The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 17 of 166 First ... 1516171819 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Hah that's what I have been thinking .. extending my fast on off days to increase my satisfaction when I reduce calories further. I will be going down to 2100 on off days and I don't want to spread that over 3 meals... I will be much more satisfied waiting till 5pm and gorging a bit...
    On low cal days that is definitely the way to do it. You actually feel full and satisfied for at least part of the day.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    On low cal days that is definitely the way to do it. You actually feel full and satisfied for at least part of the day.
    My thinking exactly...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Hah that's what I have been thinking .. extending my fast on off days to increase my satisfaction when I reduce calories further. I will be going down to 2100 on off days and I don't want to spread that over 3 meals... I will be much more satisfied waiting till 5pm and gorging a bit...
    I fast until 5-5:30, and eat basically 1 big meal at 5-5:30, and a small meal at 8-8:30. I have been doing this for a while now, training day or not.

This way I get to eat a bit more in that one meal, and I actually found myself getting more hungry after I ate at 12:30, vs fasting all day. However come 3:30-4pm, I am watching the clock pretty hardcore.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    The first rule of Lean Gains is there are no cheat meals!

But yeah, I would classify it as that!

2 hyuge servings of Butter chicken
    2 hyuge servings of Saag
    2 Tandoori Chicken legs
    3 Samosas
    4 servings Naan
    3 big servings curried vegetables
    1 bowl rice dessert (forgot name)
    5 Gulab Jamun balls w/loads of syrup

and when I got home I had a brownie, a glass of milk, and passed out for the evening (8PM)

I was at about 5600 calories for the day, a bit above my 4400 target (20% over maintenance)!

This morning, cleared it ALL out before quads!
    WTF? I'm in India working running away from this and you eat like a mad man loool

yesterday

1 Butter panner
    4 Tandoori Chicken tighs
    2 entire naan's lol
    2 vegetable palav

And i was done lol but man 5 Gulab Jamun balls are so good loool and i run from them!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    WTF? I'm in India working running away from this and you eat like a mad man loool

yesterday

1 Butter panner
    4 Tandoori Chicken tighs
    2 entire naan's lol
    2 vegetable palav

And i was done lol but man 5 Gulab Jamun balls are so good loool and i run from them!
    hmm for me yesterday was a tandori chicken leg + thigh, about 1/2lb of goat curry, some vegetable palav, 3 cups of chicken biriyani, some chole, and crap like I remember the rest only one gulab jamun tho.

Last night I'm not sure how badly I blew out timing as we went out shooting pool at like 830ish and I drank steadily till 230am. Feel decent surprisingly this morning, tired but not really hung over. Started with sugar free red bull + sailor jerry then started doing the hourly shot specials, which i don't even remember what they were now. bar tab was around $90 for me + the wife
    •   

6. I'm in india and i'm running from here!

And you guy's are eating a lot of Indian food? Spicy food here kills my stomach...

Here most of the time i'm almost a pure Cetogenic Guy

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post

yesterday

1 Butter panner
    4 Tandoori Chicken tighs
    2 entire naan's lol
    2 vegetable palav

Looks tasty! Yeah, I don't eat that way often, more of a cheat/treat. The Gulab Jamun was a bit more than I usually eat, but the new management of this restaurant has made all of the food better/fresher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I'm in india and i'm running from here!

And you guy's are eating a lot of Indian food? Spicy food here kills my stomach...

Here most of the time i'm almost a pure Cetogenic Guy
    I paid for it the next morning, cleared me out, but not too bad. My wife gets hit harder, it takes her a day to recover. We love carbs, but I try to stay away.

I would be in a LOT of trouble if I were in India!!! Probably eat a lot of Tandoori.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

8. I only eat it about once a month, maybe less than that really

9. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    hmm for me yesterday was a tandori chicken leg + thigh, about 1/2lb of goat curry, some vegetable palav, 3 cups of chicken biriyani, some chole, and crap like I remember the rest only one gulab jamun tho.

Last night I'm not sure how badly I blew out timing as we went out shooting pool at like 830ish and I drank steadily till 230am. Feel decent surprisingly this morning, tired but not really hung over. Started with sugar free red bull + sailor jerry then started doing the hourly shot specials, which i don't even remember what they were now. bar tab was around $90 for me + the wife
    You're making me want to go back!!!

Drinking is a hard one to figure out, but every once in a while I don't think it'd be too bad for you. I just can't stand spending money like that when I can drink for much less at home, and even then I rarely do anymore! My wife though, she loves her wine! Dealing with our 4yr old, it's her reward / patience booster at the end of the night!

10. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I fast until 5-5:30, and eat basically 1 big meal at 5-5:30, and a small meal at 8-8:30. I have been doing this for a while now, training day or not.

This way I get to eat a bit more in that one meal, and I actually found myself getting more hungry after I ate at 12:30, vs fasting all day. However come 3:30-4pm, I am watching the clock pretty hardcore.
    I am watching the clock for any fast break, I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm getting close to chow time...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

11. The IF method is really interesting. I also want to follow the IF diet but I have a few questions: For me its easier to eat from 7:30am to roughly 15:30pm(maybe shorter). Does it matter that much? Leangains recommed to fast until noon, but I have to do a lot of work(including training) in the evening and I dont want to spend the time where Iam not even thinking about eating at all(due to work) with eating. I also tend to be very hungry in the morning hours than to be in the evening.

12. Quote Originally Posted by mcgeier View Post
    The IF method is really interesting. I also want to follow the IF diet but I have a few questions: For me its easier to eat from 7:30am to roughly 15:30pm(maybe shorter). Does it matter that much? Leangains recommed to fast until noon, but I have to do a lot of work(including training) in the evening and I dont want to spend the time where Iam not even thinking about eating at all(due to work) with eating. I also tend to be very hungry in the morning hours than to be in the evening.
    It seems like you could, just follow the 16hr fast, 8hr feed protocol.

If you're training in the evening, you'd probably want to make sure you're getting in a good amount of food pre-workout, so making your last meal rich in protein and slow carbs, and some good fats would probably be best.

Try it out, see if it works, and adjust from there. It's all a big experiment anyway!!!

13. The Lean Gains can be used during any 16/8 hour window. He recommends the 12-8 because that is easier for most people and they get to eat dinner with their family. However otherwise it really doesn't matter too much other than personal preference. Also as you can see you do not have to do the exact amounts of time. Man I am really hungry now, but I won't be breaking fast until about 1:00 PM. I have a lunch date with the wife and not even sure what we are going to eat, but I am starting to think maybe a huge double meat chopped baker from Pappa's BBQ smothered with jalapenos that is EASILY 1500 cals right there.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

14. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    The Lean Gains can be used during any 16/8 hour window. He recommends the 12-8 because that is easier for most people and they get to eat dinner with their family. However otherwise it really doesn't matter too much other than personal preference. Also as you can see you do not have to do the exact amounts of time. Man I am really hungry now, but I won't be breaking fast until about 1:00 PM. I have a lunch date with the wife and not even sure what we are going to eat, but I am starting to think maybe a huge double meat chopped baker from Pappa's BBQ smothered with jalapenos that is EASILY 1500 cals right there.
    Jealous.. that sounds so amazing right now, Dieting sometimes =
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

15. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    It seems like you could, just follow the 16hr fast, 8hr feed protocol.

If you're training in the evening, you'd probably want to make sure you're getting in a good amount of food pre-workout, so making your last meal rich in protein and slow carbs, and some good fats would probably be best.

Try it out, see if it works, and adjust from there. It's all a big experiment anyway!!!
    . Thanks. Yeah I will adjust depending on results. Will be taking some bcaas after workout since I usually workout at 11 pm.

16. Yes, BCAA are very good during the 16hr fast!

17. Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Agreed but this makes things a lot easier. I diet on my low calorie days and scarf on my anabolic days.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

18. Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Yeah.. Every time I get on here and read the stuff they are eating it instantly makes me HUNGRY!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Agreed but this makes things a lot easier. I diet on my low calorie days and scarf on my anabolic days.
    The funny thing is that's what I've been doing the past few weeks, On off days i do cardio and diet pretty strictly but on days i train i eat whatever/whenever. There HAS to be a benefit to it because your supporting muscle growth on the days you NEED it and on the off days your still maintaining enough protein and eating less calories. I'm just gonna stick with it and see where i end up in a few weeks.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

20. Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Yeah.. Every time I get on here and read the stuff they are eating it instantly makes me HUNGRY!!!
    Yeah i love eating so i had to adapt a little to IF.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post

yesterday

1 Butter panner
    4 Tandoori Chicken tighs
    2 entire naan's lol
    2 vegetable palav

my god you lucky ppl.
    I'm gluten intolerant ; ;
    nan has gluten right? ; ; Please tell it doesn't i'mma head over to my local indian place and eat all I can!

22. Livestrong.com

23. Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    Livestrong.com
    Thanks lol

Should really use the sources available. Sometimes the excitement of looking at the awesome meals makes me forget I can think for myself haha

24. Cornbread is fantastic.

That is all.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    The first rule of Lean Gains is there are no cheat meals!

But yeah, I would classify it as that!

2 hyuge servings of Butter chicken
    2 hyuge servings of Saag
    2 Tandoori Chicken legs
    3 Samosas
    4 servings Naan
    3 big servings curried vegetables
    1 bowl rice dessert (forgot name)
    5 Gulab Jamun balls w/loads of syrup

and when I got home I had a brownie, a glass of milk, and passed out for the evening (8PM)

I was at about 5600 calories for the day, a bit above my 4400 target (20% over maintenance)!

This morning, cleared it ALL out before quads!
    Is it wrong that I went from 6 to midnight when I read that? Could be the fact I get to eat in 30 minutes and I am starving!
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements