First day nicotine free....

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
I have been slowly weaning myself off cigarettes the last couple of months, and today marks my first day with no cigarettes. I have a pack of gum, put all my bics away, and made SURE there were no cigarettes in the house.

Let's see how this goes. Did this mainly because smoking affects your blood pressure, and even though I am in the normal range, when on cycle I could see more fluctuation while smoking.

:sad3:

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Toothpicks always helped a great deal for me when I quit smoking. Its a great way to deal with that whole oral fixation bit.

Anyways best of luck to you!

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
good luck to you bro you have more will power then i do .

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: Already feel like I want to kill someone... LOL

Chewing Orbit Gum like it's my job. Yeah Im on a bulk but if I didnt have the gum I'd be eating everything!!! LOL

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im day 2 without dip haha.. I love to dip, but its so expensive in Texas, im just stopping cold turkey..... again lol.. haha

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
stop dude! you will reap major benefits for quiting. youll prob put on about 5lbs. wont breath heavily when after you lay down just from walkin to your room and getting on ur bed. you wont smell like death. your teeth will get more white in them. girls will find you more attractive. your will power will become stronger.

should i go on!:woohoo:

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
stop dude! you will reap major benefits for quiting. youll prob put on about 5lbs. wont breath heavily when after you lay down just from walkin to your room and getting on ur bed. you wont smell like death. your teeth will get more white in them. girls will find you more attractive. your will power will become stronger.

Won't smell like death- Love that one... LOL

And the girls will find me more attractive... Well I don't really care as long as I got my bad ass gf LOL

but thanks for the reasons

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
trust me just push your self. every day will get easier. and once you quit youll find that it smells worse then to people who smoke them.

i use to be a pretty good smoker lol i know.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
nah man I quit.. it's my second day. I think ill be ok just pretty irritable

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I think I will stop this time for good.. I either have money for gallons of milk or dip and I choose milk..

suresha

Awards
  • Established
I have been slowly weaning myself off cigarettes the last couple of months, and today marks my first day with no cigarettes. I have a pack of gum, put all my bics away, and made SURE there were no cigarettes in the house.

Let's see how this goes. Did this mainly because smoking affects your blood pressure, and even though I am in the normal range, when on cycle I could see more fluctuation while smoking.

:sad3:
i feel you on this one southerncharm, i woke up this morning with the feeling the same way, so once the pack i got finishes is when i'll start my mission. hope all goes well for you and me both:fing02::sgrin:

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
i got a hell of a headache right now i dont know if its from not smoking??? maybe?

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I cold shouldered dipping and smoking a couple months ago, headaches are nicotine withdrawal probably.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
i used chantix after too many failed attempts at stopping on my own. 1 month bros thats all it took and those squares tasted like straight a$$. haven't had one for 2 years now (even when putting a few guinnesses down)

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
3rd day into it, no headache. no irritability so far... doing good!

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
3rd day into it, no headache. no irritability so far... doing good!
Great job man. Once you pass the 3-Day hump you're clear. It'll only be psychological after that.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Congrats! Tomorrow, 5/17 will be 1 year for me!!! I thought I was doomed to be a smoker for the rest of my life. I downloaded an app for my iPhone and I quit the next day. It's a combination of hypnotism, binaural beats and subliminal messages. It really works, no bs'ing They also sell a downloadable MP3 for non iPhone users. It's just amazing and I haven't had any cravings or anything. Check it out. MaxKirsten.com It's only like $8.00 and it works the first time. Good luck to you and happy anniversary to me!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Good for you bros, quitting an addiction is not easy by any means, requires plenty sacrifice from one in order to go through it. This is where you develop true integrity to yourself, may God give you all the strength needed to go through this!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
4th day! No cravings.... Mornings and night are the worst for me! Another day nicotine free LOL

I hope some of you smokers wanting to quit will hop on board, i feel like the air im breathing is fresher

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man ive been tryin to quit dip for a year now. everytime i try cold turkey within the first 2 weeks i literally get the "quitters flu". i live in texas and a can is only like 4 bucks for grizzly, less expensive than the camel cigs hahaha. how did u ppl quit?

