Drug test reveals.....blood and protein in urine.....

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
So whats this mean, internet docs? :D

I gotta real appointment next thurs, but I'm wondering, I'm 12 weeks in on test e and deca cycle, and wondering if that would cause it somehow?

Deca is actually done, and in two weeks so is test....support supps are milk thistle, hawthorne berry, fish oil, ADAM vitamins and super anti-oxidants. And Taurine when I get back pumps, usually when I sit in a truck for 8-10 hours a day. Actually its probably kidney stones from that damned thing beating the hell out of me regularly and drinking the Monster ( I drive tractor trailer....from 1991 so the ride leaves a lot to be desired, LOL)

All my googling shows kidney issues, and I'm thinking I need more water and less damn Monster (just 1 can a day)

Anyway, any ideas so I don't scare myself thinking I have cancer and will need my kidneys yanked out?

Thanks!!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kidneys.

How much protein you intake? Anything over 2G per Kilo has research showing it can cause kidney damage.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I aim for 300g/day as I'm ~260 pounds right now......I would say I would fall short more often than I go over.

Also see a few things that said heavy lifting can cause it, and I sure have been lifting heavy :D

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kilos or lbs?
Kilo's. Studies were performed in Europe.

Many people intake way over the requirement for protein, especially since the body can only process so much and the rest is passed as waste, and if found in the urine, then you are going overboard.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kidneys. your filtration method is off. Several conditions can cause hematuria (blood in urin), most of them not serious. Blood can be in urine for 24 hours so i would go back and get it tested once more. but before you do, DRINK THAT WATER for a good two weeks. when you go back and if it is the same, talk to the doc.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Kilo's. Studies were performed in Europe.
WOW :surprised:.....that's 4.4 grams per pound. Rule of thumb is usually 1.5g - 2g per pound of bodyweight isn't it?

Based on OPs reply, this is not his issue anyway.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Someone who is not used to jogging can get blood in urine from one jog around the park. That's what my doc told me. Hell, I lift weight until I hear bone crunching or bending - then I ease off. I pretty much figure I got blood in my urine 24/7.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What were the levels? Protein in the urine (low concentrations) if often common after intense exercise. Also, high blood pressure can effect the function of the kidneys (can really screw them up if hypertension is left untreated) and lead to protein in the urine. BP is often elevated during a cycle.

Br

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Eh just go see your Doc. (s)he'll just run some simple bloodwork and rule out (or in) some kidney issue.

Agreed, suck down as much H2O as possible prior to the bloodwork. And if the bloodwork comes back abnormal (as in, there is some kidney injury) please be forthcoming with your physician about your steroid use and nutrition.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
My impression is that "some" doctors are not up to date on sports/athletic medicine and how to treat athletes. If they see ANY elevated protein or creatinine levels, blood in the urine, etc they turtle up and tell you stop taking ANYTHING and be more sedentary.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW :surprised:.....that's 4.4 grams per pound. Rule of thumb is usually 1.5g - 2g per pound of bodyweight isn't it?

Based on OPs reply, this is not his issue anyway.
I think your math is a bit off :)

1 Kilo = 2.2lbs

So he was saying 2g per 2.2lbs or .9ish grams per pound.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kidneys.

How much protein you intake? Anything over 2G per Kilo has research showing it can cause kidney damage.
Do you have a reference for this? I was under the impression that all studies which concluded this were done on patients with existing kidney damage.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
The guy just come in after and said I had "trace" amounts, so I'm assuming it was just a wee bit.

And this happened just a couple hours after a leg session.....Thursday when I go back I'll see a regular doc and can give him the whole story....

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Kidneys.

I think your math is a bit off :)

1 Kilo = 2.2lbs

So he was saying 2g per 2.2lbs or .9ish grams per pound.
LOL...yeah, that number is so small it confused me and I got it backwards. That number seems WAY off. Was that study by chance funded by PETA?

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
If your eating enough of your other macros you don't need more than 2-2.5g per kg. The body will simply convert the excess to glucose and use it for energy. The only time I eat over 200g of protein is when i'm cutting.

Eating carbohydrates spares protein breakdown, so even with minimal protein intake you can maintain muscle mass. By adding protein you shift the body into a positive nitrogen balance, but it doesn't take 40-50g post workout... Studies have shown that just 10g of Essential Amino Acids maximally stimulated protein synthesis compared to 10/20/30/40/50g of whey. And your typical whey protein has about 10g of EAA's in a 20g scoop

I could go on for days, but point is you don't need 300-400g of protein ever... timing and type of protein are more important

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have a reference for this? I was under the impression that all studies which concluded this were done on patients with existing kidney damage.
I thought the same thing. Interested to hear his response on this.

Movin_weight

Movin_weight

Awards
  • Established
I thought the same thing. Interested to hear his response on this.
This is not true in the sense of kidney damage... but eating excess protein that is not utilized for protein synthesis must be broken down into urea and excreted by the kidneys, which does put extra un-needed strain on the kidneys. The amount that can cause damage is unfounded in healthy individuals though as far as i know

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is not true in the sense of kidney damage... but eating excess protein that is not utilized for protein synthesis must be broken down into urea and excreted by the kidneys, which does put extra un-needed strain on the kidneys. The amount that can cause damage is unfounded in healthy individuals though as far as i know
From what I understood are body has an unbelieveable ability to adapt and as long as it wasnt an exegerated excess amount of protein then our kidneys should be able to handle it. The question was what is the breaking point for them? Last I heard it was unkown as most of the studies were done on people who had a history of kidney problems. To me 1-2g per lb isnt exegerated and its how I been eating and I never had any protein in my urine.. not that I know of at least. I was just interested to hear Adams response to see if he had a study that said otherwise as I dont really attempt to even try and keep up with them