The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 12

The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 12 of 104 First ... 7101112131417 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Quick question, I've been fasting 17+ hours now and I'm feeling fine, no hunger at all now. How long should I keep going? I just ran ~3 miles and I'm going to do a few more in a little bit.

I'm drinking some BCAA, but not jonesing for anything right now (took 1 Dexaprine earlier today, those things friggin' annihilate my appetite!).
    If its a rest day or cardio day, I say go longer if you aren't hungry. I have went as long as 20 hours before breaking fast on those days while taking in BCAAs every couple hours. Keep that protein synthesis going and you should be good to go.
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

2. Senior Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    For "stubborn fat loss," you can add in a little of cardio at the end of your lifting session to help lose those last pounds of fat. I would recommend (and I myself typically perform) 25-30 minutes of incline/brisk walking for this, but you could experiment with other types of cardio as well!
    alright ill try it.

i have about 5-6lbs to lose before i look awesome. its frustrating because i seem to be recomping on a small amount of calories.
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Hey-

I have been thinking about going really low on cals on rest days? I mean somewhere in the 1000-1200 kcal range for a roughly 210lb guy. I would probably have to go less than 1 g protein per pound of body weight.

If you weigh 210lbs and you have to eat 1g protein/lb weight, that gives you 840 kcal right there. So to end up in the 1000-1200 range for the day, you would have to eat only very high protein foods (i.e. chicken breast, tuna, protein pudding) when you thrown in small amounts of unavoidable fat and carbs.

I'm probably around 13-15% BF. Does anyone think going really low is a good idea? Overkill?
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adnscmplx View Post
    Hey-

I have been thinking about going really low on cals on rest days? I mean somewhere in the 1000-1200 kcal range for a roughly 210lb guy. I would probably have to go less than 1 g protein per pound of body weight.

If you weigh 210lbs and you have to eat 1g protein/lb weight, that gives you 840 kcal right there. So to end up in the 1000-1200 range for the day, you would have to eat only very high protein foods (i.e. chicken breast, tuna, protein pudding) when you thrown in small amounts of unavoidable fat and carbs.

I'm probably around 13-15% BF. Does anyone think going really low is a good idea? Overkill?
    Definitely no drawbacks to it regarding muscle atrophy or catabolism. Only drawback to that would be personal preference really. You would definitely burn more fat that way. YOu don't really even have to worry about the 1/1 on protein that day either. If you are going to do it like that just have basically 1 high protein meal at the end of the day or something. A nice big lean 16-20 oz
    steak or something would be great.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I used IF as an excuse for a chocolate peanut butter shake since today was a workout day
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I used IF as an excuse for a chocolate peanut butter shake since today was a workout day
    Why do I get the feeling this was not just chocolate protein powder, ice and some peanut butter mixed together.... Did you use real ice cream???
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

This was at Bruesters

http://www.brusters.com/menu.asp
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

LMAO! Hey man use your calories the way that you see fit. MMMMM So long as you added in a lil supplemental protein just before or after all is forgiven. LOL
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Definitely no drawbacks to it regarding muscle atrophy or catabolism. Only drawback to that would be personal preference really. You would definitely burn more fat that way. YOu don't really even have to worry about the 1/1 on protein that day either. If you are going to do it like that just have basically 1 high protein meal at the end of the day or something. A nice big lean 16-20 oz
    steak or something would be great.
    Thanks a lot dude. That is solid re-enforcement for me. I'll probably just eat two big (around 1 lb meat) meals on rest days and see how it goes.

I'm not going to do any formal cardio (because it sucks) so having a big calorie deficit on rest days seems like the way to go. I don't anticipate it being that hard with IF, also I get to eat a decent amount on lifting days.

And yes a nice 16-20 ounce steak (in any context) is great.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Damn!!! This log has been a tremendous read for me. Going to have to give this a try in the near future!
    Come join me on my Olympus goodie run (Ostarine / Ep1c / Str3ngth / Sup3r PCT)
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    alright ill try it.

i have about 5-6lbs to lose before i look awesome. its frustrating because i seem to be recomping on a small amount of calories.
    this will allow more calories on average than a normal recomp...I am eating recomp level and lost 7 lbs in the first 4 weeks... and gained a bit of muscle...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  227 lbs.
    Answers

I started IF last week and so far so good. Im lower cals though...during week i am 2100 on weights days, saturdays i dont eat as clean and prob like 2800 and sunday some cheats im around 4k. its been working ok.

should add im 6foot1 like 203 lbs atm.

issues is sunday is an off day so imma gonna try to bring cals down and see if my son wants to switch breakfast day to saturdays after gym.

wed is my 2nd off day and im reading i can bring cals way down so gonna try that!

normally my eating window is like 1130-730 but gonna shoot for 2-7 on wed and see where it takes me.

this threads a great read!
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Finally I diet I can LOVE!
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    Finally I diet I can LOVE!
    You said it, fat is just falling off me and I am having a good time...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Did I mention I am now gaining weight on Maintenance cals, while still leaning up a bit. Of course I am beta testing Taurus new progestin but I know it was asked how this worked on PH/DS/AAS runs. Right now I am gaining LBM to the point my weight has gone up 2-3 lbs while I look a bit leaner as well. That is day 13 on a mild PH.
  16. Senior Member
    Answers

Did I mention I am now gaining weight on Maintenance cals, while still leaning up a bit. Of course I am beta testing Taurus new progestin but I know it was asked how this worked on PH/DS/AAS runs. Right now I am gaining LBM to the point my weight has gone up 2-3 lbs while I look a bit leaner as well. That is day 13 on a mild PH.
    cant wait to see where my cycle takes me with it, im eating a ton of clean food.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Yah I will be running something mild soon, when I figure out where I am competing...
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

How do you guys play it if you are going hiking or snowboarding or some other activity like that in the morning. Stick to the fast and risk having no energy or eat breakfast before and eat less later in the day?
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

How do you guys play it if you are going hiking or snowboarding or some other activity like that in the morning. Stick to the fast and risk having no energy or eat breakfast before and eat less later in the day?
    On a cut, I would just wait until afterward to eat as I almost never feel a marked lack of energy during the day.

But on a maintenance routine or slow/lean bulk, I would most likely eat a small meal beforehand, especially if I had no idea when I would be around food again.

This preference is highly personal though -- I'm sure others here would eat beforehand even on a cut since plenty of LG advocates actually eat 1 meal a few hours before training anyways.

In essence, you'd be fine either way.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

That's great news Kleen! That's the kind of info I need to figure out how I am going to do things when I start my cycle. I'm looking mostly to add LBM, but I want to at the least maintain my BF at that time if not decrease it some. I know I will have to play with calories some to find the sweet spot, but somewhere around maintenance or slightly higher as an average is what I'm guessing.
    Recoverbro Elite
  21. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

I am just gettin started on the Lean Gains, day 4. How have people felt after the first few days? I have energy and feel fine, but I have this feeling of being tired in my face. It's that feeling of exhaustion you may get in your eyes after staying up/out too late, yet I am not tired.

Is this something others have experienced as their body adapts to the regiment? I am not worried, just curious.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    I am just gettin started on the Lean Gains, day 4. How have people felt after the first few days? I have energy and feel fine, but I have this feeling of being tired in my face. It's that feeling of exhaustion you may get in your eyes after staying up/out too late, yet I am not tired.

Is this something others have experienced as their body adapts to the regiment? I am not worried, just curious.
    I can't say I've ever had that type of feeling on Lean Gains, but it defenitely takes some getting used to it when you first start the diet. Eventually your body adapts to the diet change and it just becomes the normal way to eat for you. Hell I barely get hungry before breaking my fast anymore. Just give it a little time and this diet will be second nature to you!
    Recoverbro Elite
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I can't say I've ever had that type of feeling on Lean Gains, but it defenitely takes some getting used to it when you first start the diet. Eventually your body adapts to the diet change and it just becomes the normal way to eat for you. Hell I barely get hungry before breaking my fast anymore. Just give it a little time and this diet will be second nature to you!
    I have no problem fasting to be honest. Unfortunately I just gave up on LG for the most part as I found it too inconvenient to follow with the foods I eat, my work schedule, and my workout schedule. I'm doing a more Layne Norton styled eating schedule now, which while it's spaced out throughout the day applies a vast majority of the same principles as LG. As a plus I don't have to modify my foods at all (just eat them at different hours)!
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    On a cut, I would just wait until afterward to eat as I almost never feel a marked lack of energy during the day.

But on a maintenance routine or slow/lean bulk, I would most likely eat a small meal beforehand, especially if I had no idea when I would be around food again.

This preference is highly personal though -- I'm sure others here would eat beforehand even on a cut since plenty of LG advocates actually eat 1 meal a few hours before training anyways.

In essence, you'd be fine either way.
    Thanks dude.

I'm cutting and went on a hike this morning (with a lady). I just sipped bcaas, ate a couple pieces of fruit, and had some vpx meltdown. It went well. Still not really hungry but am gonna feast for dinner.
  25. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.
    Answers

Ok, so I just read through this entire thread from post #1. Got to say that the way I have been eating is similar to LG, without being strictly LG, if you know what I mean. Anyways, this week I tightened up my nutrition re the principles and methods that make up the "Rosie" diet (i.e. the amalgamation of nutritional methods and principles that I use), and in five days I have already lost 1.1% bodyfat (and 7.8 pounds - mostly food and water though, because of all the eating and less training I did last week) and there's still TWO days left until the week officially ends. The most bodyfat I have ever lost in a week was 1.2% - coincidentally, it was also the very first week I started looking into IF, and worked around that. Definitely refreshing, since I love food (Sean honestly couldn't believe it when he first realized that I was NOT sh*tting or exaggerating the amount of calories I consume!) and do not "diet", discovering that when I eat "good" as others deem "good" re clean and no cheating, I get the LEAST progress re fat loss (or anything, really, although my body generally perpetually recomps unless I am making a conscious attempt at fat loss). I always train fasted (well, have predominantly since retiring from cycling, unless I am doing 2-a-day training), so doing that is not an issue, and I actually feel the best when I do that. I used Nick's method re the double training (he was actually the one who made me consider using this as part of my nutritional methods, so thank you, Nick), so my fasting periods are not completely traditional in 16/8 or 12/8, etc., although I have ~12-16 hours every 24 hours (even if not in one block) when I am fasting or having only BCAAs. Anyways, a long ramble about a lot of nothing but something, really saying that LG (or modifications of it) is definitely a lifestyle nutrition plan that can be easily adhered to, and, as already mentioned throughout this thread, it doesn't have to be strictly followed, but can be adapted based on the individual, to get the best possible results for them.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  26. New Member
    Answers

Does anyone here train fasted first thing in the am and then break the fast around midday?

My work schedule is about the change and it makes more sense for me to train fasted before work.

So the schedule will look like this,,,,, last meal at 8pm, sleep, wake up at 4:30 am, train 5:00-6:00 am with an intra/bcaa/peptopro supp, work at 7:00 am, bcaa or peptopro at 8am and 10am, and then break the fast a 12pm.

Thoughts?
  27. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I train from 7-8 and don't start eating until somewhere between 12&1, and its fine
    This space for rent

28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLord View Post
    Does anyone here train fasted first thing in the am and then break the fast around midday?

My work schedule is about the change and it makes more sense for me to train fasted before work.

So the schedule will look like this,,,,, last meal at 8pm, sleep, wake up at 4:30 am, train 5:00-6:00 am with an intra/bcaa/peptopro supp, work at 7:00 am, bcaa or peptopro at 8am and 10am, and then break the fast a 12pm.

Thoughts?
    That looks like a solid plan to me buddy.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Thoughts?
    I do this exactly. Works okay but expect to gorge yourself at noon.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I do the same with AM training and a big ass lunch.

Biggest plus of IF is feeling so full and satisfied off so few calories. Really amazing.
  31. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Few calories? WTF? I'm over 4k daily without trying.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.
    Answers

I'm cutting.
  33. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

I'm cutting.
    Sux, sometimes I don't know how I ever manage to cut...
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Thoughts?
    You just outlined what I have been doing for the last 2 months to a tee. Times and all. And it has been very successful for me!!
    Recoverbro Elite
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Sux, sometimes I don't know how I ever manage to cut...
    I am eating for a recomp but getting cutting results on lean gains... I find it pretty damn easy..
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    That's great news Kleen! That's the kind of info I need to figure out how I am going to do things when I start my cycle. I'm looking mostly to add LBM, but I want to at the least maintain my BF at that time if not decrease it some. I know I will have to play with calories some to find the sweet spot, but somewhere around maintenance or slightly higher as an average is what I'm guessing.
    So 12 days from last body fat reading. 199.5 lbs 9.5% > 200 lbs 8.4% 2.7 LBM gained 2.2 lbs fat loss blue print that log for your eating and your goals are set. I uninentionally went with a cyclical feeding. I would really over feed for 3 lift days in a week then clean it up more the next week, weekends were kind of high calories but over the top. Eat low on the burn days and let the fat just burn itself off.

Thoughts?
    Looks ideal to me! Just what I have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    I am eating for a recomp but getting cutting results on lean gains... I find it pretty damn easy..
    Ain't it groovy I mean almost 3 lbs of muscle gained in 12 days with 2 lbs of fat loss. That is awesome even being on a mild PH. I am big right now though. Holiday eating and all. I have filled up quite a bit since those Saturday morning readings.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Answers

So 12 days from last body fat reading. 199.5 lbs 9.5% > 200 lbs 8.4% 2.7 LBM gained 2.2 lbs fat loss blue print that log for your eating and your goals are set. I uninentionally went with a cyclical feeding. I would really over feed for 3 lift days in a week then clean it up more the next week, weekends were kind of high calories but over the top. Eat low on the burn days and let the fat just burn itself off.
    I will do that. That's exactly what I would like to replicate on cycle.
    Recoverbro Elite
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

Amazing.......
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

This way of eating works for almost anything u want to do! Cut, comp or bulk! Just roll with it baby
  40. Sik
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    This way of eating works for almost anything u want to do! Cut, comp or bulk! Just roll with it baby
    I believe so! But take care on something...

Someone looking for massive bulk seasons this is not feasible, even someone that allow your body in some sporadic season to eat like 4-5 times day, reducing the fast for only 12h still work very good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 06:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 12:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements