The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 11

The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 11 of 104 First ... 691011121316 ... Last
  1. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Hah that's what I have been thinking .. extending my fast on off days to increase my satisfaction when I reduce calories further. I will be going down to 2100 on off days and I don't want to spread that over 3 meals... I will be much more satisfied waiting till 5pm and gorging a bit...
    On low cal days that is definitely the way to do it. You actually feel full and satisfied for at least part of the day.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    On low cal days that is definitely the way to do it. You actually feel full and satisfied for at least part of the day.
    My thinking exactly...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hah that's what I have been thinking .. extending my fast on off days to increase my satisfaction when I reduce calories further. I will be going down to 2100 on off days and I don't want to spread that over 3 meals... I will be much more satisfied waiting till 5pm and gorging a bit...
    I fast until 5-5:30, and eat basically 1 big meal at 5-5:30, and a small meal at 8-8:30. I have been doing this for a while now, training day or not.

This way I get to eat a bit more in that one meal, and I actually found myself getting more hungry after I ate at 12:30, vs fasting all day. However come 3:30-4pm, I am watching the clock pretty hardcore.
    •   

4. Sik

Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    The first rule of Lean Gains is there are no cheat meals!

But yeah, I would classify it as that!

2 hyuge servings of Butter chicken
    2 hyuge servings of Saag
    2 Tandoori Chicken legs
    3 Samosas
    4 servings Naan
    3 big servings curried vegetables
    1 bowl rice dessert (forgot name)
    5 Gulab Jamun balls w/loads of syrup

and when I got home I had a brownie, a glass of milk, and passed out for the evening (8PM)

I was at about 5600 calories for the day, a bit above my 4400 target (20% over maintenance)!

This morning, cleared it ALL out before quads!
    WTF? I'm in India working running away from this and you eat like a mad man loool

yesterday

1 Butter panner
    4 Tandoori Chicken tighs
    2 entire naan's lol
    2 vegetable palav

And i was done lol but man 5 Gulab Jamun balls are so good loool and i run from them!
  5. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    WTF? I'm in India working running away from this and you eat like a mad man loool

yesterday

1 Butter panner
    4 Tandoori Chicken tighs
    2 entire naan's lol
    2 vegetable palav

And i was done lol but man 5 Gulab Jamun balls are so good loool and i run from them!
    hmm for me yesterday was a tandori chicken leg + thigh, about 1/2lb of goat curry, some vegetable palav, 3 cups of chicken biriyani, some chole, and crap like I remember the rest only one gulab jamun tho.

Last night I'm not sure how badly I blew out timing as we went out shooting pool at like 830ish and I drank steadily till 230am. Feel decent surprisingly this morning, tired but not really hung over. Started with sugar free red bull + sailor jerry then started doing the hourly shot specials, which i don't even remember what they were now. bar tab was around $90 for me + the wife
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. Sik

I'm in india and i'm running from here!

And you guy's are eating a lot of Indian food? Spicy food here kills my stomach...

Here most of the time i'm almost a pure Cetogenic Guy
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

yesterday

1 Butter panner
    4 Tandoori Chicken tighs
    2 entire naan's lol
    2 vegetable palav

Looks tasty! Yeah, I don't eat that way often, more of a cheat/treat. The Gulab Jamun was a bit more than I usually eat, but the new management of this restaurant has made all of the food better/fresher.

I'm in india and i'm running from here!

And you guy's are eating a lot of Indian food? Spicy food here kills my stomach...

Here most of the time i'm almost a pure Cetogenic Guy
    I paid for it the next morning, cleared me out, but not too bad. My wife gets hit harder, it takes her a day to recover. We love carbs, but I try to stay away.

I would be in a LOT of trouble if I were in India!!! Probably eat a lot of Tandoori.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I only eat it about once a month, maybe less than that really
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    hmm for me yesterday was a tandori chicken leg + thigh, about 1/2lb of goat curry, some vegetable palav, 3 cups of chicken biriyani, some chole, and crap like I remember the rest only one gulab jamun tho.

Last night I'm not sure how badly I blew out timing as we went out shooting pool at like 830ish and I drank steadily till 230am. Feel decent surprisingly this morning, tired but not really hung over. Started with sugar free red bull + sailor jerry then started doing the hourly shot specials, which i don't even remember what they were now. bar tab was around $90 for me + the wife
    You're making me want to go back!!!

Drinking is a hard one to figure out, but every once in a while I don't think it'd be too bad for you. I just can't stand spending money like that when I can drink for much less at home, and even then I rarely do anymore! My wife though, she loves her wine! Dealing with our 4yr old, it's her reward / patience booster at the end of the night!
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I fast until 5-5:30, and eat basically 1 big meal at 5-5:30, and a small meal at 8-8:30. I have been doing this for a while now, training day or not.

This way I get to eat a bit more in that one meal, and I actually found myself getting more hungry after I ate at 12:30, vs fasting all day. However come 3:30-4pm, I am watching the clock pretty hardcore.
    I am watching the clock for any fast break, I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm getting close to chow time...
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  11. New Member

The IF method is really interesting. I also want to follow the IF diet but I have a few questions: For me its easier to eat from 7:30am to roughly 15:30pm(maybe shorter). Does it matter that much? Leangains recommed to fast until noon, but I have to do a lot of work(including training) in the evening and I dont want to spend the time where Iam not even thinking about eating at all(due to work) with eating. I also tend to be very hungry in the morning hours than to be in the evening.
  12. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeier View Post
    The IF method is really interesting. I also want to follow the IF diet but I have a few questions: For me its easier to eat from 7:30am to roughly 15:30pm(maybe shorter). Does it matter that much? Leangains recommed to fast until noon, but I have to do a lot of work(including training) in the evening and I dont want to spend the time where Iam not even thinking about eating at all(due to work) with eating. I also tend to be very hungry in the morning hours than to be in the evening.
    It seems like you could, just follow the 16hr fast, 8hr feed protocol.

If you're training in the evening, you'd probably want to make sure you're getting in a good amount of food pre-workout, so making your last meal rich in protein and slow carbs, and some good fats would probably be best.

Try it out, see if it works, and adjust from there. It's all a big experiment anyway!!!
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The Lean Gains can be used during any 16/8 hour window. He recommends the 12-8 because that is easier for most people and they get to eat dinner with their family. However otherwise it really doesn't matter too much other than personal preference. Also as you can see you do not have to do the exact amounts of time. Man I am really hungry now, but I won't be breaking fast until about 1:00 PM. I have a lunch date with the wife and not even sure what we are going to eat, but I am starting to think maybe a huge double meat chopped baker from Pappa's BBQ smothered with jalapenos that is EASILY 1500 cals right there.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Olympus Labs Rep - check us out at Olympus-Labs.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    The Lean Gains can be used during any 16/8 hour window. He recommends the 12-8 because that is easier for most people and they get to eat dinner with their family. However otherwise it really doesn't matter too much other than personal preference. Also as you can see you do not have to do the exact amounts of time. Man I am really hungry now, but I won't be breaking fast until about 1:00 PM. I have a lunch date with the wife and not even sure what we are going to eat, but I am starting to think maybe a huge double meat chopped baker from Pappa's BBQ smothered with jalapenos that is EASILY 1500 cals right there.
    Jealous.. that sounds so amazing right now, Dieting sometimes =
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  15. New Member

It seems like you could, just follow the 16hr fast, 8hr feed protocol.

If you're training in the evening, you'd probably want to make sure you're getting in a good amount of food pre-workout, so making your last meal rich in protein and slow carbs, and some good fats would probably be best.

Try it out, see if it works, and adjust from there. It's all a big experiment anyway!!!
    . Thanks. Yeah I will adjust depending on results. Will be taking some bcaas after workout since I usually workout at 11 pm.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Yes, BCAA are very good during the 16hr fast!
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Agreed but this makes things a lot easier. I diet on my low calorie days and scarf on my anabolic days.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252598-kleen-olympus-labs.html
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinyguy View Post
    Yeah.. Every time I get on here and read the stuff they are eating it instantly makes me HUNGRY!!!
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Agreed but this makes things a lot easier. I diet on my low calorie days and scarf on my anabolic days.
    The funny thing is that's what I've been doing the past few weeks, On off days i do cardio and diet pretty strictly but on days i train i eat whatever/whenever. There HAS to be a benefit to it because your supporting muscle growth on the days you NEED it and on the off days your still maintaining enough protein and eating less calories. I'm just gonna stick with it and see where i end up in a few weeks.
    I hope everybody thinks i'm crazy, because you cannot be a sane person and go through the type of pain i am willing to put myself through to be where i want to be, Once I completely win the war between my mind and body, my reign will begin. ~Me
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  213 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyDoc View Post
    Yeah.. Every time I get on here and read the stuff they are eating it instantly makes me HUNGRY!!!
    Yeah i love eating so i had to adapt a little to IF.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

