating cleaner on the weekend and I will lean out very rapidly. I am going to be taking some pics this weekend and then again in a month of just cleaning it up on the weekends and see where I am at.
    Yea man, the leniency and results of this diet are too good to be true almost. I had a hugeee cheatmeal on Sunday for Father's Day and it didn't throw me back at all. Bloated yesterday but today i'm looking leaner than on Sunday for sure. Really thought that cheatmeal was going to hurt me but it seems it had no effect

    Was has also impressed me is i'm leaning up faster since starting LG and I had stopped my current stack of supps/PCT (Erase + OEP + Shift + LX) right around the same time. I figured stopping the supps would take me a week to start losing again but fat loss has only sped up since then! I did start 7-KE about 3-4 days ago though but i'm not attributing the increased fat loss to it since it's been so short.

    It's a little early to say definitively but LG seems to be amazing so far. Very excited for what the rest of the summer brings with this diet. I'm starting to wonder if I should continue it on cycle when I plan to do a lean bulk/recomp.
    Cutting all summer, cycle in September
  13. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,897
    Rep Power
    4665239
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    20.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Well we have a bunch of people running Lean Gains on DS and PH cycles right now. So you can follow along.

    My Current log FINAFLEX 1-Andro - KLEEN - Gets REDEFINE’D & grows to 6% w/ 1-Andro & PCT Revolution Black (Sponsored)

    DreamWeaver's current log - EpiStrong part starts about 2 weeks ago - Going to be a swole recovery.... with Lean Gains

    RickRock's current log Trenazone and Katana - RickRock turns RIPPEDRock with Helladrol/Trenazone and LEAN GAINS!!

    The Progestin log I just finished when I bridged into the 1-Andro, has before and after pics as well.
    KLEEN - Takes the Bull by the horns! Taurus Nutrition's w/ WYKED & Beta TNP
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  14. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,551
    Rep Power
    708196
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well we have a bunch of people running Lean Gains on DS and PH cycles right now. So you can follow along.

    My Current log FINAFLEX 1-Andro - KLEEN - Gets REDEFINE’D & grows to 6% w/ 1-Andro & PCT Revolution Black (Sponsored)

    DreamWeaver's current log - EpiStrong part starts about 2 weeks ago - Going to be a swole recovery.... with Lean Gains

    RickRock's current log Trenazone and Katana - RickRock turns RIPPEDRock with Helladrol/Trenazone and LEAN GAINS!!

    The Progestin log I just finished when I bridged into the 1-Andro, has before and after pics as well.
    KLEEN - Takes the Bull by the horns! Taurus Nutrition's w/ WYKED & Beta TNP
    Wait till you guys see what happens on this diet when you use anabolics....
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  15. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,897
    Rep Power
    4665239
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    20.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Very interesting study disproving the no carbohydrates at night stance many stick to so vehemently. This is one of the link referred to in the most recent blog by Martin.

    Greater Weight Loss and Hormonal Changes After 6 Months Diet With Carbohydrates Eaten Mostly at Dinner.Sofer S, Eliraz A, Kaplan S, Voet H, Fink G, Kima T, Madar Z.
    Source1] The Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, Institute of Biochemistry and Food Science, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel [2] Meuhedet Medical Services, Diet and Nutrition Department, Israel.

    Abstract
    This study was designed to investigate the effect of a low-calorie diet with carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner on anthropometric, hunger/satiety, biochemical, and inflammatory parameters. Hormonal secretions were also evaluated. Seventy-eight police officers (BMI >30) were randomly assigned to experimental (carbohydrates eaten mostly at dinner) or control weight loss diets for 6 months. On day 0, 7, 90, and 180 blood samples and hunger scores were collected every 4 h from 0800 to 2000 hours. Anthropometric measurements were collected throughout the study. Greater weight loss, abdominal circumference, and body fat mass reductions were observed in the experimental diet in comparison to controls. Hunger scores were lower and greater improvements in fasting glucose, average daily insulin concentrations, and homeostasis model assessment for insulin resistance (HOMA(IR)), T-cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, C-reactive protein (CRP), tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), and interleukin-6 (IL-6) levels were observed in comparison to controls. The experimental diet modified daily leptin and adiponectin concentrations compared to those observed at baseline and to a control diet. A simple dietary manipulation of carbohydrate distribution appears to have additional benefits when compared to a conventional weight loss diet in individuals suffering from obesity. It might also be beneficial for individuals suffering from insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome. Further research is required to confirm and clarify the mechanisms by which this relatively simple diet approach enhances satiety, leads to better anthropometric outcomes, and achieves improved metabolic response, compared to a more conventional dietary approach.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  16. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I saw that article referenced in last month's Muscular Development. Good read, and another one that goes against conventional wisdom.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  17. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,897
    Rep Power
    4665239
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    20.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    You know MD has some really good info they put in between thier advertisements. I often don't put too much stock in the workout in them but the research info they provide is always good compared to the other mags.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  18. T50
    Advanced Member
    T50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    6737
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Well we have a bunch of people running Lean Gains on DS and PH cycles right now. So you can follow along.

    My Current log FINAFLEX 1-Andro - KLEEN - Gets REDEFINE’D & grows to 6% w/ 1-Andro & PCT Revolution Black (Sponsored)

    DreamWeaver's current log - EpiStrong part starts about 2 weeks ago - Going to be a swole recovery.... with Lean Gains

    RickRock's current log Trenazone and Katana - RickRock turns RIPPEDRock with Helladrol/Trenazone and LEAN GAINS!!

    The Progestin log I just finished when I bridged into the 1-Andro, has before and after pics as well.
    KLEEN - Takes the Bull by the horns! Taurus Nutrition's w/ WYKED & Beta TNP
    Very nice, great post! I'll be sure to check out the logs and see what's up with LG + AAS.
    Cutting all summer, cycle in September
  19. New Member
    AldrichAStern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    152
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

    It's been years since I've posted on AM (I used to be a decently active member in 2006 or so... all the way since 2004). I left because there was a lot of elite bro-ness going on and I never thought anyone would adapt something like Leangains. Amazing to know that this has changed!!!

    As a present, I'd like to point out a blog that has dozens of gourmet LG recipes. Enjoy The Epicurean Bodybuilder
  20. Senior Member
    freezito's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,973
    Rep Power
    26192
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    54.18%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thanks for the recipes
  21. Diamond Member
    MrKleen73's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    15,897
    Rep Power
    4665239
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    20.7%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by AldrichAStern View Post
    It's been years since I've posted on AM (I used to be a decently active member in 2006 or so... all the way since 2004). I left because there was a lot of elite bro-ness going on and I never thought anyone would adapt something like Leangains. Amazing to know that this has changed!!!

    As a present, I'd like to point out a blog that has dozens of gourmet LG recipes. Enjoy The Epicurean Bodybuilder
    Thanks for the present! Man that stuff looks amazing. I am sure there is still some of the elite bro stuff is still going on but we also have a pretty tight group of people that are more about learning and sharing as much as possible. Not being the most popular or sought out on the board. Hopefully we see you in some of our logs. The 4 logs that Iposted earlier are all very open conversation logs so might be right up your alley.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  22. Professional Member
    mkretz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,383
    Rep Power
    1203636
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    85.38%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    i got another quesiton regarding lean gains....is it something u have to do for an extended tiem because id liek to experiement with it but riht now the honly way i coudl really do it is on the weekends because otherwise during the week my big fast breaking post workout meal would have to be a reheated meal from a tupperwear container eaten in a lecturea hall during class lol and I just dont liek the idea of that i want to enjoy those meals
  23. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989351
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mkretz View Post
    i got another quesiton regarding lean gains....is it something u have to do for an extended tiem because id liek to experiement with it but riht now the honly way i coudl really do it is on the weekends because otherwise during the week my big fast breaking post workout meal would have to be a reheated meal from a tupperwear container eaten in a lecturea hall during class lol and I just dont liek the idea of that i want to enjoy those meals
    There might be some benefit to fasting on the weekends vs. not but to get the full benefit of this it really needs to be an every day thing IMO
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  24. Professional Member
    Bolanrox's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,096
    Rep Power
    81803
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    60.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AldrichAStern View Post
    It's been years since I've posted on AM (I used to be a decently active member in 2006 or so... all the way since 2004). I left because there was a lot of elite bro-ness going on and I never thought anyone would adapt something like Leangains. Amazing to know that this has changed!!!

    As a present, I'd like to point out a blog that has dozens of gourmet LG recipes. Enjoy The Epicurean Bodybuilder

    Those are some great looking recipes!
  25. New Member
    jhern216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    36.3%

    Would including a probiotic or digestive enzymes be any beneficial in IF?
  26. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39387
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    59.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jhern216 View Post
    Would including a probiotic or digestive enzymes be any beneficial in IF?
    I think the inclusion of either would be beneficial in most settings -- including IF.
  27. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jhern216 View Post
    Would including a probiotic or digestive enzymes be any beneficial in IF?
    I do both, helps with nutrient absorption and processing food.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  28. New Member
    jhern216's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    36.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    I think the inclusion of either would be beneficial in most settings -- including IF.
    How about utilizing both or is it overkill? I've been having some constipation problems on IF and I wanna see if this can help? My fiber is pretty normal..around 25 to 30 grams a day so I don't think that's the problem
  29. Elite Member
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989351
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by jhern216 View Post
    How about utilizing both or is it overkill? I've been having some constipation problems on IF and I wanna see if this can help? My fiber is pretty normal..around 25 to 30 grams a day so I don't think that's the problem
    Utilizing both would be great and may solve your problem!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  30. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Oh yeah, it'll clear you right out! It'll take a good couple weeks to re-establish a new equilibrium, until then you may have stinky gas and loose BM as you clear out the crud.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  31. Senior Member
    Red Dog's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,165
    Rep Power
    39387
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    59.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jhern216 View Post
    How about utilizing both or is it overkill? I've been having some constipation problems on IF and I wanna see if this can help? My fiber is pretty normal..around 25 to 30 grams a day so I don't think that's the problem
    I agree with the other guys -- if you have the money then both would be solid investments. I'm not sure if you use it already, but taking a couple TBSP of flax oil can really help with constipation as well. You get the added health benefits of flax (rich in omega 3s), plus it will help things progress through the colon without the urgency that comes with taking a traditional laxative.
  32. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110763
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    This week's Trivia Question will take place today, Monday, June 27th at 4:00pm Eastern Standard time! And the price will be one bottle of ALC + CLA.

    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  33. New Member
    vudoo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    191
    Rep Power
    201
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    56.37%

    anyone use uni-liver post workout instead of straight BCAAs? Seems easier to pop a few of those instead of the powder. Easier to me at least.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I use both BCAA and Uni-Liver or Beef Aminos. I like AI Sports RecoverPro Raspberry 4:1:1 BCAA, tastes refreshing, I enjoy drinking it.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  35. Diamond Member
    DreamWeaver's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    20,551
    Rep Power
    708196
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I use both BCAA and Uni-Liver or Beef Aminos. I like AI Sports RecoverPro Raspberry 4:1:1 BCAA, tastes refreshing, I enjoy drinking it.
    Yah nice tasting stuff to be sure... I should be getting my lemon any day now, the strike is over!! ... and my prize money should be in...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  36. Senior Member
    monstermash's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,990
    Rep Power
    19726
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    5.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ok, starting LG today. I'm going with the 1 meal preworkout approach since I wake up @ 5am and workout about 3pm. Just need some info on rest day macro split...can anyone help a brother out? Too many pages to comb in this monster thread.

    How much lower do I take the carbs, how much do I raise the fat, and do I lower overall cals on rest days?
    :blindfold:
  37. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by monstermash View Post
    ok, starting LG today. I'm going with the 1 meal preworkout approach since I wake up @ 5am and workout about 3pm. Just need some info on rest day macro split...can anyone help a brother out? Too many pages to comb in this monster thread.

    How much lower do I take the carbs, how much do I raise the fat, and do I lower overall cals on rest days?
    Only "requirement" on off days is 20% below maintenance calories. I think you want to keep protein high, so your macros will naturally tend toward that. I think generally speaking my off days are 40-50% protein and ~20% carbs with the balance in fats. Adding in some cardio also helps, then you can eat a little more

    I like my Miracle Noodles on off days, Zero calories and I can flavor and add to meat and veggies. Feels like Asian Noodles, but without the carbs or calories! I also eat a lot of PowerChews on off days to keep me feeling fuller (and get aminos).
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  38. Elite Member
    ScottyDoc's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    110763
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Only "requirement" on off days is 20% below maintenance calories. I think you want to keep protein high, so your macros will naturally tend toward that. I think generally speaking my off days are 40-50% protein and ~20% carbs with the balance in fats. Adding in some cardio also helps, then you can eat a little more

    I like my Miracle Noodles on off days, Zero calories and I can flavor and add to meat and veggies. Feels like Asian Noodles, but without the carbs or calories! I also eat a lot of PowerChews on off days to keep me feeling fuller (and get aminos).
    Where can I get some "Miracle Noodles" that sounds AMAZING, I have never heard of that before, a noodle with zero carbs and zero calories, truly does sound miraculous!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  39. Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,003
    Rep Power
    36685
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    79.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Where can I get some "Miracle Noodles" that sounds AMAZING, I have never heard of that before, a noodle with zero carbs and zero calories, truly does sound miraculous!
    I got mine on Amazon. You can Subscribe and Save to get 15% off and free shipping, and you can cancel anytime. I got it when there was an additional 15% off, but it's still best deal I can find.

    The noodles are made from Glucomannan (sp?), so plant root fiber that actually makes you feel fuller and has no caloric value (perfect diet/pre-contest food). It's been around a long time in Asia, just never made it mainstream. The noodles come in bags with liquid in it, and when you open it they smell like fish, but once you rinse and boil it, just add it in a frying pan with meat, veggies, and sauce and it's great!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  40. Sik
    New Member
    Sik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    144
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    75.37%

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    I got mine on Amazon. You can Subscribe and Save to get 15% off and free shipping, and you can cancel anytime. I got it when there was an additional 15% off, but it's still best deal I can find.

    The noodles are made from Glucomannan (sp?), so plant root fiber that actually makes you feel fuller and has no caloric value (perfect diet/pre-contest food). It's been around a long time in Asia, just never made it mainstream. The noodles come in bags with liquid in it, and when you open it they smell like fish, but once you rinse and boil it, just add it in a frying pan with meat, veggies, and sauce and it's great!
    I already send an email for them trying to know where is the shop in europe.

    If i can buy it, i will thank u 4ever!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 07:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:31 PM
  4. T1-PRO vs. One for Lean Gains..
    By skumster225 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in