The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 12 of 138 First ... 1011121314 ... Last
  1. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    that would be better known as spam for selling diet plans
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum


  2. LOL. Yeah well Im not into there diet plans. Some info I receive IS useful.

    From what I was just reading. I guess Its a mormon practice.

    There was actually an article about it in the New York Times last month
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...-heart-health/

    RECOVERBRO


    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by JoHNnyNuTZ View Post
    LOL. Yeah well Im not into there diet plans. Some info I receive IS useful.

    From what I was just reading. I guess Its a mormon practice.

    There was actually an article about it in the New York Times last month
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...-heart-health/
    Lots of religions encourage occasional fasting, not just Mormons. People have this strange idea that changes to your body/metabolism are made in incredibly short time periods and it's just not true. Long term habits change your body for good or bad.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by JohnRock View Post
    Lots of religions encourage occasional fasting, not just Mormons. People have this strange idea that changes to your body/metabolism are made in incredibly short time periods and it's just not true. Long term habits change your body for good or bad.
    I should have corrected my reply. The study was done on mormons.

    But yeah I here ya. Long term change.

    RECOVERBRO



  5. Did they have to do it in special underwear?
    •   
       


  6. mormons do practice fasting. they fast on the first sunday of every month for the first 2 meals and the belief is that the money that would've been spent on those meals will go to help those that are less fortunate. so essentially they fast for 24 hours once a month with dinner the night before being the last meal until dinner the next night. they also fast in times of blessings (i.e. upcoming surgery, onset of severe medical conditions)

  7. Hey kleen thanks for the invite. I don't have a ton to add as I didn't read through the thread but Martins system of fasting is fantastic for most people. I only use it while dieting as I have throuble eating enough to bulk in the window. But when cutting it takes away hunger pain and its so much better to feel full a few times a day than not. So I eat 2 big meals when cutting.

    Martins info along with Alan aragon and jcd fitness all broke me of the eat clean BS. I love pancakes, fried noodles, ect and work then in my diet year around. Especially after workouts I kill 200+ carbs of pancakes or noodles and a shake.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    Hey kleen thanks for the invite. I don't have a ton to add as I didn't read through the thread but Martins system of fasting is fantastic for most people. I only use it while dieting as I have throuble eating enough to bulk in the window. But when cutting it takes away hunger pain and its so much better to feel full a few times a day than not. So I eat 2 big meals when cutting.

    Martins info along with Alan aragon and jcd fitness all broke me of the eat clean BS. I love pancakes, fried noodles, ect and work then in my diet year around. Especially after workouts I kill 200+ carbs of pancakes or noodles and a shake.

    I agree with you 100%. I fell into the whole idea that you have to eat 6 small clean meals a day when cutting to see results, but IF and Lean Gains has shown that is entirely false. During a traditional cut, I'm hungry the entire day even after a meal, vs. feeling full after breaking my fast on IF and my body adjusts to the fasting period so I don't feel super hungry too. The leniency in the diet is great too. I've dropped 4% BF in a little over a month, and I've enjoyed my share of Pizza and burgers and the like!!

    A win win if you ask me!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  9. Any idea on how the shift in ghrelin affects GH pulses? Is it better or worse for GH release?

    I was thinking of doing cjc-1295 DAC in the evenings (500mcg EOD) and Ipamorelin (150mcg ED) in the evenings and mornings to take advantage of the fasting times, and get a big GH boost. Thoughts?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  10. I'm gonna throw this in on non training days maybe on training days too so i can gradually get myself to 16 hours. I love eating but i'm willing to do what it takes to be more efficient and get better results
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

  11. Try Dexaprine from iForce. That knocked my appetite out like nothing else. Transform Burner is another great one for appetite control. ECA also works there too.

    Best of luck!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  12. Honestly I'm finding the fasting period incredibly easy to get through - except Saturday, I got really nauseous. I won't pass any assessment with the diet so far, but one thing that's for sure is it's helping me lean out. I don't think it has anything to do with fasting as much as it does having all my meals at the end of the day. It allows me to feel full after eating less, so I can have a steeper deficit (on off days) than I usually do without much effort. I'm only somewhat concerned about eating anything in the A.M. the morning after working out (during recovery). I'll wait and see how things go.

  13. New article up at LeanGains.com -- Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Muscle Growth: Promising Potential!

    It's mainly a review of recent research regarding the effects of Omega-3s on overall health, body composition, leucine resistance, and muscle protein synthesis -- looks like it might be worth the cash to get a quality EPA/DHA supplement.

    Definitely worth a read you guys!

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Try Dexaprine from iForce. That knocked my appetite out like nothing else. Transform Burner is another great one for appetite control. ECA also works there too.

    Best of luck!
    Thanks! I actually didn't think about an appetite suppressor
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    New article up at LeanGains.com -- Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Muscle Growth: Promising Potential!

    It's mainly a review of recent research regarding the effects of Omega-3s on overall health, body composition, leucine resistance, and muscle protein synthesis -- looks like it might be worth the cash to get a quality EPA/DHA supplement.

    Definitely worth a read you guys!
    Thanks for posting that! A good read for sure!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  16. Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Thanks! I actually didn't think about an appetite suppressor
    Yeah the new iForce product is freaking ridiculous to be honest, never had anything that strong before. On an off day, I could see it pushing your fast up to 2-3 PM before you break it, giving more fat loss.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

  17. Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Yeah the new iForce product is freaking ridiculous to be honest, never had anything that strong before. On an off day, I could see it pushing your fast up to 2-3 PM before you break it, giving more fat loss.
    Not to mention the 3,3 and 3,5 T2 in it to keep metabolism stoked!

