The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 15 of 166 First ... 1314151617 ... Last

1. I was thinking of pulsing hdrol

2. Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    I was thinking of pulsing hdrol
    Not a good choice IMO.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Glad it's working for ya kleen. Like I said diets there are many paths for many individuals. For me the fast part wasn't any different results wise than any other similar diet or cutting program, and I am pretty sure I have ran it longer than anyone on this thread. Maybe not though, I haven't read through every post. I still prefer my own tweaked out diet combination and eating around 5 meals a day.
    Most people I see doing diets could likely reach their goals if they just ate cleaner and stuck with it. The main point about any bodybuilding diet or workout plan is sticking to it IMO. You have to experiment to know what works for ya though.
    Definitely. I like it for it's simplicity / convenience and ease for me to follow and getting same effects i do on much stricter dieting if not better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Any idea on how the shift in ghrelin affects GH pulses? Is it better or worse for GH release?

I was thinking of doing cjc-1295 DAC in the evenings (500mcg EOD) and Ipamorelin (150mcg ED) in the evenings and mornings to take advantage of the fasting times, and get a big GH boost. Thoughts?
    Well personally I would use the Mod GRF-1 instead of the DAC so it follows more natural pulse, although I know where you got that info from and respect his opinion also. This diet should actually be perfect for peptide use. Use of the peptides during the fasting phase will drastically increase lipolosis, it also increases protein synthesis so if taking luecine or aminos during the fast they will be sure to get used. If you take it 15-20 minutes before eating your fast breaking meal it will also increase your recovery and the levels of igf-1 will be peaking while you have that big meal in your system. Ideal for growth, recovery and repair of damaged tissue including injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    How do you guys feel about using the I/F way of eating with PH's and/or AAS?
    Follow along over here to see this in action. However yes this will work with a cycle. Many have done it. Remember things that work naturally are going to be amplified on cycle. It is things that you can get away with on cycle that you can't get away with when not on one. If you want to maximize muscle gain then just make sure to take aminos every 2 hours even on your non training days during the fast while on. That will at least take advantage of the increased protein synthesis going on while on cycle.
    KLEEN - Takes the Bull by the horns! Taurus Nutrition's w/ WYKED & Beta TNP

Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    I wouldn't pulse H-Drol at all. Epi, Superdrol, Dymethazine, but not H-Drol it is just too slow acting to see much of a result off of unless running straight and for longer periods of time.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

4. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    How do you guys feel about using the I/F way of eating with PH's and/or AAS?
    I did this and I thought it worked extremely well. The fat loss is ramped up doing this even if you are bulking.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

5. Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    I would pulse DMZ or Epi. If you get little sides from Superdrol, run that as you will only need 10mgs to get really favorable results.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
    •   

6. What a truly refreshing review of some scientific literature! While I've read a lot on the LG site and have seen some of the points in this article reiterated in past posts, it's truly key for people to understand that the context of the experiment matters. The results are dependent on them, and when you change the context the results don't necessarily apply (think here about the countless supplements or supplement protocols based on studies done on the diseased, the elderly, or the fat and sedentary, and then turning around and saying a healthy, young athlete can have these same results). Anyways, I learned some new things about omega-3s I didn't know before (regarding their incorporation into cell membranes and possibly subsequent effects of that), and initial findings of the study are promising. I hope they do do a follow-up study addressing the concerns MB brought up so that we can draw conclusions whether n-3 supplementation leads to an increase in the absolute capacity for MPS after protein consumption or not for sure.

7. so i have read up alot on the lg site, and wanted your guys opinions/experience. I've been seeing people who have some heavy cream in their coffee in the am before breaking the fast and some who say it ruins it. What have you all done? What are your thoughts. I've followed this for a couple weeks now and have dropped almost 10 lbs while having 4 tbsp of heavy cream in my am coffee.

8. It's obviously working for you, so go with it if you really like. Some say as long as you keep it under 50 calories, you're not breaking fast.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Not a good choice IMO.
    I'll take ur word for it. I'll just stick with natty products

10. Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy74 View Post
    so i have read up alot on the lg site, and wanted your guys opinions/experience. I've been seeing people who have some heavy cream in their coffee in the am before breaking the fast and some who say it ruins it. What have you all done? What are your thoughts. I've followed this for a couple weeks now and have dropped almost 10 lbs while having 4 tbsp of heavy cream in my am coffee.

sounds like you answered your own question there bro. If you have had that great of results so far, then obviously it isnt hurting your progress, so no worries!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

11. Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy74 View Post
    so i have read up alot on the lg site, and wanted your guys opinions/experience. I've been seeing people who have some heavy cream in their coffee in the am before breaking the fast and some who say it ruins it. What have you all done? What are your thoughts. I've followed this for a couple weeks now and have dropped almost 10 lbs while having 4 tbsp of heavy cream in my am coffee.
    I agree with RickRock -- keep truckin' with what you're doing now.

If, however, things begin to stall, you could consider switching to a low-calorie creamer or something similar to replace the heavy cream -- there are some pretty tasty ones out there!

12. will do fellas, thanks for the input

13. ok, today sucks. I did legs from 7am-8am, and realized I have a dentist appointment for teeth cleaning from 12-1. Which means my mouth won't be in the mood for eating right after. ugh.

14. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    ok, today sucks. I did legs from 7am-8am, and realized I have a dentist appointment for teeth cleaning from 12-1. Which means my mouth won't be in the mood for eating right after. ugh.
    That'll help you on the "lean" part, though I don't know about gains...

Good luck at the dentist!

15. I have missed the fast breaker before, it really is not a big deal, shift your start time and go from there. All it means is more fat burning.

16. I just broke my fast....

One whole rotisserie chicken, half a bag of frozen califlower (fake mashed potatoes), and some protein pudding.

What a ridiculous meal haha

I'll only eat one more time today.

17. Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLord View Post
    I just broke my fast....

One whole rotisserie chicken, half a bag of frozen califlower (fake mashed potatoes), and some protein pudding.

What a ridiculous meal haha

I'll only eat one more time today.
    You missed my 3K calorie Indian Buffet in another thread. E-P-I-C! and only $6!

18. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    You missed my 3K calorie Indian Buffet in another thread. E-P-I-C! and only $6!
    Epic!!!!

I'm assuming it was a cheat meal?

19. Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLord View Post
    Epic!!!!

I'm assuming it was a cheat meal?
    The first rule of Lean Gains is there are no cheat meals!

But yeah, I would classify it as that!

2 hyuge servings of Butter chicken
    2 hyuge servings of Saag
    2 Tandoori Chicken legs
    3 Samosas
    4 servings Naan
    3 big servings curried vegetables
    1 bowl rice dessert (forgot name)
    5 Gulab Jamun balls w/loads of syrup

and when I got home I had a brownie, a glass of milk, and passed out for the evening (8PM)

I was at about 5600 calories for the day, a bit above my 4400 target (20% over maintenance)!

This morning, cleared it ALL out before quads!

20. Awesome haha

I swear after eating a huge meal like this my metabolism goes crazy. I can feel my core temp rise shortly after eating.

21. Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLord View Post
    Awesome haha

I swear after eating a huge meal like this my metabolism goes crazy. I can feel my core temp rise shortly after eating.
    Yes, I was dripping sweat, and not from the spices! I could feel myself slip into a carb coma though, insulin must've been crazy and not known what to do.

I had also taken 2 Glycobol before going. In hindsight, maybe I should've used 4-5!

22. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Yes, I was dripping sweat, and not from the spices! I could feel myself slip into a carb coma though, insulin must've been crazy and not known what to do.
    Man I swear I can feel that process happening too. I had a real big meal with tons of baked sweet potato sticks and afterwards I was just wobbling around with my eyes half-closed, like this -->

23. that happened to me after lunch, but it wasn't even that carb heavy. a banana, an apple and 2 slices of sprouted grain bread (plus a huge chicken breast + peanut butter)

24. Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLord View Post
    Awesome haha

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Man I swear I can feel that process happening too. I had a real big meal with tons of baked sweet potato sticks and afterwards I was just wobbling around with my eyes half-closed, like this -->
    Is baked sweet potato sticks another way to say french fries without sounding bad???? Yeah I get carb stupors sometime too. Especially if I don't have much fat with the meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    that happened to me after lunch, but it wasn't even that carb heavy. a banana, an apple and 2 slices of sprouted grain bread (plus a huge chicken breast + peanut butter)
    I see about 90 grams of carbs there.

I get HOT after a big meal too. Speaking of, I need to go eat again so my stomach is not full for my second lift of the day. Dead lifts then another 1000 calories down the hatch!!!! Honestly I get hotter from eating large quantities of protein than any other nutrient.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

25. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Is baked sweet potato sticks another way to say french fries without sounding bad???? Yeah I get carb stupors sometime too. Especially if I don't have much fat with the meal.
    haha I know it sounds like it! We use a little canola oil (just enough to prevent sticking) and fry them in a skillet for a few minutes till they brown a bit -- then throw them in the oven to bake for awhile. It really cuts back on the amount of fat in comparison to regular french fries, which are simply destructive.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements