How much sugar is too much

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
I love that Oikos plain yogurt because it has 23 grams of protein per 1 cup, but 9 grams of carbs, which are sugars. But I think it's the sugar from the milk, so it's natural. Is this ok?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
9 grams is nothing, I wouldn't worry about it.

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
Just depends, since I'm trying to cut fat I wouldn't eat it a few hours before going to bed. Your goals may be different though.

dropshot001

Awards
it all depends on the rest of your diet and how it is set up. in a vacuum though, 9g of sugar isn't much at all

Sweekaters

Awards
Oikos is fine for you, it's lactose sugar which is literally harmless, nothing like HFCS sugar.

thewolf49

Awards
  • Established
So I shouldn't really count the sugar in milk then either?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
9g is nothing. You must be on a serious cut if you're legitimately worried about 9g. More power to ya.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i try not to get anymore than 50g a day

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i dont drink milk and hardly eat yogurt...counting mainly junk sugar from stuff like monster energy drinks,candy,etc

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if you are on a low carb diet, maybe, but the sugar in milk isn't bad for you.
unless lactose intolerant then its digested like a fiber and doesnt count toward carbohydrate total, problem is its doesnt break down which kind of sugar it is...

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
unless lactose intolerant then its digested like a fiber and doesnt count toward carbohydrate total, problem is its doesnt break down which kind of sugar it is...
Lactose definitely applies to carbohydrate totals...

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
What he was saying is that only if you are lactose intolerant, then you cannot digest it and hence do not have to count it...
Well sure, so somewhat free calories... just massive amounts of diarrhea and bloating.

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
9 grams is nothing, I wouldn't worry about it.
I agree.
also worry more for HFCS wich is in most pops ect.

here is something WELL WORTH waching: [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM&playnext=1&videos=eYSIBEHjB6I"]YouTube- Sugar: The Bitter Truth[/nomedia]