How much sugar is too much

  1. How much sugar is too much


    I love that Oikos plain yogurt because it has 23 grams of protein per 1 cup, but 9 grams of carbs, which are sugars. But I think it's the sugar from the milk, so it's natural. Is this ok?


  2. 9 grams is nothing, I wouldn't worry about it.

  3. Just depends, since I'm trying to cut fat I wouldn't eat it a few hours before going to bed. Your goals may be different though.
    •   
       


  4. it all depends on the rest of your diet and how it is set up. in a vacuum though, 9g of sugar isn't much at all

  5. Quote Originally Posted by dropshot001 View Post
    it all depends on the rest of your diet and how it is set up. in a vacuum though, 9g of sugar isn't much at all
    QFE

  6. Oikos is fine for you, it's lactose sugar which is literally harmless, nothing like HFCS sugar.

  7. So I shouldn't really count the sugar in milk then either?

  8. When you start getting fat.
    NSCA - CSCS

  9. 9g is nothing. You must be on a serious cut if you're legitimately worried about 9g. More power to ya.
    NSCA - CSCS

  10. Quote Originally Posted by thewolf49 View Post
    So I shouldn't really count the sugar in milk then either?
    if you are on a low carb diet, maybe, but the sugar in milk isn't bad for you.

  11. Alright thanks for the info

  12. i try not to get anymore than 50g a day

  13. Does that count what's in milk, yogurt, etc?

  14. i dont drink milk and hardly eat yogurt...counting mainly junk sugar from stuff like monster energy drinks,candy,etc

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Sweekaters View Post
    if you are on a low carb diet, maybe, but the sugar in milk isn't bad for you.
    unless lactose intolerant then its digested like a fiber and doesnt count toward carbohydrate total, problem is its doesnt break down which kind of sugar it is...

  16. Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    unless lactose intolerant then its digested like a fiber and doesnt count toward carbohydrate total, problem is its doesnt break down which kind of sugar it is...
    Lactose definitely applies to carbohydrate totals...

  17. Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Lactose definitely applies to carbohydrate totals...
    What he was saying is that only if you are lactose intolerant, then you cannot digest it and hence do not have to count it...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Nitrox View Post
    What he was saying is that only if you are lactose intolerant, then you cannot digest it and hence do not have to count it...
    Well sure, so somewhat free calories... just massive amounts of diarrhea and bloating.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Ziricote View Post
    9 grams is nothing, I wouldn't worry about it.
    I agree.
    also worry more for HFCS wich is in most pops ect.

    here is something WELL WORTH waching: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&playnext=1&videos=eYSIBEHjB 6I"]YouTube- Sugar: The Bitter Truth[/nomedia]

  20. you should be good to go
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Protein bar without sugar and sugar alcohols?
    By kyleintheknow in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 03:29 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 11:59 PM
  3. Sugar Alcohols...
    By Aggravated in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 10:32 AM
  4. Too Much Sugar in Milk?
    By skih00k in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 03:02 AM
  5. Do you need sugar with your CEE?
    By Khyron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Log in
Log in