    However, I don't buy the exrta protein synthesis, that's a characteristic of T3, I havne't seen anything supporting the uncoupling proteins in T2 use...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  18. How do you guys feel about using the I/F way of eating with PH's and/or AAS?

  19. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    How do you guys feel about using the I/F way of eating with PH's and/or AAS?
    I can't speak for injectibles or anything like that, but with PH's, I'd probably do a pulse.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    How do you guys feel about using the I/F way of eating with PH's and/or AAS?
    Good as long as you can get the amount of protein and calories in that you need. Personally, I have no problem busting my calorie target in the 8hrs, but that's just me. I think if you can do that, it would actually be more favorable IMO.

    Kleen is running the new Taurus Nutrition Progestin while using IF, so his experience will be telling. I don't know if anyone has tried it honestly...
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  21. I was thinking of pulsing hdrol

  22. Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    I was thinking of pulsing hdrol
    Not a good choice IMO.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  23. Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Glad it's working for ya kleen. Like I said diets there are many paths for many individuals. For me the fast part wasn't any different results wise than any other similar diet or cutting program, and I am pretty sure I have ran it longer than anyone on this thread. Maybe not though, I haven't read through every post. I still prefer my own tweaked out diet combination and eating around 5 meals a day.
    Most people I see doing diets could likely reach their goals if they just ate cleaner and stuck with it. The main point about any bodybuilding diet or workout plan is sticking to it IMO. You have to experiment to know what works for ya though.
    Definitely. I like it for it's simplicity / convenience and ease for me to follow and getting same effects i do on much stricter dieting if not better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Any idea on how the shift in ghrelin affects GH pulses? Is it better or worse for GH release?

    I was thinking of doing cjc-1295 DAC in the evenings (500mcg EOD) and Ipamorelin (150mcg ED) in the evenings and mornings to take advantage of the fasting times, and get a big GH boost. Thoughts?
    Well personally I would use the Mod GRF-1 instead of the DAC so it follows more natural pulse, although I know where you got that info from and respect his opinion also. This diet should actually be perfect for peptide use. Use of the peptides during the fasting phase will drastically increase lipolosis, it also increases protein synthesis so if taking luecine or aminos during the fast they will be sure to get used. If you take it 15-20 minutes before eating your fast breaking meal it will also increase your recovery and the levels of igf-1 will be peaking while you have that big meal in your system. Ideal for growth, recovery and repair of damaged tissue including injuries.

    Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    How do you guys feel about using the I/F way of eating with PH's and/or AAS?
    Follow along over here to see this in action. However yes this will work with a cycle. Many have done it. Remember things that work naturally are going to be amplified on cycle. It is things that you can get away with on cycle that you can't get away with when not on one. If you want to maximize muscle gain then just make sure to take aminos every 2 hours even on your non training days during the fast while on. That will at least take advantage of the increased protein synthesis going on while on cycle.
    KLEEN - Takes the Bull by the horns! Taurus Nutrition's w/ WYKED & Beta TNP

    Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    I was thinking of pulsing hdrol
    I wouldn't pulse H-Drol at all. Epi, Superdrol, Dymethazine, but not H-Drol it is just too slow acting to see much of a result off of unless running straight and for longer periods of time.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  24. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    How do you guys feel about using the I/F way of eating with PH's and/or AAS?
    I did this and I thought it worked extremely well. The fat loss is ramped up doing this even if you are bulking.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

  25. Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    I was thinking of pulsing hdrol
    I would pulse DMZ or Epi. If you get little sides from Superdrol, run that as you will only need 10mgs to get really favorable results.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

  26. What a truly refreshing review of some scientific literature! While I've read a lot on the LG site and have seen some of the points in this article reiterated in past posts, it's truly key for people to understand that the context of the experiment matters. The results are dependent on them, and when you change the context the results don't necessarily apply (think here about the countless supplements or supplement protocols based on studies done on the diseased, the elderly, or the fat and sedentary, and then turning around and saying a healthy, young athlete can have these same results). Anyways, I learned some new things about omega-3s I didn't know before (regarding their incorporation into cell membranes and possibly subsequent effects of that), and initial findings of the study are promising. I hope they do do a follow-up study addressing the concerns MB brought up so that we can draw conclusions whether n-3 supplementation leads to an increase in the absolute capacity for MPS after protein consumption or not for sure.

  27. so i have read up alot on the lg site, and wanted your guys opinions/experience. I've been seeing people who have some heavy cream in their coffee in the am before breaking the fast and some who say it ruins it. What have you all done? What are your thoughts. I've followed this for a couple weeks now and have dropped almost 10 lbs while having 4 tbsp of heavy cream in my am coffee.

  28. It's obviously working for you, so go with it if you really like. Some say as long as you keep it under 50 calories, you're not breaking fast.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    Not a good choice IMO.
    I'll take ur word for it. I'll just stick with natty products

  30. Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy74 View Post
    so i have read up alot on the lg site, and wanted your guys opinions/experience. I've been seeing people who have some heavy cream in their coffee in the am before breaking the fast and some who say it ruins it. What have you all done? What are your thoughts. I've followed this for a couple weeks now and have dropped almost 10 lbs while having 4 tbsp of heavy cream in my am coffee.

    sounds like you answered your own question there bro. If you have had that great of results so far, then obviously it isnt hurting your progress, so no worries!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 07:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 01:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 11:31 PM
  4. T1-PRO vs. One for Lean Gains..
    By skumster225 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 06:10 PM
Log in
Log in