The Lean Gains / IF learning and Discussion Log

Page 10 of 166 First ... 89101112 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    ugh, I ended eating a bit early yesterday (total window was from 1-7) and i'm dying right now of hunger. Still gotta make it till 11 at least yuck
    i hear ya. im starting to get hungry.....its 8 30 and i gotta make it till 5pm wtf!

    that run musta burned through all my glycogen.


    thats why i NEVER DO cardio during the fed state......and almost never do heavy cardio in the morning.....but im still super happy about my run. even if im gonna be in pain for several hours lol
    For me, the action IS the juice.


  2. Your body DOES adjust to training fasted. Most of it is mental. It just takes a little time. I just burnt 775 calories flipping a tractor tire, doing box jumps, swinging my sledge hammer and all kinds of other crap for 35 minutes this morning and now I'm enjoying some delicious nonfat sherbet ice cream. Take THAT, dieters!
    •   
       


  3. To you guys struggling with hunger....

    How much water are you consuming? When I feel hungry a big glass of water usually blunts the feeling.

    Diet soda works well too.

  4. Ive gone through almost a quart of coffee plus 16 oz or so of water this morning (over the last 2 hours) and i'm dying. But whatever, I can live with it, I just hate it and like to complain. I never really understood it when people can't stop themselves from eating due to hunger, or when bulking they can't manage to eat more because they aren't hungry. Eating is a job, it only gets to be for pleasure occasionally.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLord View Post
    To you guys struggling with hunger....

    How much water are you consuming? When I feel hungry a big glass of water usually blunts the feeling.

    Diet soda works well too.
    Right now around 4 litres ed, more when it starts heating up... I always have a litre on hand...
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Folkmetalhead View Post
    Has anyone done IF while on cycle? Would be nice to see results..
    Plenty of people, ZamaMan who is not in this thread has done it a few times. I am going to be running a beta log for a progestin here very soon. However honestly all you need to know is if something works well naturally it will be amplified even better on cycle. It is the other way around that things fall apart. By that I mean you can't eat the way you can get away with on cycle when not on without adding some fat. However being on cycle is just going to increase the muscle gained, and fat lost. This is a more efficient way of eating for most people, which automatically increases the success rate. However it does not completely change the rules. Maintenance is still maintenance, eating for bulk is still increasing cals, cutting is still cutting cals and recomp is still eating an average of your maintenance through out the week.

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    ugh, I ended eating a bit early yesterday (total window was from 1-7) and i'm dying right now of hunger. Still gotta make it till 11 at least yuck
    SUCK IT UP!!!! LOL No really the closer you keep your times the better of you are regarding when the ghrelin is released around the times of your feedings. Also eating sugary things makes you feel hungrier the next day. So as much as you enjoyed the ice cream last night you have to pay for it today with additional hunger.

    I do still get my hunger pains every once in a while but now I know it is only going to be a few minutes and it is gone. Just don't focus on the hunger. Find something else to do and before you know it you won't be hungry anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    i hear ya. im starting to get hungry.....its 8 30 and i gotta make it till 5pm wtf!

    that run musta burned through all my glycogen.


    thats why i NEVER DO cardio during the fed state......and almost never do heavy cardio in the morning.....but im still super happy about my run. even if im gonna be in pain for several hours lol
    I doubt you will be in pain unless you focus on the hunger. Just like I mentioned above just find something to do. Also try drinking a large glass of water, or chewing some gum. The chewing motion does something to satiate the hunger. I am not exactly sure what the machanism is behind this but it definitely helps. Also keep some broccoli or celery around for when it gets too bad. Basically water vitamins and fiber. However will fill that hole in your gut up temporarily.

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRock View Post
    Your body DOES adjust to training fasted. Most of it is mental. It just takes a little time. I just burnt 775 calories flipping a tractor tire, doing box jumps, swinging my sledge hammer and all kinds of other crap for 35 minutes this morning and now I'm enjoying some delicious nonfat sherbet ice cream. Take THAT, dieters!
    HAHA Love it. Nice workout too!
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Ive gone through almost a quart of coffee plus 16 oz or so of water this morning (over the last 2 hours) and i'm dying. But whatever, I can live with it, I just hate it and like to complain. I never really understood it when people can't stop themselves from eating due to hunger, or when bulking they can't manage to eat more because they aren't hungry. Eating is a job, it only gets to be for pleasure occasionally.
    Sometime the coffee can make you feel hungrier, especially if you use artificial sweeteners. They still have an effect on insulin levels. Also 16 oz of water in two hours is that all? Get with the program man! Just fuggin with ya.

    Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Right now around 4 litres ed, more when it starts heating up... I always have a litre on hand...
    Yeah I try to get in no less than a gallon a day. Speaking of it is about time for me to get myself some more water.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Ive gone through almost a quart of coffee plus 16 oz or so of water this morning (over the last 2 hours) and i'm dying. But whatever, I can live with it, I just hate it and like to complain. I never really understood it when people can't stop themselves from eating due to hunger, or when bulking they can't manage to eat more because they aren't hungry. Eating is a job, it only gets to be for pleasure occasionally.
    Eating is definetely a job. Our bodies like to eat at maintenance level it seems, and for the most part we all here are trying to change our bodies and not maintain it, so its always either feeling so stuffed from all the food we are eating or feeling a little starved all the time that we must get used to. IF has made it a little easier I believe, but its still a job that needs to fill your macro and calorie requirements for that day
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  8. Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    Eating is definetely a job. Our bodies like to eat at maintenance level it seems, and for the most part we all here are trying to change our bodies and not maintain it, so its always either feeling so stuffed from all the food we are eating or feeling a little starved all the time that we must get used to. IF has made it a little easier I believe, but its still a job that needs to fill your macro and calorie requirements for that day

    Unfortunately for me I don't typically have to feel stuffed to gain weight. I gain VERY EASILY! Mine is always a fight to recomp or cut...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Unfortunately for me I don't typically have to feel stuffed to gain weight. I gain VERY EASILY! Mine is always a fight to recomp or cut...
    Ditto... I just love the fact that I have a gorge comming on after my workout, and what this diet lets me get away with.
    Unremarkable is no way to go through life... Doug

  10. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post
    Ditto... I just love the fact that I have a gorge comming on after my workout, and what this diet lets me get away with.
    No doubt I just consumed almost 1500 in one meal which is unheard of granted this time around it was all clean but it is really nice to have options.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  11. Looks like im starting IF tomorrow, this will be atleast 60 day ride.. I aint counting fishoil in btw, which i get atleast 10g daily.

    Diet will be like this on training days:
    Before wo:
    15g of BCAA
    After wo:
    400g lean meat
    3dl whole grain pasta
    400g tomato sauce
    Whole grain baguette (About 175-200g)
    "Snack":
    1kg quark
    500g pineapple
    Last meal:
    400g cottage cheese
    15g of EVOO
    45g of dark cacao
    3100kcals, 280p, 290h and 85f

    On offdays:
    Fastbreak:
    5 eggs
    200g not so lean meat
    400g sweet potato
    "Snack":
    500g quark
    Last meal:
    400g of cottage cheese
    15g of EVOO
    1800kcals, 190p, 100h, 65f.

    Training will be 4-day split Legs+Rear Delts/Chest&Tri&Calves/Back&Bis/Delts&Calves..

    I will also add PLP challenge from t-nation (Chad Waterbury) which is 10x some push-up, pull-up and lunge variation daily while you add 1 more rep everyday. I have heard so much good stuff from this and seen result from my buddy and i guess i don't have nothing to lose so.. I'll be doing elevated push-ups, chins and forward lunges for this.

    So any suggestions considering diet? Oh and i will be changing foods from time to time, but macros will be staying about same..

  12. Looks pretty good to me man. Very close to my numbers actually.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  13. What is quark?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  14. Stuff made from milk.. Something like sour cream, but taste and texture is different.
    100g of it has 57kcals, 9.8 p, 4.1h and 0.2f (Differs little bit by who makes it).

  15. I seem to, sadly, be an exception to this. I found LG about 2 months back and went on, strict, for 1 month. Lost weight, sure, but it was mostly muscle. Can't figure this out since my calorie target was 3000 every day. Quickly re-gained what I had lost when I went to a more traditional diet approach. Too bad. I was hoping this would get me leaner for summer.

    Congratulations to DW and Kleen. Glad it works so well for you.
    If you think you can or you can't, you're right!

    I think therefore I can!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by JohnRock View Post
    Your body DOES adjust to training fasted. Most of it is mental. It just takes a little time. I just burnt 775 calories flipping a tractor tire, doing box jumps, swinging my sledge hammer and all kinds of other crap for 35 minutes this morning and now I'm enjoying some delicious nonfat sherbet ice cream. Take THAT, dieters!
    I think it's dependent on your workload. I burn between 6-8k at work per day. The hard part is keeping strength up high whist losing bf and keeping as much muscle on as possible. I have done the fasting part for a good run and it just does not work for me for my current type of work. I lacked strength and endurance throughout the work day and my work outs suffered. It obviously works for people who burn a normal amount of calories though.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Blacktail View Post
    I think it's dependent on your workload. I burn between 6-8k at work per day. The hard part is keeping strength up high whist losing bf and keeping as much muscle on as possible. I have done the fasting part for a good run and it just does not work for me for my current type of work. I lacked strength and endurance throughout the work day and my work outs suffered. It obviously works for people who burn a normal amount of calories though.
    Wait, so given that figure and your weight, you would need to take in a minimum of 9,000 calories per day to gain weight without any additional lifting or exercise?

    (6000k @ work; ~3000k resting metabolic rate @ 235)

  18. That is a lot of grub!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Wait, so given that figure and your weight, you would need to take in a minimum of 9,000 calories per day to gain weight without any additional lifting or exercise?

    (6000k @ work; ~3000k resting metabolic rate @ 235)
    2nd job is eating!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Wait, so given that figure and your weight, you would need to take in a minimum of 9,000 calories per day to gain weight without any additional lifting or exercise?

    (6000k @ work; ~3000k resting metabolic rate @ 235)
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"

  21. IM undertaking this diet tomorrow. I ate my last snack at 9:30pm

    going to do this routine

    pre workout meal (30% of all calories soo about 1k cals)
    lift/cardio
    eat again
    eat again
    eat again
    fast and repeat

    im going to be carb cycling as im cutting, with only 100g carbs in the mix for 5 days then upping carbs to 250 for a day and back down.....should be fun!
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html

  22. Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    IM undertaking this diet tomorrow. I ate my last snack at 9:30pm

    going to do this routine

    pre workout meal (30% of all calories soo about 1k cals)
    lift/cardio
    eat again
    eat again
    eat again
    fast and repeat

    im going to be carb cycling as im cutting, with only 100g carbs in the mix for 5 days then upping carbs to 250 for a day and back down.....should be fun!
    Give it hell Schwell!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  23. I'm in, started IF Sunday night/Monday morning. Like you guys said, it gets easier every day, if I get hungry at work, I just go find something to keep me busy. Need to get an idea of my calorie intake, but this seems to suffice right now.

    Here's my typical schedule (MON-FRI)
    6am wakeup, drink coffee
    7am sprints
    8am work (at a gym)
    3pm take pre w/o (White Flood)
    5pm post w/o: WW bagel, eggs, protein shake, some fruit
    6pm dinner: meat/veggies (as much as I can eat) and some complex carbs
    8pm dinner#2: meat/fruit/PB
    10pm dessert: low-fat ice cream or protein pudding
    11pm protein shake before bed

    I plan to be a little looser on weekends, throw in some pizza and all that, but cut back 200-300 total calories.

    Currently @ 225 & 12.4% BF, looking to drop BF but keep as much mass as possible, I know I'll lose some.

    Oh yeah, just coming off a SD/Havoc/Orastan-E cycle.

    Any comments/suggestions? You guys are the experts! Thanks

  24. Quote Originally Posted by grippo View Post
    I'm in, started IF Sunday night/Monday morning. Like you guys said, it gets easier every day, if I get hungry at work, I just go find something to keep me busy. Need to get an idea of my calorie intake, but this seems to suffice right now.

    Here's my typical schedule (MON-FRI)
    6am wakeup, drink coffee
    7am sprints
    8am work (at a gym)
    3pm take pre w/o (White Flood)
    5pm post w/o: WW bagel, eggs, protein shake, some fruit
    6pm dinner: meat/veggies (as much as I can eat) and some complex carbs
    8pm dinner#2: meat/fruit/PB
    10pm dessert: low-fat ice cream or protein pudding
    11pm protein shake before bed

    I plan to be a little looser on weekends, throw in some pizza and all that, but cut back 200-300 total calories.

    Currently @ 225 & 12.4% BF, looking to drop BF but keep as much mass as possible, I know I'll lose some.

    Oh yeah, just coming off a SD/Havoc/Orastan-E cycle.

    Any comments/suggestions? You guys are the experts! Thanks

    When did you come off the cycle? You aren't trying to cut weight in PCT or right after are you? If so you will lose some muscle mass. However if not then you should not lose any muscle unless grossly underfeeding yourself.

    If just off of PCT or in PCT then go with a recomp strategy. Maintenance calories -20% on non training days and +20% on Weight training days. You will be surprised how well you lean up like that while not losing and often gaining LBM.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  25. Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    IM undertaking this diet tomorrow. I ate my last snack at 9:30pm

    going to do this routine

    pre workout meal (30% of all calories soo about 1k cals)
    lift/cardio
    eat again
    eat again
    eat again
    fast and repeat

    im going to be carb cycling as im cutting, with only 100g carbs in the mix for 5 days then upping carbs to 250 for a day and back down.....should be fun!
    Good to see you taking the IF plunge Schwell!! Its the in thing right now for good reason and more and more people are learning the benefits to the lean gains method of dieting!!
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Lean Gains Meals
    By malleus25 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 08:52 AM
  2. Lean Gains
    By jrdd13 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. RPM + ? = lean muscle gains
    By pumpforlife in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 12:31 AM
  4. T1-PRO vs. One for Lean Gains..
    By skumster225 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 07:10 PM
Log in
Log in