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man ive been tryin to quit dip for a year now. everytime i try cold turkey within the first 2 weeks i literally get the "quitters flu". i live in texas and a can is only like 4 bucks for grizzly, less expensive than the camel cigs hahaha. how did u ppl quit?
Uhh, I just put the dip down lol... 4 dollars is expensive too, when I was in alabama, grizzly was 2 dollars and copp. was 1.86.. Im in Texas now, and I have to kick the habbit or I wont have money.. Used to dip a can a day.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
how did u ppl quit?
After I quit smoking I started chewing a period of time after throughout highschool. The best thing that worked for me was sunflower seeds when it came to chewing... however if you go overboard on them they'll eat away your gums just as fast as a good snoos will.

Used to dip a can a day.
At my worst I was chewing through a tin every three days, this was during the wrestling season. I can't even imagine how much your gums hated you after doing that.

votum

votum

Awards
  • Established
I was chewing a can every 2 days, 4 bucks is horrid for griz lol. 2 bucks here, and 4.90 for cope. Yeah I used sunflower seeds to quit chewing, just bought 2 bags and then quit using the seeds too, way too much salt in them

cory5489

Awards
congrats guys. im also on day 4 with no chew or smokes. i was doin a can a day and smoking was more social but smoked a pack a day if i didnt have chew. anyways i couldnt make it past day 3, got there 2 times and picked up. so i bought some nicorette, i feel like its cheating, like being on methadone for kicking heroin, but so far so good, just tryin to chew the gum as little as possible

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
After I quit smoking I started chewing a period of time after throughout highschool. The best thing that worked for me was sunflower seeds when it came to chewing... however if you go overboard on them they'll eat away your gums just as fast as a good snoos will.

At my worst I was chewing through a tin every three days, this was during the wrestling season. I can't even imagine how much your gums hated you after doing that.
Ya, can a day and then some.. But when I put in a dip, it only stays in my mouth for about 10mins and then I spit it out.. And I can finish a can in about 6 pinches..

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I dipped for years.....at least a can a day and one day just said this is stupid and threw it away. Funny how you can love something like that and just quit like that, I never missed it at all. Also smoked like crazy for a year and did the same with cigarettes.....now i cannot stand the smell of it!

I could not imagine trying to quit before I was ready.....I just got sick of both. Good luck and I promise you that you will feel better physically plus save a sh*t load of money!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the feedback and support everyone. On day 5, and already feeling like a new me. Dont crave it, stood outside with a couple of our employees while they were smoking a few feet away, and didn't even miss it. Got my gum, and 5 days strong.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Day 6!!! Stride gum FTW! lol

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
ouch! 4 bucks a can for grizzly? you are getting your head knocked off.

we have deals over here 1.29 for wolf packs ( better than grizzly) and grizzly itself is usually 2.29.

cant imagine how much skoal must be there

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ouch! 4 bucks a can for grizzly? you are getting your head knocked off.

we have deals over here 1.29 for wolf packs ( better than grizzly) and grizzly itself is usually 2.29.

cant imagine how much skoal must be there
skoal is like 5 dollars... and im gonna have to go with grizzly over wolf anyday..

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Keep it up Bro!

I quit about a year ago and I didn't gain any unwanted weight. In the gym my Leg workouts had improved and my cardio duration had increased. Also you will save $$$ that could go towards Food and Supplements.

Exposure

Exposure

Awards
I quit smoking over 2.5 years ago. The odd thing is that I didn't develop any other habits. I actually got rid of a few when I quit. My RLS went away, I quit biting my nails, and quit smoking. I consider myself very fortunate. With that said...

Keep it up bro, it's well worth it. I wish you the best of luck!

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Update: Still nicotine free!!!