High blood pressure

1krazyrider

Awards
I am new to AM .I have been out out this for about 20yrs. I did some aas without any real knowledge as to what i was doing then nor do i now. I Had quit smoking 1yr ago now .Back then my blood pressure was 140/80 2months ago 1 went for pyhsical pressure was 200/100 ther about. I have gotten it back down to 140 to 150 with some med and hitting gym avg 5 days a week. but the med is giving me bad migraines and coughing , so stopped them for now and im still maintaining . I have also been taking N.O , Creatine ,fish oil and CLA as i am tring to lose some fat around the stomach , I am 210 and dont want to lose my size Was 220 1mth ago So any recomendations for keeping size as i am try to burn the fat off. Also i am eat a whole lot better than i ever have. and trying to keep the sodium down But wtf everything seem to have it in it. Now i know i need a lot more knowlege,diet and gym before i decide to try another cycle or maybe thinking of trying hgh now but ever thing i read on it the more it worries me about sides and from all forums iread i never hear anyone talk about the sides happening to them. But all good ihear about them sounds right up my alley fat burn, energy (which i need) strength and heart health . Sorry im all over the place, any help would be greatly appreciated.

codered5

Awards
Well for keeping size....make sure you get plenty of protein and include lifting in your workout regimen. Also do HIIT cardio, which helps reduce burning up muscle and concentrates mostly on fat. As for your BP, just make sure you are eating healthy I guess, cut out some caffeine if you have too much.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Have you thought about supplements to help you?

I had a mildly higher BP not too long ago and took some steps into helping it come down, by A LOT, and am now back in regular ranges.

-Life Support sup (forgot the manufacturer, sorry, can't google at work either)
-Celery Seed extract
-Garlic extract
-Potassium - Also, perhaps exchange your regular kitchen salt for "No Salt", which is potassium based
-Fish oils, omega 3-6-9, not just your regular Costco oils
-Lots and lots of nuts. Almonds, Pecans and Walnuts would be my recommendations
-Swiming has done wonders for me too, helps all around body exercise and could help bring your stuff down
-Reduce stress in anyway you can

And last but certainly not least, sleep. Well.

shocknyou

shocknyou

Awards
stopping meds without consulting your physician is never a good idea you should contact the doctor and let him/her know about the side effects there are a ton of BP meds so that one didn't work for you before you say well i am maintaining you need to consider the half life of the drug also often headaches are a side effect of high BP that the med is treating be very careful when it comes to supplements as many supplements can cause increases in BP try to avoid high sodium food choices and continue to exercise as long as your physician has given you clearance for exercise keep in mind that exercise increases your BP during the activity and that your BP will drop for a little while after your exercise is complete

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
stopping meds without consulting your physician is never a good idea you should contact the doctor and let him/her know about the side effects there are a ton of BP meds so that one didn't work for you before you say well i am maintaining you need to consider the half life of the drug also often headaches are a side effect of high BP that the med is treating be very careful when it comes to supplements as many supplements can cause increases in BP try to avoid high sodium food choices and continue to exercise as long as your physician has given you clearance for exercise keep in mind that exercise increases your BP during the activity and that your BP will drop for a little while after your exercise is complete
Please punctuate :puppy_dog_eyes:

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
go to the doc before u change any meds, avoid sodium and drink lots and lots of water. get plenty of sleep, avoid caffeine or sodas with caffeine in them.

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
Have you thought about supplements to help you?

I had a mildly higher BP not too long ago and took some steps into helping it come down, by A LOT, and am now back in regular ranges.

-Life Support sup (forgot the manufacturer, sorry, can't google at work either)
-Celery Seed extract
-Garlic extract
-Potassium - Also, perhaps exchange your regular kitchen salt for "No Salt", which is potassium based
-Fish oils, omega 3-6-9, not just your regular Costco oils
-Lots and lots of nuts. Almonds, Pecans and Walnuts would be my recommendations
-Swiming has done wonders for me too, helps all around body exercise and could help bring your stuff down
-Reduce stress in anyway you can

And last but certainly not least, sleep. Well.
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/anabolic-innovations/life-support-120-caps.html

AnabolicFrenz

Awards
Celery Seed
Hawthorne Berry
Red Yeast Rice
CoQ10

Jacked.N.Tan

Jacked.N.Tan

Awards
go to the doc before u change any meds, avoid sodium and drink lots and lots of water. get plenty of sleep, avoid caffeine or sodas with caffeine in them.
-avoid stims
-limit processed foods
-watch sugars
-low intesity steady state cardio
-drink water

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
High diastolic blood pressures (the second number), especially in young people (how old are you?) are some reasons for serious concern. Have you had your BP tested during exercise? Does you DBP increase or decrease with exercise? DBP should decrease slightly with exercise, if it does not, then this is a bad sign. Its a sign of arterial stiffening, and is a side effect of smoking.

Also, chronically high SBP (the higher number) often leads to pathological heart enlargement. Basically, the heart is working harder all the time against the pressure to pump blood, and the walls increase in thickness. As a result, the oxygen requirements of the heart are increased.
Don't forget, high blood pressure damages vessel walls and encourages the build up of plaques (clogging of arteries) in those damaged areas. If, under high pressure situations, those plaques burst they can travel the blood stream and often become lodged in heart or brain arteries and thus cause heart attacks and strokes, respectively.

In either case, high BP, such as what you described, place you at serious risk for cardiac events later in life. HGH probably (definitely) isn't the best idea if you're concerned about your health.

Br