yesterday

1 Butter panner
    4 Tandoori Chicken tighs
    2 entire naan's lol
    2 vegetable palav

my god you lucky ppl.
    I'm gluten intolerant ; ;
    nan has gluten right? ; ; Please tell it doesn't i'mma head over to my local indian place and eat all I can!
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

Livestrong.com
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by freezito View Post
    Livestrong.com
    Thanks lol

Should really use the sources available. Sometimes the excitement of looking at the awesome meals makes me forget I can think for myself haha
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  205 lbs.

Cornbread is fantastic.

That is all.
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The first rule of Lean Gains is there are no cheat meals!

But yeah, I would classify it as that!

2 hyuge servings of Butter chicken
    2 hyuge servings of Saag
    2 Tandoori Chicken legs
    3 Samosas
    4 servings Naan
    3 big servings curried vegetables
    1 bowl rice dessert (forgot name)
    5 Gulab Jamun balls w/loads of syrup

and when I got home I had a brownie, a glass of milk, and passed out for the evening (8PM)

I was at about 5600 calories for the day, a bit above my 4400 target (20% over maintenance)!

This morning, cleared it ALL out before quads!
    Is it wrong that I went from 6 to midnight when I read that? Could be the fact I get to eat in 30 minutes and I am starving!
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  26. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    Is it wrong that I went from 6 to midnight when I read that? Could be the fact I get to eat in 30 minutes and I am starving!
    I'm there with you, watching the clock intently!!!

I just popped some glycobol, had a good back/shoulder/arm workout this morning, I AM READY TO BREAK FAST ALREADY!!!

Yeah, I want to head back to the Indian place. I could eat there just about every day for just $6! I could make it my 1 meal for the day to keep calories in check!
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kyoryoko View Post
    my god you lucky ppl.
    I'm gluten intolerant ; ;
    nan has gluten right? ; ; Please tell it doesn't i'mma head over to my local indian place and eat all I can!
    Well it is a wheat flour based bread, I assume that would mean gluten.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.

Hey guys come check out my new eating Challenge (Gone in 60 Seconds part-deuce) on my TRIVIA thread.... REDEFINE NUTRITON Weightlifting/Bodybuilding Trivia...
    Dr. Albert Scott Representative for FINAFLEX
    www.finaflex.com
    Redefine Yourself..... REDEFINE EVERYTHING!
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Man I had a fun meal for lunch, will have a large amount of protein later tonight and that will probably be all. Had 2 hot wings, a plate of Chicken Marsala pasta, and 1 really big piece of cake and some pieces of bread with a spinach and artichoke dip. Not something to recommend especially on a lower calorie day but I don't pass up on that cake it is some of the best around. Made me happy I am not getting ready for anything specific today won't be any type of problem and wont be any kind of make up day or anything to try to make up for having that meal. I may only have protein a later today to make up for it if I do anything.

Tomorrow I will be eating big again but it is a lower body day and should be needed. Hopefully some of these carbs I just got in are full on ready to go for tomorrows lift. I know I am already seeing vascularity from that meal. Oh I also took 600mg of ALA before eating this. WooHoo!
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Man I had a fun meal for lunch, will have a large amount of protein later tonight and that will probably be all. Had 2 hot wings, a plate of Chicken Marsala pasta, and 1 really big piece of cake and some pieces of bread with a spinach and artichoke dip. Not something to recommend especially on a lower calorie day but I don't pass up on that cake it is some of the best around. Made me happy I am not getting ready for anything specific today won't be any type of problem and wont be any kind of make up day or anything to try to make up for having that meal. I may only have protein a later today to make up for it if I do anything.

Tomorrow I will be eating big again but it is a lower body day and should be needed. Hopefully some of these carbs I just got in are full on ready to go for tomorrows lift. I know I am already seeing vascularity from that meal. Oh I also took 600mg of ALA before eating this. WooHoo!
    You fuggin glutton, I am sitting here on the edge of my seat ready to go and pig out on a couple of gyro's, and I have to come here and read about your fuggin feast ... I am so gonna hoover those fuggers down...
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

You fuggin glutton, I am sitting here on the edge of my seat ready to go and pig out on a couple of gyro's, and I have to come here and read about your fuggin feast ... I am so gonna hoover those fuggers down...
    Yeah it is pretty awesome and it really seems the progestin is kicking in so I honestly do not expect any damage from this at all. I bet it all lands in my muscle.
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Yeah it is pretty awesome and it really seems the progestin is kicking in so I honestly do not expect any damage from this at all. I bet it all lands in my muscle.
    I just had and orange, so feel a pit less peckish... Oranges really energize me for some reason...
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Just thought I'd throw out there some numbers on the success I'm having with lean gains.

I started lean gains on April 4th at 196, and today (may 20th) I am sitting at 176. So its 20 lbs in around 6 weeks on lean gains with maintaining strength!!

Last year on a full on cut it took me 8 weeks to lose 16 lbs and I lost a good amount of strength and muscle in the process.

I think this whole thing of high Cal/ training days is a lot of the magic. Basicly cutting on rest days and maintaining or even building muscle on training days is great. This whole thing is wonderful, and in another month I can't imagine where I will be....
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  34. Senior Member

what i want to know is, who all is doing cardio in the fed state? im not leaning out as quick as i'd like and im wondering if doing cardio during the 8 hour period would be.......counter productive.

you'd be burning liver glycogen doing cardio in the fed state when you're trying to preserve liver glycogen to fend off catabolism for as long as you can - sort of saving your calories for the fast.....dividing fat burning time and recovery/hibernation time. so it would make sense to do all of the cardio in the fasted state.

however, ive only been doing an hour of walking a day during my fast for cardio and i'd like to step it up a notch by doing some eliptical at night when i can hit the gym equipment.

thoughts?
    For me, the action IS the juice.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

I don't think it will have any effect catabolic wise, we don't really fast long enough to produce catabolism of muscle only fat. So really at that point it becomes a calories in calories out situation so yeah it would be of benefit, but probably not as much as additional cardio during the fast or simply removing an extra 500 cals on non training days. It won't hurt your muscle and doesn't equal out to much of a drop over the course of a week but is big enough to drop about an extra .5 lb off a week.
  36. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

I'm doing 0 cardio at all, weighed in at 191 today, started doing IF seriously 12 days ago at somewhere between 198-200
    This space for rent

37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  204 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm doing 0 cardio at all, weighed in at 191 today, started doing IF seriously 12 days ago at somewhere between 198-200
    Yeah he recommends you just have a lower caloric intake on the rest days and that would equal what you would burn via cardio. However he also states cardio in the fasted state promotes faster fat loss. So just depend on how you want to approach it but it works both ways.
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    what i want to know is, who all is doing cardio in the fed state? im not leaning out as quick as i'd like and im wondering if doing cardio during the 8 hour period would be.......counter productive.

you'd be burning liver glycogen doing cardio in the fed state when you're trying to preserve liver glycogen to fend off catabolism for as long as you can - sort of saving your calories for the fast.....dividing fat burning time and recovery/hibernation time. so it would make sense to do all of the cardio in the fasted state.

however, ive only been doing an hour of walking a day during my fast for cardio and i'd like to step it up a notch by doing some eliptical at night when i can hit the gym equipment.

thoughts?
    For "stubborn fat loss," you can add in a little of cardio at the end of your lifting session to help lose those last pounds of fat. I would recommend (and I myself typically perform) 25-30 minutes of incline/brisk walking for this, but you could experiment with other types of cardio as well!
  39. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

LISS is great for targeting fat loss and minimizing muscle loss. However, you don't burn the same quantity of fat as if you do MISS or HIIT, those burn more total calories and total fat.

My preference is doing HIIT and MISS until I get in the single digit bodyfat range, then switch over to mainly LISS (12-15% incline, 3mph, 45-60 minute sessions up to 2 x a day).
  40. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Quick question, I've been fasting 17+ hours now and I'm feeling fine, no hunger at all now. How long should I keep going? I just ran ~3 miles and I'm going to do a few more in a little bit.

I'm drinking some BCAA, but not jonesing for anything right now (took 1 Dexaprine earlier today, those things friggin' annihilate my appetite!).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 06:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 12:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains