Supplement Questions

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79%

Supplement Questions

I am 21 years old and I'd say I'm at the intermediate level in my workouts. I work out 4 days a week taking off wednesday and the weekends. I'm looking to put on a little bit of muscle mass but I dont want to get fat. I'm currently taking Afterglow, I dont know if you guys are familiar with it. My question is, should I be adding l-glutamine to it or not? I have been and I'm not sure if its going to help or hurt me. Another question is, is it safe to be mixing creatine, l-glutamine, and the afterglow all together. I just started taking creatine monohydrate today and I took 10 grams in my shake after my workout and felt a little sick, feeling better now though. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.75%

Some people cant tolerate creatine very well, stomach issues.
    I'm fine with it. What your doing is fine.
    I take 15 - 20g L-Glutamine a day, I feel like it helps my recovery.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.17%

BCAA's are the best supplement you can buy.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Kingaling07 View Post
    I am 21 years old and I'd say I'm at the intermediate level in my workouts. I work out 4 days a week taking off wednesday and the weekends. I'm looking to put on a little bit of muscle mass but I dont want to get fat. I'm currently taking Afterglow, I dont know if you guys are familiar with it. My question is, should I be adding l-glutamine to it or not? I have been and I'm not sure if its going to help or hurt me. Another question is, is it safe to be mixing creatine, l-glutamine, and the afterglow all together. I just started taking creatine monohydrate today and I took 10 grams in my shake after my workout and felt a little sick, feeling better now though. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    For starters, whether you gain muscle or bodyfat is dependent on your NUTRITION. If you're not eating enough, you won't make gains. If you eat far more than required for muscle accretion, you will gain some bodyfat. Finding your ideal caloric requirements for gaining muscle is essential.

Re L-glutamine, honestly, the literature is so conflicted over whether it actually works or not. I did my meta-analysis on it during the last year of my degree and came to the conclusion that supplementing with it is pretty much useless for anyone who is not a completely sedentary individual.

Afterglow already contains L-Glutamine, so you don't need to add more - using more has not been shown to have any more effect than a low dose. So, it's not going to hurt you to add it, but IMO you're wasting your money.

Afterglow contains 1g of Kre-Alkalyn. You don't need to add 10g more creatine monohydrate to the Afterglow - 10g is far too much, and is highly likely the reason you feel nauseous after having your shake. You don't need 10g of creatine monohydrate daily - 2-3g is enough.

I recommend checking out The 5 Basic Staple Supplements: The Only Supplements That Are Essential To Your Regime for more information on supplements you should be using for your goals.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. Questions about Jack3d supplement...
    By viking805fan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 12:03 PM
  2. Questions about Growth Supplement
    By Krokis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 12:09 PM
  3. CKD supplement questions
    By bigdognhb in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1